A Doll's Destiny

"You're welcome," Clara replied. She noticed it was getting later so she sat her phone down and headed towards the kitchen. As he went on to play more of his games, she started to work on her dinner. She figured he would want to try out his new games. These were things he hadn't ever been able to experience before, so she wanted to give him a chance when he first got them to play with them.

Picking up one of the games, Aiden opened it and was about to put in the playstation, but he gave a disappointed frown. "Clara, my playstation doesn't have a disk drive. I think this one only lets you play games from on here."

"It shouldn't be a disc. You said you wanted to digital versions," Clara replied from the kitchen. Did they accidentally buy the wrong thing. But she could have sworn she picked out exactly what he wanted and in the form that he needed. "Is there any sort of code you can put in somewhere or whatever? I'm not too familiar with this sort of thing so I wouldn't really know. If you need to, you can look it up with my phone."

"Let's see..." examining the case further, Aiden saw there was, indeed, a small set of numbers. "Ah, here we go! Yep, I found it."
Turning the TV back on, Aiden exited out of his current game and went back to the online store. Selecting 'Redeem Code,' he entered the numbers into the field, and a progress bar appeared, increasing. A moment later, it filled, and game appeared in his library. He grinned. "Clara, look!"

She waited to here a response and it seemed that he had found one. She smiled then went back to working on her dinner until he told her to look over at the tv. She noticed that he had gotten the game to work. "That's good. I'm glad we did actually get the right thing. I would have had to take it back and change it out if we didn't."

(Time skip to next day?)
"Thanks," Aiden said. He clicked play, and the game, Ratchet and Clank: Rift apart, began.

(ooc: Sure)

The rest of the day went on, with him trying out his new games. Clara made her dinner, ate it, then eventually rejoined him in the living as she watched him play. Eventually, it got late and it was time to head to bed. After he was ready with the blankets on the couch she turned off the light and headed to her own bed. She got herself ready and went to sleep. It didn't take her long to fall asleep. Morning came and she awoke. She headed into the kitchen to make some breakfast. She wondered what Aiden would want to do that day.

(OOC: Awesome. Also, please try not to control my guy.)
Aiden blinked awake the next morning. He stretched, stitches popping with the movement and glanced out at the gray, gloomy sky. The bulbous clouds appeared as if they'd burst open at any second. Like most people, Aiden was not a fan of the rain, but if they were going to go out today...he'd have to tolerate it.
The toy sat up and climbed off the couch. He headed into the kitchen and offered Clara a small smile. "Mornin'."

(ooc: I finished the day for the time skip. I wasn't controlling him. You were free to write whatever you wanted for him for the rest of that night.)

"Good morning," Clara replied. She was making herself breakfast. "What do you want do today?" Once she finished what she was making she placed her breakfast on the table. She got something to drink and then took a seat so she could eat her food. She waited to hear his reply as she started to eat.

Last edited:
(OOC: It just seemed you were accidentally when you posted, "When Aiden was ready with the sheets...")
He sighed, Hopping into the chair across from her. "Considering the mess out there, I have no idea."

(OOC: I meant that once he was "in bed" but it's not really a bed so I said blankets and couch, that she turned off the light for him. I'm not placing him in "bed", I'm just saying that once he was there and ready for the light to be off, that she turned it off. I was using it as a time frame for her actions, not writing his. He sleeps so eventually he would be in "bed" at some point in the night and whenever that was, she turned off the light for him when it was ready for it.)

"You don't have to choose something outside," Clara replied in between bites. She glanced outside for a moment then back at him. "We could always do something in the house. I have some board games or we can watch more movies. Rainy days can make fun indoor days. You just have to come up with things to do."

(OOC: So...time referential points?"
"I was thinking of going to that amusement park, but I'm just worried the weather will turn on us," Aiden sighed again and ran a hand down his plush face. "Oh well, guess that can wait. What board games you got?"

(OOC: Yeah. For future reference, you are always free to write whatever you want before the time skip even after I time skip. That's what I've done with all my other partners before. You just put your before time skip and after time skip stuff together like I did. So, you were free to do whatever you wanted with him. I was just using the time reference of whenever he was ready for bed.)

"We can always go to the amusement park another day. It would be a pain if it starting to pour on us. And I don't think you'd do very well in the rain. Honestly, I don't even know what would be the best way to dry you if that happened," she replied back. Maybe a hair dyer would be gentle enough? "Let's see. I've got some classic ones like Life, Monopoly...You can do look if you want. They are in the closet."

(OOC: Gotcha. I'll remember that for next time. Sorry about that.)
"You have monopoly?" Aiden's eyes bulged. "I've never played that, but I love to now."

(OOC: No need to apologize. I'm sorry too. I'll try to make sure I'm more clear about my intentions next time.)

"Yes, I do," Clara replied. She smiled when she saw that he was really excited about hearing that and just as she suspected because of that, he really wanted to try it out. "Alright, we can play that. Let me just finish up my breakfast first. It might be too high for you to reach so I might have to get it myself, but I don't remember so you could always go look in the closest if you wanted to try to get it yourself. I don't remember what shelf it might be on."

(OOC: Thanks.)
"I'll try getting it," Aiden said, hopping off the chair and headed off, then stopped. "Uh...where's the closet?"

"In the hallway," Clara replied. She continued to eat her breakfast. Once she was finally finished eating, she went to the sink to clan off the dishes she had used. She then waited to see if he was able to get the game or not. If he couldn't then she would head over there any assist him with getting it.

Nodding, the toy headed out the kitchen and down the hall, stopping at a closed door to his right. Raising himself onto his tip toes, Aiden's fingers barely brushed across the doorknob. He then squatted and leapt, this time managing to grip the knob tightly in both hands. Swinging and struggling, he slowly got it to turn. Releasing his hold, the doll fell to the floor with a soft, landing on his back. With a grunt, he stood back up. Pushing open the door, he scanned the closet , sighing in frustration. The games lined the top two shelves.
Taking a deep breath, the toy slowly climbed up and pulled out each game: Chess, Checkers, Life, Trouble, Shoots N Ladders, Uno, a trivia game, but no Monopoly. Moving up one more shelf, he scanned through the titles again, until finally finding Monopoly. Now, how to get down?
Gripping the game against his stuffed chest, Aiden tried climbing down one shelf at a time, but he slipped, landing vulpine with soft thump. Sliding the game off himself, the toy slowly stood, closed the door, and picked up and took it out into the kitch, one hand rubbing his back. He gave a pained smile. "...Got it..."

Clara looked at him. He had the game but something seemed off. "Are you okay?" she asked him. She hadn't be aware of his adventures and because his body was small and soft in some areas, she hadn't be able to hear the thump of his body when it had fallen. So, she had no idea what had happened to him. But it was clear something was bothering him. "Did something happen? You don't look like you are truly smiling."

"Yeah..." he tried to reach up and put the game on the table, but he winced and moaned. "Let's just say, getting this was a bit of a challenge. Stuffing isn't dented, though."