• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Pick a character!

• Mob family

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Aristocrat

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Russian spy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cop

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Lady of the night

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

kaleidoscopique

Edgepeasant
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Post-apocalyptic, dystopian, politics, supernatural, historical (1920s, Victorian, Regency, revolutionary eras, WW2, etc), crime, dark themes, splashes of romance

Fandoms: Lore Olympus, Harry Potter, The Walking Dead, Hannibal, Bates Motel, Death Note, Batman verse, Peaky Blinders
Hi all! I'm new to this site, though certainly not to RPing. You can call me Kay. Please bear with me as I learn to navigate iwaku.

peaky-season-4.jpg

The setting: The war has ended. Birmingham's working class have returned to the drudgery of factory jobs, but men still wake sweating and screaming and wondering precisely what it was they fought for in the trenches of France. Women who tasted freedom have awoken to find themselves stuck back in the kitchen despite their grand ideas. And yet, striding through this dismal industrial hellscape comes a group of men, coats billowing behind and caps set at a jaunty angle, who thrive off of the chaos and debauchery. The kings of their wretched domain. Behind closed doors there is music and laughter, whiskey and a haze of smoke, beautiful women and backroom deals.

So, this RP is based off of the excellent series Peaky Blinders. If you've seen it, awesome. If not, fine. All you need to know is that this is an organized crime drama set in 1920s Britain. OCs are perfectly acceptable. I want to check for interest before nailing down the plot. Family drama? Political intrigue? Booze, drugs and violence? A dash of romance and a heavy helping of criminal activity? You bet. Let's create something awesome together.

What I expect:
  • Evocative writing (min 3 para)

• Able to post at least a few times a week. If something comes up, I'll understand!

• 3rd-person, past tense

• Fade-to-black for any explicit scenes. Take it to PMs if you'd like.
Please reply to the thread if interested! Hope to hear from you.

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Ahhhh. Transfer for STING. Gotcha. Sounds great! I'm sure Kay (@kaleidoscopique) can definitely find a way to weave ya in. Howard may very well get to know him and possibly Lizzie. Have to keep things on the downlow though. :)
yeah I can see many small plot potentials in his story and no doubt at least a few would know more about him than others

yeah I can see many small plot potentials in his story and no doubt at least a few would know more about him than others

Howard would be the only one (from what I can tell) that knows about the STING operation. Will your character be investigating the Blinders?

Is there room for one more interested human?

• Love
Reactions: junebug
Howard would be the only one (from what I can tell) that knows about the STING operation. Will your character be investigating the Blinders?
I was thinking of it being about the blinders but I am totally open to other suggestions for fluidity of plotlines. I'll shove a draft bio up as soon as i can (at work)

I was thinking of it being about the blinders but I am totally open to other suggestions for fluidity of plotlines. I'll shove a draft bio up as soon as i can (at work)

The Blinders would be a great idea, since that's what this rp is focused on. It'd also give your character and Lizzie a chance to meet amongst investigation since Lizzie is going to be putting herself in harm's way to find out more about the Blinders. Your character could maybe or maybe not relay that to Howard, depending on the relationship between your character and Howard, and quite possibly, Lizzie and your character. She really wouldn't want Howard knowing she's getting into trouble lol.

The Blinders would be a great idea, since that's what this rp is focused on. It'd also give your character and Lizzie a chance to meet amongst investigation since Lizzie is going to be putting herself in harm's way to find out more about the Blinders. Your character could maybe or maybe not relay that to Howard, depending on the relationship between your character and Howard, and quite possibly, Lizzie and your character. She really wouldn't want Howard knowing she's getting into trouble lol.
yeah to me having him reporting to the senior officers about the blinders makes the most sense. I need to read up more for lizzie's background so i can work an interaction in. (I started rewatching PB last night )

yeah to me having him reporting to the senior officers about the blinders makes the most sense. I need to read up more for lizzie's background so i can work an interaction in. (I started rewatching PB last night )

Lizzie's my OC; her background is pretty brief, so if you have any questions (I don't believe Kay updated her bio with the new one I did lol), let me know. Got a Howard bio somewhere too, so I'll find that for ya.

Lizzie's my OC; her background is pretty brief, so if you have any questions (I don't believe Kay updated her bio with the new one I did lol), let me know. Got a Howard bio somewhere too, so I'll find that for ya.
wicked sticks :)

I adore this idea and I hope I'm not to late to express my interest in this!

Oh I wanna play!

Oh I wanna play!
*directs you to the ooc thread:* click!

This RP has come a long way since I created an interest check! Feel free to have a mosey around and see if anything strikes your fancy. Not officially open anymore, but tbh you may be able to convince me if you still want in. Hmu with any questions :)

Is there room for one more interested human?
Did I ever get back to you? If I never got back to you, my apologies!! I stopped getting notifications that anyone was replying to this thread for some reason.

*directs you to the ooc thread:* click!

We're not officially open, but if you're still interested and would be a good fit, you could likely persuade me! Hmu with any questions :)

Personally I would love to be a part of this, I have a character with a deeply prideful heritage in mind. Being a German married to a Jew refugee however still being a german would most likely not align him with the blinders. However I do like the idea of him being an ex-member of the Solomon crew and having a serious history against the Italians not unlike the Blinders.

So I was just wondering if this'll be based around the shows history and characters or at least include the current story

Personally I would love to be a part of this, I have a character with a deeply prideful heritage in mind. Being a German married to a Jew refugee however still being a german would most likely not align him with the blinders. However I do like the idea of him being an ex-member of the Solomon crew and having a serious history against the Italians not unlike the Blinders.

So I was just wondering if this'll be based around the shows history and characters or at least include the current story
heya! *directs you to ooc thread*

Your character sounds intriguing. Our rp is underway, and I'm picky about new members, but feel free to take a look around and, if you want in, we can talk :)