Zodiac

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Gwenn sighed, "Very well then." She glanced at Fintan and lifted a brow, "Help..or move."

Fintan looked a bit reluctant to do either. he was very uncomfortable with this scenario, though he could see that the woman on the cot was not looking exactly well, he wasn't sure treating her against her will was right. "Is there honestly no other way to administer this ..whatever it is?" he asked standing his ground between the women.

Ashley shook her head. "No. These must be injected into her bloodstream so she would get better quicker." She said, raising the four syringes. "Or else the medicine wouldn't really work and she'd get even worse." She said, quite worriedly. "And that means she wouldn't make it to the ceremony."

Jay hissed but didn't say anything. She pushed herself up into a sitting position and slid to the other end of the bed with her arms crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fintan looked a bit more confused and he noted that the woman on the bed had moved and was looking even more obstinate about her treatment. He sat next to her and leaned in, Listen, I know needles are ...well they are not at all fun, but...given that or not being able to do what you had set out to do...what is worse?" He looked at her then and smiled, "Maybe if you don't look it won't be so bad."

he took her hands and smiled again and he was actually quite a handsome man to look at, with dark hair and grayish green eyes and when he smile deep dimples indented both cheeks making him look much younger. He wasn't old but the dimples made him look even more youthful. "How about you just look at me and pretend like they are not even here. So...what's your name Scorpio?" he asked.

Gwenn wasn't sure whether to groan or laugh, but she let the guy try. they certainly weren't getting anywhere their way. Maybe Ashley was quick and nimble with those things and could get the job done quickly.

Jay looked up at his grayish green eyes and smiled slightly, relaxing. "My name is Jay." She said sweetly.

As Jay was focused on Fintan, Ashley jumped forwards and instantly inserted one of the needles into Jay, making her scream in slight pain. "Listen Jay it's almost over with." She said, going through the other three needles in about a minute.

Fintan just held onto her hands and smiled, "Jay...that's lovely...like the bird. graceful and beautiful."

Gwenn just stood by the door, glad she hadn't had to resort to physically restraining Jay. Not that she couldn't or wouldn't have, but she was glad it hadn't come to that. She was trying to decide if Fintan was the most compassionate person she'd ever met, or if he was the best con man. Time would tell she supposed, but she was grateful for his intervention in any event.

Fintan watched Jay and never looked away, "You were very brave. I really hope you feel better soon, and are able to go to this...whatever it is we are going to." He hadn't looked away, because he was terrified of needles as well, and if he'd looked he would have no doubt panicked and caused quite the scene.

Jay slightly smiled. "I wouldn't call myself brave. I was terrified the whole time. And actually I already feel better." She said, sitting straight up. She held Fintan's hands tightly like she didn't want him to leave at all...

Ashley sighed and turned around and exited the room, accidentally bumping into Gwenn. "Sorry... I'm going to make some soup if you'd like some." She then poked her head into the room again. "Fintan. I have to charge you with the observation and caring of my patent including feeding." She said, before going out again and heading to the kitchen to make some potato and corn soup.

Fintan held Jay's hands gently and winked at her, "Bravery is doing things even when you are scared."

Gwenn took a step back when Ashley bumped into her and nodded, "No problem. Soup sounds great actually." And she began to follow her out, "Can I help?"

When Ashley poked her head back in the room Fintan tore his gaze away from Jay, "I would be delighted."

Gwenn was forcing a smile to her face but that whole scene there was about to send her into a sugar coma. She moved back into the kitchen and washed her hands, "Have you met any other members of the twelve?"

Ashley had already washed her hands. She was drying them off on a soft towel. "I have not." She said, going to different cubbies and pulling out supplies to make the soup. As she lit a fire in the fire pit in the middle of the kitchen, she smiled. "Can you give me a pot?"

Jay smiled slightly. "I don't need to be watched." She said smoothly.

Gwenn followed where Ashley's hand had pointed and she grabbed a pot and handed it to her, "Were you planning to go to the gathering?" she asked. "I don't think we have a lot more time to get there...maybe a week. Two at the most." she sighed, "Part of my book is missing, so it's difficult to know for sure, but the marks are getting brighter. That has to mean something..."

Fintan smiled, "I'm sure you don't," he agreed with a soft cooing in his voice, "but I was told to watch you and I am glad of the time alone..." He tipped his head and leaned his ear onto the top of her head as he drew her to his side. "Let the medicine work.." he urged her, "So...how did you meet all these ladies?" he asked, "Do you know what's going on?"

Ashley nodded. "I was planning to go as well. And I think its a week. And did you say something about a book? Let me see."

Jay smiled slightly. "Well it all started when my tattoo started to glow. I was being enslaved by my father inside his castle. When it started to glow, I escaped and ran into the woods being chased by wolves. Gwenn saved me and helped tend to me wounds. Then together we bought eragons and made it to a town. Uh when we stopped by a cafe I got sick. Luckly Ashley was there and she helped me. Then Gwenn carried me here and then you saw the rest."

Gwenn pulled out the book and set it on the edge of the counter. "it is in poor condition, but this is how I found it." She flipped to the page where she saw half the zodiac signs shown, "Ever seen any of these?"

Fintan listened and frowned, "Why would a father imprison his child?" His eyes flashed an odd golden color for just a moment and then returned to the light blue they appeared otherwise. "It is good you found an ally along the way. And now you have me as well, so no further harm will come to you."

Jay gave a big smile. "Thank you Fintan." She whispered before going silent. After a few seconds of being still, Jay was suddenly overcome with tiredness. She closed her eyes and quickly fell asleep and as she slept she breathed in quick and fast.

Ashley took the pot and began to boil water in it. As she did this, she went over to Gwenn and began to examine the book as well. "I have seen these before. It was a dream."

Fintan smiled as she fell asleep, and left her to rest in peace. He made his way toward the voices and entered the kitchen, "She is sleeping." he said as he peeked at the book the others were looking at, "Hey...I have seen that before..." he said pulling a much smaller book from his pack and opening it to a similar looking page, though his page had both sides in tact. "You know what this stuff means?" he asked, "I've been trying to figure it out for weeks."

Gwenn looked at Fintan as he laid his book out and blinked. She pulled it closer and looked at his half that she had been missing. "This is the full image of the meeting of the twelve." she said, "This is how we are to stand at the meeting in the Catherdral of the Stars.." She looked more closely and pointed to the stars above the cathedral, "you are correct Ashley...we have only one week to arrive..."

"Also I think we all have one challenge to go through to become an actual guardian." Ashley said, putting peeled potatoes and corn into the boiling water. "Like maybe we have to face our fears and whatnot." She said, shrugging.

Gwenn studied the pages provided by Fintan and frowned, "That could be what all this means," she said pointing to the fire and other things around the outside of the diagram.

Fintan shrugged, "I just want to get whatever this is overwith and get back to my normal..wait what did you say?" he asked and looked at Ashley, "Guardian of what? Guardian sounds like something permanent....I'm not sure I'm up for anything permanent."

Gwenn huffed, "Such a calling as this does not generally take no for an answer."

"The Zodiac Guardians." Ashley said proudly. "Or The Guardians Of The Stars." She said still showing pride as she stared at the boiling soup.

Jay had woken up and was completely silently as she sat up and went into a small coughing fit.

Gwenn nodded, "There is a reason we are all feeling the pull of the gathering, something must be about to happen of great importance."

Fintan frowned, "Which means it will be dangerous. I can't believe you are all so ready to die."

Ashley smiled as she pulled out three wooden bowls and began to fill them with the soup. "Not on my watch. No one will die." She said, as she placed the bowls on the counter. "There. Fintan go feed Jay." She said.

Jay continued to cough for a bit before clearing her throat. "This is why I hate medicine. It doesn't work that well on me." She growled, looking around while sitting straight up with the blanket over her legs. She looked slightly like a dead corpse with only bones and skin on her body. Her purple eyes seemed sunken and distant as if they were covered over by some kind of veil. She slowly lifted her shaking hand to where her pocket of her jeans should've been. She began to breathe quickly and shallowly as she noticed her pockets seemed strangely empty. "No. No. No." She repeated as she began to tear the blankets off of her in a desperate attempt to find something. After a while, she got up from the bed and stumbled into the hallway, still looking like a dead corpse, sick and anxious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fintan was carrying the bowl to Jay when he found her stumbling out into the hall. His free arm went around her waist and he carried her back to the bed, "What are you doing?" he asked gently, "You need to rest so we can continue on apparently. And Ashley says you need to eat...."

Gwenn took on of the bowls and ate. She was hungry from all the extra work that morning carrying Jay, and cleaning the bathroom. "It would be nice if one of us could read this language...maybe one of the others will be able to." she said looking at the diagram and the words around it.

"I don't need rest and food..." She lied. "I need something else!" She said, obviously still anxious.

Ashley nodded. "I believe one of us could be able to read this yes."