Zodiac

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Gwenn finished her turnover and her coffee and frowned glancing at the bathroom door. It had been quite a while since the girl had gone in there and she supposed it was appropriate now to check on her, without the onus of being meddling.

Crossing the room she stood before the door and tapped lightly, "Are you well?" she asked quietly attempting to draw no further attention to the situation than necessary.

Jay groaned slightly. "N-No...I-I'm not alright." She said, shaking. She reached for the door from the floor but failed. She turned away from the door before throwing up once more.

Gwenn heard the knob move slightly but the door did not open, then she heard something that sounded like retching. She tried to turn the knob then, but the door was locked. frowning she went to the owner and asked if there was a key to the ladies' room for emergencies. he looked puzzled so she explained that her companion was ill and she believed in need of help. The man blanched a bit but produced a key in a shaking hand. He offered his assistance but Gwenn could tell he was hoping she declined.

She went back to the restroom and unlocked the door and opened it carefully. she saw jay on the floor and vomit everywhere. Where was that all coming from? She didn't believe they had eaten enough to cause this, but she cast those thoughts aside and squeezed into the bathroom and shut the door behind her and clicked the lock.

Seeing a hand towel hanging from a rod, she wet it and dabbed at Jay's head to cool her. She needed to get her up off the floor but there was really nowhere to put her that was safe in her unconscious state. Pondering her options she unlocked the door and went back to the owner, "Sir, is there a healer in the village?"

The owner thought for a second. After a few seconds he shook his head. "No ma'm I don't believe so. Is your friend alright?" He asked while looking extremely nervous.

Jay gasped and opened her eyes. She laid there, feeling to weak too move or get up. "Why...Do...I...Have....To...Get...Sick...Now?" She muttered before going unconscious again.

Ashley was nearby just drinking coffee and looking at Gwenn and the owner. Slowly putting down her coffee, she got up and slowly approached Gwenn. Ashley had bright blue hair and was extremely pale. Her hazel eyes extremely noticeable due to how much blue was on her. "Do you need help? I have a home nearby. I can heal your friend there." She said firmly. Her pisces emblem could be clearly seen on her cheek where it glowed a bright pastel pink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gwenn looked at the owner and there was a hint of irritation in her eyes, but it did not reach her voice, "No, she is not. I am afraid your facilities are in quite a state..."

She looked at the woman who approached her and nodded, "Maybe you should come and have a look at her and let me know if it is safe to move her." She led her back to the restroom and unlocked the door again and opening the door only slightly let herself and the other woman inside. She left Jay's care to the woman and started to clean up with the towels and water from the sink.

Ashley crouched next to Jay and laid her hand over her head. "Oh my... Yes it is safe to move her, but we need to move her now and I'm afraid I can't carry her." She said while looking through the small pouch of herbs she carried. She quickly laid out the herbs in front of her and brought out a bowl and a large wooden spoon. She slowly but surely placed all the herbs into the bowl and started to make a paste. When she finished she spread the paste over Jay's face, cooling her a little bit. "Um...My name is Ashley. Do you think you'll be able to carry this girl?" She asked calmly.

Gwenn finished cleaning the floor and was about to look in the stall itself when she nodded, "No problem. I am Gwenn...I see your mark. I am the Gemini. We are headed to the gathering. But yes...I can carry her. The rest of the cleaning will have to wait I guess."

She set the items aside and crouched down and slid her arms under jay's knees and back and then stood without much effort. "Lead the way?" She said and waited for her to open the door. She stepped out and then motioned to the key in her hand, "Lock it please." She instructed and then held her hand out to receive the key back.

She gave the owner a nod, "I have the key. I will return to finish cleaning the room."

"Oh yes well...I do hope she will be well..." The owner said running ahead of her to open the front door and let them out.

Ashley sighed as she quickly locked the door using the key Gwenn had. "Well never thought I'd meet the gemini like this..." She muttered as she gave the key back to Gwenn before walking out. She looked at Jay once in a while, giving her a worried look. "Is she one of us? A zodiac?"

Gwenn nodded, "She's the Scorpio." she said once they were outside the bakery. Following along, seeming to not be burdened at all by Gwenn's weight, "When did your symbol start to glow?" she asked. She was curious about the others, as it seemed her symbol had started to glow a lot earlier than some of the others. maybe it was because of her contact with the book.

"Well... My symbol began to glow and started to burn about two weeks ago. I have the Capricorn at my house already so.... That's four guardians in one spot." Ashley said firmly while rubbing her emblem on her cheek. She continued to walk silently until coming upon a large wooden cottage. She slowly opened the door and stepped back so Gwenn could go in. "There's a bed room down the hallway. It has the pisces symbol on it. Just lay the scorpio on my bed." She said pointing to the large hallway attached to the also huge living room. She then rushed to the kitchen which was also attached to the living room.

Gwenn followed and listened. "I see," she said as she moved effortlessly, "Mine has been glowing for about a month. I begin to wonder if it is because of my contact with the ancient tome." She pressed her lips together and followed her into the modest home and then following her instructions laid Jay on the bed on the room with the Pices mark.

She left Jay there on the bed and returned down the hall the way she had come, finding Ashley in the kitchen, "I am going to finish cleaning that man's facilities. i will return shortly." She turned then but stopped at the door, "Is there anything you require while I am out?"

Ashley turned around and looked at Gwenn for a few seconds before nodding. "I need bandages, fever-few, and some poppy seeds. Fever-few is a large, slender, orange leaf. Poppy seeds you can get from smashing some flowers." She then turned back around and began to pick up several bottles and syringes from her medical cabinet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gwenn nodded and went back to the bakery to clean the bathroom. It took about an hour but it was finally completely clean. She returned the key to the owner, "I am sorry that took so long," she apologized, "But it is disinfected and clean and ready for use now." She set some money on the counter. "For your inconvenience."

She went into the forest then to search for the leaf and the seeds. She knew what poppies looked like so that was easy enough, the leaf was a bit less so. She gathered three different orange leaves, not being exactly sure which was the correct one, but figuring safe was better than sorry. She went to the apothecary and purchased bandages and then returned to the house. She tapped the door but then entered without being bidden to do so. She went to the kitchen and deposited her goods on the counter. "I was not certain which leaf was the one you needed, so I brought all the orange leaves I found."

Ashley examined the three leaves. "These are all fever-few." She said grabbing the leaves,seeds and bandages in one hand. She had about four syringes in her other hand that were full of different liquids. She then slowly walked to the room that Jay was in and entered. She slowly approached the awake and conscious Jay with the needles.

Jay gave a fearful look as she looked down at the needles in Ashley's hands. "N-no...Don't come near me." She growled.

Ashley sighed. "Gwenn. I need your assistance. Your friend won't let me get close enough to tend to her."

Gwenn had followed and when summoned stepped into the room, "We need you to be well." she said to jay, "Or we cannot continue on to the ceremony. Please do not make me restrain you." She gave her a quelling look that said she WOULD do so if she had to.

Fintan had seen the woman in the forest collecting things and noticed the glowing mark on her wrist. His mark was not visible but it seemed to burn his chest as he watched her. He had no idea what the mark meant, or why it has suddenly appeared a week ago, but maybe this woman had some answers. He saw her enter a small house with the items and he crouched outside and peeked in trying to see what was going on. He heard a woman screaming for someone to get away from her and he burst through the door and ran toward the shouting. He stood in the door, hearing Gwenn threaten to restrain someone and pushed her aside, "NAY!" he said and stood over the woman on the bed, "Ye will not force your evil upon anyone! Not while I have breath!"

Ashley gave out a little squeak as Fintan revealed himself and backed up a bit so she stood right next to Gwen with the supplies in hand. She looked a bit terrified.

Jay looked at Fintan, not scared of him. "Yeah! Gwenn I'm totally fine." She lied, trying to make herself looked better.

Gwenn looked at the big man standing between them and jay and raised a brow, "What the devil are you talking about?"

Fintan puffed up his chest a bit larger and attempted to look more intimidating since one of the women was not cowering as she rightly should be. "I hear this young woman shouting at you to get away from her, and I heard you madam threaten to restrain her...quite apparently against her will. And THAT woman looks to be armed with things to do bodily harm to her, and possibly even kill her. But I say I will not allow it."

Gwenn rolled her eyes, "Oh for the love of all that is righteous...you sir are not needed here. THAT woman," she said pointing to jay, "Was violently ill earlier, and found unconscious on the floor of a public restroom unable to even stand. and THIS woman," she said motioning to Ashley, "Has been tending to her sickness. and THIS woman," she said pointing back to Jay, "Is attempting to avoid being treated, so I rightly was offering to help Ashley do what was best and administer medication."

Fintan's chest was a little less puffed up as Gwenn expounded what the real situation actually was and then he turned and looked at Jay, "Is this true miss?" he asked.

Jay sighed a bit sadly. "Yes. It's true and I'm not letting her get any where close to me." She muttered.

Ashley smiled. "Oh Gwenn. Please hold Jay down while I inject her."

Finton frowned, "Forgive my intrusion ladies. I only followed..Gwenn was it?" he asked and she nodded, "because I noticed her mark..."

Gwenn frowned, "Who are you?"

Finton bowed, "I am Finton," he said as he moved the white poet's sleeved shirt aside and revealed the glowing emblem of the Taurus on his chest. "I was hoping you might be able to explain what this means."

Gwenn nodded, "I can, but not until the lady here agrees to be treated so we can proceed." She looked at Jay and raised a brow, "Easy way or hard way...what do you choose?"

Jay slightly smiled. "I would like the hard way... There's no way in hell those needles are being inserted into me."

Ashley sighed. "So I see my patient has a fear of needles." She tipped her head slightly as she got ready to forcefully treat Jay.