Zodiac

Once Fletcher got them a safe enough distance from the temple he stopped and held up his hand, "Food..." And then he looked at Jay, "DO you know where he is? I know you are annoyed with me, but we need to be safely away from our attackers. If you know where he is we may be able to divert slightly and find him, if not...we will continue to the caves and see if there is a way to contact him from there."

Kian had little trouble keeping up, but he could tell Freya was pushing herself. He went to her, "Are you able to keep this pace?"

Freya nodded, "I can, though barely. Fletcher knows how fast I can go and he likes to push my limits. I do not mind though, he is forcing me to become stronger."

Zuzen sat and pulled began digging by a tree root. "This tree is edible, and it is a good source of protein and energy." He sliced through the thinner roots and continued until he had a pile. he then skinned the hard outer bark off of them and began handing them to each person. "It is a bit chewy but it tastes sweet."

Gwenn went to each person with flasks of water she'd packed, and though they had to share all seemed glad for the water. She moved to Fletcher last since he seemed the least affected by their exertions. "Is there a water source along this path? I will need to refill these if we pass one."

Fintan stood with Jay as he was like to do and waited to see if she knew the answer to Fletcher's question. He had no idea where the stargazer was, but maybe she did.

Jay tilted her head slightly. "Well, I do know where he lives but it's a lot off course." She said before looking down at the tree roots and water canteen in her hands. She began to slowly eat the root, looking up at Fletcher.

Ashley smiled at the tree root and water canteen that was placed in her hands. "Thank you." She said to both of them before beginning to slowly enjoy the root and water she was given. She shouldered her bag a bit, making it line up with her hip. "So... If Jay needs to absolutely go there and Fletcher wants to get to the cave, why don't we split up? Six goes to the Stargazer's home while the other six goes to the cave. I believe if we do this, i wish to go to the cave and then after the six are finished with the Stargazer, they can meet us at the cave. It seems logical to me." She stated, putting a half eaten root and the still full canteen into her bag.

Sempiternal sat down against one of the trees and began to actually devour her food really quickly as if she wasn't eating a tree root. After swallowing the root, she looked up at the group. "I wish to go to the cave as well." She said, holding the water canteen in her lap.

Jack and Bella both look down at their roots and canteen and shrug. Jack begins to slowly drink his water as Bella began to eat her root. The two were still talking quietly, a bit further from the rest. After a second, Bella stepped forwards. "Jack wants to go to the Stargazer's home and I wish to go to the cave." She announced.

Blasphemy was still right next to Freya, holding his tree root and water canteen in his hand still. He looked up at Freya and gave a tiny whine. "I don't wanna be with Bella... Can you go with me to the Stargazer's please...?" He asked softly, not wanting anyone else to hear. He pocketed the tree root into his pocket for later since he wasn't hungry right now and just smartly used a tiny piece of rope from his pocket to tie the canteen to one of his belt straps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fletcher tipped his head, "I can make a map to the cave for whoever is able to read them and is willing to go with the others to the Stargazer's home." He was frankly glad that the betrayer was coming with him, he wanted to know where she was at all times.

Kian nodded, "Make the map and I will go with the group to the stargazer and follow the map back to the cave." He felt as if he and Fletcher were the two strongest leaders in the group so if the group so having one of them in each team seemed the wisest course of action.

Zuzen listened and lifted his hand, "I'll go to the cave...and take up the rear."

Fintan stepped over to Jay, "I go where Jay goes..." He said almost daring anyone to deny that claim.

Freya smiled down at Blas and winked. "I would like to meet the stargazer actually. I believe I have a few questions for him as well." She didn't but she didn't want anyone to know she was going because of Blas.

Fletcher looked over at Freya and nodded and then at Kian, "Keep her safe...we need her healing powers."

Kian nodded, "Agreed, and not to worry I will keep everyone safe." Kian's strength and confidence were unshakable to the point of arrogance, but he was not so in an obnoxious sort of way, but rather in a matter of fact sort of way. He had trained and worked hard, and he knew it. He looked and felt prepared for anything, and it was his desire to inspire that in the team as a whole.

Gwenn listened and waited. She had no preference so when everyone else had stated theirs she spoke, "I will go to the cave then." Like Fletcher she wanted to know where Bella was and what she was doing and talking about if possible. She didn't like the niggling feeling she had in her gut about the girl.

Fletcher stood then, "If you are for the cave, we leave now. Good speed and safety to those for the Stargazer. Until we meet again." He clasped his fist to his chest and bowed his head slightly in a sign of respect from his homeland and then turned and began moving into the trees, expecting those who said they were coming to the cave to follow.

Bella walked past everyone first, giving a glare with her bright red eyes to Jay and Blasphemy. She smirked then turned back around and followed Fletcher, her long sword in her right hand. Her red hair glowed slightly in the sunlight as she walked.

Sempiternal slowly uses the tree to stand up and stumbled after Bella, her water canteen in her left hand. She looked back at the others and gave a reassuring look. "See you later!" She said before turning her head back towards Bella and Fletcher. She tripped over what she had thought to be a tree root, stood up and looked behind her at what she tripped over. She grabbed it and quickly pulled it out of the ground. It was a super heavy and rustic falchion, she could barely hold it due to it's weight but nonetheless, she held the leather wrapped shaft of the falchion with awe in her right hand before turning back to Bella and Fletcher and ran back over to them, dragging the heavy falchion across the ground.

Ashley looked over at Jack and pulled him aside from the others, quietly talking to him with seriousness and worry in her voice. She grabbed her bag and began to go through it with alarming speed. She pulled out several potions with different colored liquids and strangely decorated bottles. She shoved it into Jack's hands and talked to him for a few more moments before turning back towards Fletcher and the others and running after them with a bit of speed. "Good luck!" She yelled as she passed.

Jay grinned and wrapped her left arm around Fintan's neck after slowly finishing off her root and putting her canteen of water in her pocket but the end of it hung out. "Always loyal to me hun? This is why I find an attraction to you." She said before biting the bottom of her lip and looking at Kian. "Lead the way oh mighty leader. Or do I have to show you the way?" She asked, her arm still wrapped around Fintan's neck. "And even if you do or do not know the way and I have to show the way, I am going to be carried. I need to regenerate my strength for doing that noble feat of getting the book out of the statue." She said looking over at Fintan's face, she was still super pale and she was currently just skin and bones. She had taken a robe of a dead body from the temple/prison and had fashioned a strap with it. She wrapped the cloth strap around her scythe as it shrunk to a small stick. She attached it to her waist so it would be at her right hip at all times and could be easily pulled out of the sheath. Her long purple hair that reached the center of her back wavered in the breeze as it passed upon them.

Blasphemy gave Freya a huge smile before turning towards Kian, still standing besides Freya. He checked his water bottle to see if the rope would easily break but it didn't. He gave a sigh of relief for that and then he just waited for further instruction or movements. He looked up into the sky to see the sun was still clearly up but in a few hours, it'd be night. If they'd hurry and whatnot he would guess they'd reach the Stargazer's a hour after the sun has set.

Jack was standing behind Freya, now with a large amount of potions in his hands. "Does anyone have a bag I can use?" He asked nervously. He had been given a huge responsibility of feeding people potions if they had felt weakened, sick, wounded, shocked, or overly emotional. He also nervously shifted slightly, his pike strapped on his back by a piece of leather that went over his shoulder like a backpack would.

Fletcher never looked back to see if they followed. he could hear then and that was good enough for him.

Gwenn was behind Ashley and easily able to keep the pace Fletcher was setting. She carried her bow in her hand as a precaution and out of habit more than out of actual fear of necessity.

Zuzen brought up the rear as promised and kept his senses alert to anything that might be attempting to follow or track them. He had very keen hearing and sensual awareness from a combination of training and much time spent in the forests hunting.

Kian looked at Jay, "can you draw a map, or give me a landmark to lead us to?" he asked, "If not you will have to tell Fintan where to go and we will follow."

Freya smiled at Blas and then looked at Jack, "I do. Here." She opened a bag that she carried over her shoulder and there were little pockets inside. "Just slide them in the pockets and they will be protected from breaking...Do you want to carry them?"

Fintan was hoping she could make a map, but he scooped her up and held her close to his chest. He had an amazing amount of natural body heat at all times which she'd no doubt feel quickly. "Good thing...I think you might be stuck with me for a while." He grinned at her and even gave her a wink.

Sempiternal continued to walk right behind Fletcher, still dragging the huge falchion she had found behind her with her right hand still on the aged leather grip. "I-I...." She tried to say something but was struck tongue tied. She took a deep breath and placed her left hand on Fletcher's left shoulder. "I don't feel safe..." She mumbled in his left ear, looking around the forest and up at the branches above them as if she was paranoid. "Something is watching, or someone..."

Bella sighed as she didn't hear what Sempiternal was saying to Fletcher, "Stop flirting you two." She growled, suddenly stopping, her long sword glowing in her right hand. Her eyes were giving off smoke as if they would burst into flames soon.

Ashley hissed, "Shut up! There's probably a reason the Cancer wants to talk to Fletcher, she might be sensing someth-" She was cut off by Bella's retort, "Wrong, everything is scared of me, as long as I'm here nothing will attack." Ashley felt her anger flare up inside which is something that barely happens, she now felt like slapping Bella. "Stop being so sure! I'm sure we can do just fine without you!" She yelled, stomping her right foot loudly.

Jay smiled as Fintan picked her up and she curled into a ball next to his chest, her hand in her right jeans pocket, feeling two things; her opal and a piece of paper. She took out the piece of paper and unrolled it, her intense purple eyes scanning the aged paper. "Here." She said, extending out her right hand to give Kian the paper. It was a map of the surrounding area with a star marked on the very northeastern corner of the map. "The star is the home of the Stargazer, I remember finding it in the temple and I instantly knew what it was for. Maybe you can use the directions Fletcher gave you and you can mark the position of the cave down on the map as well." She said before going silent and curling into a tighter ball, her body absorbing the heat that Fintan was giving off. In like two seconds, she was asleep, her chest rising up and down really slowly. If you happen to see her face, you would smile upon how peaceful she now looked in her sleep, her lips curled upwards into a cute smile and her hands under her head.

Blasphemy silently stood there next to Freya and Jack, his golden eyes fixed on Kian. "I have no weapon." He mumbled aloud. "And I'm no good with melee weapons..." He said softly, his hands clenched into fists. How was he supposed to help if all he had was the power of seeing things? He wanted to be better than that and wanted to be reliable during a fight.

Jack smiled at Freya and shook his head while sliding different types of potions into different pockets in Freya's bag. "No, I wish to keep them with you, knowing you'd probably take better care of them than I." He said, still with a smile on his face. He then turned to Blasphemy and placed his right hand on Blasphemy's right shoulder, feeling if he had any muscles. "Do you know I am a weapon-smith? I can match people with their weapons and even make them but I don't have the resources to right now. I would say..." He trailed off, thinking in his mind. "...You would be best paired with a dagger but you said you weren't good at melee weapons correct?" he asked, nodding when Blasphemy nodded. "Then a flintlock, it's small and easy to use, the hardest part is just reloading it and you can stay away from enemies at a safe distance." He said smartly, winking at Freya before letting go of Blasphemy's shoulder. "If I find the resources and have a good fire, you will soon have an expensive eleven flintlock." He said, gathering the resources he needed in his mind. "Now let's start going so we get there sooner." He said, his deep brown eyes on Kian.

Fletcher felt the hand on his shoulder and heard the soft voice. He wasn't known for being a patient of soft spoken man but he turned and bent a bit, "I know they are there. They are indeed watching and when the time is right we will dispatch them, but this is not that time. They have an advantage here, so unless they attack, we move on." He looked own at her, "stay in line and you should be fine..."

Gwenn looked at Bella and lifted a brow, "Confidence is a good thing, arrogance is the last step before the fall. Stay watchful..." She agreed with Fletcher though, they had the privilege of cover here so she was of a mind to keep moving as well.

Zuzen quirked a grin at Ashley's little foot stomp, thinking it cute but he too had sensed that they were being watched. Fletcher's voice was deep and heavy and carried back to where he was not far behind and he looked up and then nodded, "move on."

Fintan smiled when she handed the map to Kian and then abruptly fell asleep. She looked adorably cute curled next to his chest and that little smile made his heart swell. He was glad she felt safe with him, and that she would be able tor est and recover as they traveled.

Kian took the map and nodded as he marked the location of the cave as well. He wasn't real thrilled with how far away this was, but they had agreed to do this, so he would lead them there and hope it was worth it. "Ok...follow me everyone."

Freya smiled at Jack, "That was very kind of you." She said and gave Blas a gentle hand to his back, "That will be wonderful for you. And I have no weapon either...so do not feel bad." If anyone was a burden to the group it was her. Yes she was useful in healing, but in battle she had to be protected and that was a problem. When jack winked at her she blushed a bit but did not reply. She just moved with everyone else to follow Kian.

Sempiternal nodded and instantly stepped back away from Fletcher, still holding the large heavy falchion in her right hand. "I dare say we st-" She was stopped by a whiz, instantly knowing what the sound was, she pulled Fletcher behind her and raised her left hand, a blue shield that seemed to be made out of energy appearing before her hand. She heard two thunks and she knew she had been too late to protect her teammates. She screamed in anger and brought her left hand upwards, making the shield make a protective dome around them, as long as she had her left hand up, they'd be protected. "Where'd that come from!" She growled, anger almost like coming off of her.

Bella frowned as she also heard the thunk, she looked back over at Ashley and her red eyes went wide upon seeing two arrows were buried in her body. She attempted to catch the other girl by the arm but failed.

Ashley fell to the ground with a thud, already unconscious. There was two wicked looking arrows that had hit her, one in her upper right thigh and one that had hit her right in the middle of her stomach, barely missing her heart. She laid on her side, blood running out of the wounds really quickly. Her herbal and potion bag had landed besides her as well when she fell.

Jay began to snore slightly in her sleep, her purple hair kinda shining in the sunlight as her hair was spilt all over Fintan's arms and hands.

Blasphemy looked overjoyed, his face holding a huge smile. He looked over at Freya, "Maybe he could make you something as well!" He exclaimed, while beginning to follow Kian, Jack still besides him.

Jack sighed. "Well child, weapons aren't for everyone but it is nice to have one laying around just in case..." He said thoughtfully as he pulled a silver bladed knife out with a emerald on the hilt and extended it out to Freya by the blade, just in case if she did take it, she didn't instantly cut herself as they walked on after Kian.

Fletcher had three arrows in his bow the second he heard the first thunk. They were flying before the shield had a chance to get raised and he had already reloaded by the time it was. He turned and saw Ashley though and sheathed the arrows, "Keep the shield up...We must tend her before we attempt to move." He crossed to her and knelt next to her. She was not going to be able to talk them through anything, but he had a little experience in bandaging and stitching wounds. He felt sure at least he could keep her alive.

Gwen got off a show too, but then like Fletcher was by Ashley's side immediately after. She grabbed the bag though and began looking for anything she recognized. She wasn't a healer but she did know a little about plants and what could be useful in situations like this. "I do not know what all of these potions do, but I know this plant will help keep infection away. Good thing I still have the walking cot..." She said and began to take it off her back and unroll and assemble it.

Fletcher lifted a brow, "Ingenious...and yes...a good thing."

Zuzen went to Semp and spoke softly, "If your arm grows tired...I will help you hold it up. Their work may take a bit of time." He looked up into the trees and frowned, "They seem to be targeting the healers...just as Freya said. We will have to be more watchful of them both. There has to be a reason for that."

Kian followed the map only mildly aware of the conversation behind him. the hair on his neck was standing on end and he did not like it. He trusted his instincts and he knew there was an unseen enemy watching them. When he turned to say as much to the others he saw a flash from the trees above them and was just in time to divert an arrow that would have struck Freya in the neck. "Run!" he said as he pointed into the trees. there was a thick overgrowth just ahead of them, "Take cover!"

Fintan didn't need to be told twice, he ran with jay in his arms and ducked under a few branches and then went deeper making sure they were covered well.

Freya barely had time to blink in reaction to Kian's quick reflexes before she felt his ahnd on her back pushing her toward the bushes. She ran and slide under the low branches and then crawled as far under as she could before looking back to Blas and the others.

Kian was now a huge lion and his sword was held at his side menacingly as he leaped up into the trees where he'd seen the arrow appear. There was a loud cry of shock and a thud followed by a lot of rustling of leaves and tree branches. Kian did not return for many minutes but when he did he was breathing heavily and there were several arrows in his body. He padded down from the trees and crawled into the thick undergrowth and turned back into a human as the last of his strength was now gone. The arrows fell to the ground as his body shifted but the wounds were still open and bleeding. "Got two of them...rest...gone..." he said as she looked at everyone. "Everyone ok?"

Sempiternal nodded at Zuzen, a snarl on her face. "I'd kill those bastards for harming her..." She growled, keeping her left hand straight in the air. She stabbed into the ground with her falchion with her right hand, kinda helping her stand up. "I might be able to keep the shield up for a few minutes max before you'd have to help me." She said softly, her bright blue gaze on Zuzen.

Bella was standing up, looking obviously shocked with her left hand over her mouth. She was crying, tears rolling down her cheeks. "I-I... I could've c-caught her..." She cried, falling to her knees besides Fletcher. She had her left hand now on her heart, a bright red light coming from the spot. She was staring at Ashley's body and after second, Bella spoke up. "H-How do w-we take the a-arrows out?" She asked, still crying a bit.

Blasphemy was shaking and crying in fear and was now on the ground outside the overgrowth, he was pushed over by Jack but it was for a good reason...

Jack looked back at Kian, when Kian had told him to run he instantly thought to protect the little one. He had pushed Blasphemy to the ground, not wanting him to get hit by an arrow. "We're go-" He was cut short by a growl in front of him, he turned his head and stared directly at a black, slender, almost stick like creature. He yelled in surprise, instantly swinging his pike off of his shoulder and leaning back with his knees, almost in a defensive roman position with his pike. "Grab the child!" He yelled, his brown eyes glaring at the yellow eyes of the creature.

The creature was covered in fur pelts, wearing them like a cape. It had long slender claws with a wolf head, sharp, bloody teeth sitting in the wolves mouth. It was staring at Jack, mist crawling on the ground around it towards him. It suddenly ran forwards with extreme speed, grabbing Jack's pike and forced the tip into the ground, making the blunt end of the pike hit the spot where one of Jack's lungs should've been, making him fall backwards onto the ground, wheezing. The creature then jumped on Jack, it's claws tearing at his thighs and waist. It also began to bite at Jack's neck, making him scream loudly in pain.

Blasphemy lifted his head up slightly from the ground to see Jack getting mauled by the creature, making him scream in terror and begin to cry. He began to crawl quickly towards the over growth, staring at Freya with tears rolling down his cheeks and chin.

Jay was still asleep, not bothered by what was happening.

Fletcher Looked at Bella and was not sure whether she was sincere or not, but she looked upset. He put a hand on her shoulder, "I know how to do it..." he assured her gently. he grabbed a hammer from his pack and a small but wicked looking knife from the sheath at his side. He efficiently cut the feathers off the arrow shafts and then looked at the angles of the arrows. "The safest way it to push them all the way through and not pull them out. they make clear slices and those heal quickly but if you pull them out you tear and damage the flesh inside even more." He looked at Gwenn. "You hold her thigh still and I'll hammer the arrow through."

Gwenn nodded and straddled Ashley's leg and held is in both hands, "Ok...go.."

Fletcher struck the end of the arrow with precise accuracy and a good deal of force. The head of the arrow shot through the skin and he grabbed it and pulled it through until ti was out. "This one is more worrisome, but it must be done." he rolled Ashley to her side and waited for Gwenn to get a good hold on her. "ready?" When she nodded he struck the arrow shaft and the head of the arrow came out her back below her ribcage. He grabbed it and pulled it through. "Now we need that herb you spoke of and any silk she has in that bag. I will close the wounds and then we must move away from ehre. We are sitting ducks."

Gwenn handed him what she found and a needle. "I will work on her thigh while you do the other," she said as she threaded another needle.

Zuzen nodded and when he saw her arm starting to shake a bit he stepped up and supported her arm with his shoulder and hand. "Hopefully they finish soon. We need better cover than this."

Fintan laid Jay down in the safe area when he saw Blas in danger. he grabbed the boy and pulled him to safety and then crawled out and shouted loudly at the creature while he sword swung at it's neck and head.

((Going to finish this first and have Kian come back after this when everyone is in the safe area...his post was a little out of order up there))

Sempiternal was silent as Zuzen helped hold up her arm, her right hand still tightly wrapped around the hilt of her falchion, in which the blade was still in the ground. "I... I just hope we don't get hurt more..." Sempiternal mumbled, the cancer sign on her left forearm glowing a bright blue.

Bella watched with uneasiness, her stomach tied in knots. She gagged as if she was going to throw up as she watched Fletcher hammer the arrows though Ashley and pulled them out, but she didn't have anything in her stomach to throw up. She pushed herself into a standing position with her long sword, tears still rolling down her face. "I... Need some air." She mumbled, stumbling away from the three towards Sempiternal and Zuzen.

Blasphemy was still freaking out and crying as he was dragged to the overgrowth. He was curled up into a tight ball, trying to breathe but failing...

The creature hissed as Fintan's sword grazed it's neck, making it jump off of the now extremely bloodied Jack. It had grabbed Jack's foot though and was beginning to drag him away towards a small cluster of bushes. The mist that was around it seemed to now be around Fintan, beginning to wrap up his legs.

Gwenn worked quickly and efficiently, not thinking about the blood, but concentrating on the task at hand. She'd applied the herbs to both wounds and they were helping to staunch the bleeding, but the wounds needed closing. She worked on the thigh and did her best to keep the muscles lined up properly and to make a clean line that would not cause much scarring later on the outer skin layer. She finished and looked at Fletcher, "Do you need help?"

Fletcher waited for Gwenn to apply the herbs and then he went to work. The arrow had narrowly missed many vital organs luckily, but there was a bit of bleeding internally. He had some training, but he was operating on sheer instinct at the moment. He felt around and found the bleeding vessel and tied it off. He stitched carefully from the inside out and then moved around to her back and did likewise. When Gwenn asked if he needed help he shook his head as he was nearly done as well. He was fast and efficient in his work and one could wonder what he did not know. He was a humble sort of person, but a driven and intense one. "I will carry her...She is not heavy and I should still be able to run. Show me how your invention works."

Gwenn showed him how to put his arms in the cot and then she called over to the others. "Bella, hold up Semp's arm so Zuzen can come over and help me."

Zuzen looked at Bella but he could see they had no choice, "Just put your shoulder here..." he said and waited for her to do so and then went to Gwenn. He helped her lift Ashley onto the cot and cover her with the sides of it and tie her in. If Fletcher intended to run she needed to be securely and safely held onto the cot. "That looks good..."

Fletcher looked at the everyone. "We need to move fast. Once the barrier falls we will be without protection again...Follow me and stay close and for the love of God...RUN ...run as fast as you can...understand me?"

Gwenn nodded and looked around at everyone. "We will be fine if we stay together...Semp? Can you keep the barrier around Ashley as we run?" she asked hopefully. She had a feeling the only one of them who was in any real danger was Ashley. They seemed to really want the healer dead.

Freya pulled Blas close and whispered a soft chant into his ear. It was a simple spell that had the boy calm and fast asleep in a few seconds. She crawled out of the safety of the bushes and her hand lifted to touch Fintan's leg and a bright white light surrounded him and Jack. The light was so intense that the wolflike creature whimpered in reaction and let go of Jack's foot. She was using a lot of energy to cast this light, but it was allowing her to envelop both of them, and heal Jack. She was mentally gasping at his wounds but she worked as quickly as she could. By the time she was done healing him and the light was fading she was barely conscious. "Take cover...I can't hold the light much longer..." She whispered fighting to stay alert.

Fintan was about to strike the creature again when he felt like his legs were glued to the ground. then he felt a hand on his ankle and looked down to see Freya. he wanted to yell at her to get back under cover, but then he saw the light. His legs freed and he noticed that she was healing Jack. When he heard her voice he grabbed Jack and helped him up. "Help me get her to the thicket..." he said grabbing one of Freya's arms and motioning for Jack to get the other. "Go..." They got her back into the safety of the thick undergrowth where Jay and Blas were sleeping. "Where the hell is Kian?" he asked and just as he spoke Kian crawled back there as well and then slumped. "Oh not good...Freya is out..." he looked at Jack, "You know anything about healing?"

Bella grunted and nodded and Zuzen, placing her shoulder where he had pointed, supporting Sempiternal's left arm. Bella looked very focused as she looked at the trees outside the shield. "I see them... There might be a possibility that we don't need to run that fast..." She called out, her left hand on the hilt of her long sword. If she could react fast enough, she could kill the people settled in the trees with a well aimed fire ball. Maybe this would get the others to trust her more...

Sempiternal seemed to be struggling even with her left elbow on Bella's shoulder. "I can't hold the shield while walking!" She called after Bella called that she had spotted their attackers. "Bella has seen them though." She called as well, her left arm shaking.

Blasphemy was indeed put to sleep by Freya's chant, it had calmed him down as soon as she whispered into his ear. He was curled into a small ball by Jay, his knees right up to his chest and his hands tucked under her thighs.

Jay snorted and woke up, sitting up and looking over at everyone. "What's going on?" She urgently asked, getting onto her knees and crawling past everyone and out of the thick undergrowth. She stood up once outside and blinked once at the creature in front of her. She sighed, instantly grabbing her metal stick off of her makeshift cloth sheath. She held it in her right hand as she stared down the yellow eyed creature with her own intense purple eyes without even making a lot of noise. Her wings were tightly tucked against her back, basically hiding since she didn't need them right now. She flicked the metal stick to the side, making the stick suddenly extend out into a long, thin, metal pole. She pressed a button on the pole, making a sharp, black blade suddenly pop out of the top, it was her scythe of course and she was ready to kill with it.

Jack nodded, his hands instantly raising up Freya slightly and taking off her bag. He went through it to find the potions he had gotten from Ashley earlier and found another green potion that Ashley had used on Freya back at the temple. He read the label out loud, "Lizaska." He stated as he began to uncork the bottle. "Please someone open her mouth." He asked, pulling away at the cork.

Gwenn and Fletcher had Ashley securely fastened to the cot and he stood with his arms in it. Semp could not hold the shield while they ran, that was unfortunate indeed. When Bella spoke though his voice and thick and deep, "If you have an idea of how to dispatch them, do it and do it quickly."

Gwenn stood and took an arrow from her quiver and readied herself to fire quickly one they were moving. She looked to Fletcher and nodded. She didn't talk a lot as a rule, she spent a lot of time alone, so her voice wasn't used often.

Zuzen had helped get Ashley on the cot and then quickly returned to Semp and held her hand up and relieved Bella of that burden. "Whatever you are going to do...do it...The shield is going to fall.." He figured it had to fall for her to do anything anyway, but he could see the struggle on Semp's face, "Let it go..."

Fintan and jack had managed to get Freya back inside as Jay crawled past them. Fintan was cursing under his breath, but he held Freya's mouth open while Jack poured the potion down her throat. As before she was revived in seconds.

Freya blinked, "Oh...thank you...Is everyone back?"

Kian is hurt, and jay just went back out. I'll be back Fintan said hastily as he crawled back out of the thicket to stand by Jay, "What are you doing baby?" he asked, "You need more rest."

Kian groaned but did not move.

Freya looked at Jack, "Will you be ok helping me?" she asked, "that arrow needs to be removed and I doubt I am strong enough to do it." She moved over to Kian and frowned. "This one is going to be hurt often I can tell..he's too brave for his own good." She looked at Jack, "Just grip it and pull it out as straight as you can. I will heal the wound...."

Sempiternal shook her head at Zuzen, tears beginning to crawl out of her eyes. "N-not y-yet..." She stammered, her arm violently shaking in Zuzen's hand. "Bella is planning, I... need to spare you guys some time." She softly said, the edges of her mouth curled downwards into a big frown. Soon, her cheeks held small tears that were rolling down her face. She was struggling real bad right now, one of her veins in the back of her neck popping with how much concentration she had, blood running down her neck on into her shirt, the red spreading over the back of her white shirt like she had been shot.

Bella looked back over at Gwenn and Fletcher and did something surprising. She had suddenly stood up a bit straighter as if she was general of an army, her red eyes flickering with flame inside them. "Actually, Gwenn. Shoot at the base of the tree. Fletcher, shoot into the top leaves where the branches come together to make a small platform," She said, her voice regal, deep, courageous and very commanding. She then twirled her long sword around in her hand, marching over to Zuzen and Sempiternal. She easily grabbed Semp's hand and forced it downwards, making the shield fall. Bella then gave out a yell (almost like a battle cry) and sprinted towards the tree, jumping up into the leaves. There was lots of screaming, laughing and cracking after Bella jumped into the tree.

Sempiternal suddenly collapsed against Zuzen, the blue liquid again dripping out of her nose. Her cancer mark on her left forearm was glowing very dimly as her eyes rolled up into her head, leaving Zuzen to take care of her. She had used almost everything she had keeping the shield up for that long. The blood on the back of her shirt was very warm and sticky, giving off a very foul and disgusting smell for some reason.

Jay silently lifted up her scythe a bit, letting it rest in front of Fintan like she wanted him to be silent. She snarled at the creature after a bit of silence, long tendrils of shade crawling up her body and onto her face. After a bit longer, Jay was wearing a jet black helmet that had a resemblance to a crow skull. She swung her scythe in a complete circle, now holding it by the top part of the pole with the blade towards the creature. Her arms had some slight muscles to them but if you'd look down at her legs you'd see that she had some built legs underneath the dirty and torn jeans she wore. With her mask on and her scythe pointed towards the monster in front of her, you could probably guess she was either a goddess or she was a knight/assassin of some sort. Her black wings unfurled, her wings fully spread out behind her, making a black feather drop in front of Fintan. Both the girl and the creature were getting ready for a hard but quick battle, however Jay seemed more intimidating than hell.

Jack nodded at Freya, unaware of what was happening outside of the overgrowth. He crawled over to Kian and gently pushed him onto his side if he wasn't already. "Actually, give me a black potion. It has a skull for the cork. Ashley said I might need it at least a few times if I'm smart enough." He said, running his hands over the sides of the wound where Kian had been struck, getting his hands bloody. He seemed strangely calm as he took away his hands and sat up, looking over a Freya. His dark brown eyes had intelligence to them but they were warm and soft at the same time. His eyes could be changing all the time...

Blasphemy was still laying next to the three in the overgrowth on his side. He was lightly snoring but you could barely hear it as he breathed in and out deeply in his sleep. It would probably take a long while for him to wake up. He had his arms in front of him with his legs on top of each other also with some drool leaking out of his mouth as his Aquarius mark glowed brightly on his neck.

Zuzen caught Semp as soon as she slumped and held onto her, hoping the others would not need his assistance in this whatever it was Bella was planning. He wasn't sure he trusted her but she sounded like she knew what she was doing. He could feel the blood but he wasn't really paying attention to it. he was watching and preparing himself to take off at a dead run if this failed to protect Semp.

Gwenn shot at the base of the tree the moment the shield fell, and Fletcher fired an array of arrows into the treetop. He wasn't at all sure what Bella had in mind, but any plan was better than nothing. He didn't trust her, but a plan was a plan, and hopefully she'd be successful. The girl seemed to enjoy destruction, so this was right up her alley. He and Gwenn both watched with their bows reloaded to protect Zuzen and Semp, both of who were vulnerable at the moment.

Kian groaned when Jack rolled him to his side. There was a hiss of breath when Jack started to work at the wounds, but other than that he made no indication that he was in pain.

Freya handed Jack the black potion. She watched him and waited. "What does this one do?" she asked figuring she needed to learn about this stuff in case Jack was ever unconscious, or in case she needed healing. She crawled closer and placed a hand on Kian's cheek, a soft song on her lips. It would feel like a dream weaving around your waking soul embracing and comforting and seemingly taking you to another place apart from your physical body and it's pain. She smiled at Jack, "Let me know when you are done...I will finish healing him. We need him fully functional."

Fintan stood and watched jay change right before his eyes. His sword was still held and at the ready but he waited and watched. He knew as soon as this was over, she'd be weak again and need him.

Sempiternal was still slumped against Zuzen, her mind totally somewhere else almost like she was in a deep sleep. Her hands were shaking as she had her eyes tightly closed. She was unconscious in some way, more blue liquid leaking out of her nose.

Bella laughed in glee as she watched the arrows from Fletcher's bow successfully land on several targets. She hadn't thought there would be this many in the tree, about five branches were filled with the cloaked figures, their bows pointed dead at her. She had landed on the edge of a branch, instantly cutting at one of the figure's neck making them fall to the ground with a thump. Then the whole tree shook after a moment of Gwenn's arrows being stuck in the base of it, making several leaves fall to the ground. With all eyes on her, Bella stood up with her long sword in her right hand and a black ball of fire in her left hand, it was hell fire, a kind of fire that couldn't be put out even if Bella wanted it to put it out herself. "Ya know guys, I believe burning is the worst way to die but I dunno... I'm immune to fire..." She said with a smirk on her face. She threw the black ball of fire at one of the other branches as the figures launched a volley of arrows at her, making her jump off the branch and land on the ground with blood and a huge smile on her face. The blood wasn't hers at least, "Come on!" She called, her voice still sounding commanding as she began to turn and run as fast as she could which to be honest wasn't that fast. "Gwenn! Shoot the tree one more time!" She yelled over her shoulder.

Jay was extremely silent as she began to slowly approached the creature, dragging the blade of her scythe across the ground with her. The creature growled at her as it stayed in place, it claws digging into the ground. Jay suddenly swung the scythe upwards, barely missing the creature because it had jumped back. The creature screeched as it jumped at her, it's claws and wolf-like mouth open, showing it's rust looking teeth. Jay was again silent as she just extended out her left hand, letting the creature's neck fall in her grip. She smiled underneath her mask as she caught the beast's neck with her left hand, it's two feet off the ground. She was choking it, making more saliva drip out of it's mouth. She let her right hand slide up the pole of her scythe so her hand was underneath the blade. She put the blade to the creature's neck, "I find that death is something I enjoy but I'd rather see you turned into a shadow." She growled very softly to the creature, the beak of her mask in front of it's nose. She suddenly took the blade away from it's neck and dropped the creature, watching it fall to the ground. She smiled even more from under the mask as long tendrils of shadow began to cover over the creature, beginning to drag it away. "Bye bye." Jay happily called, the mask dissolving off her face. She turned around and stared at Fintan, her purple eyes a bit darker than usual. "I feel so good now." She said, her face showing no emotion.

Jack nodded at Freya, "Actually your healing won't be needed I don't think. Just watch." He said, beginning to uncork the bottle in his hands, placing the skull cork to the side. He then began to drip tiny drops onto the ends of the arrow and was silent as the edges that he put the liquid on began to smoke, the liquid crawling up and down the arrow as if it was dissolving it which it was. "Actually I was wrong, please heal him." Jack said as he watched the arrow just dissolve into a harmless liquid. "This is Yalsza, Basically a rotting potion." He said, going back through the bag to look at the other potions just in case they broke or got damaged or whatnot.