Zodiac

T

The Fox Queen

Original poster
There is eleven of you. "You must find the Scorpio. There is an evil rising. Protect the kingdom and villages around it. PS I'm always scorpio

Gwenn held herself quiet and still her bow stretched taut as she held her breath and let the arrow fly into the clearing where a majestic stag stood. The arrow found purchase just behind the front leg and she quickly fired another as it staggered so she would be sure to fell it. She'd been traveling the forest many days and hunger clawed at her. She waited for it to fall to the ground, now with three arrows sunk deeply into it's flesh. She moved from the cover of the bushy undergrowth and slid the knife from her sheath dangling at her side as she approached. The beast was no dead yet, but she was merciful, making a swift end of things and then skillfully butchering the beast.

She made a hasty drying rack to allow the meat a way to cure for storage. Each piece she liberally applied the salt she carried with her and then turned to making a fire to cook herself something to stave off the demands of her stomach for a time. She cooked herself a meal and then pulled her drying rack up into the trees above, but left a good amount of meat on the carcass for the carnivorous animals of the forest to take. She felt the need for balance in all things. it seemed to be part of her that could not be shaken or ignored. She settled in to rest high up in the trees, her long red hair braided thick hanging down her back.

She felt the need to sleep but also the restlessness of her mind and heart called for her to continue on. Tonight the body was going to win, she had gone days without food, in the search for the others. Her eyes closed and she drifted into fitful sleep.

Scorpio ran as fast as she could. The wolves were after her. If only she had her scythe... Scorpio tripped over a root of a tree and instantly the wolves ponced on her. "Help!" She screamed.

Gwenn had almost fallen asleep when she hear a cry for help. She crouched in the trees and looked below and saw a woman struggling with a root and wolves closing in on her. Her bow was quickly in her hand and arrows were flying. A few of the wolves were hit, a few others got the scent of the deer she had left in the clearing and saw an easier meal.

She gracefully dropped from the tree canopy near the woman, "Stop struggling...you will injure yourself." She said as she drew her knife out to cut the root and allow her foot to be free. "They are busy for the moment but it is not safe here," she warned, "Do you think you can climb up into the tree?"

Scorpio looked at the huge bite in her left leg and shook her head. "I don't think I can't..."

Gwenn frowned seeing the bite and looked around for a way to get the girl off the ground. nothing immediately came to her. All of her supplies were up in the tree except what was on her at this moment, the knife, and her bow and quiver. she looked around and was listening for the wolves to finish the deer carcass, which she knew well they would clean to the bones.

"How strong are your arms?" she asked as she stood and grabbed a vine that was dangling from the tree branch above them. Giving it a good strong yank to be sure it would not break or give way as soon as tension was applied she looked down at the girl, "Do you think you can hold onto this while I pull you up?" she asked, "I can tend that leg once we are safely off the ground."

" I can hold onto the vine..." Feather grabbed the vine. Feather who was around 5'1 was actually very skinny and she had purple eyes with a crow's feather hanging from her ear.

Gwenn nodded and handed her the vine and waited for her to get a firm grip, "Don't let go no matter what," she said and then climbed up into the tree to get the vine from above and began pulling.

Gwenn was a relatively large woman, standing almost six feet. She wore dark green breeches of thick fabric and a white shirt that was covered by a matching dark green vest. Her ears were only slightly pointed, giving away her half-breed heritage. She had the smaller girl up in the tree without much struggle and settled her on two close branches. "Lucky for you I was here...I haven't seen anyone else for days."
She rummaged around in her pack and pulled out a vial of greenish blue liquid "This might sting but it will keep infection from setting into the wound." She assured her. "Clean first though," she said opening a canteen of water and pouring that onto the wound first. Then she poured on the vial of liquid. She wrapped the leg in a bandage of gauze and then started weaving the branches together to form a sturdy resting place and secured them with rope from her pack. "That should hold," she said as she finished, "I am Gwenn Everstrong. May I ask why you are wandering the forests without a weapon? Do you have a deathwish?"

Scorpio looked Gwenn in the eyes. Her eyes flashed a brighter purple. "I was running from creatures of the night... They wanted to eat me... I had a scythe but I lost it in the woods. And no. I don't have a death wish...'

Gwenn huffed a bit, "Of course they did," she said in agreement. "Most things out here are hungry. What sort of creatures? And a scythe isn't a very forest friendly weapon. Too easily caught up in the dense growth...and you have to be a bit too close to the target to use it. I much prefer the bow...I can be a safe distance away..." She handed her what she had left of the meal she had prepared for herself not long ago, "When last did you eat?"

Feather took the food from Gwenn. "The creatures had bat wings and horns. They can change shape... And I haven't ate in two weeks..." Feather slowly ate the food

Feather finished her food and looked at Gwenn "why are you here?"

Gwenn lifted her head and looked at her, "I am traveling to the gathering."

"The Gathering?" Feather seemed to be acting a little bit weird...

Gwenn nodded, "I am hoping it will occur this year...my research says as much. this is the year of the Pink Moon..." She was being vague for her own reasons. She had no idea if the gathering would indeed happen. But she was hoping it did.

Feather nodded and her eyes started to close. "Soooo... Tired..."

Feather fell asleep and was softly snoring...

Feather was still asleep but was twitching slightly...

Gwenn was shocked at how easily this girl fell asleep when a stranger was near. She wasn't that trusting of people. She used to be, but no more. Life had taught her some painful lessons, and one was that you could never actually trust anyone but yourself.