Zodiac

Kian carried her across the hall to the other room and sat her down on the bed. "How can I assist you then? He peeked at the back of her head, "You have a knot growing back there. Want some ice for it?"

Fintan nodded, "Yes little man..all of us start out that way. You'll grow."

Gwenn nodded, "I have seen a few. They are oddly familiar somehow but i cannot explain exactly why. And yes...they do TRY to kill."

Fintan shrugged, "It seems if we are supposed to defend the world, that it only stands to reason that there would be obstacles along the way to prevent it. I figure it comes with the territory am I right?"

Jay nods. "Yea I agree Fintan. Now we have to keep our eyes peeled for anything suspicious."

Ashley nodded. "Please." She said, getting under the covers.

Blasphemy sighed. "Good to know I am not the only one. And have you heard about the people they kidnapped too? They kidnapped a small girl like me... She had a symbol as well."

The blood trail was still there and was actually glowing a bright red. Bella's sword began to float into the air, giving off an evil aura.

The girl hissed as she was thrown into the dark cell. Her left arm were covered in bandages and she had no clue why. 'Ten days without food or water.' She thought, trying to keep herself in mental shape. Underneath the bandages, her cancer symbol glowed brightly on her lower arm. "Someone help me." She mumbled in her squeaky voice, trying to gain anyone's attention. At least her mark wasn't burning here... 'So am I at the spot the book wanted me? What do these cloaked bastards want with me?' She thought, pacing her cell. She stopped at one moment due to the sudden stabbing pain in her left arm. "What the?" She said, unraveling the bandages and showing long, black claw marks. Her whole body now shook as the pain became unbearable and she soon passed out in the black corner of the cell with her arm limp besides her.

Bella screamed and squealed as she was dragged along by the cloaked figures. As soon as they dragged her out of the house, they had injected her with a syringe. The liquid inside the syringe had soon stopped movement of all her body, preventing her from fighting against her captors. They dragged her inside of the church like temple and quickly went up to the back of the temple and pulled a lever, revealing a secret passage way underground. They dragged her through the passageway, giving her a good look at the people whom where pent up inside the cages. Eventually, the figures stopped and hoisted Bella up and threw her onto a table before strapping her down. All the figures just laughed and walked away but she knew they'd be back to torture her. "HELP" She screamed, fighting against her bonds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kian watched her lay down and shook his head, "Oh no..no no...I am no healer but I know you do not sleep or lie down when you have a concussion. What sort of medicine do you need, talk to me. I am not a healer, so speak slowly and remember that."

Fintan nodded, "His eyes caught sight of the sword, "hey..." he frowned and stepped toward the living room, "Where's the snotty one at? Wasn't she right there?" he stepped further into the room and frowned deeply. "Hey...she's gone and it doesn't look like she went willingly..."

Gwenn followed Fintan, "Yes, she was sleeping there. She reached out for the sword and felt a definitel pull toward the door. "Seems her sword misses her. We can use it to find her." She kept the sword in her hand and went back to find Ashley and Kian, "Hey...I think that eragon was a distraction. Someone took off with that girl with the bad attitude." She frowned and looked at Ashley, "You ok? We need to move out and find her. The little guy, Blas says there cloaked figured took a young girl too and maybe others of us. We need to find everyone."

Kian let out a slow breath, "I've dealt with the cloaked shadow hugging cowards myself." His voice was deep and icy and his lips pressed together after he finished speaking as his jaw clenched. "I have no warm feelings for the Aries but we will need her I am sure." he looked at Ashley, "Can you travel?"

Gwenn grinned, "I have a ready cot available. Not the patient I had in mind but at least it wasn't a wasted effort."

Zuzen groaned as he rolled over in his cell. His head felt heavy and his mind foggy. What was going on? Where was he and how did he get here? He couldn't remember anything but paying for his last night in a warm bed before finishing the journey to the temple..." he glanced at his forearm and noticed the Libra symbol was no longer glowing. That could only mean he was at the temple. He heard a scuffle and as he stood to his full height of six feet six inches he saw it was a girl being manhandled by a bunch of men, and then restrained. Her symbol was still glowing. The Aries. His eyes cast around and he saw two other women in cells as well. Hearing the soft cry for help he turned back to the woman, "Forgive me Aries, I would help, but I find I am much your same predicament. I am the Libra, Zuzen...most people call me Zen though. What's your name?"

Bella lifted her head up slightly and stared at Zuzen with teary eyes. "I-I'm Bella." She said softly before going silent again. She didn't want to attract a lot of attention.

Ashley sighed. "No I believe I can not travel. And before we leave there is one potion that can help me." She said, sitting up and pointing towards a flask on her bookshelf. It held a pastel pink colored liquid. "If you can give me that that'd be nice."

Jay sighed. "I'm ready to go on another adventure. Are you ready Blasphemy?" She asked while they both followed Gwenn around. "

Blasphemy crossed his hands nervously. "Hey Gwenn? May I hold the sword? I have glances of the past so may I'd see what happened to our friend." He said while looking at the injured Ashley.

Zuzen looked at her and frowned. Her mark was already starting to fade a bit, so they had to be in the temple but this didn't look anything like the pictures he'd seen in the book. "Do not despair. The others will find us. The time is quickly approaching."

Kian watched her and went to a desk and grabbed the one she appeared to be pointing at, "This one?" At her nod he brought it to her. "It would appear your cot will indeed be useful."

Gwenn looked at Blas and smiled handing him the sword, "Take care though it wants to go to her. it is pulling toward the door."

Fintan grinned at Jay, "That rock is the best healer I've ever seen." Chuckling he placed a hand to her back as they followed. "We can take turns carrying her...she looks pretty light."

Jay nodded in agreement. "Yes it's super good. Which is why without it I will die. And I can carry her a bit." She said with a smile on her face. She was mostly smiling due to Fintan's hand on her back.

Bella let out a whimper as she struggled against her leather restraints. "Are you sure? I don't want to be stuck here..." She whined, still struggling. She was on the verge of crying.

Ashley shakily took the flask and uncorked it. With her shaking hands, she drank the potion quickly and groaned after it was empty. She clutched at her stomach before burping slightly. She then smiled as the swelling seemed to be going back down.

Blasphemy took the sword and gasped as his vision was filled with pictures. He closed his eyes for a second and reopened them, showing purple eyes but they used to be hazel. "I know where they took her. I know everything that happened." He muttered. He began to walk towards the door with the sword in his hand like it was his own. The sword was giving off a red mist that seemed to be wrapping itself around his left arm. It didn't seem to be bothering or hurting him. He just waited near the door, his back against the door frame.

Kian watched the bump go down almost instantly, "Good potion." He looked at jay and shook his head, "You were just recently sick yourself. I'll take the first wave of carrying her." He said and looked at Gwenn, "You said something about a carrying device?"

Gwenn nodded, "Be right back." She went to the back porch and grabbed the sling cot she'd made and returned to the room. She showed him the arm holes. "You put your arms in here and the cot hangs behind you. That way your arms are free and you can walk as normal."

Kian was impressed, "You just made this?"

Gwenn shrugged, "It was nothing." She looked at Ashley then, "Feeling well enough to be dragged along?"

Fintan nodded when Kian spoke, "I agree. I can take second watch and I'll be behind you to make she she's ok while we travel." He watched the little guy and blinked when he spoke. He tipped his head and looked back at the group, "that was a bit spooky...but I say we follow the kid."

Ashley nodded. "I believe I'll be fine." She said looking at the cot.

Bella hissed as she watched the people in robes come back. They circled around her and began to chant something. After a second, her eyes caught sight of a ritual knife. She screamed and struggled against her restraints like her life depended on it.

Blasphemy stared at the sword, his vision full of everything that was going on with Bella. "I believe our aries is in dire need of assistance. We should hurry up." He said urgently, looking out the door with his back still against the door frame. He seemed older than usual right now...

Jay frowned. "Just because I was sick doesn't mean I can't pull some weight." She growled, crossing her arms. "I just want to be valuable to the team. I don't just want to have to be healed all the time. I want to do something." She mumbled before walking out of the room and standing next to Blasphemy. She had her scythe out as well in her right hand and she looked at Blasphemy whom was staring at the blade of her scythe. "Lot's of death..." He mumbled while staring at the blade still. Jay lifted the scythe up slightly. "Listen. I only killed those people because I was going to die if I didn't. Don't want to be back with my stupid abusive father." She hissed, putting the scythe in her left hand

Sempiternal suddenly woke up, screaming. She stopped after a minute and stood up, "I'm still alive..." She growled, putting her hands on the bars of the cell.

Zuzan watched the men circle the Aries, "What madness is this? Stop!" But they ignored him and he noticed another cell had an occupant. "You are..." he said but turned his gaze back to the Aries wishing he had his sword and his pack.

Fintan followed Jay but he zipped into the kitchen to get his book that was lying there, "No one said you can't pull your weight, just not yet. And you will doing something...helping us watch for cloaked dudes...ok?" he asked resting his hand on her back again.

Kian watched her storm out and shrugged as he slid his arms into the harness as Gwenn had instructed and tied it in the front across his chest. "All aboard..." he said with a grin.

Gwenn frowned at jay and helped Kian with the cot. Then she helped Ashley get in and tied her down across the thighs and chest, "So you won't fall out and the cot will stay stable." she explained, "Ready? IS there something else from here we should take?"

All the men suddenly yelled and the one wielding the dagger suddenly swung the dagger downwards onto Bella's right shoulder and dragged the blade down into her palm. Another cloaked figure stepped forwards with a small golden cup and began to fill the cup up with Bella's bright red blood. She was screaming the whole time but the figures just ignored her until a few minutes after. One of the figure's shoved a piece of cloth into her mouth, not caring if it hurt her.

The girl in the other cell punched one of the iron bars but it didn't seem to do anything. "STOP IT!" She screamed, stomping her feet down loudly like a small child. She was crying now and her cancer emblem was glowing brightly even though the large black cut covered it on her left arm. "They're draining her!" She screamed but it was mostly directed towards Zuzan. "She's going to die soon!" She cried before falling to her knees in her cell and then she cried loudly.

Ashley shook her head and slightly lifted up a large purse that was on the side of her right hip. "Everything I need is right here. So...We don't need anything from here."

Jay crossed her arms. "Alright." She growled. She was still waiting with her scythe in her right hand.

Blasphemy was still waiting at the doorway, staring outside at the moving trees and villagers. A tear went down his left cheek and he just wiped it off like nothing.

Gwenn picked up the bottom of the cot, "I'll hold this up until we are outside, so sense trying to drag it through the house and knock stuff all over the place." The two made their way out and met the others on the porch. "Off we go then...show us the way Blas."

Fintan stepped over and took the cot from Gwenn and helped Kian get down the few stairs and the the ground then he lowered it. "There you go, let me know when you get tired."

Kian nodded, "Will do..." not that he expected to get tired. She weighed about nothing and he was in very good physical condition. He watched the boy and tipped his head. "Are you ok?"

Zuzen growled as he examined the bars and the cage closely. They didn't appear to be killing any of them, just taking their blood for some reason. He had a theory, but he dearly hoped he was wrong. He heard the girl screaming and he could tell it was directed at him, but what she expected him to do, he had no idea. He was in the same predicament as they were. The only difference was, that he had not been drained. He wondered why, or if they hadn't gotten to him yet. Maybe they only drank women's blood. He needed his sword or his pack. He shook the bars and let out another growl of frustration.

The girl kept crying until she had worn herself out. She then just simply laid down on the floor and passed out.

Bella suddenly gave out a yell into her gag but didn't do anything. She just glared at the people angrily.

The figures all chanted something happily as they took the blood away and left Bella there alone.

Jay nodded with a smile. "Yeah Blasphemy. Show the way." She growled, standing right behind him.

Blasphemy nodded and began to walk forwards towards the forest besides the house. His vision kept filling with pictures and to be honest it caused him a bit of pain but he ignored it. He kept walking as the sword's red mist began to wrap tighter around his small left hand and arm and all the way up to his shoulder. "We're getting close..." He said, almost in a singing tone. Jay nodded behind him. "Awesome!" She said happily, wanting to finally help.

Kian followed the kid not sure he liked the way that blue mist was wrapping around the kid's arm, but since he wasn't crying out in pain or panicked it might be fine. He had no trust for the owner of the sword though, so it bothered him. He held a menacing looking sword in his right hand and kept scanning the area for any cloaked figures. it seemed they preferred to fight one versus four though, so they may not have any trouble at all.

Fintan stayed behind Kian and watched his and Ashley's back, and kept a close tab on Jay as well. She might not appreciate it, but he couldn't help himself. his sword wasn't quite as big and Kian's but it was held at the ready all the same and he knew well how to use it.

Gwenn was walking beside Blas watching the mist as well. It didn't seem to be hurting him, but it looked to be taking hold of him in some way. Hopefully it was a good thing, because from the look of it nothing was going to separate it from him now. He spoke and she began to look for the image of the temple she'd seen in her book.

Kian being a bit taller pointed, "There..." And then hushed everyone, "If they are there...we need to be careful how we approach. Pity none of us are invisible..." He crouched down and motioned for the others to do so as well.

Fletcher watched the group from above in the trees. It was the rest of the guardians, or at least some of them. He'd seen the monks take someone into the temple not long ago though, so they had another of their numbers in their grasp. He silently lowered himself to the ground next to Freya, "The others are just ahead. I think it would be wise to join them."

Freya nodded, "I trust your judgment Fletcher." He'd saved her life three times already so she owed him much. He felt like family to her now and having been alone for so long, that felt good.

Fletcher approached the quietly and decided that the one carrying the other on his back was likely their designated leader. "Leo..." he called in a hushed whisper, "We are with you...Do not strike."

Kian turned hearing his name, "Who is there?"

"We are the Virgo and the Sagittarius. We would like to help you get to the others, may we approach?"

Kian turned toward the voice, "Show yourselves."

The two moved from the cover of the thick undergrowth, crouching low. Fletcher showed his forearm and Freya her shoulder.

Kian nodded, "Welcome and your timing is perfect. We need to rid ourselves of these cloaked cowards."

Fletcher nodded, "Agreed...however...they are not what they appear and they can fight. We will need to be careful...and...they target the healers. If one of you is one we will need to take extra care. Freya has been attacked many times."

Freya seeing the one on the cot moved to her side. "May i?" she asked holding up her hands. "I heal without potions."

Ashley nodded. "Alright. I would love to see your magic at work Freya. I mean it should heal me right?"

Jay rolled her eyes as she looked at the new sagittarius and virgo. "Uhhh... Kian? About that thing about us not having the ability to be invisible... I was born with the ability to bend shadows to my will. I can make them surround us and that'll be a little help." She said, her purple gaze scanning everyone and her grip on her scythe tightening.

Bella suddenly spat out the gag and screamed. She sat up, breaking most of her bonds. The figures yell and they run towards her. All Bella could do was lift her fists up.

Blasphemy was staring at the temple, not paying any attention to the group or anything. He tightened his grip on Bella's sword though.

The girl with the cancer emblem was still passed out and a pastel blue liquid was coming out of her mouth.

The tall boy was fighting with extreme skill. He slid his pike from one side to the other side of the temple, killing many figures. Until, an arrow hit him right in the chest. Then he fell to the ground with a loud thump that was loud enough for the group to hear. His capricorn emblem could easily be seen from his right hip do to his loose clothing.

Freya tipped her head, "Just close your eyes and breathe normally." her voice a soft ripple of comfort as she spoke. She had learned than a calm patient was much easier to link to magically than one that was fretful or combative. Resting her hands on Ashley's shoulders, Freya closed her eyes and a soft light began to glow from her hands until it surrounded both of them in a ball of golden light. She was able then to see the injury and send her magical healing directly to it. It took a few minutes but then the light began to dim and she opened her eyes, "How does your head feel now?" The fact that no one had told her what the injury was, should prove her abilities to the group they were joining."

Fintan was watching the kid. he leaned closer to jay, "Does he look right to you?"

Gwenn too was watching Blas, but watching Freya as well. She had seen magical healing before, but this was glorious. Fintan's words penetrated her awe though and she moved to Blas' side, "What are you seeing?"

Kian looked at Jay then and tipped his head, "That could very well be useful. I've only ever seen pictures of the temple. I've never actually been inside. So we are going to be at a huge disadvantage, our only hope is that they won't expect us to come in as a group."

Fletcher listened and then moved closer and grabbed a stick and began to draw on the ground. "This is the shape of the temple. There are three doors. here, here and here." he said pointing to the north, east and west walls. "This North door is the largest and the one that is most frequently used. I think we would be wise to have a few of us at each door and to hit them from all angles in a barrage of whatever we can throw at them."

Kian looked at the drawing, "This is what I remember seeing as well. That sounds like a good idea, but who among us can fight? And who cannot? Who has a weapon? One you can wield with confidence."

Gwenn looked away from Blas, "I have a bow and I am a good shot. I have ten arrows, but I can make more if I need to...I have a knife as well."

Fintan held up his sword, "Have sword will travel...yeah I know how to use it."

Fletcher tapped his bow, "I too have a bow and I can multi shoot. I have three quivers full of ten arrows each. I also have a sword and a few daggers. I like to be prepared for any situation."

Freya nodded, "He is very good with all of them I can assure you. I unfortunately, have no weapon and even if I did, I would be pitiful in using it. I heal. I do not fight."

Inside the Temple Zuzen was watching the men leave when the Aries let out a scream and broke her bonds. The men rushed back but then there was a loud thump from above and then stopped to look up. "That might be trouble knocking on your door boys...this kind of activity is bound to bring heroes calling." It was a total bluff. he had no idea what that noise was, but he hoped they'd be stupid enough to run up to see and leave the girl alone.

Freya tipped her head, "Just close your eyes and breathe normally." her voice a soft ripple of comfort as she spoke. She had learned than a calm patient was much easier to link to magically than one that was fretful or combative. Resting her hands on Ashley's shoulders, Freya closed her eyes and a soft light began to glow from her hands until it surrounded both of them in a ball of golden light. She was able then to see the injury and send her magical healing directly to it. It took a few minutes but then the light began to dim and she opened her eyes, "How does your head feel now?" The fact that no one had told her what the injury was, should prove her abilities to the group they were joining."

Fintan was watching the kid. he leaned closer to jay, "Does he look right to you?"

Gwenn too was watching Blas, but watching Freya as well. She had seen magical healing before, but this was glorious. Fintan's words penetrated her awe though and she moved to Blas' side, "What are you seeing?"

Kian looked at Jay then and tipped his head, "That could very well be useful. I've only ever seen pictures of the temple. I've never actually been inside. So we are going to be at a huge disadvantage, our only hope is that they won't expect us to come in as a group."

Fletcher listened and then moved closer and grabbed a stick and began to draw on the ground. "This is the shape of the temple. There are three doors. here, here and here." he said pointing to the north, east and west walls. "This North door is the largest and the one that is most frequently used. I think we would be wise to have a few of us at each door and to hit them from all angles in a barrage of whatever we can throw at them."

Kian looked at the drawing, "This is what I remember seeing as well. That sounds like a good idea, but who among us can fight? And who cannot? Who has a weapon? One you can wield with confidence."

Gwenn looked away from Blas, "I have a bow and I am a good shot. I have ten arrows, but I can make more if I need to...I have a knife as well."

Fintan held up his sword, "Have sword will travel...yeah I know how to use it."

Fletcher tapped his bow, "I too have a bow and I can multi shoot. I have three quivers full of ten arrows each. I also have a sword and a few daggers. I like to be prepared for any situation."

Freya nodded, "He is very good with all of them I can assure you. I unfortunately, have no weapon and even if I did, I would be pitiful in using it. I heal. I do not fight."

Inside the Temple Zuzen was watching the men leave when the Aries let out a scream and broke her bonds. The men rushed back but then there was a loud thump from above and then stopped to look up. "That might be trouble knocking on your door boys...this kind of activity is bound to bring heroes calling." It was a total bluff. he had no idea what that noise was, but he hoped they'd be stupid enough to run up to see and leave the girl alone.

Ashley opened her eyes and nodded. "It actually feels better now. And maybe if you'd release me from the cot, I could fight as well. I have a weapon." She said, digging around in her herbal bag.

Blasphemy lifted up Bella's sword. He had never wielded a sword before but his mind was completely somewhere else. He felt extremely confident with this sword in his grip. "Aye. I can fight. And I believe another one of us is extremely injured inside of the temple." He growled, letting the sword fall back down to the ground. The tip was digging into the dirt.

Jay sighed. "Listen maybe the kids just somewhere else in his brain." She muttered to Fintan. "Anyways yes I can hide us as we go to different entrances. Also I believe I am the most capable fighter here so I guess I'll go through the main north entrance." She said, looking at Fletcher's drawing of the temple.

The men shook their heads and then turned their attention back to Bella. Bella smiled and rushed at them all, ignoring the major pain in her left shoulder, arm and hand. She swung hard and fast, knocking two out.

The girl was still passed out with the pastel blue liquid making a puddle underneath her.

The tall boy was acting dead even though he was hanging onto his life force barely. He didn't dare move, not wanting to lodge the arrow deeper into himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freya undid the straps holding Ashley down, "there you go." She felt rather useless in this group, but she had a feeling she'd be kept very busy healing them all. Hearing the younger boy she went to him, "Where is the injured one at? Can you see him?"

Gwenn Looked at the diagram, "I think if one of us is here and the other here," she said looking at Fletcher, "We can cover the others with an arrow barrage and they will be able to cut through the cloaked men easier."

Fletcher nodded, "Agreed. I will take the east and you can take the west."

Kian pointed to the main entrance, "Ok Scorpio, Taurus, Pisces, Aquarius and I will take the North main entrance and you two cover us from either side. Each of you take a healer with you, and the healers can try to find the injured one and if you can look for those that have been taken too, while everyone is distracted fighting us, that would be helpful as well."

Freya nodded, "I will stay with Fletcher if that is well with everyone. If I can find the man, i can heal him and he will be able to fight too."

Zuzen watched her punch the men and grinned. Since no one was paying any attention to him, he began messing with the hinges of his door. He could really use a knife, or anything metal, but he was willing to abuse his own fingers for a chance to be free of this cage. The top hinge was moving a bit, so he kept juggling the door and pushing the hinge. He glanced over at the girl and frowned seeing the odd blue liquid coming from her mouth. What was that? Was she losing ehr life force? He had no idea but he needed to get her out of there. He was hoping that the noises upstairs were the other guardians, they needed some help. He was sure Bella would not be able to keep up her frenzy of anger for long. Blood loss had a way of stealing your power and energy quicker than anything else.

Jay nodded with a smile. "I'll lead the revolution." She said, turning around and heading towards the north entrance with her scythe dragging across the ground.
Ashley nodded. "Thanks Freya." She said, hoping up and following Jay with a small wooden stick in her left hand.
Blasphemy also followed behind Ashley while dragging the sword across the ground.
Bella screamed as she grabbed a ritual dagger from a unconscious body. She quickly slid it into Zuzen's cell then she was overwhelmed by the figures. There was a yell before silence, the figures lifted up what appeared to be Bella's body up into the air.
The girl was still laying in a puddle of pastel blue liquid.

Fintan followed the ladies and Blas to the main entrance, not at all sure he was happy about Jay being in danger again so soon after she looked so sick.

Gwenn gathered up her things and slipped her bow over her shoulder and held it at the ready, "Ashley?" she called going after them, "Follow me to the west...then you can try and find any injured and see if you can find where they are keeping the others. I'll keep you covered."

Fletcher looked at Freya, "Ready?" as he gripped his bow and stood. Hopefully the Scorpio was able to hide them as she said.

Freya nodded and stood as well. She followed having to almost run to keep up with his long strides, but she was getting used to that.

Kian moved toward the group that was heading for the front entrance and readied his sword. "Hide everyone Scorpio...then when you see Gemini and Sagittarius in place we go..."

Zuzen grabbed the dagger from Bella before they lifted her and quickly hid it in his pocket while they were distracted dealing with her. "let her go Damnit!!" he said shaking the bars looking frustrated and angry. He didn't want them to suspect he had a weapon, and a way out of this cell.

Ashley looked at Gwenn and nodded. "Alright." She said, walking over to Gwenn. "Good plan."

Blasphemy was still walking towards the entrance of the temple and stopped at the stairs that led to the north entrance.

Jay followed Blasphemy and looked him dead in the eye. "Alright." She said before closing her eyes and chanting something. She reopened them and stumbled back, her eyes appeared to be sunken and her bones could easily be seen now but she still wore a smile as shadows rose from the ground and circled them. "I can keep this up for a bit."

The figures marched off with Bella in their hands over their heads.

The other girl in the cell was still unconscious and the pastel blue liquid was still coming out of her mouth.

The boy was dying. He knew it but he laid there as the figures examined his body. They hadn't pulled the arrow out of his chest yet...