Zodiac

Fletcher and Freya were in place, as were Gwenn and Ashley. Kian nodded, "In we go then," he said giving Gwen and Fletcher the sign.

Gwenn kicked open the side door with one loud bellow and then started shooting at anything that moved. Her ability to follow and target and hit it was born of many years of hunting for her survival in the forest. When you were trying to hit a running rabbit from the trees above, you got quick.

Fletcher seeing the sign did likewise, thinking to draw attention away from the front door and the bulk of their forces. He loaded three arrows at a time and fired them in an array into the men in the room. He was fast, and though he wasn't attempting to be precise like Gwenn was, he was still felling a good number of their foes.

Freya followed him but the got down on her hands and knees to look for who might be injured. She saw him not far away and even though there were men there looking at him, she bravely grabbed the carpet from under their feet and pulled it as hard as she could.

Fletcher saw Freya and almost groaned, but he aimed at those men so that they would not get back up, one arrow at a time and meant to kill, not stop.

Freya saw the men falling and thought her little trick had worked, but then she saw the telltale arrows from Fletcher's bow and shrugged as she crawled over to the guy on the ground, "I'm Freya the Virgo...let me help you." She said gently. Her hand wrapped around the arrow and the sloft light surrounded them right there in the middle of an all out battle, but she was calm and serene. The arrow seemed to lift from his body of it's own accord until she was holding it loosely above him. She smiled and the light faded, "Don't move yet. Give your body a minute to accept the healing." She grabbed the rug again and pulled him away from the fray and under a table. "Nice to meet you by the way."

Fintan and Kian kicked in the front door, no subtly in the men of this group it appeared, and they saw Fletcher and Gwenn doing a good job of confusing the monks. They charged in under the cover of the shadows and began using their swords to mow through the men. He stayed close to Jay watching her back.

Kian saw a group of men coming from an odd passageway that seemed to disappear...hmm...He made his way to Ashley, "Did you see that?' he asked. The wall moved, See if you can find the way to open it. I bet that's where they are holding our friends."

Zuzen shook the bars until they were gone and then he pulled out the knife and used it to pop the hinges from his cell door and open it the wrong way. He went over to the girl and did the same. he entered her cell and lifted her up off the floor and took her to that slab. "Hey...wake up..we need you..." he said gently. "Sounds like a war upstairs..come on...the other guardians need us..." His hand was gentle as he brushed her cheek. he took a cloth from his pocket and wiped her mouth of the blue liquid as he spoke to her. he didn't want to scare her or be harsh, she already seemed traumatized.

The boy groaned but didn't move at all."It would've been nicer if I wasn't wounded."

Jay was laughing the whole time. She had ran in and swung her scythe in one large arc, decapitating a lot. She then began to kill the figures with powerful slashes of her scythe.

Blasphemy was the last to run in. He wasn't doing much but he was just holding many back.

Ashley nodded. "Yeah I see it. Cover me." She whispered before running towards the secret doorway. She began to look frantically.

The girl didn't wake at all. She was just limp. Her left arm still had the cut that went from her elbow to her wrist. Her cancer sign was glowing even though it was cut.

Freya nodded, "Agreed...but life gives us what it does. You should be fine in another minute." She said looking up at the raging battle beyond the table. "Are you quite certain you want to rejoin the others? I am ...staying right here.."

Gwenn and Kian covered Ashley as she looked for the release to the entrance. Kian with his sword and Gwenn with her bow and arrows.

Fintan was close to Jay and slashing through monks as quickly as he could, trying to keep up with her. Her laughter was a bit strange, given what they were doing, but he was not going to lose sight of her.

Fletcher was firing three or four arrows at a time into the thickest group of monks and any that got even remotely close to Freya and her patient. He saw Ashley feeling along the wall and hoped she'd find the latch quickly to set the others free. He saw a group carrying one of them, the Aires and decided to target them first. She looked hurt but she seemed to be struggling, so she was alive.

Zuzen wasn't sure what to do for her. He needed a healer, and he was most definitely NOT a healer. he went out the way the men had and found a dead end. he felt around the walls looking for something that could show him the way out then his hand touched something and the wall moved and he fell onto the ground. He looked up and saw the Pices, "Are you a healer? The Cancer...she's in bad shape...."

Ashley stepped back and gasped. "Cancer? I have to get her somewhere safe then. Show me the way to her." She ordered, swinging her herbal bag in front of her.

The boy shook his head. "No I'm fine. I'm tired and super thirsty. Mind giving me some water?" He asked, trying to sit up.

Bella dropped to the floor and yelled, blood going down her left arm and shoulder. She was still wounded but despite thta, she was able to crawl to a table before the murderous Jay got there and helped murder them all.

Jay was still laughing and shadows circled around her as she killed most of the nuns in the temple. She soon was stopped by exhaustion and fell to the floor.

Blasphemy sighed as he killed one of the last remaining with a stab right through the heart. He then shook his head, his purple eyes turning back to hazel. He looked around at the destruction and death and instantly put his hand over his mouth.

Sempiternal was in her own mind, seeing her life flash past her eyes as her wound on her right arm bled more and the pastel blue liquid came out of her mouth even more. Her body was slightly shaking as her eyes were small like little dots.

Freya pulled a small bag from her side and pulled out a flask and handed it to him. "Drink slowly or you'll heave it right back up." She saw someone not far away who was bleeding and she pressed a hand to his shoulder, "I will be right back." She crawled to the other table and looked at Bella, "I am Freya, the Virgo and I am a healer...will you allow me to help you?"

Gwenn saw the door fly open and a man fall tot he ground, so she kept up covering them carefully picking off anyone who got close, but being sparing with the few arrows she had left.

Kian was guarding the doorway and like Gwenn taking out anyone who came near.

Fletcher watched Freya move to another table and he moved his focus to follow her. Like Gwenn he was now firing only one arrow at a time and making precise shots to fell anyone he targeted.

Fintan was next to Jay the instant she slumped to the ground and caught her before she hit her head or anything. He held her to his side as he gasped for breath himself.

Zuzen nodded as he got up, "She's down here..." he said leading her back the way he'd come. "I don't know what they did to her...I was unconscious." He stood next to her and then looked at Ashley, "What's this blue stuff??"

Ashley put her index finger in the hoop and smelled it slightly. "I don't know what this is but I believe we need to carry her back to the others before me and the Virgo, Freya can do anything." She stated, already going through her herbal bag.

Bella looked at Freya and nodded. "Yes please. I'm Bella. The Aries." She said, showing off her injured left arm.

The boy slowly drank the water, not wanting to regurgitate.

Blasphemy was stumbling up to Gwenn and Fletcher, wanting to help with Bella's sword. He stood behind Fletcher just in case.

Sempiternal was still shaking but not as much. The blue liquid has pooled around her neck and head, soaking the back of it.

Jay groaned as her eyes fluttered quickly. She knew Fintan was holding her and she was grateful as she began to take short quick breaths. She felt like passing out now.

Freya nodded and placed her hands on Bella and that soft light encased both of them shining from under the table. he eyes slid closed and she swayed slightly as she concentrated and the wound slowly closed from the inside out and any dirt or bacteria that might have been in the wound would end up on the surface of her skin. Once the wound was healed, her eyes opened and the glow subsided. She smiled and touched her hand lightly, "You will feel weak for a moment but it will pass....just remain seated until it passes. She crawled back to the first one and looked at him. "How are you feeling?"

Fintan held her and whispered, "Shhh...rest. It's all over now."

Fletcher lowered his bow seeing the last of them fall. His gaze fell to Gwenn, "Your skill is easily seen." It was high praise from him. "Did this seem a bit too easy to you?"

Gwenn nodded, "Yes. Something is not right here." The monks, or whatever they were, did not seem normal to her. They died, but it did not seem like a normal death somehow.

Kian nodded to the other two, "I agree. This was the fastest battle I have ever fought. I am glad we are unharmed, but it seems wrong to be so."

Zuzen scooped the Capricorn back up and nodded, "Lead on to the Virgo. I will follow."

Bella nodded and sat there, staring at her newly healed arm. She was curious to what that lady had just done to her but at least she was healed.

Jay finally took a deep breath and began to calm down and relax. She still looked exhausted though. Her purple eyes looked up at Fintan with thanks seen.

The boy nodded. "Yes ma'am I am fine now. Thank you so much for your assistance. I am Jack." He said calmly and nicely.

Blasphemy nodded in agreement. "I agree. I dare say as soon as we get the rest out of here we should retreat somewhere." He said way too calm-fully for an eleven year old who had just been in a serious battle.

Sempiternal opened her eyes slightly but her vision was extremely blurry and her body just wouldn't move to her commands. She was almost paralyzed.

Ashley nodded and began to walk back towards the entrance, hollering for Freya or someone.

Freya smiled, "Nice to meet you Jack. You should be able to move around now without difficulty." She said and then heard someone calling her name, "It seems I am needed..." she smiled and crawled out from under the table and looked around for who was calling to her. She saw a tall man carrying a very limp looking woman in his arms and she rushed over to them, "What happened to her?" she asked as she looked at the woman and noted the bluish liquid that seemed to be oozing out of her. If she had to guess, she'd guess that was her life essence. She frowned and put a hand over the girl's wounded arm and closed her eyes. She was getting tired but she wasn't going to leave any of them in this condition. If those monks returned everyone would need to be healed and whole. Her free hand clung to the man's elbow for added stability as the soft bluish green light surrounded them. Zuzen even would be held within the healing cocoon as she healed the arm and gently brought the girl back to a conscious state slowly. The light faded as the healing was completed but before she could say anything she swayed and her hand lifted to her brow.

Fletcher knew that sign well enough from their time traveling together and was there in two strides to brace her and catch her slumping form. "She will need sleep now. Her powers are great but they tax her."

Kian nodded and looked at Blas, "That is a good idea, but first we need to find the book. All of ours are copies...I want the real one an I don't want that falling into the wrong hands."

Fintan stood and scooped up Jay carrying her over to the others. "We should find the book...those jerks were probably trying to find it."

Gwenn tipped her head. "My book said only the Scorpio could find the book. Maybe it requires your shadow power?"

Zuzen held the girl and felt an odd sense of well-being and health fill him as the Libra healed the woman in his arms. When the light faded and the healer slumped in the big archer's arms he looked down at the one he was holding, "How do you feel?"

Sempiternal blinked and coughed a bit before looking up at Zuzen. "I'm feeling great." She muttered, wrapping her right arm around his neck.

Blasphemy nodded and turned towards a human statue in the corner of the room. He lifted his hand level to it and began to chant something softly for a few seconds. After that, he dropped his hand. "It's somewhere around that statue." He said looking over at Jay and Fintan.

Jack stood up and silently watched everything with curiosity. He was giving off a slight aura of safeness as if he would protect them all.

Ashley stood besides Jack, not even knowing who he was but still felt somewhat safer around him.

Bella stood up and went near the statue. "Let me try at it first." She growled, ignoring Gwenn's advise. She yelled and a huge ball of black fire appeared in her right hand and she chucked it at the statue, making a huge explosion but after the dust cleared, the statue was standing without a scratch.

Jay sighed. "Put me down Fintan, I've got this." She said, her black wings folding up even closer to her back. She gave out a cocky smile and waited for Fintan to place her down.

Zuzen smiled and set her on her feet, "I am very glad to hear it. I was worried we did not get helps quickly enough."

Fletcher scooped Freya up in his arms and carried her to a long pew with a crimson velvet cushion on it and laid her down. he glanced up to see the thief trying to find the book and sighed. That one was going to be a problem, he could already tell. he wasn't one to have a great deal of patience with stupidity or impulsiveness since such things could cost lives, he would see how things progressed though, before he made any concrete decisions.

Kian held up a hand to stop Bella but as he suspected she ignored him and did as she pleased. "Do you ever listen?"

Gwenn shook her head, "it would not appear so."

Fintan set Jay on her feet and smiled, "Go get it Babe."

Jay blushed as Fintan called her babe. She stepped up, her black wings unfolding behind her, spreading out fully. She took a deep breath and put her right hand in front of her. She closed her eyes and listened to Bella snicker. "I bet you, she can't get it. Bet you an emerald Gw-" She was cut of short by Jay's yell. Jay opened her eyes and threw her hand back as shadows curled around the statue. Jay then raised her hand and clenched in a fist. The shadows quickly curled around the statue and covered it. Then the shadows exploded, throwing a black dust everywhere that covered Jay. After the dust cleared, the statue was no longer there and a small golden book was laying on the ground. Jay smiled and stumbled towards it seeming a lot more skinnier than before she used her power. She now looked like a stick as she fell to one knee next to the book. She then fell to both knees and her hands besides the book, looking as pale as a ghost.

Sempiternal nodded. "Yea-" she was cut off due to her watching Jay in awe. "How in the-"

" No I don't list-" She then watched Jay. After Jay had broken and destroyed the statue, Bella stood there looking awed as well. "How did she-?"

Blasphemy crossed his arms and grunted. "Ah. Of course the Scorpio gets the book." He said, watching Jay limp and stumble towards it.

Ashley frowned as she noticed Jay was skinnier after using her powers. "uhh..." She mumbled, elbowing Jack. "Does she look skinny or not?" She asked, thinking it was just her brain. After she saw Jack nodded, she sighed and looked over at Fletcher and Freya. She jogged over to the two and began going through her small bag/purse. "I've got a restorative potion in here. Freya might need help drinking it though." She said, handing Fletcher a jade green potion/flask. "It will give her a lot of energy." She said.

Jack walked up to Fintan and crossed his arms, his pike slung against his back.

Kian remembered reading that the Scorpio would be the one to retrieve the book as well, so he didn't argue about it. When Bella returned his question he was about to say something when jay let out a yell and black dust flew everywhere. once it cleared he waved a hand and saw the book. "Maybe you should start." he said to Bella.

Gwenn looked at Bella, "Keep your gem. It was just something I thought I understood from my charred copy of the ancient book. I could easily have been wrong." She did not have formal training of any kind. So reading was not something that she was adept at, but she had very good instincts and unusual ability to decipher what she saw.

Kian shook his head, "I remember reading that."

Fletcher nodded, "As do I." He accepted the vial from Ashley and went to Freya and propped her up and then opened her mouth with his left hand while he poured the contents of the vial into her mouth with the right and then lifted her chin to allow the liquid to trickle down her throat. he supported her a bit and watched to see if it worked.

Freya blinked and took in a deep breath. "Oh....what happened?" She looked at Fletcher and sighed, "Had to catch me again didn't you?"

"Yes."

"Sorry. I will try to control my healing."

"No need. When healing is needed it is needed, Ashley had a potion to revive you. How do you feel?"

"Much better thank you." She looked over at Ashley, "I think we will be a very good team."

Zuzen watched the whole explosion with a mixture of surprise and awe. "That was impressive...but she does look frail and shockingly white."

Fintan nodded and went to her side again, "Are you ok?" he asked as he slipped an arm around her shoulders to support her.

Kian stepped over as well and reached for the book, "We need to get out of here and get the book to a safe place. Anyone have any ideas?"

Fletcher nodded as he stood up from Freya's side, "I know of a place. I can lead us there. It is not close, but we should be safe there. It is an hour's distance at a good run. It will likely take us two hours ..."

Bella sighed. "Listen? That'll never happen." She said before snorting. She glanced at Gwenn and ignored her. She looked at Fletcher and rolled her eyes. "What are we waiting for? Let's go." She growled impatiently.

Ashley nodded and smiled. "I agree with you. And your welcome."

Blasphemy and Jack had walked to each other and began to talk quietly.

Sempiternal frowned, worried for Jay and Freya. She walked over to Blasphemy and Jack and put herself in the talk. "What are you boys talking about huh?" She asled curiously.

Jay looked over at Fintan and shook her head slowly, feeling weaker than usual. "D-Don't worry a-about me. I-It's a side e-effect of my powers." She stuttered, her eyes beginning to droop.

Kian just looked at Bella with a baleful expression and then turned to Freya, "Can you walk?"

Freya nodded, "I am fine now. The potion has restored my vigor. Do not have a concern for my ability."

Fletcher looked at her and huffed a bit, "If you say so. But I will keep a slower pace."

Gwenn shrugged at Bella's ignoring her and went to Jay and Fintan, "Do you want to ride in the sling?"

Finatan looked at Gwenn, "I can carry her. She's not heavy. It will help her warm up as well." He said as he scooped her up again and held her close to his chest.

Gwenn nodded and folded the sling back into it's smaller state and lashed it to her own back. "I'm ready."

Zuzen slid the knife he's borrowed from the monks into the belt of his pants and watched the others.

Fletcher slipped his bow over her right arm and his quiver over his left and gathered up as many of his special arrows as he could find and put them back in the quiver. "Let's be off then...stay close. The forest gets thick and there is no path blazed where we are going."

Bella was waiting by the door, weaponless. She had realized she was weaponless at that point and marched over to Blasphemy. She shoved him and growled. "Give me the sword. NOW!" She yelled, her veins in her neck popping out.

Blasphemy cried as he was pushed and he stumbled back, still holding Bella's sword in his left hand. He shakily gave her the sword and closed his eyes before she slammed the hilt down on his right cheek, making him squeak. He then flinched as the hilt hit his crotch and he fell to his knees, his hands covering his crotch. Tears were rolling down his face and neck very quickly. A large purple bruise was now on his right cheek as he looked up at the pissed Bella.

Both Jack and Sempiternal watched this, outraged. They then stomp over to Kian, seeking his protection just in case if Bella would snap at them. They didn't defend or help Blasphemy due to Bella and what she would do to them.

Ashley hissed and instantly grabbed a potion from her bag. She threw it at Bella, angry. She had missed and the contents of the black potion spilled out onto the ground behind Bella.

Jay was basically unconscious but was still awake. Her body was shutting down and a purple liquid was dripping out of her nose. She couldn't move, react or even talk but her eyes and mouth were still slightly open. Her black wings was folded behind her back tightly. Her body seemed freezing cold against Fintan's warm body. The side effects of her powers were REALLY bad. As if if she have used more magic on the statue, her heart would've shut down and she would've died...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gwenn wasn't willing to back away from anyone especially when a younger person was the one being brutalized. She stepped over to Bella and there was a strange eerie look in her eyes. She stood between Bella and Blas like a stone statue. It was almost as if she was daring the other woman to make some kind of move, waiting for it.

Kian had his sword drawn and was pushing past the others.

Freya ran instantly and knelt next to Blas wrapping her cloak around him and whispering softly, "Shh...never let her see you cry." Her hand touched his cheek and she quietly healed him there under the cloak. She knew the others would take care of the perpetrator.

Fletcher had no idea what was going on, or why this girl they had all come and risked their lives to save would suddenly and viciously turn on one of their own, but he didn't like it. he was behind her and he brought the hilt of a small dagger down on the back of her head with a good deal of force and without any mercy, just as she had done to the boy. He also made no apology or explanation for his actions either.

Kian glared at Bella with the tip of his sword inches from her face, "You are the most worthless, ungrateful bitch I have ever had the misfortune to meet. That sword chose him and attached itself to him, and was the means of our finding you here and saving your despicable hide. If you ever lift a weapon against a member of this force again you will not life to do it again. I would rather fight with one less guardian that worry about being betrayed by someone I did not choose to ally myself with...do you understand me?" he was shouting at her and there was a dark icy glare that was not attempting to hide his feelings or thoughts about her in any way.

Zuzen wanted to high five Fletcher but he held his ground and joined in with the others in his outrage and disgust at the girl's actions, especially considering how close she'd come to dying a while back. He had to agree with Kian's words though, he'd have no trouble gutting the girl himself especially if she turned on one of the other women.

Blasphemy nodded and smiled up at Freya, his eyes no longer showing tears. "Y-Your right..." He mumbled, wiping the rest of his tears of his chin.

Bella flinched in pain as she felt the hilt of Fletcher's knife hit her bluntly in the back of her skull. Her vision went blurry and she shook her head before looking up at Kian. A cruel smile flickered across her face but then it turned to a look of innocence. "I-I'm sorry... I don't know what made me do that..." She cried, fake tears rolling down her cheeks.

Ashley hissed as she stood next to Blasphemy and Freya, waiting to see if they needed assistance.

Jay was unconscious still... her eyes tightly shut.

Jack and Sempiternal had just watched. They had wanted to jump in but they saw the others had it under control. They looked at each other, mumbling things and exchanging information they had gathered. They seemed to say the word "Skinwalker" a lot as if it was a notorious creature, which of course it was. It was so mysterious though that neither of them had seen or fought one before. They only heard about their paralyzing and death including, yellow eyes. Then after that they switched and began to talk about "The Stargazer." When they first said the name, Jay had stirred slightly and she sat up with her eyes a tiny bit open as if the name had awoken her. They both went silent as they watched Jay stand up and begin to walk towards them. She grabbed their arms but not in a hostile way. "Ah The Stargazer. I need to see him actually." She mumbled, letting go of the confused two and they looked at each other in awe as Jay stumbled to the north entrance again.

Freya smiled, "Good lad," she said as she finished healing him and have his hand a gentle squeeze. "You see...she is the one crying now." She winked and stood keeping him close beside her.

Fletcher huffed at the door and blocked the way as Jay approached, "We will stay together."

Kian rolled his eyes, "That bull might work on other people but not me. You are not trusted. If I were you, I would guard my back and attempt to find someone in this group that can stomach your company." He flicked the sword inches from her face and then strode past her in disgust. "We must get moving."

Zuzen moved to join those at the door as well, ready to leave this place behind. They needed to train and form a strategy. He felt like they were well chosen, power wise, but they needed to learn to work together.

Freya moved with Gwenn to where Fletcher was, her arm around Blas' shoulders for moral support.

Fintan blinked when Jay left his arms, from a nearly unconscious state and walked over to Fletcher. He frowned and shook his head but followed after her, just in case she started swaying again and needed carried.

Fletcher nodded, "Give a loud yell if the pace is too fast." he said as then he started off into the treeline at a steady jog. He figured they'd call a stop before long but he wanted to put some distance between them and this place.

Blasphemy sighed and tried to regain his confidence as he walked silently with Freya as if he was simply her child. He looked up at her with his golden eyes then looked back at Bella and hissed before turning his head back up front.

Jay jogged after Fletcher along with Sempiternal and Ashley besides her. She seemed to be a bit faster than them and she ran besides Fletcher. "But I need to visit him! The Stargazer is really important to our team! He could give us information, potions and resources!" She argued then pursed her lips together as if she was simply slightly annoyed. She swayed slightly but she felt herself regaining strength due to the opal in her pocket.

Jack and Bella followed lastly, giving each other glares of hate as they brought up the back just in case if anything happened. They stopped after a while and began to talk again about The Stargazer as if everyone has heard about him.