You don't have to see to believe...

((Well yes, but I meant to further the action after that. I don't know what, but maybe? Or, maybe Roderick takes her to an audition and she hits it off or something afterwards? Soimething to piss her dad off?))

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Ah yes, well, I will be damned if my daughter takes up such an unstable career in the world of show business." He said knowing how the market for dancers singers and the like shifted and changed like tides. He made his opinion obvious through tone.

((I suppose the second one could work, in the sense that it would initiate the start of their relationship, and it could cement his will to scupper her chances.))

Roderick, before he nodded, noticed something - the look on Kieara's face. He didn't think that, by any chance, that look meant she was happy. In light of this, he tried to force himself from the conversation. He didn't like just leaving Kieara as she was, but it was all he could do at that point in time.
"Well, I- Oh, cripes, is that the time? Sorry for the sudden departure, but I promised I'd help out with the stage assembly. Until next time?"

Her father offered a small smile again at that. "Very well. Nice meeting you roderick." He said to him as he took Kieara's arm leading her off towards home. Marcus sighed. "Now you see why Kieara and her father don't hit off too well. Let's get things ready for tomarrow shall we? Isn't much else to be done." He said. He'd cancelled his evening class to finish up in the auditorium.

((So... Are we doing a time skip, or what?))

Roderick nodded, having nothing much to say - there was little to say on the subject. WOrdlessly, he set off, the needed supplies on his shoulder.

((we can skip. You care to?))

Marcus came along. He wanted to get all this work done with.

((Very well.))

"I hear there's an audition for something today. Is Kiera participating?"
Kieara hadn't arrived yet, but Roderick had managed to get in and speak with Marcus. There wasn't a lot left to do - at this point, his presence seemed arbitrary. Nevertheless, he knew Kieara would be disappointed if he didn't come to see her, so he came nonetheless.

Marcus smirked. "Yes, but her father doesn't know. She will be competeing in front of three broadway auditionists." He spoke. "they are here on a talen search, and I know she's got it in the bag." He heard some girls come in and go to get dressed. Then Kieara's father led her inside as well.

Roderick smirked, knowing Marcus was right - Kieara's talent was exceptional. He had never seen such graceful techniques before - maybe by professionals, but never by hobbyists. This was something he was looking forward to. He did, however, speak when Kieara entered.
"Morning, Kieara. Ready for the audition, then?"

Kieara grinned hearing him. "I'm nervous Rod..." She said to him as MArcus went off to get her costume.

Roderick grinned a little, and patted her reassuringly on the shoulder.
"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll knock them dead. You're a brilliant dancer, and we all know it. Isnt that right, sir?"
In earnest, he had asked Kieara's father - he had not picked up on that he had no want for her to go into show business.

Her father was still in shock that there was an audition today and she was signed up. Keiara paled hearing him speak to her father. She thought he'd left. He glared infuriated. "There's an audition today?" He asked rage evident in his voice. "And my Kieara is signed up for it?" Kieara began. "Daddy it's-" He cut her off. "No. kieara, come on, you're going home."

Wait, so he- Oh, no. This isn't good. This is bad. This is very bad. Very very bad.
"Sir, with all due respect, I believe it is her right to decide her actions. Legally speaking, she is an adult, so is it not technically her decision whether or not she is entered?"
A valid point, that would have held some meaning to the rational mind. However, the circumstances Roderick faced while standing up for Kieara were different - and he'd have to adapt, if he was going to outwit Kieara's father.

Kieara frowned knowing there was giong to be a fight. "as her gaurdian and also from a legal standpoint I am here to ensure her safety, and anything I see as potentially dangerous, I can make the decision on it. I see a career in dancing as dangerous therefore she will do no such thing. End of story."

"Sir, I respect your position, but I stand firm in the belief that, as Kieara is surely a prolific figure in this establishment, safety precautions must have therefore been put in place in order to provide a safe environment for all people participating. If there is danger here, then is it not the establishment being at fault, not Kieara? Therefore, as long as there are the necessary measures taken, I see no reason for you to believe your daughter is in danger."
Roderick knew he was treading on thin ice here - but, he couldn't just let Kieara's dream slip like this. He was going to stick up for her, maybe beyond what was considered sensible.

Kieara didn't want him to get in trouble. "Rod..." She started. Her father cut in. "Well, that's not your place to decide now is it? Come on Kieara." He said again taking her arm and leading her this time not waiting for her to follow.

Roderick reached out for Kieara, but stopped. He cursed - under his breath, so nobody could hear, but he did it nonetheless. He couldn't chase after Kieara, and he had just scuppered her chances.
"God damn it... Why did I have to open my big fat mouth..."

Marcus rushed outside and began to talk to her father. It went a few moments and he brought her back in. "Ok, she's back for practice." HE said as her father left. "now to get you ready for the competition." He smirked. Kieara smiled a bit.

Roderick smiled heartily as Kieara was brought in, and his voice adopted a more cheerful tone - encouraging, even.
"Knock 'em dead, tiger. I know you can do it."

Kieara smiled as she was led to a changing divider. She walked behind the screen and began to strip. He turned his back and waited as she undressed so that he could turn the costume the correct way for her. After she gave him the ok, he handed her the costume showing her where the back was, then turned his back again. She put it on then he turned again tweaking it here and there then led her out again. "viola, I think for a man I did a decent job." He said. It was blue and had a flow-y skirt on it, it went over one shoulder, and had sparkles on it that were meant to resemble stars. It was fitting considering her song she'd be dancing to was entitled "Dream on a Star". He then led her to a table in the room and placed her hair up in a neat bun, then did her makeup. Her makeup was simple, but also had that type of stage-look that dancers needed. It included simple lipgloss that was pink, and her eye shadow went far beyond her eyes. It moved under her eyes onto her cheeks and above up to her eyebrows in an oval shape and went to either side of her eyes in a peak, inside the dark blue shadow was tiny sequins for the skin Marcus had placed to mock the stars on her costume. "Well, what do you think?" He asked Roderick.

Roderick surveyed the costume, and shook his head in mock disapproval. He faced Marcus, and Kieara, then offered his opinion.
"That costume doesn't look good on you. It looks positively stunning! Marcus, you've really outdone yourself this time. And Kieara, I couldn't think of a better person to wear it. Well, maybe Marcus could, but that's besides the point. If your moves don't get them, then your costume will."
Roderick stood, facing the two with hishands on his hips, grinning ecstatically. He tld the truth - the costume looked wonderful, even more so with Kieara wearing it.