You don't have to see to believe...

Kieara smiled as she heard him. "Hi Rod." she said to him. She blushed at the compliment still not used to such words, but she liked them. She spoke. "thank you." She turned a little more twords where she heard his voice coming from. Partially to hear better, and partially to show that she was paying attention and not ignoring him. She'd been told that not facing someone in conversation was seen as rude.

"No, no, thank you. You've brightened up my day considerably, what with your dancing. After all, lifting boxes only passes so much time."
A light chuckle escaped his lips, as he leaned against the wall, looking over the pair in the studio. Though he did not feel anything strongly for Kieara, he had to admit that she did have her charms, and that she was a lovely girl regardless.

Kieara blushed. "Aww. You're so sweet." She said smiling as she sipped on a water provided for her. She spoke. "I'm sure you've helped us out so much with the set up."

"I only did the lifting, the boys and girls putting it all together the people who are really making it happen there."
Roderick rubbed the back of his head, and looked down to the floor with a slightly sheepish expression. He was being honest - he was only doing the heavy lifting, and he didn't see it as an integral role. Nevertheless, he saw it as something to pass the time, and continued regardless.

"Well even so that helps." She told him with a smile. It meant a lot ot her that someone was willing to come in and talk to her on her breaks. No one else would. She loved Marcus and all, but having a new friend meant a lot.

A light chuckle escaped the adult's lips, as he smiled briefly and lightly.
"Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I like you - positive people are hard to come by, these days. It's all doom and gloom, nobody ever has their cup half full any more."
Though she could not see it, Roderick was smiling - only slightly, but it was there nonetheless. Amidst the monotony of what he was doing, Kieara's kind words and the general thought of having a conversational partner appealed to him.

She'd felt of smiles before, and she'd learned the tone of voice that accompanied a smile. She assumed he was smiling and it made her smile. She spoke. "Doesn't pay to make yourself miserable all the time by seeing the cup half empty." She said to him.

"I suppose that's true. I've never really been either kind of person, I just go with things and adjust depending on them."
If he was honest with himself, Roderick was half-expecting to see Marcus sitting in the corner, either struggling to contain a childish giggle, or mouthing something along the lines of 'ask her out' to him. he wasn't looking, but he expected it to be so.

Marcus was sitting in the corner with a ghost of a smirk on his face watching this play out. Had he turned to see his opinion those options would be very apt on his reaction. However, he would try to contain himself. Kieara smiled a bit. "Well, rather be that then a pessimist."

Though he felt bad about Kieara having no clue had had done it, Roderick shot Marcus an irritated glance, essentially telling him it wasn't as he thought it would be. He did respond before the silence became suspicious, however.
"I suppose. Sy, come to think of it, how long have you been dancing? Your movements are so fluid, it's like you're programmed to dance."

Kieara blushed then spoke. "Since I was three." She said smiling. "It was a slow progress, I don't learn the way most do due to my disability." She explained to him still having no clue about his and Marcus' silent conversation.

Roderick nodded, muttering his acknowledgement as he listened.
"I really do wish I had as much talent as you do, though. Working with computers only uses so much imagination, it's always the same thing. You, however, have so much more to do, and to perform."

Kieara smiled. "I'm sure you're just as creative as me." She spoke. "Maybe you just haven't found the right medium yet."

"Maybe, maybe. I have yet to find one, however, but I guess I will."
Though his tone was genuinely light, his actual facial expression - directed at Marcus - told a whole other story. Namely, one where he would strangle the man if he made one wrong move.

Marcus held his hands up in defeat. He didn't know what his problem was. Kieara giggled softly. "I'm sure you will." She seemed so bubbly and lighthearted all the time around him. He made her feel a bit better.

Roderick, despite his often-breezy demeanour, could snap in a heartbeat if he sensed somebody was having fun at his expense. Whether Marcus was or not, he was finding it hard to discern - irrespective of this, he didn't like how Marcus was barely stifling himself. He kept a light tone, however.
"So, what're you working on now?"

"I'm working on a new solo of mine." she spoke to him. "I still haven't worked all the kinks out. It's got a lot of jumps." She said to him.

"Well, hopefully, you can get it to work. You have my support, I'll say that much."
Roderick chuckled, and smiled at Kieara. Something in him stirred, however - he wasn;t feeling particularly comfortable about Kieara performing a routine with so many jumps, given her disability.

Kieara smiled. "Thank you." Marcus could tell he was nervous. "You ok Roderick?" He spkoe standing.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just me being concerned over some trivial matters, nothing to really be concerned about."
Unless you count the fact that you're allowing a blind girl to jump around like a automated spring.
Roderick maintained a poker face, unrevealing of any and all forms of what had been there a moment ago. However, deep within his eyes, was that spark of concern - the one that was invoked by him thinking of the consequences.