You don't have to see to believe...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Kieara frowned softly at first, then grinned from ear to ear when she heard his approval. It made her heart flutter. Marcus chuckled and bowed a couple times in a joking manner. "Thank you thank you." He then spoke. "Thank you Rod." Kieara spoke shyly. Marcus then spoke again. "Let's get you to the stage, the productions already started and your curtain call is next."

Roderick nodded, and then spoke - he wasn't getting on stage, so he figured that he should get to his seat, before the auditions began.
"Excellent. I'll be cheering for you, Kieara - make me and Marcus proud, you hear?"
And, with that, Roderick left. He would likely get to his seat on time, so worrying about such a thing was trivial - in fact, wondering whether the costume looked right would be a more pressing matter.

Kieara was nervous, but compared to some of these other girls she was as calm as a cucumber. And she wanted this far more than all of them combined. She waited until the current song was over. Marcus whispered to her. "Five steps out is center stage." He'd led her around the stage so she knew the layout of it with all the decorations. She spoke. "Ok." Her name was called, and she walked out. She paused as the auditorium went silent. She waited for her music then began to dance with it. Her dancing was beautiful just as it had been back in the practice room, as were her jumps. They were flawless, and she seemed to have no fear of the ground. However, something happened, someone couldn't leave well enough alone. Marcus had been watching her with a proud smile until he noticed somet tiny things sparkling on the stage. He looked closer and it was too late. Kieara came down from a jump onto marbles. She slipped with a gasp and fell off the stage completely. Marcus' eyes widened as he ran from backstage out and down to get her.

Roderick did not have time to process the crowd's, nor the judges', reactions. Instead, he simply ignored them, as he bolted onto the stage, disregarding the marbles scattered across the area
"Kieara!" he shouted, looking over her for any signs of injury. "Are you all right? What happened?! Can you get up?!"

Kieara was mortified. There was silence for a moment then a judge spoke over the speaker. "Thank you contestant 89. Please exit stage right." She felt tears well in her eyes. She'd worked so hard and this was her reward? She couldn't speak. She was too embarrassed. Marcus sighed and lifted her up to her feet. "Are you ok?" She finally came to herself and cleared her throat. "Y-yeah....I'm ok." she spoke.

Roderick looked towards the stage in disgust - it was obviously sabotage. Whether the marbles or how such a simple fall were the factors that made it so obvious, remained to be seen. However, he remained disgusted that somebody could ruin someone's dream so callously, thinking they had the right to just toss aside someone's future. Nobody had that right - nobody he could think of, anyway.

Marcus started to say something to the rude judge, but before he could Kieara pulled away from both of them and left the auditorium. She felt the wall to get to the backstage doors, and slipped a couple times from marbles that had fallen off the stage, but she made it. Tears fell from her blank eyes, she could feel them on her cheeks, but her eyes were numb. She'd cried before, but it was an odd occurence. She went back to the room where Marcus and her practiced when she got back into the portion of the building she knew well and sat in the floor her head buried in her knees.

Roderick, only having Kieara's welfare in mind, ran after her. He didn't know where he was going as well as she did, but he knew where she'd be going at the very least. Upon finding her, Roderick got down on one knee to her, and spoke softly.
"I can't say I know how you feel. So I won't say anything. But I'm here if you need me, all right?"

Marcus left after them. He got caught up in stage cleanup though. Those girls had sabatoged Kieara. Kieara looked up towards his voice jumping a bit. She hadn't expected anyone to follow. She frowned her lip quivering a bit as she fought the urge to cry. She spoke her voice a bit broken. "I-I worked so h-hard...."

"To wreck your dreams so callously... That's despicable. Not to worry, though - I've heard that they found the marbles on stage, and are reviewing CCTV footage as we speak. You could have seriously hurt yourself out there - I'm sure the perpetrators will be punished."
Though it could have been interpreted as consolation, it was simple statement of the facts that he knew - or thought he knew. Regardless, the sabotage wasn't exactly inconspicuous - it was practically sure the girls would be caught, in due time.

Kieara knew they'd be caught, but that wasn't what saddened her so much. Her one chance, and it was gone, unable to be recaptured. Her entry would be voided like she wasn't even there, and the competition would go on. It was like she'd worked simply to make a fool of herself. She felt like she should just stop trying all together.

On an impulse, Roderick placed an arm around Kieara's shoulder, keeping her in contact in a reassuring manner. He rocked her from side-to-side, not speaking a word, until he couldn't take the silence.
"If it means anything to you, I think you were absolutely fantastic."

Kieara was comforted by the slow, steady motion. She lay her head over onto his chest letting tears fall when he did. She looked up when he spoke. She was surprised at his words. "You did?" she spoke feeling a little better a glimmer of hope in her voice, and even in her blank, solid eyes.

Roderick wiped the tears from Kieara's eyes, and used his free hand to smooth her hair while he comforted her.
"Of course I did. I have't seen a better dancer up there today. I don't care what anyone else says, you were the best one up there, and bugger me if I'm wrong."

Marcus had entered silently as he watched the two with a weak smile. Kieara hugged him softly. "Thank you Rod....you're the first besides Marcus to ever tell me that." She said. It obviously meant a lot to her. He was already a person very close to her heart even though she'd only known him such a short period of time.

"And I shouldn't have to be the last."
Roderick hugged Kieara back, judging it as the appropriate thing to do. He hadn't noticed Marcus outside, nor his silent observation. He was too busy consoling Kieara, and keeping her from truly breaking down. It was when he looked at her on stage, though, that he realised something - she was beautiful. Not her dancing, nor her form, lovely as they were. No- he realised that she herself was. He understood what it meant, but he had never really thought much about it. Nevertheless, this did not affect his outward actions.

Kieara wasn't aware of Roderick's observation of her on stage. She had no idea. She spoke. "Thanks...." It was then her father returned and rose a brow at the girl in the floor. HE looked to MArcus immediately knowing what happened and glared.

"You did your best, Kieara. You shouldn't ever have to cry if you did so well."
Kieara's father would have to make his presence more noticeable, if he wanted to break the moment. Roderick had Kieara crying in his arms - this would take more than just a glare to stop. Though it was not directed at him, had he known it was happening, Roderick would have attempted to say something - however, he did not know, and said nothing.

HEr father's voice boomed. "Marcus, what the hell did I tell you?" He demanded. Marcus looked up. "Sir with all do res-" He was cut off. "If you had a lick of respect about you, you wouldn't have disobeyed me. Kieara, come on." Kieara shakily stood up wiping at her cheeks. Marcus growled. "Now you listen here-" He walked over to Marcus hostily. "No, YOU listen here! You disobeyed my direct demands!"

"Look at you two, just exchanging back and forth... Could you both just shut up for a minute, because I. AM. TALKING!"
Having raised his voice, Roderick moved over to the two, interrupting whether he was welcome to or not. Marcus had gone because he'd not said the right things - so it seemed. In this light, he felt that he should take the blame - not let Marcus just stand there, taking it all. "Now then, let me tell you something, good sir. As you well know, I revealed that Kieara was in an audition, HOWEVER, you pulled her out. then Marcus pulled her back in again, only this time she stayed. Now, thing is, he went on my behalf, because I have a tendency to say exactly the wrong things. So, if you should blame anyone... Blame me."