You don't have to see to believe...

Kieara frowned sensing something off. She'd done jumps in plenty of dances before. She was good at it, perfect form, but there was always that concern. Marcus was confident she'd do fine, and if anything happened to her, then it would be on his head.

Disregarding Kieara's frowning face, Roderick examined his wtch, and straightened his shirt. He was a few minutes early, but he could sense that things were turning a little awkward while he was still there.
"Listen, I should really get going, I think they're resuming construction. I'll catch you some other time, hm?"

Kieara smiled to him and spoke. "Well, I will see you later then? No one else talks to me." She spoke to him. She seemed to be rather fond of his company. Even with what had just happened.

"What about Marcus? I'm sure he wouldn't mind keeping you company."
That aside, you'd probably feel more comfortable with him, as opposed to a stranger you've not met even two days ago.
Roderick seemed casual about the question, as if the concept of him being able to converse with someone for extended periods of time were lways disregarded by him, with quick - and sometimes pre-emptive - strikes.

"Well yes, but it's always nice to have a new friend, and between you and me Marcus can be a bit of a pain at times." She said causing Marcus to glare from across the room but he kept silent.

Now it was Roderick's turn to stifle a luagh, though he did a poor job of it. Marcus' face only served to be detrimental to this, so he simply left Kieara with a light chuckle.
"Well, I guess I'm obliged to come back, then. I'll se you later."
And, with this, he wandered off, to his next task.

"Bye." she smiled as he left. Marcus heaved a sigh and got up. "Ready for the rest of your lesson Kieara?" He asked as she stood. "Yes Marcus." He smiled and then began to let her practice.

Work was as mind-numbingly tedious as he expected it to be. Not very surprising, considering the nature of the work, but he noted it nonetheless. Though he did not do it intentionally, he found himself stealing glances at Kieara as he walked past, observing her dances and her movements, and just how slender she was, in all her grace.

Marcus took no notice, and Kieara having no eyes did either. However, her moves were graceful, flowing, and calculated. She soon was done for the day and her father showed up to get her. Today he managed to get there before the 'buzzards' arrived.

True to his word, Roderick stopped by, but noticed Kieara's father - it was a little awkward, to say the least. A man who could afford to give his daughter private lessons, and a man who looked like he was there for the easy work and wages. In reality, companies paid through the nose for somebody who could operate anything beyond a keyboard, and Roderick's software had earnt him decent money. He was just bored, as he'd resolved to take a break, but had found nothing to do on said break. So, he walked casually in, with the box he was meant to place in the dressing room.
"Hello, Kieara." He said in a casual manner, walking by as he proceeded to the intended destination. He could never be sure of how the parents would react.

Her father smiled. He seemed friendly enough. His hair was fully silver slicked down on top and he wore a dark suit. Kieara smiled. "Hi Rod." She said. He spoke. "You must be Roderick. Marcus told me about you. Say's you've been rather sweet to my daughter."

Roderick, nonchalant - or breezy - as always, shrugged noncommittally.
"We're friends, I guess. I figured it'd be nice to have somebody to talk to when I'm on my break. But sweet? That's just Marcus blowing things out of proportion."
The last part was mumbled a little - only as a lighthearted jab at Marcus, said as if he wasn't meant to hear it, even if Roderick knew perfectly well he would.

her father and marcus laughed. He walked over offering a hand. "Hear you're a bright boy. My name is James. Nice to meet you Roderick." He sopke to him in a professional manner.

Roderick took James' hand, and shaked it firmly, wanting to make a good first impression on Kieara's father.
"It's a pleasure to meet you too, sir."

James believed you could tell quite a bit about a man by his handshake. He smiled wider feeling his firm one. A nice handshake, not nervous, but confident, and not intimidating. He spoke. "Nice to meet you too." Kieara smiled as she waited patientlyl.

In an attempt to have something to actually say, Roderick nodded, and spoke.
"Your daughter's quite the dancer. I daresay she's quite accomplished."

((Sorry I took so long, and it's so short... But nothing seems to be happening. It's getting stale, and fast. I don't want it to die, but unless something's going to happen, I can't go on like this.))

((it's ok, I was getting ready to suggest we think up a twist. Any suggestions?))

He smiled. "Yes, well, she's been coming here for years. Though it's only a hobby of hers." This made her frown. She loved to dance, and she wanted a career at it, but her father wouldn't allow it.

((None so far. It just seems like there's nothing that can happen at the moment.))

Roderick nodded in acknowledgement, and replied. One must keep in mind, however, that he had no idea that Kieara's father did not wish for her to have a career in dancing.
"Well, even if it is only a hobby, she still seems to be on the level of most professionals. She could probably be one, if she wanted to."

((hm...maybe do something about at the competition there are broadway judges, and her father sabatoges it? Go somewhere with that perhaps?))

Kieara frowned more as her father's facial expression changed to one of dissapointment and his tone changed. "I don't think she's interested in that." He said speaking for her.

((I thought we'd established that she falls? Or does she fall because of her father?))

Roderick, ever unwitting, shrugged. He was none the wiser, and still didn't see Kieara's facial expression.
"Well, I suppose that's her decision. Though, I seem to recall the words of a rather wise man, right now... Ah, what were they... Oh, yes. If you're good at something, never do it for free."