You don't have to see to believe...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Rod you don't-" Kieara started but her father cut her off. "Hush Kieara!" He snapped shutting her up immediately. He turned to Rod and spoke. "Listen here you little worm, I have already told you how I feel about these damnable auditions. And to go behind my back like that and stick her in? You had to have his authority to do it." HE said gesturing to MArcus. "He already knew better, but I will not, I repeat, WILL NOT stand around this place, and let you go over my head like this. We're leaving, and don't look to see us back." He said and walked over taking Kieara's wrist to lead her. She looked saddened, and very hurt, maybe even a touch scared, but she was silent for a moment. "Daddy please..." He didn't stop. "I don't want to hear it Kieara." Marcus growled at this. He couldn't stop them from leaving though.

"And have you ever considered what Kieara wants?"
Roderick stood, his arms at his sides, his head facing the floor. Though he shed none, tears threatened to burst from his eyes, and his voice was already cracking minutely. "Have you ever considered that she is not a child, but a woman? That she is her own person, and not just a fragile little girl who you have to leave in a cage to protect? How about that? I don't want to hear any crap that comes out of your God-forsaken pie hole! I don't want to see another damn person have their potential stifled, because someone didn't approve of their dream!"

Her father spoke back. "She may not be a child anymore, but she is blind." He spoke. "And she is in no shape to travel back and forth as a dancer. Even if if did work out for a little while, ultimately in the end she'd make a fool of herself. What happens when the next big person comees along huh? What happens when the media tosses her aside like yesterday's trash? I don't want to hear this dream bull shit!" He spoke to him. "Clinging to pipe dreams will only get you hurt." He said leading her out the front door.

"But what happens if that pipe dream is all you have?! What then?! What if you don't have anything else, if you've been hurt so much you're too numb to feel any bloody pain?! It's those stupid little dreams that keep humans going, you fool! It's those that give us motivation, that keep us telling ourselves that life is worth living! So, you get hurt, everyone does! Children fall and scrape their knees - they cry for a little bit, but before you know it, they're up and at it again! I can't stop you, but if you're going to cost Kieara hat she's worked so hard for, on your head be it!"
Roderick, having said his fill, turned the other way, his arms crossed. His eyes looked towards the ceiling, as did his head, but he himself was as low as he could go. There was no chance he could see Kieara again - he thought he'd ,aybe even cost her her dancing. But, he couldn't focus on that. He just wanted Kieara's happiness.

Marcus sighed as they left in a hurry. He scrawled something on paper. "You tried...." He spoke to Roderick and handed him the paper. He hugged the boy, then went to make sure the rest of his dancers were doing ok. On the paper was an address. It was kieara's.

Kieara cried all the way home with ehr dad yelling at her to suck it up. She wasn't so much saddened by the fact that her dream had been crushed. It had always been dampered by her father's comments. She was more so sad that she'd never get to talk to her friend again. The only one who'd really believed in her.

Roderick nodded, and ran out. Judging by the address, he figured that he still had enough in his pocket to get a taxi to Kieara's house. If he did it fast, he could probably at least attempt to form some sort of reconciliation, and be able to see Kieara. He ran outside, desperately flagging down a taxi, and then giving the driver the address. And, with a slight jolt from the ancient engine, the car drove off, to the address given to him.

By now, Kieara and her father were already home. She was in her room still crying and upset over the loss of her dream and her friend. Her father was aggitated with this whole day. He went to the kitchen pouring himself some whiskey and downed it. He needed to unwind a little bit.

((I have no idea what Kieara's area of residence looks like.))

Though he paused, it was only momentary - Roderick needed to go ahead with this. He pushed the doorbell's button, and awaited a response. After all, he couldn't just barge in without permission. That wasn't right. He wanted to see Kieara, but not enough to break into her home.

((sorry about that, I thought I wrote it in an earlier post))

Her residence was a two story home. IT was white and had a long walk leading up to the door with the sidewalk lined with red flowers. The door was also painted red. Her father came and answered the door and glared holding his glass. "What do you want? Why are you here, better yet how'd you get here?" He asked him harshly not seeming to like this at all. behind him was a nice home. The inside was clean and neat. The door opened into the kitchen.

Roderick, smelling the alcohol and seeing the glass - along with the remnants of the beverage - took a subtle step back, preparing to bolt in case things suddenly turned hairy. He didn't fancy being stabbed repeatedly by a broken glass. In light of this situation, he attempted to sound as neutral as possible, trying not to provoke any violence that may occur.
"I would just like to see Kieara, if it is acceptable. Not as a colleague, but as a friend."

He debated it. "Make it quick." He moved aside. "Second dor on the left side of the hall." He spoke to him and left the door. He went to the living room and sat down on the couch downing the whiskey and then pouring another glass. Kieara rubbed at her cheeks trying to get the tears to go away. She hadn't heard the foorbell.

Before he could say his thanks, Roderick was promptly left to his own devices by Kieara's father. Deciding not to pursue the matter, he paced up the stairs, moving in concordance with the directions given. He knocked at the door, purely out of habit, and spoke softly. He wasn't sure if his words would be heard, but it would only be a matter of speaking louder if needed.
"Kieara? Kieara, it's Roderick. I just... I just came over to see you."
'See.'
Oh f-

Kieara was silent for a moment then spoke. "C-come in..." Her voice was hoarse, but she sounded shocked that he came over. She smiled weakly trying to cheer up. She turned the direction of her door but still seemed to be looking past him. "Hi Rod..."

Roderick moved over to Kieara, wiping the remaining tears off of her cheek with a tissue he had on him, and smiled lightly at her.
"Hi there. Just thought I'd stop by and say hello."
A friendly hand was placed upon her shoulder, though Roderick himself was still bitter - he hadn't been able to stop her crying. He felt this to be his failure, something he hadn't been able to stop because he wasn't good enough. Regardless, he still did what he could.

She smiled and stopped crying when he came. He stopped her crying, but it was by his presence, not his words. She hugged him hoping he wouldn't mind. "I thought I wouldn't get to talk to you anymore..." she said. She was happy he was here.

"I'd stop at nothing to make sure you were happy, Kieara. After what happened, it wouldn't feel right to just leave you."
Roderick returned the hug, stroking her hair, and rocked her slightly. He just wanted what made her happy - and if him simply being there did make her happy, he would do that.

Kieara smiled as he did that. It soothed her. "You shouldn't feel obligated, you couldn't help it." she said to him though she wasn't complaining about him being there.

"But I do, Kieara. Because we're friends, aren't we?"
David was considering getting in a miracle - but, to actually be able to do something when he was there was a different matter entirely. He was actually being of use to kieara, by soothing her, and consoling her. That alone was enough to make him happy.

Kieara smiled. "Of course we are." she spoke to him. She had put it in her mind by now she'd never dance again, but so that she had David there to keep her company she didn't care.

David, as if in mocking response to her thoughts, spoke about her dancing, even if it was just something he said on a whim.
"Kieara, don't ever stop dancing. It's your dream, isn't it? You can't let this set you back. You and Marcus worked so hard... Anyway, I'd be disappointed if I was robbed of such a wondrous sight as you dancing."