You don't have to see to believe...

Kieara blushed at his compliment. She spoke. "I don't know what I will do." she said. "Dad won't let me go back, and Marcus was the only one willing to take on a blind pupil." she said. "I don't trust anyone else."

"I don't know... I honestly don't. But you can't give up, Kieara. Because you're a brilliant dancer, and by God I'll make sure you dance again."
A little firmer this time, David gripped Kieara, not wanting to let go of her for the world. However, he knew that he couldn't stay there forever, and he'd have to make sure not to anger Kieara's father - lest he ban her from ever seeing him again. She was already losing her dream, he wasn't going to let her lose a friend.

Kieara hugged him back glad for his company. She spoke. "You'll come see me again right?" she asked figuring he'd have to leave soon. She knew her father was already angry, and their 5 minutes at this time was probably the equivalent to her father's 5 hours.

"I'll do whatever it takes to. You have my word on it."
With that, Roderick rubbed Kieara's head, a gentle show of friendliness towards her. At this point, he was holding her close, just trying to reassure her that he was going to be there whenever he could. After all, it wasn't as if he had much choice - he'd promised, and he tried to keep promises when he could. Irrespective of this, though, he was also suspecting that Kieara's father would be up at any minute, and would order him out.

Kieara smiled then frowned again as she heard her father's footsteps. The man opened the door and leaned on the frame. "Was coming to check on things. It was awfully quiet up here." he spoke to them both.

((I'm sorry for taking so long, but we're just going in circles with this. We need something to happen.))
"I'm sorry. I assure you, though, Kieara is fine."
Roderick looked towards Kieara's father, showing little in the way of a reaction, and awaited a response. He was not expecting a pleasant one, but he waited nonetheless.

"yes she is, did you come and do what you needed?" he asked him wanting him out of his house as soon as possible. She frowned and remained silent as her faather awaited a response.

((I thought that he was gonna take her to a competition or run off with her or something.))