Yokai Academy: New Term

Status
Not open for further replies.
"First you call it pretty and now you want to touch it...? No. Listen, it's nothing personal, this sword... it's just too important. When we get to campus we can run some drills and see what ya know. Depending on how well you do we can go from there." His voice trailed slightly off at the end. If she didn't turn out to be a natural he probably wouldn't waste too much time on her.

Turning to the blindfolded man, Murasame studied him for a moment. Peaking over the seat, he noticed Mazon's grip shift on his cane. He waited a minute before he replied. "Well, I've carried this blade with me practically since I've learned how to walk. It's only natural that I know how to use it. What about you? Are you familiar with any arms?" He inquired.

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Soteria pouted when Murasame denied her then she shrugs suddenly determined to show him her skills. "Ok then Ill show you what Ive got when we get there Mr. Stabby" her voice was teasing at the last part. Turning back to Mazon she smiles at him blushing lightly at his compliment of her voice "Oh umm thank you...Im sorry you cant see, but hey you probably have better hearing than anyone here so thats a plus?" her voice is upbeat but sympathetic.

Soteria tilts her head thinking for a moment "Hmm, what if you felt me? My face that is, any lower then my neck and you'll be getting a slap big guy"

Tekem gave a startled shout when he discovered that his cool temperature was freezing Yukiko. He couldn't turn off the trembling cold for her, but he shrugged off his school jacket and offered it to her with a bow of apology. "I am very sorry."

• Love
The boy seemed a little apologetic about the temperature. He offered her his jacket.

"O-Oh... Thank... you... You are... very... kind..."

Yuki took the jacket and curled herself up in it. She definitely felt warmer. Feeling a bit uncomfortable sitting upright, she leaned on the boy's shoulder. It felt a bit cooler, but it was nice to have something to rest her head on.

"You feel cool... I'm not incon...veniencing you by... by taking your jacket, am... I?

Mary cocked her head as the blonde boy spoke, blinking a few times as she tried to keep up with his speaking. This was her first true conversation with an Earth Being, and she was surprised at how fast they could prattle off words. She had missed a few of the words he spoke, so she focused on analyzing the words she did hear. She stared blankly at the boy as she contemplated. Deer? Why was he calling me an animal? Suitz, what form am I in right now? The suit began to speak to Mary. Scanning..........your current form is human Master. Would you like more details? No, that will be all. Well, I guess I'll move on. The rest of his sentence said something about not being lovers and then posed a question on whether I understood what term means. Finally Mary's eyes focused on the boy and she began to speak. "I be knowing what term means. We be schooling for a 'term'." She frowned. "But I don't be understooding why we not be lovers..." Mary turned her body forward, unsure of how to proceed. She couldn't properly research these beings if they wouldn't even be her friend.

She needed to observe more. Mary grabbed the back of the seat in front of her and pulled herself up. She peeped over to watch the interaction between squishy girl and cool ponytail man. The male took his jacket off and handed it to the squishy girl. He used the word 'sorry'. Yes, Mary remembered that word from watching human entertainment. The squishy girl took the jacket and then leaned on the boy's shoulder. Determination returned to Mary's eyes as she sat back in her seat. She began to unbutton her school jacket. Suitz, shed the layer that is forming the jacket. Start internal clock. We'll need to reconnect the detachment in less than an hour. It would take Earth weeks to regrow this section if it died. The suit creature made no sound as the jacket slid off Mary's form. She held it out to her bus companion. "I be sorry." Mary then pat her shoulder, inviting the boy to place his head there. "Now we be lovers, yes?"

How could someone be so unaware of these circumstances! It made no sense. She "No! That is not what the word 'term' mea... Well yes that is one definition of the word 'term' but i was refering to the other definition." Lest held his head in pain. Suddenly the girl handed him her jacket and apologized. What was she doing? "No, we are not lovers now. There is one key element that is missing, and that would be love. I do not love you, nor will I ever. Even if I would at some point, we only just met. We would need to get to know each other better... I should not have said that." As soon as those words left his mouth, he held his head in pain once more, realizing just what he had just done. 'She is never going to leave my side now, is she...'

Last edited:
It was strange: the fluttering sensation in his stomach as Yukiko continued to rest her head against him. Tekem had never felt this way; he was warm, almost hot -- but he didn't feel worse for the wear. He had to wonder if he was coming down with sickness when Yukiko reeled his attention. "I am cool," he explained. "Like frozen tundra. Very natural." There was a hint of pride as he spoke about his glacial resistance. "You are feeling better?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Reanimator Buns
Mary's brow furrowed in concentration and frustration as she reattached the jacket to her suit. There are multiple meanings for words?! What kind of crazy language is this? These beings need to learn telepathy, then this sort of confusion wouldn't happen. The boy began his speech about love, and Mary did her best to follow along. Love....love......oh! She knew there was a reason lover came to mind earlier. In all of the Earth shows she'd watched, love was always a factor in it, in one form or another. Through her research, she had deduced that 'love' was the primal instinct to mate. Mary made a mental note not to mix that up again.

Noticing that the boy was holding his head, Mary rubbed his blonde hair to try and comfort him. "Of course you not love me yet. We not be having beach episode. I be a 'knock-in' when I be having my showering suit on." Mary nodded, proud of herself for remembering her research so well. With the pause in dialogue, Mary looked to the other pairs to see if there was more for her to learn. Horny man and purple-eyed lady were talking to each calmly. It seemed like the normal conversation that Mary had already researched. She had heard the normal girl offer for the cloth man to touch her face and Mary's eyebrow rose in confusion. Touching faces...is that some kind of bonding exercise? She returned her attention to the blonde boy. His reactions weren't like the other males. He seemed more distance, like talking with her was a nuisance. But Mary wasn't going to give up. This being was going to be the hardest to research, but she had to learn all she could for her people. So the Earthling wanted to get to know her better? So be it. Mary reached for the boy's hands, and if he didn't react in time, she would place them on her face. Though her suit covered her face, she would still be able to feel his fingers on her antenna. She would try as hard as she could to stifle laughter, her shoulders shaking lightly, as the boy would unintentionally be tickling her.

'Someone, is... Is she?... Rubbing my head?... Guh... I knew I was going to meet people I wish I hadn't, but I feel this is more of a worse case scenario..."

"No there will be no beach. I dislike it. The sand gets everywhere. It creates such a mess." Lest had never liked the beach, not even as a kid.

I noticed the girl moving my hand.
"What, are you doing?" The girl gingerly placed my hand upon her face. This was a bit... Confusing. Why did she choose to sit beside me. More so, of all people to decide to be here so called, 'lover'. He thought he was making it perfectly clear he was not interested.

"I do not understand, why you are so adamantly trying to convince me to be your lover. It makes no sense. After all, I have told you plenty of times, I have no such wish for us to be lovers." His hand was still on her face. "Would you release my hand?"

--------------------​

Yukiko felt her neighbor get warmer. It helped. Tekem asked if she was feeling better. It took her a while to respond though.

"Yes... You feel... warmer... Why do you feel so... warm... suddenly"

Yuki had never really thought of their current situation with a relationship in mind. All she knew was that she was comfortable. She had no idea how flustered this was making Tekem.

Soteria had offered to let Mazon touch her face. He just couldn't help but to feel a little awkward sitting behind them after hearing that."Ehehe..." Murasame forced a laugh in an effort to diffuse the situation. It was a sweet, albeit weird gesture of kindness on Soteria's part so Murasame couldn't say anything about it. After a very brief moment of thought, it would probably be best for him to leave the scene. He certainly didn't want to make Mazon feel uneased, hopefully the blind man would see it that way too.

"I'll just let you guys do... erm.... that. 'Sides, I still gotta go get everybody else's names..." He said as he quickly rose from his seat dipping his head in a small bow before putting a few seats distance between the two. In his eagerness to escape, he had forgotten his small bag containing a single spare uniform and his self maintenance gear under his seat. 'Maybe leaving wasn't such a good idea.' He thought to himself. He must have looked horrible! That Soteria girl called him cute, the blindman introduced himself and the half the reason he left was because she was trying to be nice. He prayed he didn't come off as too much of a jerk.

Murasame walked down the aisle looking downward in embarrassment and sat behind the closest two people, Mary and the blonde boy. Upon sitting down he quickly gazed over his shoulder at Soteria and Mazon for a moment as he returned his blade to its sheath.

"Hey I don't think I got your na-" As he looked forward to introduce himself to the blonde, he abruptly stopped once he noticed what was going on. He was touching Mary's face! 'What the hell is going on? Is there something about faces I'm not getting?'

"Ermm... I'm sorry..." He said as a rose again and gave the two a slight nod. Practically running, he advanced another two seats forward. The next two closest to him were a pony tailed boy and the 'squishy' girl. After making an effort to make sure there was no face touching going on, he passed the two by when he noticed she was cuddling him and wearing his jacket.

The last two in the bus were Drayce and a blue haired girl. Sitting in the seat behind them, he took a breath in an attempt to recompose himself. He really hoped all the bus rides would not be like this.

"I hope I'm not interrupting," he started "But I don't think I...I..." What was he saying? He couldn't remember. There was something about her, something familiar yet foreign. Looking into her eyes, he felt a strange sensation. It was a taint, an unholy aura but it didn't feel malicious but rather benign. It had to be that of a demon, and a powerful one at that, but yet there had to be something more. It was clear to him that she was on a completely different level than he. Being a lesser demon himself, Murasame could feel her demonic presence, but could she feel his presence as weak as it was?

Words bubbled up in the back of his mind, Murasame shook his head and gathered his thoughts.
"I-I'm sorry... I spaced out there for a second. I meant to say that I don't think we've been introduced." He said to the girl.

'Ugh... I really hope all bus rides aren't like this...' He muttered in the back of his mind.

• Love
Sarah was waiting at the bus stop -- or, more accurately, next to a fountain near said bus stop. "Stupid heat," she mumbled to herself as she wiped a few beads of sweat off her face. "I should've brought a parasol with me." She hoped that the bus wouldn't take too long to arrive. Well, at least she had a good constant source of water, so there was that. Still, if this was a sign of things to come, the heat would be sweltering later on. She really hoped that the bus that would bring her to Yokai Academy would have air conditioning. Speaking of the bus; shouldn't it be here by now?

The sprite turned around when she heard the sound of a bus approaching. Ah, there it comes. ...Wait, why isn't it slowing down? Oh, crap, I'm not at the bus stop, so they must think there's nobody there! Realizing her predicament, Sarah jumped up and ran towards the bus stop, water sloshing around in the bottle on her back with each step she took. Too bad for her, the bus arrived and went past the stop before Sarah could get back at it, forcing her to double her step and run after the speeding bus itself. "Wait!", she yelled, waving at the bus in an attempt to get the attention of the driver. "Wait for me!"

• Love
Mary held the boy's hand to her face as he spoke, her cheeks slightly puffed out as she held in her laughter. Her eye antenna were the most sensitive part of her body, and having someone touch them for so long was borderline painful. However, she held out, hoping that this bonding exercise would change the boy's mind. Finally, when the boy told Mary to let go of his hand, she complied. Her eyes fell to the seat. All her attempts to connect to this being weren't working, and she wasn't sure what to do. Sure, there were other beings to interact with, but they had seemed openly happy to talk with her anytime. Not to mention they were all busy with their own conversations. All she had wanted was to ensure that the Earthling beside her would continue to interact with her in the future. However, even Mary could tell the boy wasn't having fun. She turned her body away from the boy, placing her legs in the aisle. "I be understooding. I only be wanting to possess fun." She paused when she realized she didn't even know the Earth being's name. "I be at least knowing your name? So I can be avoiding you on the future." Mary was taking her failure harder than usual. At this rate she wouldn't have any relevant data to report to her homeworld. Mary's head hung low as she quietly spoke to herself. "I be hating sand too. Hot it is."

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
"Of course, of course. My name is Lest Craington. Well will be meeting again if we are indeed in the same year though." Unfortuantly. Lest watched as the girl walked off looking defeated. He did not feel bad. After all, if she had just listened to him in the first place she would have understood that she had absolutly no chance, thus there would have been no hope to be crushed. "That went better than I expected." I leaned up in my seat and recline, now that I had the room. As long as no one bothered him for the remainder of the ride, he should be just fine

Gripping on his backpack handle, Yuki hummed quietly as he made his way to the bus stop. It was the warlock's 2nd year of attending Yokai Academy and he must say; he was pretty excited. It was better than being at home where he was going to be mistreated--although at school, there wasn't much difference. Yuki sighed, his lips thinned in a fine line. "Maybe if I was in a higher rank, then people wouldn't look down on me..." He mumbled, before reaching to his specific destination. It was somewhat crowded, as there was many students wearing the uniform he saw at the school campus. Looks like I'll see them around..

Right on cue, the bus arrived and the crowd of student piled up in a disorganized line to get on the bus. He couldn't help but grin discreetly; last year he missed the transportation and had to walk to school but now; he was right on time. Yuki then looked around to find an empty spot, a little worried that he might have to stand up during the ride if all of the seats were taken. Then, a figure caught his eye's attention, as he saw him sitting alone.

Cautiously, Yuki walked over to the blonde stranger. "Excuse me, is this seat taken?" He asked.

Last edited:
  • Love
Apparently nobody in the bus had noticed Sarah at all, forcing her to keep chasing it. As hard as she tried though, it was nigh-impossible to keep up with it. It has to stop again soon, right? Please let there be someone at the next stop. As luck would have it, there was indeed someone at the next stop, allowing the young sprite to catch up with the stupid bus. Just before the doors closed, Sarah leapt into the bus, probably scaring anyone who might've been in the front few seats. "I... Made it...," she gasped whilst still sitting on the floor, breathing too heavily to form a normal sentence. Forcing herself up, she stumbled deeper into the bus, searching for an empty seat. Well, there goes my first impression...

• Love
Mary heard something faintly behind her. Her ears perked up as she realized that she needed to turn around to hear him. This whole 'not being able to speak through her mind' thing was getting a bit problematic. Mary turned her head just at the boy was saying his name. Less? What an odd name. Mary fully turned to the boy to hear him say that they would meet again. Mary's eyes brightened. "Yes! We be meeting again! We be making much memories. Be viewing you later Less!" Mary passed another Earth being as she searched for someone else to interact with. Most of the seats were filling up, and all of the students seemed already deep in conversation. Mary pouted slightly as she sat alone near the front of the bus. So much for my research. As if on cue, a girl flopped onto the bus, startling Mary. The newcomer stood up after catching her breath and almost passed Mary by. Mary grabbed for the new girl's hand as she passed. "Sits by me you should! Tons of friendliness I have! Friends of the bestest we shall be!" Mary, still holding the girl's hand if she had successfully grabbed it, scooted towards the window to make room for her possible new friend. Alright, try number two. Don't screw this up.

Sapphire noticed Murasame sit behind her and Drayce he looked uncomfortable and uneasy, she frowns noticing his smaller demonic aura, So he's a demon too....Lower class but a full one, I wonder if he notices my aura. As he starts speaking to her she smiles brightly turning in her seat slightly to face him her purple/red eyes friendly. "Hello, thats okay I tend to do that too. My name is Sapphire Drake or Fire for short, nice to meet you Murasame" she holds out her hand for him to shake her voice smooth and upbeat curious of what kind of demon this boy could be. Suddenly unable to resist asking she tilts her head curiously at him "I hope you dont mind me asking but what kind of monster are you? I can sense your somewhat similiar to me" her voice is quiet so none but Drayce hear

Lest was enjoying having the seat empty. He was so relieved that Mary was gone that he was not really paying attention, when the other student asked if the seat was taken. More to himself than the other person he spoke. "No... No it's empty. And I thank God for that." The way he said it, it sounded more like an awkward invitation to sit, as opossed to him enjoying his solitude. He never realized what he had just done until it was too late

• Love
He grinned, actually relieved that the seat was open. It would have been embarrassing if the individual was saving it for someone and declined him. "Thanks," Yuki said, giving a brief nod. The ice warlock then sat down as the bus starting to move again. Now that he looked at him more, the student, or he assumed, seemed to be foreign. His accent sounded different than the others; and especially the exotic hair color. He stared down at his feet for a second, before starting a conversation in hope to make new friends, "So, are you excited for school this year?" He blurted, turning to face the stranger. Yuki waited for a reply as the chatterings from other people in the bus filled the silence between them.

Last edited:
  • Love
N-No Wait! huh... So much for the seat being empty. Well so long as he doesn't try to start a...

Too late. The boy had started talking to him

"In all honesty, no. I enjoy my free time. It is rather unfortunate that I must go to this school right now. Besides, the subject we learn make us supress our powers. I, however, enjoy embracing them. Of course I would never harm any one without good reason, but some practice does help, Especially considering the kind of "Yokai" I am. I am often not even considered one really."

Status
Not open for further replies.