Yokai Academy: New Term

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oraaa..." Murasame sighed. "If you can sense what I think you do, then you already know what kind I am... Why do ya need to ask? As per what kind I am, like I told that Soteria girl, I ment what I said 'bout bein' the demon blade..." He said as he tilted his head gesturing toward the sword hung behind his shoulder. His voice seemed slightly annoyed. He honestly couldn't tell if the question was some elaborate way of making fun of him.

The boy reached out and shook her hand. "...Anyways, Sapphire eh? Can I call ya Saph? I think it suits you more than Fire, but that's just me."

Two more people got on the bus, one just making it by the skin of her teeth as the door closed. As the girl got closer, Murasame spoke up.

"Oi, you can sit here if ya like... Heh, looks like you just got done running a marathon. Are you feelin okay?" He said to her.

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Slightly taken back from the student's elouqent speaking, he tried to absorb what he was saying and nodded at few of his sentences. Yuki gave a light chuckle, "Yeah, it sucks how we have to go back to school; if only summer vacation lasted longer," Yuki grazed his pale, cold hands before continuing, "Imagine all of the unecessary homework pile that is going to be put on us!" He joked, knowing that it wasn't really funny. He then cocked his head, "Why aren't you considered as a Yokai? You look like one too me.." I think. Hopefully he didn't say anything stupid to offend the boy or anything.

Last edited:
"Oh be realistic now. None of us look like Yokai at the moment. We are all in our human forms.' Lest pointed at the Blindfolded boy and the girl next to him. "See those two? If it weren't for the fact that they were on this bus neither of us would be able to tell that they are Yokai. If we all walked around in our monster forms, you'd think I was human. That might be one reason why I might not be considered on. I am stuck in limbo, between human and monster. But that does not bother me. I am perfectly happy with the powers that I have been granted."

Sapphire frowns at his annoyed tone, she hopes she didnt offend him she was just generally curious. "Ah I see...I didnt mean to offend you by asking I was just curious, I havent been around a lot of others monsters so I like getting know them while I can" her voice is polite but suddenly nervous. She smiles slightly at the new nickname "Saph huh? I like it. People started calling me Fire for my-" she suddenly stops realizing she almost told him her odd power. Sapphire looks down wondering if she should tell him or not, she didnt want to be critized or made fun of for being a half breed.

He pursed his lips, tightening it before nodding shyly. Yuki felt dumb from his lack of knowledge; he was in his second year at Yokai Academy but yet, he still didn't know anything. But then, the humilation quickly gone away as he replaced his frown with a sheepish smile, "Oh...of course," He answered, his cheeks slightly tinted pink. He then listened to the stranger ramble on, "Hmm, now that you mention about it; what are you?" Yuki asked, actually curious from his ability, "Like, you know; in case you wanted to know, I'm an ice warlock!" He chirped, giving a toothy grin. To demonstrate, he decided to channel his power from his palm and pull off a small icy trick. But few seconds later when he was chanting spells quietly, only a snow-flake appeared and fell on his palm, dispersing quickly. Yuki blinked, "Well..I still need more practice," He chuckled nervously, "But I'm getting there."

"Really now? A warlock? Well things could get interesting." Lest grabbed the cloth covered stick by his side and gently tapped the small amount of water that remained from the flake. The water formed into an icicle in his neighbors hand. Then he raised his rod, causing the icicle to rise as well, as a small amount of snow began swirling around it. It grew into a baseball sized chunk of ice. Then he snapped his fingers and the ball was consumed in a small, rapid flame that quickly caused the chunk of ice to melt and evaporate, yet it was contained well enough to prevent anything around from being affected. "I am Lest. it is a pleasure to meet you."

Yuki watched in amazement as his neighbor worked his magic; forming an icicle on the middle of his palm. It was like a mini Winter Wonderland, now that there was snow falling from mid air. Then, right on cue, he snapped his finger and just like that; a small flame melted the ice. He then introduced himself coolly, acting as if nothing happened. He gawked at the stranger who called himself Lest. "..That.." His eyes widened in glee, "That was amazing!" He exclaimed, his mouth still slightly open from shock. "How did you do that!?"

Well then. At least two 'people' din't think she was an idiot. It was a start, if nothing else. Of course, this did give birth to another dilemma; which one should she sit next to? The somewhat crazy person who had took hold of her hand, or the one who had actually noticed the fact that she was nigh-exhausted due to having to chase the stupid bus in the stupid heat - and was carring a large sword. That was a strong argument too. Doing both wasn't exactly an option; Unlike some other Yokai, she wasn't able to physically split herself in two -- Heck, even if she could, it would likely be one of those things she wouldn't be able to get away with. Choices, choices...

...Well, Ms. Slightly Crazy seemed to be inviting enough, actually moving to the side for her and whatnot -- not to mention that, during this, Slightly Crazy never let go of Sarah's hand, causing her to be pretty much dragged onto the seat, wrong way around. Not that Sarah minded all that much about being forced to sit down; as things were now, all she wanted to do was sit down and guzzle down a good amount of water. Not wanting to be rude to Sword-guy though, Sarah made sure to let him know that she did hear him. "Yeah... I missed the bus at the previous stop. Feels like I ran all across town to catch up with it. The stupid sun didn't help too," she answered, again wiping some sweat off her face whilst mutering something about parasols, sunblock and bigger bottles.

The sprite then turned sideways to face Ms. Slightly Crazy, careful to not break hand contact first. "Uhm... Can you please let go of my hand for a bit so that I can turn around? I mean uhm, it's not that I don't like you, or think that we can't be friends or anything. It's just that this position is not all that safe in a driving verhicle. Or comfortable, for that matter. ...The name's Sarah, by the way. How about yours?" She then turned her head back and forth between Sword-guy and Slightly Crazy, waiting for an answer of either one of them.

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
"I have spent nearly my entire life training. That is why I am annoyed about having to go to this school. We are not permited to use our powers. I would be happy to help you with some magic if you would like."

As Lest finished his sentence, the bus entered a tunnel. Around them swirled many colors. Lest felt a little light headed... They were currently being transported to their new school. Soon after they exited the tunnel to find themselves driving beside a cliff. One the cliff side was an almost endless red sea. On the other side one could see the school, shrouded by dead, barren trees. The bus stopped at a small pathway that lead up to the school.

"Alrigth everyone. Have a nice Year. Hehehehe..."

The busdriver spoke up as students left the bus. "Well. It seems we have arrived at our location." Lest stood up. "Shall we be on our way, Mister... I apologize, I do not think I ever got your name."

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Just as he spoke, Mary grabbed the newcome by the hand. He couldn't help but grin when he noticed her predicament, however it would be a lie to say he wasn't curious on what Mary would do next.
"Name's Murasame." He said to the newcomer. "And Saph... Don't worry about it." Murasame didn't really care that she didn't finish her thought. If there was something she didn't want to say then he wouldn't make her say it.

Murasame tapped his foot impatiently. He was tired of sitting here doing nothing, the word "idle" was not in his vocabulary. As nice as the people he talked to on the bus were, he was just getting an unbearable itch to do something, to do anything. It was all to welcome a sight when the bus passed through the tunnel. His body tensed in anticipation of being able to get up and move. 'C'mon Marusame... Just hold on for one more minute, you're almost there...'

As the bus came to a stop Marusame was actively resisting the urge to get up and run to the door. Just as any other sentient object, he was a being created from a single desire. His desire was to stop doing nothing, and that desire defined him. His idea of relaxing were things like training or studying, as far as he was concerned to do nothing was not to live.

"Finally!" He gleefully shouted as the bus ceased motion. Just as soon as the door swung open, Marusame was already out of his seat and gently shoving his way to the door in an effort to be the first one out.
Upon exiting the bus, Murasame inhaled and exhaled deeply. He had forgotten his bag on the bus behind Soteria, but that was the furthest thing from his mind right now. Taking a moment to look at his before he laughing.

"Ah-ha-ha! Dead trees, cliff side view of a deep red ocean and a distant building! Just like she described!" On the surface he seemed excited to get to school but in reality he was just excited he was about to do something.

Turning, he shouted with entirely too much zeal at the others still stumbling out of the bus.

"C'mon! Last one there's a human!" and as he spoke he started making his way up the path.

Sapphire was happy Murasame let it go, she wasnt quite ready to reveal her "Power" yet. Seeing the newcomer she waves at her giving her a friendly smile before looking at the window at the swirls of colors excited to see her new school, curious of what a monster academy would look like. Once out of the tunnel she looks around intrigued and surprised at the landscape but loving it already. She laughs softly at Murasame's actions finding him very amusing, its like he has ADD on steroids. Sapphire walks off the bus taking in the sights and stretching her muscles, the sea is beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeing the bright colors Soteria frowns wondering if maybe it was a light show of some sort. Seeing the new girl and guy she waves at them cheerfully. Once out of the tunnel she lets out a soft gasp her eyes wide. What the? The sea is red??! Theres dead trees? What kind of school is this?!. Suddenly feeling panicked and confused she hurries off the bus looking around frantically her breath coming quickly. She tries to calm herself down not wanting the others to think something is wrong....She didnt know what exactly they were here for but this wasnt a regular school, THAT she knew.

As the color of lights dissolved into red waters and dark trees, Tekem was filled with a rising excitement. It was an astonishing sight, and it would be his home for a term. The golem didn't know if he was more scared or excited. He nudged Yuki gently, halting their previous conversation as he tapped the glass and pointed towards the academy coming into view. "We are here." The ice golem studied the school with nervous smile. As the bus came to an official stop and students started to file out onto the grounds, Tekem offered his hand out to the girl next to him. "Let us go outside."

Serra had kept to herself for the most part, not that she was not excited to meet people and make friends, in fact that was the opposite of what she wanted. She had to resist butting into everything that was going on around her. She could feel herself shifting constantly to those around her due to her unique gift.

Her eyes however lite up at seeing the school. First thing was first; she needed to get settled into the school, she was unsure if she had a roommate even. She honestly had no idea what was going to happen. She had not packed much, coming from where she did, there was no real reason to. She twirled her pink hair again as she ponded the school. She wished there were maps at the school so she would not get lost, a club sounded like her first step towards friends. Classmates it would depend, for some reason she suspected that class would not be taken seriously considering their…disposition.

Looking around at those in the area it was hard to believe it though. They were in one way or another some form of being that was otherworldly. Sure she did not seem to be that special but some of these people could honestly be anything. She twiddled her thumbs in front of her, looking down at them she then started to wonder…so…how was everyone going to remain safe. Some of these creatures had to be…well more of the violent type. Not everyone was part nymph, angel, or fairy.

The school probably handled that.

She shifted again and sat closer to the seat…waiting for the bus to get to the gates…wondering what it held for her and the others.

Mary was happy as the girl she held seemed to pick her over the sword boy. The girl seemed to address sword boy before turning her attention to Mary. Mary's eyes widened in anticipation. The girl asked Mary to let go of her hand, and the alien complied. She was about to feel dejected until the girl named Sarah explained that it was just to turn around. Mary nodded energetically. "Yes yes. Turnings around be of the importantest when seated in vessels. You will being of the dead should vessel quit sudden of all. I be Mary Sue Smith. It is the nicest of events to be meeting you." After saying this, the bus began its journey through a colorful tunnel. Mary placed her hands on her eyes, squinting them shut. To most, this sight was breathtaking. However, Mary's eyes weren't made to view such random flashing, and she yelled in her mind. Gah! So bright! Are they trying to blind me?! She heard a small hum near her hears. I am detecting no creature in the vicinity that is trying to harm you Master. Would you like me to enter battle mode regardless? Mary sighed inwardly. No Suitz, I'm fine. Could you just bump up the light filter? A beep sounded. Light filter levels have been increased to 60%. Will that be all Master? Mary opened her eyes and let her hands fall to her lap. The bus had already made it out of the tunnel, but the extra protection from the sun was appreciated. Thank you Suitz. That will be all.

As the bus slowly came to a halt, Mary jumped up from her seat. She looked to Sarah and began jumping up and down in place. "We be here! Are you not of the excitement?!" Mary took a moment to watch as the other students got off the bus. There didn't seem to be any custom for leaving, which was good. Mary was having a hard time concentrating she was so ecstatic. However, she needed to wait for Sarah to depart before she could get off the bus herself. Looking for something to distract herself, Mary noticed a pink-haired girl still sitting down. Mary lifted her hand above her head, giving an exaggerated wave. "Pinky! Pinky! We be here! School is of the starting!" Mary turned her attention back to Sarah. Whenever Sarah decided to leave the bus, Mary would follow close behind.

"O...kay? Nice meeting you too, Mary." Well now. Ms. Slightly Crazy -- Or Mary Sue Smith, apparently -- had a very interesting way of speaking, to say the least. It sounded a bit like the girl knew the basid language, but had no idea what proper grammar was. Well, at least Sarah could understand what Mary meant, even if it took a bit of effort at times. Plus, she seemed like a nice person, which is a fairly important character trait too. Yeah, it looked like the two of them could become very good friends. Or if that failed, she'd still have someone to play pranks on.

Sarah turned around in her seat -- making sure to move her water bottle around in the process so that it wouldn't be pinned in between her and the seat. It had happened to her once before. To put it mildly, her back didn't like it. At all. Taking what she thought was a calm moment, the Sprite opened her water bottle to take a quick, welcome drink. However, just when she did that, the world decided that now was a good time to explode into many, many colors. Surprised by the sudden change in reality, what was intended to be a small sip instead became quite a large one. If anyone was looking, they might wonder how Sarah was able to keep drinking without having to take a breath.

Shorlty afterwards, the colors faded and the world beyond the tunnel came into sight. The fact that the bus was apparently so close to its destination when Sarah had managed to get on frustrated her to no end, as it meant that it would've likely been easier to have just walked to the school. Of course, this point was moot if she'd just waited at the bus stop itself instead of a small distance away from it, but one should not linger on small details like that.
...Or, if Mary had anything to say about it, one should not linger about anything, period. That girl sure was 'of the excitement', to say the least! After making a quick note to not give Mary any sugar unless it would be funny, Sarah stood up herself too. "Well then, let's go, shall we?", she said to the girl next to her.

• Love
The tunnel was rather... Mysterious... Yukiko, merely watched in amazement as she laid her head on Tekem. Soon they passed through the portal though, and they were outside once more. The read sea was a new sight to her, though. After spending your life in blue to brownish green, you get used to it. "Yes Lets... Head outside..." That was odd... Her reaction was much faster than usual... This had never happened. Always had she been aloof, and slow to respond, but she was able to process his words, much faster. She had only done this with Renji, back home. "How... Odd..."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Murasame was disappointed by the pace of the others, he was raring to go and they seemed to be dragging their feet. He had already put a good deal of distance between himself and the others, groaning he turned around to see what the others were doing. Noticing that both Sapphire and Soteria had already gotten off, Murasame started calling to them as he approached.

"Ora, C'mon! What are you waiting fo-" Upon seeing Soteria noticeably shaken he stopped abruptly. His expression and attitude changed from impatient to concerned almost instantaneously. "Whoa... Sote, is everything alright? You look worse than an imp in a chapel... Do you not like the campus or something? To be honest, I was expecting a graveyard. The red sea is a nice touch I suppose..." By the tone of his voice, it was clear he was being serious about the graveyard thing and not in the least bit surprised about the campus aesthetics. "What about you Saph? I know we don't have a very good view of the actual school from here, but is this everything that you were expecting?" He spoke with a smile in hopes to ease Soteria at least a little bit.

• Love
Soteria looked up at Murasame's voice noticing he was talking to her she rubs her arm in a nervous gesture unsure of how to respond to him. When she hears his comment on a graveyard and hearing that he wasnt kidding or teasing she starts to panic even more, What the hell? He's serious?! What kind of school is this? Some kind of goth school that supports creepy/scary themes?! She takes a deep breathe facing Murasame she smiles halfheartedly trying to act as normal as she could but her eyes still showed her worry and slight panic "I uh ya im fine...Just surprised I guess....This is different than what im use to....I-It's very uh...Demonic. The campus is fine...Guess being home schooled is catching up with me" her voice is nervous trying to be light at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sapphire smiles at Murasame nodding she looks around and toward the school her heightened eye sight allowing her to see it fairly clearly.
"Ya I expected something like this if not similar, its very homey in a way I think the red sea its beautiful and quite unique. I hope the rest of the school is this exciting!" her voice is upbeat as she sees some other students exiting the bus including the very...energetic Mary. Thinking about her earlier entrance she cant help but smile big finding her very interesting and amusing, though all of her classmates seem interesting and somewhat amusing so far. Sapphire notices Soteria's odd behavior and tilts her head slightly wondering what could be wrong, maybe she was getting nervous?

• Love
Reactions: Neobullseye
"Eh...? Demonic...?" He stopped and just stared at Soteria for a moment. "No no, there isn't enough sigils, symbols or skulls for that... What did they teach you at homeschooling?" Murasame sighed slightly.

"Anyways, I'm getting more of a 'Purgatory meets Land of the Dead' feel." His tone was nonchalant, almost as if he spoke like that regularly. Despite her efforts to hide it, Murasame couldn't help but notice that Soteria still seemed visibly frightened. The way she appeared frightened and then attempted to conceal it... It was all so genuine. It must be acting, it had to be. Murasame contemplated for a moment, should he press her on this? No, no, this was a school for learning how to be and act human, and this girl was already miles ahead of him! The most appropriate response would probably be to play along with her act.

With a voice that carried the smallest tone of mockery. "Ora, Sote. If you're feeling nervous, don't be! Cuz I got your back, I won't let anything lay a finger on ya that you don't want to! Hehe!" He laughed with the brightest, most sincere smile he could muster as he lifted the blade off his back and held it high overhead. "So quit frettin' and let's go!" Once again bursting with energy he turned addressing the stragglers and shouted "And that goes double for the rest of ya!"

• Love
Sarah suggested that the two exit the bus, and Mary nodded vigorously. Since the bus had emptied out mostly, Mary was tempted to jump over the seat so she could exit faster. However, she still wasn't completely used to the gravity here on Earth, and she'd learned first-hand how badly things can go when you're used to less gravity. So the alien waited for Sarah to make her way out the door before jumping out herself. She jogged closer to the red sea and stared out, a hand held up to cover the sun. "Wooooooooooaaaaah! Does big water be made of human liquid?" Mary turned to the sword guy and the two girls near him. "Much humans are being deceased to make such big water." Mary heard the sword guy begin to speak, and she heard something about 'laying fingers'. Upon him yelling something to the others, Mary rushed to the brunette and placed her hands on the girl's face. "Like this, yes?" The blonde boy had only let her keep his hands on her face for about thirty seconds. So Mary counted to thirty in her head before letting her hands drop to her side. Mary turned towards the school, jumping in place in anticipation for the events to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.