Yokai Academy: New Term

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Soteria could respond to Murasames disturbing and somewhat comforting (In a odd way) words her face is being touched by the extremely hyper and obviously foreign Mary. Stunned by the sudden intrusion she blinks frowning "What was that for Mary? Like what?" Soteria was extremely confused by not only Mary's "touching" but Murasames words. He thinks this is normal....He actually WANTS more scary things. I dont mind skulls or scary stuff but why was it a part of this school?? And why is the sea red?! "Uhhh ya lets start heading to the school....I wonder if we have roommates here" if so she hopes she gets a nice roommate, and maybe a little more normal.....These guys were nice but she had no idea what was going on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprised for a moment at Mary's actions Sapphire busts out laughing obviously the girl thought touching faces meant something. "Mary....I...Think...You've got the wrong idea....With touching faces" shes laughing in between her words unable to stop herself. She laughs even harder at Soteria's reaction but not mockingly.

As she left the bus, Sarah overheard a part of Soteria's and Murasame's conversation. Apparently the girl had no idea how the school looked like, or at the very least was unpleasantly surprised by the way it did. This confused Sarah; how would anyone manage to write themselves up for a boarding school without knowing what it looked like? Meh, whatever, there were othe, more important things on Sarah's head right now. Like getting out of the way of Mary leaping out of the bus, for starters!

The sprite followed Mary to the cliffside view of the crimson sea. Mary, being her ever-energetic self, seemingly thought that the ocean was mate of human blood, and exclaimed said thought out loud. "Uhm, Mary? I don't think it's-"...And she was gone again. Seriously, whatever Mary was using, she should start selling it to people working nightshifts. Sarah shrugged and turned back to the ocean view, a smile appearing on her face. Now this was something she could use! Silently, she moved closer to the sea, trying her best to act as if she saw something. "Uhm... Is it just me, or-" She cut herself off, instead just pointing at the water surface. As if on cue, circles started to form on the water surface, betraying the fact that something was moving under the surface. Moments later, a large red blob shot up into the sky, holding steady in the air before moving down again and crashlanding right behind* Soteria with a loud splash, soaking the poor girl in crimson liquid. After a short pause, the fluids then started to collect themselves again, taking on a humanoid form. "What in the world...," Sarah muttered, acting as she has nothing to do with the scene and making sure to keep back any and all laughter.

((* That is to say, it lands behind Soteria if she doesn't move. If she turns around, the blob would instead land in front of her. And yes, It's Sarah who's responsible for all of this, if that wasn't obvious enough. ))

Last edited:
Before Soteria can take a step a sudden ball of crimson liquid dumps on her soaking her through, she gasps and sputters slightly shaking the water from her hair "What the?! Where did that come from?!". Looking behind her she see's the liquid start to take humanoid form letting out a very girly squeak she runs behind Murasame hiding behind him her hands on his arm as she peeks out at the...Thing. "Whats that?!" her emerald eyes are wide her voice surprised and startled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sapphire was just as surprised to see the orb of water dump on poor Soteria, trying to hold back her giggle she looks over at Sarah suspicious that she was the cause.

Reactions: Neobullseye
'N-not again...' As Mary touched Soteria's face, Murasame found himself at a loss for words. Again. Lowering the sword he had raised a moment ago to show off to Soteria, his face just screamed utter shock. 'W-was it because of what I said?' He waited there for the full thirty seconds until it ended, unsure if he should have stop her or done anything.
"Er-uhhh, Mary? Is that supposed to mean something...? The face touching I mean. It's just that... uhm, never mind..." He still felt himself incredibly awkward even talking to her after seeing that twice. Murasame didn't have much time to say anything else as his attention was forcibly redirected at the sound of a splash and Soteria squealing

No sooner had that happened, he found Soteria clinging to his arms as she put him between her and what ever that thing was. For a half moment, Murasame was scared. With Soteria clinging to his arms he could not use his weapon, but maybe that wasn't a bad thing in this scenario. After all, he didn't know what the thing was, nor what its intentions were. The last thing he wanted to do was injure another student who didn't mean any harm. Besides, if the thing actually meant to do harm, it probably would have done so by now seeing that Murasame's sword was wedged between his body and Soteria's.

He looked over his shoulder to Sapphire who seemed to be trying to suppress a giggle as she looked at Sarah... Nobody else besides himself and Soteria seemed worried, and upon this realization Murasame's body relaxed slightly. He still wasn't sure if he was being played or not, but any and all fright that he may have visibly expressed vanished.

"Ora, Sote... You can get off me now, I'm pretty sure someone is just having a giggle..." He said gazing sternly at Sapphire.

Soteria looked up at Murasame, A giggle? Was he blind?! Did he not see something forming from water?! Suddenly unsure of who she could trust or what was going on Soteria quickly backs away from Murasame. "W-what do you mean? Dont you see the water turning into something?! Y-your acting like thats normal!" In her panic Soteria doesnt realize she is backing up toward the cliff edge that sharply drops to the crimson water. Her foot slips on the edge gasping she tries to balance herself but starts falling back quickly toward the water.

Yukiko walked out of the bus, and began walking towards the group. However, she tripped over her shoe laces! which she forgotten to tie, and fell into the humanoid figure. By into, I mean she absorbed some of the water in her own body. The puddle began to shrink, and Yukiko looked around at the rest of the group.

"Hm... It was just water... I could have sworn there was a person... Well it was... good timing... I was feeling a bit... dry... Osmosis... certainly makes drinking... Convinient" Others were laughing, and Soteria seemed frightened.

"Hm?... Did I miss some...Thing?

Last edited:
Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Success! Soteria had totally and completely fallen for it. Although Sarah didn't quite get why the girl reacted in such an extreme fashion. Hasn't she seen things like this before? Or maybe she was just afraid of water for some reason. Well, whatever the cause was, it was really amusing, and Sarah had to really force herself to keep a straight face.

...That is to say, until the girl broke away from Murasame, stumbled backwards away from him and fell straight off the cliff. Whoops. That wasn't quite what Sarah meant to happen. Reacting on gut instinct -- and the fact that she was closest to Soteria, and likely had the best chance to prevent her from falling to her demise --, Sarah leapt off the cliff too. Okay, she only had one shot to do this. First things first, preventing the girl from making the already crimson sea even redder. Like a giant hand, several pillars of water shot out of the surface, closing themselves around Soteria -- Sarah made sure that the girl had an air bubble -- and gently slowing her down before starting to move up again, lifting the girl up towards the cliffside. Sarah, meanwhile, rode along on a single red stream, the lower half of her body hidden in the water.

A few moments later, the two both arrived at somewhat safer grounds. Or, well, at least it was solid ground. Meh, it was a start. Unsure about whether or not it would be a good idea to let an obviously panic-struck creature run around on her own, Sarah did not fully release her watery grip on Soteria, instead only freeing the girl's upper body. "Now... No more cliff-diving, okay? On that topic, you might want to look in front of you if you find yourself anywhere near cliffs."

Tekem was confused as he followed Yukiko off the bus. He barely caught a glimpse of Soteria falling over the edge when another girl dived after her -- was this a recreational thing, he wondered. It reminded him of a similar game from home, except it was from the top of a mountain and not a cliff, snow instead of water. He watched, curious, when the two girls surfed back onto land. Seeing the expression on Soteria's face made him rethink his previous thought.

"Not a game, yes?"

Murasame stared at Sapphire thinking her the culprit. So focused was he that he failed to notice Soteria stumble backwards and as the other girl emerged and seemingly absorbed the entity, Soteria fell off. Hearing Soteria, Murasame acted on reflex and rushed over to her as quickly as he could. Murasame was too far away to do anything before she fell, and now that she had, with him being unable to swim there was nothing he could do. Murasame felt usless as hell, his false body had no buoyancy and if he dropped his real body, he'd be stuck down there until he finally rusted away.

In the moment following Soteria's tumble, Sarah followed in pursuit. Some time passed, and the two girls were back on solid ground. Murasame was slightly confused, uncertain if either of the two girls were in any actual danger. He was sure Sapphire was responsible for the entity a moment ago, but after seeing what Sarah could do, he wasn't so sure anymore. He was confident that this was a joke of some sorts, but on who? He thought about it for a second, the joke had to be on him! There was no reason for Soteria to react like that; or anyone enrolled at the academy for that matter. To coordinate a joke of this magnitude in not even a bus ride? They must be pros! Assuming that this was the case, Murasame breathed a sigh of relief before bursting out laughing. Addressing the still partially restrained Soteria, he spoke.

"Ora! Brilliant Sote, that was the best human display I think I've ever seen, and I lived in a house with em!" He laughed again before nodding to Sarah "... And you, Sarah right? You're too good at that straight face. You'd give my mentor a run for her money in the 'jokes' department... Ya had me goin' there, I was sure that thing was Saph's doing. How'd ya do that anyways? Are you some kind of mermaid or something?"

His expression and posture were jovial, but in reality, Murasame was just trying to play off the prank gracefully and put it behind him as quickly as possible. This was shaping up to prove an interesting school year for him.

Lest walked off the bus. It seemed the others had been messing around since they had arrived. Lest followed, and called to the others. "Though I'd love to be the one to ruin the lighthearted mood, I must remind you that the school is expecting its students to be, on time. I will not force you to come. In fact, stay there the entire year! I'd enjoy that greatly." Lest walked down the path with the cloth covered stick twirling in his hand.

Soteria was completely stunned by the last few minutes events, first she falls from the cliff toward RED water, then she gets...Caught? By a pillar of water that Sarah created, during which she was inside the water but she could breathe, then Sarah seems to ride the water taking us back to safety. Upon which she sees everyone acting like it was all normal and SHE was the one acting weird. Murasames words only stunned her more, Acting?! Human?! Unable to move thanks to Sarah's water still encasing her lower body she just looks from person to person. "Y-your all m-monsters?! At the very least supernatural?! Y-you exist??? What kind of school is this?!!!" her voice is shocked her eyes wide.

"No." Murasame said flatly. "We all just have super powers alright?" Sarcasm dripped from his voice. At this point, he was become less and less amused as Soteria wouldn't let it go. It was abundantly clear that he wasn't taking her seriously, nor was he going to any time soon. She had already got him good, so why did she continue to push? He just didn't understand, that blonde kid was right though, they had probably best get moving.

"Well. Now that we've all had a laugh, you should seriously drop the act Sote. You know about the school's human policy right? I mean if it weren't impossible you would have had me convinced... Anyways I'm gonna get movin'." He tried his hardest to play off the joke off in hopes that they wouldn't get any desirable reaction out of him. The last thing he wanted was more practical jokes aimed at him. Slightly embarrassed, somewhat frustrated and still very confused, he started off after the blonde.

"Ora! Wait up!" He shouted out to him as he picked up his pace to catch up.

Welp, looks like she got busted anyway. Ah well, it couldn't be helped; after all, killing people does not make for good pranks (Animating the dead is a different story). Sarah did like the fact that she'd somehow managed to prank Muramase too, even if that wasn't the intention from the start. Of course, now that everyone knew about her abilities, she'd had to come up with something special to make sure she wouldn't be caught every single time. ...Mura did say that he had thought that 'Saph' was behind it. Maybe she could abuse this and get someone else to take the fall for her? Not that it really mattered all that much; even if she did get caught, it was the prank itself that matterd. As long as those kept succeeding, the rest didn't matter. Much.

As Murasame ran towards the school, Sarah shrugged and turned towards Soteria, still grinning and hyper from the perfect prank. "Alternatively, you could just be dreaming," she said to the girl. "Or maybe you've gone insane, and all of this is just your mind playing tricks on you. In which case I do have to say that you have a very good imaginaton. Hey, can you teach me some tricks sometime? Oh, wait, that'd mean that I would be a part of your imagination too, which would mean that I don't even exist. Still, if I AM part of your mind, then all you have to do to teach me stuff is to think about teaching me said stuff. Better yet, you can think about me learning it, and I would instantly know it! ...Of course, that'll have to wait until later; Like the other guy said, we should probably get inside. So yeah, let's go!" With those words, she released Soteria from the water that bound her, after which she moved said water back over the cliff's edge. "Are you coming, Mary?", she called out to the other girl as she walked towards the school entrance.

Loki wakes up and grabs his blanket off his body while yawning. He pulls on his uniform pants along with buttoning up his shirt while singing.

He goes to the mirror in his bathroom and tightens his tie. While brushing his teeth he was thinking about how maybe there were going to be attractive people at this school. Then again he wasnt exactly everyones favorite kind of monster. Lylick arent very much supported by school population from what hes heard.

As Mary continued to jump, she heard the sword guy ask something about face touching. Mary turned to him and stared for a moment. Is he jealous that we didn't bond? Mary lifted her hands, preparing to touch his face too, when Mary heard the brown-haired girl begin to freak out. Mary turned to see an odd humanoid blob standing there. Mary's eyes widened in surprise. There are water beings on this planet? Intriguing. Mary was about to walk up to the creature to inspect it when squishy girl came out of nowhere and toppled onto the water being. Mary gasped in shock, but quickly recovered. Mary grabbed squishy girl's cheeks and lightly pulled on them. "How you be of the doing that? You be being water too yes?" After a few seconds, Mary let go of the girl's cheeks and turned around.

A great scene played out as the brown-haired girl fell, Sarah jumped in to get her, and the two safely landed on the cliffside. Mary applauded, impressed by the show of skill. Could all Earth beings do that? Mary heard ponytail boy ask a question, and Mary patted the boy's shoulder. "What you be of the talking 'bouts? Of course this be the game! See?!" Mary ran towards the cliff and was about to jump off when she heard Murasame ask Sarah if she was a mermaid. Mary changed course and skidded to a halt right next to Sarah. Mary put her hands on her hips. She opened her mouth to speak, but Sarah was going on some long tangent and didn't even seem to be paying attention to Mary at that point. The alien pouted. Darn, and I wanted to prove how smart I was by pointing out how impossible it was for Sarah to be a mermaid. I mean, she doesn't even have a fish tail! What kind of mermaid doesn't have a tail?

Since they were busy, Mary began to sprint for the cliff again to show ponytail boy the game, and not hearing Sarah's call from behind her, jumped off the cliff. A piece of her suit latched onto the cliff like a bungee cord, and as Mary almost reached the spiky rocks below, the suit pulled up, launching Mary back up the cliff. The suit detached and Mary flipped once before landing safely on the cliff, her arms stretched out. To those who weren't fully paying attention, it would have seemed like Mary had simply floated back up the cliff. Seeing the others heading for the school, Mary ran after them, giving Tekem a thumbs up as she closed the gap. Mary passed Sarah and it was clear her target was a certain blonde boy. As she neared her victim, Mary leapt up onto Lest's back. Whether the boy was able to keep his balance, or fell flat to the ground, Mary spoke. "Less! Let us be of the off!"

A few hours after they arrived, Zero took a careful look around. This was a whole other world, within the human world, with the stories he read. The students look completely normal, except they had a monster feel to them as he walked by. He already lost his twin through the crowd of students and has no idea where hes heading....East? West? He tries to find a map or someone who knows this school like the back of their hand.

It was quite nice to be alone, walking through the forest. Some called out for him to slow down. Did none of them catch his standoffish attitude? Apparently not, as Mary careened down the path, only for Lest to notice, far too late. The girl tackled him, and he fell to the ground. "I fear what would happen if I had been kinder to here." He turned to the girl atop him. "Might I ask what possessed you to attack me in such a manner? And my name is Lest! With a 't'"

"Actually, I am made of water... Mostly... anyway... More, so than a human. Humans are only 70% water. I am... around 90%" However by the time she had said that, Mary was gone. The only person left beside her was Soteria, and Sapphire. "Oh... Everyone's gone... Oh, yes... The school... Would you... Care to join me?... Soteria?..."

Last edited:
" Good god just hope no one cares that im a lylick..." I whisper as i walk down the hallway with my hands in my pockets.
He noticed a girl at a table and decided to ask to sit with her."Do you mind if i sit there" he asked.

Soteria was really confused by the whole turn of events and situation staying still in a stunned stupor for a minute as everyone started walking- or in Mary's case dashing toward the school. So....Monsters exist....I somehow got mistaken for one...And now im going to a school FOR monsters! Oh boy... Soteria looks over at the girl that had absorbed some of that- Well water thing, Yukiko she thinks is her name. She seemed friendly enough, unlike Sarah who seemed to be all about pranks, like a mischievous imp...Or pixie. Soteria faintly smiles at Yukiko at her offer "Sure we should catch up with the others, Thank you for not making fun of me by the way" her voice was somewhat nervous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sapphire watched the events play out in silence curious and surprised by Soteria's reactions and everyone elses as well, Maybe she is human....Oh well we'll see about that later. Seeing Yukiko and Tekem along with Soteria being left behind by the rest as they made their way toward the school she smiles brightly and grabs Tekem's hand gently pulling him to Soteria and Yukiko. "Hey lots all go together! Its funner to experience new things with others right?" her voice was upbeat trying to break the awkward moment. Before anyone can respond she takes Yukiko's, Tekem's, And Soteria's hand and starts tugging them toward the school playfully smiling. "Come on slow pokes! We're gonna be left behind!"

The ice golem watched in a silent daze as Mary ran off the cliff next -- he would have to play this game sometime, he thought -- until he felt himself being tugged. He grinned back at Sapphire, looking down at the hand he was holding and feeling lucky to be surrounded by such a nice group of friends, as he ran beside her towards the school doors. "Where are we going?" He asked. Did they get to see their rooms next? Perhaps they'd meet the teachers? Whatever it was left him feeling more ecstatic than he has felt since before his father died.

Status
Not open for further replies.