1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Low-Fantasy, Modern, Adventure, Quests, Modern-Fantasy, Post-apocalyptic, Romance, Drama
Hiiiii there! :) My name is Yanaike (also the name of my favorite RP-character) and I'm 24 years old. Thank you for taking your time to read my roleplay request thread. I'll try to keep this short and simple.

What can you expect from me/what do I expect from you?
  • First of all, I don't believe in the usual request threads with plots and pairings, and as such you'll find no plots and pairings in here. I much rather come up with a plot together with you, to stimulate both of our creative brains. Also I do not want to force a particular role on you, I much rather hear what kind of roles you like to play.
  • I'm very picky when it comes to choosing my roleplay partners. I might start more brainstorm sessions than actual roleplays. Please don't feel to sad or to offended, when after a bit of brainstorming, I tell you "that I do not want to roleplay with you because [insert reason here]". I want to give all RPs a fair chance, if I have doubts before the beginning I much rather leave it there than having to end the RP after a week or two.
  • I'm searching for active roleplayers. I don't want to do all brainstorming and ideas by myself. I want you to contribute to the plot as well, throw in your inspiration or plot twist. As long as you show enough initiative I'll be happy.
  • I don't do fandoms*. if you really want you can play a non-OC character, but I want to stick to an original character for myself and also an original setting.
  • My main character will be female and most likely MxF oriented. It's not that I can't or don't want to play males but they usually end up very stereotypical and lack some kind of overall "goal". As for side characters I can play almost anyone!
  • That being said, I don't necessarily need you to play a male character. In terms of gender and sexual orientation you can play whatever you want. When it comes to romance we can also add in a romantic relationship with a side character, or even a one-sided relationship, or just no romance at all.
  • I usually work with pre-made characters, but I might also come up with a new character or promote a previously used side character to main character.
  • In terms of posting speed, I expect at least 4-5 posts a week. As for me I try to send you at least one post a day, but I'm more occupied on Tuesdays and Fridays and in some weekends. Based on timezones, the amount of free time I have, and how much inspiration I've got, you might even expect multiple posts a day.
  • When it comes to posting length, I expect you to give a 'workable' amount of lines. What I mean with that is that I need enough detail/information in your post, to reply to. I usually write between 5-25 lines myself, depending on inspiration, how much you give me and whether our characters are in a dialogue or not.
  • I'm not a native English-writer, so I might make a few grammar errors and/or I might lack some vocabulary now and then to write exactly what I mean. I want you to be respectful for that, and I'm always open for suggestions to improve my posts. As for you, I want you to be able to write at least 'understandable English'.
  • Please talk! I love to know more about you! Who are you? What do you like? What's your favorite meal? :p We don't have to be just roleplay partners, we can also be friends!
Genres/Themes/Things I like
  • Fantasy: I like fantasy, but I preferably stick to low-fantasy or modern-fantasy. Stories about elves, dwarves and complicated royal family trees make me lose interest very quickly. But as long as I can play a (sort of) human character with a bit of magic added in to explain the explainable, I'll be fine! Things like witches, myths, vampire-like creatures and supernatural powers are great! I would also love to explore Wonderland-inspired settings or Dreamland-inspired settings. I absolutely love urban-fantasy (what happens during night time, a big city but only a few people know...)! And last but not least, combinations between fantasy-elements and modern-technology or even sci-fi are by no means a no-go!
  • Adventure: I absolutely looooove adventure. I love worldbuilding and exploring the world through the eyes of our characters. Exploration, discovery, secrets, quests and many kinds of roleplays in which our characters are traveling are great!!! :D
  • Sci-fi: Very similar to fantasy, I like to stick to low-sci-fi. As long as the story is placed on earth in the near future and I can play a human character, I'll be fine! Stories with lasers, over-complicated aliens, space travel and other planets are not really my cup of tea. Things I do like are for example hacking, modern technology, robots (to a certain extent), post-apocalypse (to a certain extent) teleportation and sinister governments (!!!).
  • Romance: I'm always in for romance in a RP, but I see this more as a side-genre than a main-genre. It's great to have romance in a RP, but not to have the RP be exclusively about romance.
  • Drama: The same I said about romance can be said about drama. I'm fine having some drama in a roleplay, but not to have the roleplay be exclusively drama. :p
  • Other things: Besides all things I said about genres, I love weird things like brainwashing, hypnosis, gangs/groups, mafia (to a certain extent), minority vs majority, illusions (nothing looks like what it is) and much more...
Characters
Here are a few of my pre-made characters. I'll add more characters later on. If you've got any more questions about them, please ask! All characters are quite flexible and can be adapted for different roleplays.
  • Yanaike is a young nomadic-living adventurer driven by knowledge. By living in the wilderness alone during her childhood she has never learned concepts like money and possessions. She has amazing thieving skills (including hacking) and some basic air/luck/survival-based spells, but she completely lacks any form of physical strength. Her most remarkable physical feature is a long monkey-like tail.
  • Ailyna is an ambitious attractive woman. She is always ready to fight for what she wants. She cares quite a lot about the people around her and always tries to get the best out of them, but if you stand between her and her ideals, you'll see a very different side of her. Ailyna is very adaptable for a lot of different RPs. She might be the owner of a small pub/cafe/inn, and usually loves singing and sports.
  • Naomi is a former (modern kind of) pirate's daughter. But during her father adventures, she became trapped in a country without the right papers to get back to her own. She has lost faith in humanity since that and considers herself as a 'wasted' person who can do nothing but destroy other people's lives as way to take revenge for her 'failed life'. Furthermore she's quite skilled with her 'gadgets'.
If you're interested please send me a message! If you have any other questions you can also ask below :)

Status
Not open for further replies.