< Yami Ga Kuru >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amongst the cheering and chanting of the blood-thirsty students, Kenji's small body was easily noticed coming out from behind Enzo. "Before we begin, I would like you to restate the stakes in front of everyone." Kenji mentioned calmly. "Ha, so be it. If I win, Enzo's my bitch. If you win, well, you get my title." Kenji nodded towards Red, and then looked up at Enzo, who was practically shaking at both his stage fright and the pain that he'd have to endure. "Remember what I told you. Don't let fear overtake you, you don't even know yourself, yet." Enzo would respond with a slow nod and jagged breathing.

That's when Kenji returned to his energy sphere form, flew up, and landed in Enzo's hand. It felt like a rubber ball to Enzo, but it was much more than that, even Enzo knew that. Seeing the boy 'armed', Red snapped his fingers, and a red magic circle, rimmed with odd text appeared one foot in front of him. Slowly, the inside of the circle glowed a lighter color, and a hilt was seen rising up from it, then a blade. Red grabbed the large sword by it's handle, and yanked it free of the circle. In size, the sword was about his height, which was around 6ft tall, and pulsated with blood-colored electricity.

Enzo gulped, but didn't run. If he ran now, he'd look like a coward, and have to live on campus with people calling him all sorts of degrading names. He had to at the very least, put up a fight. "Prepare yourself, Enzo Ferrari!" Red shouted, thrusting his sword towards Enzo's direction. The tip of his sword was like a lightning spear, discharging a scary amount of lightning toward Enzo at a quick pace. Since it was pure electricity, Enzo had no time to dodge. He took it like a training dummy. His hair stood straight up and the entire room flashed with red light as he was shocked for a good 10 seconds before it stopped.

Enzo dropped to his knees. His uniform was burn on some areas, and some even burned off. It was a powerful attack, but Enzo wasn't going to quit this early. Red set his sword to his side, and broke out in a sprint towards Enzo while he was down. Enzo could feel his heavy footsteps on the court's sleek surface, and quickly rose to one foot and set his hands in front of him in defense as Red swung his sword overhead and forced it down on top of Enzo.

There was a bright clash between the two. All that could be seen was Red's sword flying up into the air while the man himself stumbled back. Kenji had transformed into yellow, glowing, medieval kite shield that took Red's attack like it was nothing. When Enzo opened his eyes from having to close them at the last second, he looked up at his hands surprisingly. The shield had a strap that fit perfectly around Enzo's hand, but he didn't do anything to make that happen. He stood up fully with his other foot, gaining some confidence and understanding on how to work together with Kenji.

"A shield? Not bad, but how long before you slip up?" Red raised his right hand to his side, his airborne sword landing perfectly in his grasp. The sword itself started to shrink to small size, then de-spawned. Again, Red snapped his fingers and a large quantity of magic circles appeared behind and just above him at once. With a wave of his hand, swords began to shoot out of the circles like guns, making the crowd go wild. Enzo positioned his shield in front of him and closed his eyes to brace for impact, but none of Red's swords had hit yet. Enzo reopened his eyes to see that all of Red's swords had surrounded him. Enzo backed up a little, unsure of what to do as each and every sword stared him down. One by one, a sword was launched toward him from a direction Enzo expected the least. With each attack, it barely cut him, mostly around his legs, causing some bleeding to occur.

Red laughed as he sent sword after sword out of the circle to replace those that had been launched already. "Dance, bitch! Dance!" he shouted at Enzo. He was literally making Enzo dance to avoid getting impaled by his fast moving weaponry.

• Love
Reactions: AiDee
Silver was glad to know Cid wasn't going to chew her out or anything for skipping class, and was sort of amused by how he seemed to perk up a bit at the mention of training. He must be like her in regards to practice. She noticed the sword he carried with him, and a smirk appeared on her face. Did she know how to use her swords? She had to cut him some slack for now. After all, they only just met.

"Do I know how to use it?" She couldn't help but giggle as she repeated his question. "I'll let you be the judge of that, okay?" Silver gestured to the sword sheathed on her other side, and grinned. "There are two, by the way. Twin swords, it would be wrong to use just one without the other." She kept an eye out for the training room, as she remembered seeing it earlier, but forgot about it already.

Cid Akatsuka
Cid couldn't help but chuckle at Silver's confidence in her abilities. He didn't think she was bluffing or anything but its nice to see he might have a future sparring partner. He wondered if she was a self-taught sword-fighter or trained. Each of them had their perks, self-taught being unpredictability and trained being better knowledge.

"Twin swords huh. You must treasure them dearly. At least I do with my blade." Cid commented before adding on quickly. "You think you can best me in a match with those blades of yours?" Cid said half-jokingly. Only to look away when he noticed a commotion at the basketball court they had passed by. That was definitely Red, Cid was sure of it.

He stopped and looked at Silver asking her she wanted to go look.

The awkwardness that Silver had felt before pretty much faded as she started to talk about her swords. It seemed like Cid was comfortable with this topic as well, which was good for both of them. She nodded, looking down to her swords. Silver always tried to take care of her swords, polishing them, sharpening them, making sure they were in tip top shape whenever she could. Silver was about to respond to his question, when he paused and they both noticed the commotion not too far away. Silver tilted her head a little. Was there already some sort of school fight going on? She nodded at him again, and walked a bit closer, seeing two boys going at it. One of them she recognized, the other seemed like a school bully of some sort. Silver sighed.

"...Shouldn't someone step in to stop them or something?" she asked Cid.

This had kept up for a good while. Enzo's stamina started to decrease rapidly, and with each time he thought he could stop and catch his breath, he would just barely get slashed by Red's relentless attack. What do I do?! Agh! I can't even fight back..! He struggled to come up with an effective plan to even the odds, but with his constant dancing and dizziness, he couldn't help but keep it up for the sake of his well being. Suddenly, a well placed sword impaled Enzo in his left leg and pinned him to the floor. He screamed in agony and hunched over, his hair falling over his face. Red switched it up, and made the sword slash at his back and expose Enzo's upper body. "This will fucking teach you to even try matching my score! I'll make an example of you!"Tears began to drop from Enzo's shaded face and onto the floor as the swords continued to lash at his back, around 5 of them taking turns cutting open his skin with each swing. At this point, the cheering had started to die down, and people were beginning to actually feel sympathy for the poor boy. It was obvious to everyone that he was crying underneath his hair.

I couldn't do it, could I? I couldn't even enjoy some normal time at school. I'm pathetic. Even with Kenji's help.. I can't.

Red... A wolf in sheep's clothing... If only I could stop you.

If only.

As the assault continued, Red decided to give the crowd a reminder. "Remember, freshmen. This is what will happen to you when you attempt to take my pride away! Worship me and I will protect you!" "..W-What do you know about protecting!?" Enzo shouted. Red turned back to the boy, an astonished look on his face. Enzo grabbed the hilt of the sword in his leg, and began to yank at it. After a few tries, the sword popped out of the floor, and slowly slid out of his leg and fell to the floor. "..All you k-know is how to terrorize people.." He said, his hair hiding his eyes. "You're a f-f-fucking tyrant.." Red scoffed, and waved his hand as a single sword came flying out of a magic circle and straight towards Enzo. "..But that's all t-the reason I need.." Enzo raised his right hand and stopped the blade dead with blurring speed. "...To destroy you."

• Love
Cid Akatsuka
Seeing the battle unfold rather quickly before his eyes he glanced at Silver. It was a sad scene to watch. He had high-hopes for this Enzo kid. Red was strong enough for Cid, yes. But unfortunately he was a complete piece of shit and the last thing the Spell-Bladist needed was nuisances such as being Red's "Bitch." Cid glanced back at Silver, who disappointingly remarked about the lack of companionship that these student's have.

"Yeah. Someone should, but doesn't technically mean that they will. People are terrified of Red." Cid told her, making a tsk noise, also pretty disappointed. He contemplated jumping in but it was probably already too late, seeing as Enzo sat there being lashed like a prisoner. Cid cringed slightly at the image, Red was being relentless.

The noise from the basketball court was annoyingly loud, interrupting the music in her headphones. Turning up the volume did little when the outside was just as imposing and it all turned into mindless noise. That was beyond annoying. Sonya pulled off her headphones and set them around her neck where the speakers rested on her collar bone hidden under her light blue, short sleeved hoodie. She could have just turned the outside noise down and her music up, but why was there noise in the first place? She walked down the hall in search of the source. She took her iPod from her dark blue denim capris pocket and turned it off as she neared the basketball court.

"What the heck's going on?!" She saw two other people standing near the door emitting the sounds of battle. She raised her hand as if grabbing something from the air and turned to the right. The noise was lowered to a tolerable level much like turning down the volume on a set of speakers. One of the people standing nearby she recognized as another second year. "Oh... What's his name?" The sudden silence in the area drew her attention back to the basketball court. She ran up to the door and froze.

Red was in there, as well as another boy. The boy was injured beyond understanding- her understanding as to why things were allowed to go that far- but he was still standing. They were apparently at a momentary standstill. She wanted to interject but then...he was still standing... "I'll wait a minute... If Red's messing with him then he must have some ability worth seeing. If things progress any further in Red's favor though, then I'm stepping in. She held on tightly to the door frame and unplugged her headphones.

Red started to laugh with excitement. "Oh- Did I piss you off? Please, do stop me, the big tyrant." Enzo dropped the sword in his hand with a twist to point it in Red's direction before kicking it's hilt to it at it's owner. Red leaned his body to the right, and let the sword whiz past him before it de-spawned into one of the circles behind him. Suddenly, Enzo tackled Red with quick speeds and they both go straight into the wall with a hard impact. The dust covered their forms from the crowd, but quickly dispersed to see Enzo holding Red up against the wall with his hand around the guy's neck. Upon closer inspection, it could be seen that Enzo had curved horns on his head, along with a tail with a spade tip, dark red in color.

"Kch, what.. took you so long.. eh?!" Red delivered a kick to Enzo's bare stomach, making him let go of Red, and back up a little. That was when Red followed up with wide right hook aimed at his head. Enzo quickly responded by grabbed both his arm and his shoulder, and literally flipped Red around back towards the wall before performing a back-spinning kick to Red's stomach that pinned him sideways against the court wall. On top of that, Kenji had transformed into his gun form, and Enzo aimed straight for Red's head. "I know I'm not the only person you did this to." When Enzo spoke, his voice was deeper, with a more serious, no-games tone. "What is this.. huh? You playing the usual savior role? That's too bad, because you aren't the first to do that." Red grabbed Enzo's leg, and sent a surge of electricity through him, causing him to drop Red, and allowing him to land a solid punch on Enzo's chest, sending him sliding back towards the middle of the court. Enzo rolled back onto his hands, then springed to his feet before coming to a stop.

Red was walking towards the middle, rather calmly. "I'll admit, I haven't used this trick in years, due to it nearly killing my opponent, but since you've got some confidence, I doubt it'll bother you much, right?" Raising his arm to his side, Two red streams of energy circled around it, and landed in Red's hand. He closed his palm, turning the red stream into an arm mounted chainsaw. "This next move is going to leave you limbless." Red had lost his cockiness once he saw that he was actually in danger of losing his title, especially to such a person. There was only hidden anger in Red's eyes, somewhere during the fight, Enzo had crossed the line with him, but Enzo didn't care, he only looked towards Red with a blank face, even as he revved his 'handsaw'.

• Love
The battle between the underdog Enzo and the title branded tyrant Red had began to escalate to a life threatening climax. A body had phased in front of the chainsaw revving tyrant. Almost materializing from nowhere. His form was darkly threaded. He wore a white button up, black pants with two zippers for pockets on both sides of his leggings, knee-high boots with a cuff over his knees and a long sleeved "Sorcerers Alumni" jacket donned over his shoulders but his arms free of the jackets embrace. The speed in which he arrived only made the jacket sway in the harsh wind caught up by his hard halt. A hand had firmly gripped Red's wrist, almost squeezing it. A red eyed gaze hard locked onto Red's wrath ensuing stare. Over those red iris' was a thick, raven black head of hair long enough to reach the bottom of his neck, slightly messy but slightly well kept. "Red. Enough." The new arrival had commanded.

The crowd had returned to their usual cheering, until someone currently unknown had literally single handedly stopped Red. Red had to stop himself from shoving the new-comer away once he had heard his voice. His red chainsaw de-spawned and his stance eased. "..I know that voice..." Red said, his aggression obviously gone. Enzo continued to stare at Red. His intentioned were not wavered. Kenji had switched to his good, old fox form and stood beside Enzo with paws crossed. "What an unexpected visit." Kenji spoke loud enough for the two to hear.

• Love
Sonya's eyes widened as she watched Red's opponent suddenly come up to par. The boy was strong indeed. She couldn't make herself interrupt the fight now that he was fighting back on about the same level as the big brute. It was when Red turned his arm into a chainsaw that she became uneasy once again, and yet she wanted to see how this boy would react. Before things had a chance to get anymore interesting someone appeared in front of Red and stopped him. It was over then. Sonya eased her grasp on the door frame and let go of her headphone's jack. "Things seemed to have worked themselves out."

She made a mental recording of his opponent's voice, just so she could find him later. With a loud sigh she turned from the court and strolled back down the hall with her headphones turned up past the acceptable range. The music blared as she turned the jack between her fingers.

The young adult had sighed in relief hearing Red's hostile tone settle. He had released his grip once the chainsaw had despawned. "You should know this voice... You didn't decide to graduate along with it." He teased. He was about to start up again but was cut off by a familiar voice to him. It was a light, a little bit "snarky" if you could call it that. He could only chuckle lightly in response to that voice ringing in his ear. He turned to face the direction the sound was coming from only to see his guess was right. The same fox familiar who aided him through his school years here at Sorcerers. The graduate only made his light chuckle turn into a hearty laugh at such a reunion. By the fox's side was a student younger than he, he had something odd about him... Protruding horns, a spade tipped tail, a quite nasty yet focused glare. Something was off about him but the male didn't let it bug him too much. After all, he's seen a fair bit anomalies in his days as a mage. He walked towards Kenji, kneeling down with a satisfied grin on his face. His jacket had now covered over most of his back and sides. "It's been a while, Kenji. I see you're taking care of another student, hmm?" The graduate could only be mentioning the demonic looking young man beside him. Why he looked that way and what his power was had been getting to the the graduate ever since he saw him no more than 10 seconds ago. He was almost willing to ask but figured that now wasn't the time. "I'm going to assume this young magi had given Red a run for his money? I wouldn't see him use that chainsaw technique for any other reason but. Lucky I came to visit when I did... Things looked as if they were going to go horribly wrong on both ends..."

Kenji looked up towards Enzo, then gave him a light tap on his leg, letting him know that he should stand down. At once, Enzo's horns had slid back into his head, and his tail had disappeared too. It took Enzo a few blinks and a shake of his head to get his senses back. "Oh, my back.." He moaned like a senior. Kenji smiled, then looked back towards his old friend. "It's as what it looks. I'm putting Enzo through the ropes, but he seemed to have given Red quite the beating." Red scoffed, and then approached the small group. "I was going easy on him." He responded. Enzo backed up a little when Red drew near. "More importantly, what are you doing here? You passed Sorcerers." Kenji asked.

• Love
"I can't return to say hi to a few old teachers and friends? My 'private' tutor should be wandering around here. He darted off somewhere else looking for Ivan, I presume." The graduate stood back up, eying Enzo with a wince seeing him croak about his back. He did look as if he came out from a pretty tough thrashing. Whatever had happened, he knew this new student was going to be quite something if kept under Kenji's watchful eye. Red had again joined them, trying to clear his name with a typical excuse of holding back. "Going easy? I don't recall revving up that armament chainsaw 'going easy' old colleague... But I may as well introduce myself to your student, eh? I prefer to simply be called Voli, if you don't mind. My full name isn't too important. From what Kenji had told me you're Enzo? An interesting name, it doesn't sound Japanese though..."

Meanwhile... Outside the headmasters office an elderly man with a slightly hunched posture had knocked on the door of the headmaster. His head was bald with a goatee being the only collection of follicles he had left, wore a dark brown tenchcoat with a lighter shade of beige suit under it. His skin was a golden brown with amber eyes. He had the presence of someone with reputable talents and a head filled with boundless wisdom.

"Tch.." was all Red could come up with as a response. It was quite obvious he was serious about the fight, but there was no way he wanted to seem weak in front of his friend. Enzo stayed a fair distance of around 8 feet from the newcomer. When he introduced himself, Enzo spoke. "Yeah, it's Enzo.." He kept an eye on him. "You aren't one of Red's goons, are you?" Of course, there were other things that were worth asking, but he needed to know if he could trust this new individual, because so far, it hasn't been going well for him on the topic of strangers.

Meanwhile, In Boone's office, The Headmaster adjusted his reading glasses as he read over some notes on his desk. He heard a knock on the door, and simply said "Come in." without breaking his sight on the paper.

• Locations
Sorcerers​
Lobby
Training room
Basketball court/Gym
Library
Cafeteria
Rooftop
Dormitory
Lobby
Dorms
Campus

Garden
Track
Town
Streets
The Wizard's Treat
Battle Royal (CLOSED)
Beach
Mage's shop
Docks
Forest
???

Sonya couldn't help thinking about the boy from earlier. The whole thing was stupid, for sure, but he had managed to give Red a run for his money so he was worth looking into. She had a recording of his voice so finding him again would not be problem. The actual problem was how she would find him. She wasn't much of a night owl so she tended to turn in early and the dorms were separated. She changed the music from hard rock to a more mellow contemporary song.

She walked aimlessly around the school blasting her music from around her neck and smiling at the glares or whispers she got from other students. Rude? No, she wasn't rude in the least, but she had nothing better to do really. She lowered the volume by turning her index finger counter-clockwise. "Maybe some shopping is in order.." A black leather wallet was taken from her pocket and she looked through it. Sonya walked aimlessly around the school blasting her music from around her neck and smiling at the glares or whispers she got from other students. Rude? No, she wasn't rude in the least, but she had nothing better to do really.

She lowered the volume by turning her index finger counter-clockwise. "Maybe some shopping is in order.." A black leather wallet was taken from her pocket and she looked through it. "I guess I could use some change of scenery.... To the streets!" She ran toward the entrance of the town, her music changing from contemporary to rave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacen came out of the courtyard, looking to explore more of the town that Sorcerers was in.
The bus ride to the school took them on a road overlooking the rest of the area, showing that the town was quite easily a stone's throw away.
Apparently there's a magic shop in town...if it's anything like the magic they have here, I wonder if they have swords...I need a new one. He was cut from his thoughts as he approached the gates, the sound of rapid footsteps catching his ear. The sight of a young lady running towards the entrance took his focus away. She seemed to be on a solid pace, and with headphones on, no less.
Another new student? Guess Sorcerers is rolling basis on admissions...wonder if she's going into town as well. And those headphones...gotta be custom. He glanced down at his current pair, realizing that the cord was currently tangled around his hand.
Leave it to me to use a cord with wireless headphones that I don't need to charge...oh damn, she's heading this way...might as well say hi and welcome her to the school.

"Goons? Not at all. I'm a colleague of his. A friend, rival, something like that. But, we're sort of brothers in apprenticeship. We both were looked after by Kenji so we share that at least. As for Red, he bullies everyone to make himself top dog. I figure it a bit brutish and intolerable trait of his. But, I can't change him, so I gave up on worrying too much about it. Though, I do have to step in here and there... Like I did a moment ago." Voli had turned his attention to the still captive audience. He noticed a few familiar faces along with some new ones. To Voli's interest he had no idea Red's fight would become a public spectacle. At least a few dozen students had filled the bleachers just to watch Red throw down with Enzo. Voli had only sucked his teeth and shook his head slowly while digging his hands into his pockets. "Hey, Red. Not too banged up are you? We still hadn't had that rematch you wanted. Unless you're willing to get wrecked twice in one day. Ahahaha!" Voli of course had to tease his old friend again, it had been too long. Then again, waiting on that rematch had been too long as well. This was a match promised from before Voli had graduated from Sorcerers and it's been about a year and a half since he's been alumni continuing his studies and training with his private tutor. His teasing was only spurred by humor alone, Voli didn't think he'd end up sparring with someone today. He didn't bring his weapon or the muster.

Boone's office door opened and behind it was Voli's private tutor popping in to give the headmaster a small visit before going to search for his prominent student throughout the halls. He closed the door behind him and started a cocky chuckle, as if he wasn't in the place of eminence. "Ivan Boone, it's been a couple of years but I finally get to comment on that thinning head of hair again, ha-ha!" The elderly tutor had started his reunion off with some bad joke and a few friendly ha's and he's. He took a seat in one of the cushioned chairs in front of Boone's paper flooded desk.

Sonya raced toward the entrance, pumped up by the music flowing from her headphones. She just barely noticed the guy standing at the entrance. She slowed down to a jog so as not to seem as crazy. People usually thought someone was crazy when they ran like something was after and nothing was. The rave music continued though; she held the jack in her fist so she wouldn't drop it. From looking at him she wasn't sure if he was a second year or one of the new admissions.

She felt the need to say something since she had looked him in the eyes. It was one of those weird things that passing strangers have, avoiding eye contact so as not to have to say "hi". Well she had done it. She readied herself with a small smile as she approached. "Hi, are you new here?" She tried not to sound as out of breath as she was though she was breathing a little heavy.

Last edited by a moderator:
He noticed her smile, figuring that she had probably been thinking the same thing he was.
"Actually yeah, I am...just got here yesterday." He returned the smile and extended his hand, pulling his headphones around his neck before tipping the brim of his hat.
"Jacen, pleased to meet you. I'm guessing you're one of the new students as well?"

Status
Not open for further replies.