< Yami Ga Kuru >

Status
Not open for further replies.
She refrained from saying anything else and only nodded and made eye contact to look attentive. So far she only managed to sound like a babbling brooke the way she was talking so comfortably with him. As far as first impressions go, I must seem so immature despite being a second year. What was it that dad told me about being myself? Uh, be yourself on the lowest possible level.... Oh...calm down. Gah! I can't help it! This music keeps me so excited all the time! Here, let's change the tune. Maybe I should use my iPod and give myself a rest. That should help. Sonya took her pink iPod mini from her scarf and plugged her headphones into it. There was an instant change in the pressure in her head. Though she could go longer using herself as a source it was still very taxing on her body. She put it back into her scarf and sighed.
Sonya swallowed her nervousness and ventured to speak again once calm. "Do you use the herbs for ne- healing...and stuff... For, like, meditation or something? I meditate because otherwise I would be a nervous wreck with all the sounds my mind is always picking up and storing." Okay that was bad... "It would be pretty awesome to see what you can do with a sword. Is it easier using weapons than just casting the spells for you?"

"Honestly, I just use them for relaxing because they smell nice. Sage, cinnamon, things like that. The closest thing I get to meditating is when I've got my headphones on and I just zone out and start daydreaming. Herbal healing isn't something I can say I've tried...at least not on my own. There was this tea my grandfather showed me to make whenever I had a cold, but I rarely get sick these days...so that's about it." Jacen rotated his wrist and stretched his fingers out, letting the summer air run over his skin.
"I think weapons are easier for me, simply because I'm not 100% sure of just how much power I have when it comes to spells. Whenever I have a sword or my gun...they just feel like extensions of me. Let my powers flow through and the weapons execute. I can fight without them just fine, but I'm not at the mastery level where I'd be completely comfortable without them. It won't happen overnight, heh." He chuckled a bit, trying to ease some of whatever tension he felt earlier.
Not overnight eh? That's what you think.......I don't know who you are or what you want. But of all times to make yourself apparent, you had to do it now?
Hey, be easy...I just found your statement to be a little funny, relax I'll explain things tonight after you call your folks. I'll leave you to your new girl...big guy. Great...not only do I have a voice in my head that knows more about my bloodline than me, it's a troll.

Sonya nodded as she listened both to him speaking and the music from her player. She looked up when he stopped talking. "So they're more for comfort, you mean? I understand that feeling... You know, there's quite a bit to look through in the shop. I once bought a mat from there to use for meditation and it had plants weaved into the stitching that help with calming the mind. It's awesome for meditating, especially when upset. They've got a ton of magic powering stuff and weaponry and blah, blah, blah! Now I'm starting to babble, so you'll see when we get there." She started to mouth the words to the current song as they continued their venture. He was a pretty interesting guy but she ended up babbling too much in her nervousness. Where the heck was the mage shop? It felt like they had been walking a little too long. Hopefully she hadn't distracted them and made them pass it...

The duo had walked into town for quite a bit, passing shops and restaurants. Their conversation had left Jacen oblivious to the looks from some of the residents, no doubt taking notice of his large frame.
"I think that's the place just ahead." The jars and ornate carvings in the display window were an indicator, this store was one of an arcane variety.
As he walked slightly ahead of her, he gripped the door's handle and pulled it open.
"After you."
Spice jars, wood carvings...spell books. If this isn't the right place, then I've gone mad.

She hurried ahead into the shop thanking him with a quick nod. Sonya looked around the store for anything that may pique her interest or prove useful. Two book cases sitting on either side of the shop were full of books on elemental spells, healing herbs, ancient spells, strength training for the mind, focusing natural energy and other such topics. Most of them looked pretty worn, a loose string here or there from the binding, but otherwise pretty good. The walls were decorated in different A large display behind the counter held an array of off staffs of both intricate and simple design. The animal head staffs were always freaky looking in Sonya's opinion; hands were no better.
"Oh! These weren't here last time!" She rushed over to a glove display rack brandishing gloves with metallic fingertips. She marveled at the many different textures and materials. "These must be some new thing because..." Sonya looked over the selection as she waited for Jacen to take care of his business with the shop owner.

Voli only nodded in response to Kenji and too a quick glare at Enzo. "Potential... Yes. He seems to have a lot if he put up a fight with Red and this is only his first year. If this is the case, I have high hopes for you Enzo. Hopefully you don't disappoint. But, as much as I would like to stay and chat there's something I need to do Kenji... I have to go see 'them' again." Voli had gave subtle meaning towards the individuals he had referenced, hoping he'd catch on with his good wit. Voli had already turned and made his way out of the gymnasium and down the halls, passing by cased trophies, graduation photos, banners, and other wandering students. His journey then lead to a spiral staircase going both up to the second floor of the building where classrooms would regularly be found. Down below was something completely different. The basement level. There wasn't much deep down inside but a janitors closet, the boiler rooms, laundries, and storage. As Voli entered the basement level he turned right around going the opposite direction of the hall to where he found double doors marked with a rose-vine embraced "S." He opened it's doors, his feet steeping from hard marble floor to a soft black carpet. From this point on it was a candlelit hallway with portraits of groups of students with a plaque showing off a "Team" name under their group photos. On the floors, along the walls under these separate portraits were offerings and old belongings to these former students. This was a hall made for the deceased Teams. Numbers of Teams all recorded here and paid respects to by their friends, family, and peers. In alphabetical order these Teams were listed and all had a unique set of faces and some even had silly poses. Voli had found himself skimming through these other teams and noticing what was left in respect from other students. It brought a sort of sappy grin to his face that was being pushed back with old grievances. Finally, he found his old Team. Team Valor. There was only but one item left in respect to this team, and that was a now worse for wear love letter Voli had made to the Team's healer, confessing his long felt affection for her. He knelt down to his knees and faces the open letter propped up to the wall with his eyes beginning to fill up with tears. The moment he saw the letter he began re-reading it, recalling his old lover read it out loud in front of him with a flustered voice and red cheeks as happy as can be. He remembered her tight yet comforting embrace, the laughs they shared after feeling the total bliss of being in love, the teases they got from their friends. It all came back to the lone survivor of this massacred team. Under the wonderful memories playing back in his head about his first sweetheart was the guilt and regret of not being able to keep his Team alive. The very thought of him existing and not joining his mates in the afterlife pained him. He pinned their fall on himself as he had no one else to blame. Right now, only one thing was on his mind... Returning to the Castle they were coldly murdered in and finishing what they all started.

The tutor listened in close, his concern growing as Boone filled him in on the status of the Rings and the Council. The tutor himself hadn't gotten acquainted with the first guardians himself but knew of and acknowledged their skill and standing in the magic world. Luckily, Boone hadn't been thinking of where these rings were as well... The tutor had a faint idea as to where they could be. "Boone... Have you tried, Castle Aurora?"

The door to the mage's shop tapped lightly against a set of hanging bells, alerting the clerk, wherever they may be, to a new customer or two. As both Jacen and Sonya browsed the shop, a crow landed quietly on-top of a bird's cage, and watched the two. Soon, the crow took off from the cage, transformed into your average, slightly-insane magician merchant. "Hmm hmm~ may I help you?" He asked.

The Headmaster's movements froze at hearing the words 'Castle Aurora'. It was nothing but a place and a rumor, that the old fortress once held - and still does - the spirit of Aurora. Some say it was trapped in that castle, others say it's just full of treasure nobody dares to take. Apart from that, it's completely cut off from Japan, sitting on it's own island with only a single village on it.

Boone's eyes met with the tutor's for a moment. "I haven't."

Enzo, on the other hand, wanted to make his way back to the dorms as possible. His new acquaintance, (and probably savior, too) Voli, hinted to Kenji about his next move, then left. There was a silence between the remaining three, as the gym was mostly empty at this point. Red simply clicked his teeth and walked off to another section of the school. Now, only the boy and his fox remained. Without words, the two joined up, and walked out of the gym together in complete silence.

There was no talking on their way to the dorms, either. Enzo had a lot on his mind, like who Kenji really was to him, and who he was as well. With a swipe of a card later, The two were back in their man-cave, but as Kenji hopped to the computer table, Enzo stayed, looking at his companion. Kenji had a feeling he would be bombarded with questions, so he simply returned the gaze with an understanding one. "I know you're confused on who I am, or rather, what I do." "To be honest, Kenji, I'm more concerned on what I am." "What? You're a magician affiliated with demonic transformation, it's nothing new." "It's new to me! You knew this - why didn't you tell me?" "You have to train yourself in more ways than just with magic and physical power. As of now, Enzo? You're immature. Weak minded, and a coward. I'm here not only to look after you, but to train you to be the best person you can be."

Enzo sighed, turning to the closet and picking out some suitable clothing to wear, since all he had on him at the moment was the bottom half of a burnt uniform, and bandages around his torso. After he had went to the bathroom to change, he came back looking almost as good as new. He saw that Kenji had fallen fast asleep in a hammock he had built for himself over the table, so Enzo sat down on his bed, and pulled out a book from his backpack to read until the day was over. This gave him some time to think about what had happened. Kenji wasn't really what he claimed himself to be, Enzo was definitely a different person that he is now, roaming around with demonic abilities, and Voli, a graduate that had apparently shared the same role as Enzo in the past. All of these and more troubled him, but for now, sleep felt very necessary for Enzo at the current time.

• Love
Reactions: AiDee
Cid Akatsuka
Cid blinked for a single moment, opening his eyes to see how quick Silver could close in the distance between them. At first he was stunned, her speed surpassing his assumptions. But he recollected his training, his brain calming down. She had two blades and knew how to use them it was up to him whether he would successfully pay attention to both possible retaliations she could resort too. He pushed his feel, making him lunge in his sword still defensively positioned. When the right swing came, so did his blade and he twisted his body as the first sword met his not too sure if he could dodge the thrust completely.

Seeing as Cid barely dodged the thrust, and Silver didn't really want to hurt him, she swung her left sword back around into a defensive position. Silver pressed her right sword against his for a moment, quickly glancing around them to see what she might be able to do. She had plenty of room for just about anything, but while she was in the position she was currently in, it would limit her to only a few things. She thought a bit more, and smirked to herself before sidestepping, followed by a spin once again, slashing horizontally at his midsection.

Cid Akatsuka
Cid noticed his mistake a second later then it should have came to realization, her blade's weren't rapiers but they were capable of thrusts and slashes. Silver could've ended the match then and there if this was a real duel. A simply slash of her thrusted sword was all it took, but luckily it was just simple sparring so she retracted it. They kept there locked for a short moment, neither of them letting up on pushing their blades. He glanced at her as a small smirk appeared, she was definitely planning something. When she side-stepped Cid's guess was correct, another spinning slash. When she stopped her twirl and the blade flashed through the air, Cid knew what he was going to do.

He ducked quickly, the swish of her sword very audible, before slipping under and through her arm so that he closed in the space, stopping his sword lightly on her shoulder. The both of them were sweating and he couldn't help but laugh.

"Your pretty good." He complimented through his breathing.

Silver wasn't surprised to see him duck, but was a bit surprised to see him get closer. Feeling his sword on her shoulder, she let out a huff and took a deep breath, almost as if she had been holding her breath for a while. She smiled, and nodded, lowering her swords.

"...You too," she replied, turning a bit and looking down at her swords, as if she were hiding something. Her cheeks were flushed, and she felt it. She hadn't had a good playful match like that in a long time, and it felt nice. It was almost embarrassing how fun that was for her. "H-How long have you been training with that sword of yours?" she asked while examining one sword, before putting it away and examining the other.

Cid Akatsuka
Cid backed up from her personal space, not noticing the slight blush she had simply because he looked away at the wrong time. He brought the sword to his eyes, examining it's sharp edge before sliding it back to it's holster. That was a pretty fun experience. The last decent spar he had was a couple of years ago when he challenged his father, back then he lost but not now, neither of them did really.

He walked over to a rack of clean face towels, grabbing one for himself and another for Silver. "How long? Well..I don't know since I was ten I guess." Cid admitted, walking back up to her, offering the towel with an extended hand. "How about you?"

Silver slid her other sword back into it's sheath, and smiled as she accepted the towel, nodding in thanks. However, the smile faded when she remembered how long she'd had her swords. It wasn't exactly a pleasant thing for her to talk about, due to many different reasons, but it was only fair that she'd respond to him. "Well, I've had these swords for as long as I was able to hold them properly. I started actually training with them... Not too long after, I think. I couldn't tell you an age, though." Silver patted the towel on her skin, wiping away the sweat that had developed during their match. It was always a nice feeling to wipe away sweat after training. It meant she went beyond that which she usually does, and she did well, too. Silver almost wanted to ask who gave him the blade, but she didn't really want to answer that for herself, so she left it alone.

Cid Akatsuka
A peculiar look came across his face as Cid rested near her, trying to somehow read the sudden change in expression and in voice tone at his question. But it wasn't his to try and be nosy so he decided to back off the subject, she could tell him about it whenever she wanted in his mind. He wiped his sweat quickly, tossing the towel in the bin near the original rack. On habit he ruffled his brown hair trying to rack his brain for something else to say.

"Well that's okay then. We ought to spar often though if you'd want. It certainly help us get better at the very least." Cid offered, as he returned to her side, trying not sound pressuring or condescending. It was true however, most of his matches he wouldn't have made the mistakes he had today, those mistakes he learned from now. A simple process for getting better at something really.

Silver's hand rested on one of her swords subconsciously, and she looked back at Cid, her face much brighter than it was before. She nodded in agreement. "That sounds like a good plan to me." The idea of having a well-trained sparring partner was one of her dreams, something she never figured would happen. Mostly because she was usually one to prefer to be alone while training, but having a partner meant she could practice training to not kill too, like she had done today. That was something she was taught to never do, but Cid wasn't one she needed or wanted to hurt. A sudden chill ran up her spine again, giving her goosebumps, but she ignored it. Now was not the time for any of that.

She found herself staring at Cid, still happy over the thought that she finally had a training buddy, and looked back down, the blush only getting worse. Silver of all people getting flustered because she had a good, old fashioned sword fight. Well, when you thought about how she was as a person, it wasn't really that surprising.

Jacen approached the shopkeeper, offering him a friendly nod. A shopkeeper that's also a shapeshifter...that's actually a very smart idea in the right market.
"How do you do sir, I'm looking for a sword...one that is suited for channeling lightning magic as well as ice. Preferably in the style of a katana, if possible."

"Ah, a traveling swordman, I assume? Then I suppose you could appreciate what I have to offer. " On the wall, just behind the shopkeeper, suddenly appeared a weapons rack spawning in from a blue fog. Just the air around the katanas were chilling, and made a clean bladed hum in the air, even at standstill. "What's amazing about my weapons are, they change according to the user, and their progression, as long as you treat them well, eheh. The price, for a man who obviously carries 'that' bloodline? Free of charge."

• Love
"That bloodline"...he's an elder, there's no doubt about it. But to catch on so quick...did he know Granddad? The Eirsith bloodline wasn't even mentioned in magic history...come to think of it, neither were mages of these elements in tandem. Jacen looked along the rack, taking notice of one particular item. A blade of steel so brilliant, you could claim it had an edge of pure white. A simple black handle and accompanying scabbard, the only thing about it was the blue jewel that was embedded in the handle. Similar to the one on his amulet...
"Actually. That one right there in the lower right, with the blue jewel in the handle...it's perfect. That craftsmanship is unlike any other blade I've come across. I think I've found exactly what I'm looking for..."
Jacen's eyes looked over the blade, its gleam reflected the few beams of sunlight that came into the store off of its surface, bathing his upper torso in a line of light.
"Sir, I must respectfully ask...just how long have you been this trade? This sort of skill and handiwork can't be honed within mere months..."

The shopkeeper snickered at the boy's curiosity. "Far longer than I remember. Thank Genesis that these bones can still move." The shopkeeper raised a hand to the sword, and like a magnet, it flew off of the rack and into his hands, then, he handed it over to Jacen. "I do believe this is your steel." He said with an aging smile. "And what of the madam?" He asked, nodding towards Sonya.

• Love
"Thank you, and I noticed a few of your herbs in the window. I just need sage, raspberry leaves and rosemary if you have it. As for her, I'll see if there's anything she likes." He gave the shop keep a friendly smile and placed the sword back on the counter. Amazing...it was like I had been using that for years. The weight is perfect, the handle is sturdy...I didn't think it would change to me that fast.
Jacen walked over to Sonya who was still browsing around the glove rack.
"Hey, Sonya you want anything? I've found what I need, I'm just going to get a few herbs and then I'm set."
Second year too...wonder if she knows about any good places for lunch in town. I could use some food...a free sword calls for a victory meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.