< Yami Ga Kuru >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver snapped out of whatever trance she put herself in with her thoughts, and looked up to see a familiar face. The gentleman with the lovely white hair that helped out Mirai earlier. It seems he was just one of those people that always needed to help someone. The thought of the type of person he was almost made Silver pout, seeing as they were usually big pushovers. Pushovers often bugged Silver, but she tried her best to ignore those feelings. Ah, right. He asked her a question.

"..Ah, sorry. I'm fine. I'm just not sure how I'll be able to use my magic on that thing.. I can't use my magic on things that don't have minds, you see..." Silver frowned as she explained, looking back towards the dummy that had been just beaten up by the man before her. "I suppose it doesn't matter too much, though... Since I have my swords.." She began mumbling to herself, almost forgetting that she was talking to someone. One of her hands went to the sword in it's sheath on her side, and she let out a small sigh of relief.

"She can't use her magic on things that don't have minds, huh? She's a cut of a different cloth." Sinclair had pondered. He didn't think that her swords would cut as a measurement of magical ability, rather physical. If she only went with those that would hurt the girls score, making less than what she could really do. He made a muffled grunt at his provoked thoughts at what to tell her for some suitable advice. The machine calculated the power of someone's spell and pinpoints it to a number ranking. He was sure if she were able to cast something practical it would pick up on it. This was a school for magicians and a test dummy one spell school short wouldn't prove very effective towards both the student or the teacher. He looked to the metal behemoth as it quickly repaired itself and regained it's towering posture. "Hmm. I may not be aware of the blueprint for this machine but it seems to read your spells and rank it based on how impacting or effective it would turn out when used. I'm only going on by a hunch here, but the machine should pick up on your special school of magic. If it has to do with the mind I'm going to assume your some sort of illusionist? My father told me about them. Not too many of them he said. But I'm being a chatterbox. You should be fine, miss. I'm sure the school would have something like that covered." He turned back around, continuing down his pre-planned path to sit on some of the bleachers and watch the rest of the students give way to the droid. He perched himself up, hunched over and mounted his head up by his hand, keeping an attentive eye on the line.

"You cannot heal a lifetime of pain overnight,
but you can be a candle,xxxxxxxxx
& light the darkness for some brighter days."
▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿ ▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴

"It's go time!" It was her turn. Right after white-haired Hero-kun. He probably didn't see her bobbing blonde head in the crowd. It took Mirai a minute or so to weave through the several students crowded around the area. She pulled herself onto the platform and stretched her arms above her head. Today, thinking of training, she was wearing a loose t-shirt over a tank dress and biking shorts. When she was done with the stretches, Mirai stared at the dummy. It didn't seem to have any particular form or anything she should look out for. From the others', Mirai saw that it simply absorbed the magic thrown at it and reformed itself for the next participant. She looked up at the scoreboard, blue eyes pensive. A bit of fear rippled through her as she looked down at her hands. What seemed like minutes for Mirai was only a few seconds for everyone else. You came here to learn remember? The professors are watching. If anything goes wrong, they can help you. She was trying to convince herself. You don't have to keep hiding. Mirai knew a few booster spells that could increase her agility and mana bursts, but those were spells she'd learned through reading. Anything but her water magic caused her those terrible nightmares... of that horrible power... that killed people.. But she tried to remind herself of what the professor said to her during the admissions interview. To not be afraid, because here she was going to be among students of magic, among people that would understand her fears.

Mirai's eyes darkened. She would do it. All of these people already thought she was a crybaby. Yesterday, she'd made a fool out of herself, but today, today she was going to show them why she was here. Sorcerer's first scholarship student. It wasn't just because she was cute!

She stepped forward, crossing her arms in front of her. She closed her eyes and slowly, turning up her palms, twirled her arms in a half circle, crossing her wrists at the top of her head. As her arms moved, a burst of white light swirled around her body, like pieces of white clouds. Speed. The enhancement would give her magic a five percent movement boost every four seconds. Mirai planned to make consecutive elemental attacks. Her hair slowly slipped out of it's bun. Eyes still closed, Mirai held her arms out in front of her, slicing her hands diagonally. A burst light blue magic hovered in the air. She spun around, bringing her hands close to her chest. The blue magic burst once more, forming a horizontal line of water.

Her eyes open and with the sweep of her arm, the water shot forward towards the dummy. When it made contact, Mirai swept her other arm out in a cyclic motion and another stream of water followed, but this time, the droplets formed sharp pieces of ice, striking the surface ahead of them. After being struck with icy projectiles, the dummy began to freeze, encased in a shining blue ice. Mirai extended her arm, grinning, and snapped her fingers. A burst of water flew upwards from beneath the dummy, steaming the ice and leaving the smell of something burning. She was breathing hard, having spent most of her mana into the actual strength of the ice instead of using it for several attacks. Her hair had opened, waves of golden yellow strands fell around her head and past her shoulders.

She'd tried her best. Mirai looked down at her hands. She was trembling. The fear of using something other than her water magic was overwhelming. Curious, she walked ahead over to the dummy, which was hovering on it's post, looking slightly withered away. She reached out to touch the dummy. It's not real, it can't die, right? If I touch something that's not real it won't die right? When she touched the dummy, nothing happened that the students could see, but there was a strange magic hovering in the air. Mirai herself didn't understand it, but the professors who were monitoring the scoreboard would sense a very dark spell, one that could be associated with death.

But within seconds that magic disappeared and Mirai quickly wiped her appearing tears on her arm, pretending it was only something caught in her eye. She turned around and walked towards the end of the platform, clenching and un-clenching her hands. Well, I tried something new. It was the first time she'd used a booster spell that wasn't consistent with water magic. She wanted to be proud of herself, but she had the oddest feeling that something had gone wrong. She shrugged it off, climbing off the edge of the stage and jumping onto the floor. A couple of students moved out of the way to let her pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
"There's that girl from earlier." Kenji pointed out, but Enzo had already known. Mirari appeared much stronger than what she gave off on the first day, and in a way, it gave him some confidence, that a girl like her could pull off something like that. Just as she dismounted the platform, the robot's form heated, melting away the shards of ice that were stuck in it's form, and soon, it was back to normal. While Enzo and the other students gave her a round of applause, Kenji kept a rather serious face, his eyes tracking her all the way back to the crowd.

That magic.. The only ones to have picked up on the faint, disturbing energy were the slightly concerned staff, and Enzo's familiar. A chime in the air notified the occupants that the girl's score was ready. For damage, Mirari scored a high 8600. A possible reason for her high score was most likely the freezing effect. On terms with magic, however, she received a solid 6000, and along with that, she was flagged as ready for teams, and got the classroom category of 'Destruction'. (Elemental magic, Beam magic. This category is known to live up to it's name.)

The next name to appear on the boards was 'Silver Nagano'.

Reactions: AiDee
Silver looked back to the man as he spoke. He did have a point, this was a school of magic. Silver was sure that there were spells much more powerful and subtle than hers would be, so she decided to not worry about it. Before she could say anything, the man walked away without even saying bye or anything. Talk about rude. Her attention turned back to the dummy, as she saw it was her roommate's turn to show off. Silver stood by, watching carefully so she didn't miss anything. Needless to say, Silver was impressed by her abilities. Mirai was stronger than she looked, it seemed. But.. Were those tears she saw? Silver decided to leave it alone for now, and maybe bring it up later on, should the opportunity rise.

Silver looked up to the reader board, seeing her name and gulping lightly. She made her way through the crowd, and then up next to the dummy. She stayed a good 10 feet away from it, pouting a bit as she stared it down. Will this really work? There was no use holding back now. Too many eyes were on her, as she realized when she glanced around to see just how many people were there. Feeling a bit nervous now, she took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment, before opening them again and staring at the dummy. Since it wasn't an actual human, she could put it through the most mentally disturbing things she could imagine, and not feel any remorse for it.

She stared at it, her fists clenching up a bit as a couple minutes passed. To the viewers, it would look like she was just staring at it, as if waiting for it to move. She narrowed her eyes, and after another minute passed, turned to leave and blend back into the crowd. As she made her way to the bleachers, she still hoped it picked up her magic, despite reason telling her it was fine. Silver sat down and stared at the reader board, waiting for her results.

The training room filled with silence during, and after Silver's turn. Students began to talk amongst themselves, mainly out of confusion. All the girl did was stand there and look at it. "What was that all about?" "I guess the stink eye is real, now." "Don't be so quick to judge." Enzo had heard all of these, and wondered the same thing. "She.. didn't even do anything.." He muttered. Kenji had his arms crossed the entire time, and once he had figured out what Silver's plan was, he closed his eyes, looked down and smirked to himself. Apparently he knew something Enzo didn't.

And so, the scores for Silver Nagano appeared. "WHAT?!" was heard from nearly every other student once they set their eyes on the board. Damage wise, Silver scored a 1, however, in terms of magic input, she got a 9000. Clearly on a different level than most of the students there. Enzo's jaw dropped, and his eye was twitching. "H-...How.." "RIGGED!" cried one of the students, who was instantly hushed by her peer. Silver was clearly qualified for teams, and her classroom category was that under Mental as Rakuyo and Sinclair. The next name to have appeared was 'Enzo Ferrari'.

Enzo felt an explosion of fear and heat inside of him, and he instantly started to sweat. "Gee, it got pretty hot in here, right? ahaha~.." Enzo said nervously. He pulled the collar of his shirt a little to let a little cool air in. "Kenji, what was your plan?" He asked his familiar. "Just play along." the fox's form began to light up in pure yellow energy, and soon, his entire body was nothing but energy, you couldn't even tell he was a fox now. In Kenji's new form, he flowed down into Enzo's pocket, and Enzo felt it fill with something big and metal-like. "Kenji? Kenji what are you-" "-Hey kid, can you read? it's your turn." said a nearby student. "-Aah, yes, th-thank you." He nodded towards the rude student, and slowly tip-toed his way out in front of the crowd and onto the platform.

This better be a good plan.. He thought, as he could feel the evil, penetrating stare of the students and staff on the back of his neck. He slowly reached for the pocket Kenji flew in, and felt a handle. His hand stopped a bit, in shock, and then slowly gripped the handle. He slowly pulled out the object, and saw that it was a golden, .50 caliber Desert Eagle. His eyes widened at the sight of the large gun, but it was odd. It looked heavy and uncomfortable to use, but it felt as if it was molded just for Enzo. Remembering Kenji's words, he played along, clearing his throat rather loudly and aiming the gun at the dummy.

"Here goes nothing.." He said with uncertainty. Enzo pulled the trigger, and the inside of the gun's barrel began to light up with energy, before shooting off a large, yellow beam of energy the size of an 18-wheeler and it swallowed the robot whole. The beam hit the wall behind the dummy, digging a nice hole into that. In a few seconds, the beam shrunk, then stopped, leaving behind nothing but burn marks on the ground and around the wall which he had hit. The entire time, Enzo's eyes were wide open, wider than he could that could be, as he stood there, awkwardly with the gun in his hand.

It was time for Enzo's score. On the topic of damage, he scored a 9500, which was only 500 away from the the limit, and on a magic standpoint, he had a grand 10000. Again, Enzo kept his face, as his head turned slowly toward the scoreboard. Not only was he recommended for a team, but his category fell under Destruction as well. (That part was obvious)

"Who the hell is this kid?" Red muttered from the bleachers. "Haha, that kid matched your score!" said another experienced student and obvious henchman for Red. "Shut the fuck up. I'll deal with this kid soon." There was no way a fragile twig like Enzo was going to get even close to stealing Red's title of 'Strongest student' away from him.

Enzo walked over to the bleachers, sitting down at a spot where nobody else was nearby, and huffed, still surprised that situation happened. The same yellow energy flew back up to his shoulder and formed back into a cocky fox, laying on his back and twiddling with a toothpick in his mouth. "Sorry Enzo, that was the weakest I could have done for ya. Geehee~"

The next person's name to appear was 'Jacen Eirsth'.

Last edited:
Jacen stood in front of the drone, measuring up its size and dimensions.
Strongest magic attack...the Chamber. I've only done this once, and it was a training dummy in the house...this is much bigger than that. I'm going to have to charge this one. Jacen stepped forward a bit and channeled his energy into his fists. They began to ice over as his eyes and amulet began to glow a brilliant blue.
"Imprison." He pounded both fists into the ground as a wave of ice flew from his position to the drone, surrounding it in a cell of thick, transparent ice.
"Impale." Spikes jutted out from each wall, skewering the drone as they entered from multiple angles.
"Release." The spikes and cell walls began to vibrate as lightning ran from them, shocking the drone multiple times before melting away, leaving a pool electrified water at the base. The drone stood, full of punctures and still sparked as water dripped from the "wounds" Jacen's spell had caused.
God...is this actually supposed to be used against a human? Jacen's eyes were focused on the still standing drone, his face showing close to no emotion as he took a few deep breaths, as his internal temperature caused his exhalations to be very visible.
Granddad's book said magic is brutal...but just who would come up with this? Even if they aren't killed instantly, they would surely die from their wounds...
Beautiful, isn't it? The Chamber isn't just dramatically named...it's a 3 part spell meant to attack all senses of the body. They see themselves being stared at by whoever is around, along with seeing their reflections as they are imprisoned in ice. They feel as they are impaled and shocked by spikes. They hear their flesh being skewered and their blood running from their very body. They smell the stench of their internal organs being burnt by lightning...they taste their own blood as it drips from their mouth. The skills in that book aren't just for attacking and defending...but for..execution. This is not a spell for the faint-hearted, Jacen...you will soon come to learn that the magical abilities of the Eirsith bloodline are not to be taken lightly. I'll be speaking with you again, young one...it's time to come out of that shell of yours.
What the hell...who was that...how do they know about me? Am I going crazy? Did I get a good score? What did they mean come out of my shell? This is too weird... Jacen's eyes returned to their normal blue and the ice on his fists shattered, leaving fragments on the ground. He adjusted his vest and turned to look at the board, awaiting his score.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cid watched quietly, hoping that there's somebody whom he could possibly spar with. If you'd want to train you might as well train with someone better then yourself, his father would always say. Right now his prime candidates were the the basically the students who stood out. Aside from Silver though, her magic's affinity was something he prefer'd not to find out.

He glanced at his classmate Red, who had also been watching from the corner with his little gang of henchmen, Cid couldn't help but hear the annoying comments he made which only boosted his unneeded ego. He was supposedly the strongest student in the school, but only if Cid hadn't messed up his stance during his test maybe that would've been his title.

Cid's was lost in thought about the mistakes he made during his first year, that he bare snapped back with the next guy, Enzo, finally stood up too the platform. His body was scrawny (at least in Cid's trained mind) and his posture showed he wasn't exactly sure. Cid wondered what the kid would do though, the girl, Mirai proved him wrong with her score after all, maybe Enzo would do the same. Cid curiously watched as he pulled out a gun and when the shot was fired his eyes widended.

Cid glanced at the scoreboard and as the nearly perfect score appeared he laughed. The little guy matched Red. Cid turned towards Red, seeing him tell his little henches to fuck off. It wouldn't be surprising if that asshole would decide to start something later on in the day. Everybody knew that the title was Red's. At least for now.

"We'll see then." Cid mumbled to himself, deciding that if Enzo were to best Red later on in the year, he would be the next challenger.

• Time
12:45PM

With the robot fully restored, Jacen Eirsith's score appeared on the board. On the damage scale, he hit a high 8000, there was an apparent bonus for freezing effects when it came to damage, but on a magic level, the tall, dark-skinned male reached 6100. It seemed like nearly every student was eligible for teams right away. Of course, though that didn't do good enough would just have to wait longer until they were able to go out on the dangerous missions Sorcerers offered.

Enzo had been so wrapped up in the test, that he hadn't realized that nearly 4 hours had passed. It would make sense, since there were quite a lot of students on this test. Some had to wait a few minutes to plan out their attack, others had to charge them. A large sigh of relief left Enzo's body when he stretched. The test was pretty much over by this point, and most of the students were on the bleachers, while others were just finishing up their turn.

A few minutes later...

The last student had just ended his turn, and when he joined the mass of students on the sidelines, the staff that had been both monitoring the test and maintaining the robot, had come together in front of the new wizards. "First off, congratulations to everyone to had completed the test. We've seen that nearly 90% of you passed the team minimums, and are ready to move on to what probably interests you the most: Money. Now, before you go off 'saving the world', you have to understand that your team - once you make or join one - will require supervisors for the first three missions. Maybe less if you do well, but we'll talk about that in a bit."

"In Sorcerers, we section all of our students by rank, and since you are all new here, you're all at rank 1. The scale we used for the test? 10000 was the highest a rank 1 magician can do before being considered rank 2. Unfortunately, none of you passed that mark. Anyhoo, On your first mission, your going to be supervised by a rank 4 student. They should not be interfering with your mission, unless they absolutely have to, but mainly, they're just there to observe your progress."

"Now onto another topic, the next class you should all be taking is history class, which starts in 15 minutes. It's 30 minutes long, and after that, you're free to go about your business. Sound good, everyone? Okay, dismissed."
Like a race, the crowd of students got up and made way for the door, quickly clogging it. Enzo decided to wait a moment until the mass had gotten through, before he moved. The entire time, he could of swore he felt someone watching him with a burning passion, but he couldn't tell who - or from what direction.

"That wasn't so bad, was it, Enzo?" asked the over-confident fox. "You could have warned me!" "Doesn't matter. You handled it like a pro. A-plus!" Enzo rolled his eyes, then looked over to the door. It was clear for the most, so he stood up with Kenji on him, and walked out of the door. Out in the hallway, Enzo's stomach could be heard grumbling. He placed a hand on his stomach and groaned. "Ugh, I'm hungry. We've got 15 minutes, right? Let's stop by the cafeteria." "Fine. We can talk about teams on the way." And with that, the two started making their way down the hall and to the cafeteria.

Cid stood up as the staff finished their long announcement, history class even though lasting only thirty minutes were one of the more boringer classes at this school so these freshmen had it in it for them. He stretched slightly and yawned standing up from his seat, he took the sheathed sword that was kept next to him while he was watching and slipped it into its holster.

He made his way down the steps, his boots clicking quietly as he got lower. As he stepped out onto the floor he glanced at the doorway which slowly ate up the flood of students that were on their own ways. Cid walked into the mass, weaving his way between eager and sulking students alike. But despite his quick and usually-effective maneuvers the young man still managed to get caught and was forced to stick to the slow pace that the crowd hadn't improved.

Silver watched as everyone began to leave. History class? Silver knew all she needed to know about history, and didn't really want to learn more. As she stood up and began to move with the crowd, her mind began to wander, thinking about what sort of things there was to do around this school, and what sort of 'missions' they'd be sent on. She kept her hands on both swords at her sides, a bit paranoid that someone might try to take them or something. She didn't know what kind of people this school held, and her swords were very important to her. They are pretty much the only thing that has stayed constant throughout Silver's life, and she didn't want to lose that. Training with her swords helped her, calmed her down when she was upset, lots of things that other people might have friends or family for. It was kind of pathetic when she really thought about it, but that's just the way she is.

Lost in her thoughts, Silver was pushed forward by a student behind her, causing her to lose her balance a little and fall into the person in front of her. She didn't completely fall, and regained her balance after the person in front of her managed to accidentally stop her. "A-Ah.. Um..." Silver looked up to the figure in front of her, a rather tall, brown haired male. He seemed to be dressed strangely, but Silver didn't really care about that. "Sorry about that." She huffed slightly, wishing to turn around and make the person who shoved her learn to be more careful, but there wasn't enough room for something like that.

Cid sighed annoyance filtering his voice heavily, he hated moments like this where your forced into a small space such by the people around you, it was constricting almost, at least from his point of view. He looked among the crowd, trying to bide his time somehow. He recognized some students, one that he remembered watching during the test, for being and strong and weak alike. Although the majority of them weren't worth sparring with so he didn't really give any of them a second thought after that.

It was only when Cid was pushed by the person behind him did he turn around, and what he saw was the girl from earlier who had managed to stumble into him, she was clearly frazzled by the slight accident jumbling up on her word slightly until she somehow managed to get a hold of her senses. Cid opened his mouth to reply, but then again he didn't know what to say. He wasn't very socialble at all and his time here did help a tad but not enough evidently.

"Uh. Yeah, it's fine." Cid spoke, feeling slightly awkward himself. "We should probably start walking again." Cid continued glancing at her back where more students unpatiently waited for them to continue.

Silver looked up to the man as he turned around, blushing ever so slightly at eye contact. He had a nice voice, but the way he spoke sounded sort of awkward. Which didn't help Silver feel not very awkward. She glanced behind her, and noticed the ones who had pushed her were already gone, but the students behind them were giving them dirty looks. Silver pouted and turned to keep walking, wishing to avoid conflict while she was trapped with everyone around her. It seemed they were almost to a clearing, where the students broke off and went to do their own thing until it was class time, which relieved Silver. She glanced back up at the man next to her. Was he a student? She didn't recall him testing his magic like everyone else, but maybe she was too late to see it? Maybe she could ask. Or maybe she wouldn't. Part of her didn't really want to, but her curiosity always overruled whatever disagreed with it. Looking back forward, she sighed. Might as well start trying to make friends around here.

"...I'm Silver, by the way.. Are you a new student here too?..."

Cid nodded, as she began walking with him He avoided looking directly at her though, she was quite shy blushing and what not. So he just turned the other way, ruffling his hair trying to figure out what to say. Who knew having a conversation could be this hard. The tide of people kept them together for a while but after they managed to slightly separate from the group Cid could finally breath again. He was so relived that he had forgotten he had been walking with the girl, her sigh reminding him of her presence

"Not much of a conversationalist either huh?" Cid replied sighing similar to her but with a hint of a chuckle. Silver. It was quite the interesting name. "Well I'm Cid. I joined Sorcerers like a year ago..so what was the whole thing during the test you did?" Cid replied pausing a bit before turning his statement into a question, seeing if he could somehow continue the talk.

Silver almost let out a sigh of relief at his response, shaking her head slowly. Conversation with strangers was always hard, but at least it wasn't quite as awkward as she thought it would be. Cid had been here for a year already, though. No wonder he didn't get to show off his abilities. Though, Silver couldn't help but wonder what sort of abilities he had. While they were in a more open area, she scrunched her nose at his question. She didn't want to scare him or anything, well, at least not yet. How to explain...

"Um, well, I'm an illusionist, you see. I can make people see, feel, or experience things when in reality nothing is happening to them. I'm rather limited in who it affects, though, since it's not exactly an easy thing to do. What I did was focus on the dummy, and basically imagine tons of horrible things happening to it..." She looked down and fidgeted with her hands, not exactly proud of being able to imagine such things about people. "If I had tons more of magic power, I probably could have shown it off to everyone there, but.. I'm not that strong." Silver brushed a hand through her hair as she explained, smiling sheepishly.

Most people in the cafeteria looked dumbfounded. They were all giving little glances at the table which Enzo and Kenji sat at. In reality, it was hard for any of them to eat with the savage-like noises coming from their table as they ate the ramen in front of them. It was almost like an intense race to see who could finish their bowl first. At last, the noises stopped with the last slurp. They had both finished at the same time, and let out a satisfying burp. "That really hit the spot.." "A worthy pre-celebration for the truckload of cash to come." "Is the money all you care about, Kenji?" "Well, no. I'm concerned about your progress on your memories as well. How's that going, anyway?" "You'd know better than me.."

As the two talked, the glass doors to the cafe were forcibly swung open by strong hands. A towering figure and a few smaller ones marched into the dining area, and closed in on Enzo and Kenji as they were talking. "I wonder how I'm going to find a team. Nobody will accept me because I'm a non-combatant. What do you think, Ke-" Enzo's speech was cut off when a large fist slammed down onto the table between the two, making the two empty bowls take flight for a moment.

"You Enzo Ferrari?" said the tall, hulking boy. "N-" "What's it to you?"
"You made quite a high score back there. I want to fight you. After your little 'history class'." "Fight you?! Why would I fight you? Who are you anyway?!" "Red. I'm the muscle of this whole damn school." "Careful, Red. You won't like Enzo when he's angry." "Kenji! Don't fuel the fire!" "You're little bitch is quite cocky, so how about we stake this, whelp? If you win, you'll get my title. If I win, you get to be my bitch for the entire semester." "He accepts, and will be there right after class."
Red paid Enzo a sickening smile that could only mean harm. The fragile boy gulped, and the cocky Red walked off with his 'escorts'. That's when Enzo glared toward Kenji with new found hate.
"Why the hell would you say that?! Are you trying to get me killed?" "It's live training, Enzo. Besides, have I let you down yet?" "That doesn't mean you can go sign me up to be somebody's punching bag! All I want is to attend this school normally, not become some school favorite!" Silence fell between the two for what seemed like a minute or two. Kenji's confident aura was slowly fading into deep thought when he spoke again. "You know, Rakuyo had the right idea. Putting you through all that. Saying what he said. Those books won't teach you anything. Real life is when you really see what you're made of." "How did you.." "I know everything about you, Enzo. Even your past. You don't give yourself much credit, heh."

Both of their tones had definitely piped down now. Enzo had no prior knowledge that Kenji even know of his past. He had always assumed the fox didn't know.
The boy looked down at his hands. This moment had only increased his curiosity in what he was like back then. Was he brave? A fighter? A magician? "I'm not just some smartass fox, Enzo. I know you can defend yourself. I've seen it myself, and I'm determined to see it again. Such is my job." Enzo looked up, and they exchanged glances of concern and trust. The two would definitely need to talk after today. Just then, the round clock on the wall hit 12:55, letting out a bell sound. It meant it was time for the history class, which Enzo vowed to go to. "Red would want to fight in the basketball court. Do yourself a favor and be there." The fox stood up on the table, then dashed off, and out of sight. Enzo let out a worried sigh. A part of him wanted to believe Kenji was right, that he was actually a good fighter back in the day, but he couldn't feel any sort of magic - or courage - inside him. He also knew that if he didn't learn to defend himself, that he'd get into some serious trouble on a mission. Perhaps Kenji knew this as well? For once, it felt like he didn't know his best friend at all, like everything he DID know, was a lie. He stood up, and started heading for the history class.

Cid Akatsuka
The two of them walked for about a half-minute or so until they were a bit more separated from the crowd. He slipped his hands into the pockets of his pants listening to her detailed explanation of just what her magic was capable of. He couldn't help but laugh slightly at just how right his earlier assumption was. This girl's magic was definitely something he didn't want to experience. Afterwards the silence fell again and Cid remembered one of his father's teachings, a teaching he had problems listening too in the past.

He thought for a moment recounting the scene of his disappointed father shaking his head at the thirteen-year old Cid for not killing a wild hog they found during his training. And Cid knew exactly why his father wasn't happy. Cid back then had been afraid of using his magic, heck he was afraid of swinging his own blade and if it weren't for his father cutting in last minute, Cid would've probably died then.

Snapping back from his thoughts he looked at Silver, "You know, my father taught me that if I'm afraid or ashamed of my magic that I'd never be able progress further. I don't know if you'd find that comforting, but I just thought I'd put it out there. I had the same problem as you when I was younger." Cid admitted whilst giving her that viable piece of advice, as he had obviously noticed the small signs that showed with her actions, the fidgeting, the whole looking downwards thing, Cid was pretty familiar with acting like that so he could clearly see it in his new acquaintance

Cid returned to his quiet self after the small encouragement he offered, it wasn't really like him to talk that much. But seeing as they were literally just standing there awkwardly in the middle of the opening he decided to just try and reduce how awkward the scene felt, and probably looked, so he decided to speak once again. Clearing his throat he grasped at different things he could say, each one falling short.

"Well I'd show you my magic but I think you got a class going on soon right?" Cid asked, not meaning that he didn't like talking to her but more of the fact he frankly didn't know what else to say. He one of his hands from his pocket at ruffled his hair, a habit of his whenever he felt awkward. He wasn't really sure what he ought to do, to maybe add some more to the question so it wouldn't sound as harsh it may have? Or maybe he should just be quiet, and of course he opted to what suited him the best, being quiet.

A few minutes of walking and slight bumpings later, Enzo walked into the history classroom. The room was dimmed, and it smelt of old books, but there were rows of students sitting in their chairs while a teacher Enzo had never seen before stood in front of them with a book in hand. Quietly, Enzo made his way to the back-ish of the room, and found an open seat. The room was quiet. The silence was only broken for a quick cough or the grind of chairs on tile floor.
The teacher cleared his throat before letting go of the book in his hand. It floated in mid-air beside him. "Salutations, new students, and welcome to my history class. I'm professor Uxhail, and this will probably be the last time you'll see me for a while, because this class only happens twice each year, and you may only attend once. Safety reasons."
Safety reasons? What could possibly be in history class that's dangerous?
The door to the hallway closed once most of the new students arrived, meaning anyone currently outside of the class could still make it. all sounds from outside were muted. The book turned towards the students, who all looked at the book as it slowly opened. Text began to glow, and seemingly 'float' out of it's pages. It would then magically implant itself in the minds of the students who were attending. This was a type of intelligent magic, only used for schools and military camps as a method of fast learning. Enzo's eyes slowly closed as if he were dozing off - the same as the other students. In their minds, a scene was building itself. A scene from long ago.

More than a hundred thousand years ago, before the existence of humanity, there were two spirits that existed.
that did nothing but oppose each other by nature. One was Genesis, a being of pure light and will and then there was Aurora, which was the total opposite. An angry spirit of darkness and corruption. These two spirits came across mankind, and saw their sins, and the errors of their ways. As an effort to reduce it, Genesis redirected their lost souls to Aether, a realm made just for souls that only yearned for good will, while Aurora pulled the rest to the Gaze, a realm for the unfortunate - those who either did nothing, or did bad.
Of course, humans could do no more than to kill to survive, so magic was their gift. Their ability to choice their path in life. After this, humanity evolved quicker than any other race, eventually becoming the dominate race on earth.Years later, both Aurora and Genesis grew a desire to experience human life, so they began possessing human beings when they were found. Those humans would have incredible abilities, far beyond their peers. Throughout their life, they would grow to live with their spirited companion.
One man, ironically named Destruction, formed a group of people that would uphold the laws of magic, to make sure they were balanced, and that our homes were safe. They went by 'Guardians of Magic'. The guardians wore rings that held different types of borrowed power from Genesis. Eventually, the Guardians died of age, but the rings stayed, and found new owners, which restarted it's cycle, and thus; they became the new Guardians of Magic.
As of this day, it is rumored that the current Guardians of Magic possess the spirit of Genesis, and it is essential to trust in the existence of both spirits.

Humans aren't the only lifeforms to wield the ability of magic. Believe it or not, there are more races with us than you think, thanks to the ability to travel between realms. A lot of times, you may have noticed the term 'Soulless' and 'Angel'. A Soulless is a being born into the Gaze rather than transferring over to the realm by death. They are demonic in appearance, and are extremely rare in our world. On the other hand, Angels are born within the Aether, and are quite common, though only exist within the safety of the Magic Council. You are considered to be quite lucky if you see any one of the two races.

Before you embark on your career as a Sorcerer, you must know that there are laws to abide by, and that they are heavily enforced by the Magic Council. The Magic Council is magic's world police, and without them, there would be no Sorcerers. If you spot a wizard in light robes, and wearing the Council insignia, it's best to treat them as you would a militant.

This lesson has covered the basics of what you should keep in mind while on your path to becoming a better person. Molding a good wizard is key to keeping our home and neighborhoods safe. That concludes this history class.
Enzo found himself with his face laying sideways on his class desk. He rose slowly, along with the other students who had attended. Looking at the clock, it was 1:30. Exactly 30 minutes had passed since he had entered, and it reminded him of his next task, one he would much rather avoid.
The teacher had dismissed the students, and began packing up as if the classroom itself wouldn't be used for future classes. He shrugged to himself, and left the classroom with the other masses. Normally, now would be the time that the school would release you. New students didn't have much in terms of classes, so it was a mercy. For Enzo, though, he had to meet Kenji and Red in the basketball court, so he started walking in that direction.
It only took a few seconds to realize that the other students were going in the same direction. If the boy had paid attention, he would have noticed that there were posters all over the interior of the school, basically advertising the fight between Enzo and Red, for the title of 'Strongest Student like it was a UFC match.
He opened the double doors leading to the basketball court, and instantly, he realized that most - if not all - of the students crowded the room. The bleachers were full, and there were people standing around them, while the actual court was clear. There was only one figure standing in the court, and that was Red. The crowd was cheering him on while he performed warmups like stretching, pushups, and mental focusing.
Suddenly, Enzo was pushed from the back, sending him straight out into the court and onto his face. The crowd went wild, having not seen Red get this serious about a fight in years. "Aww, there he is!" He chanted, amping up the crowd as Enzo rose to his feet.

I'm not looking forward to this.

Silver let out a sigh as she listened to Cid speak, recalling that someone else once told her that too. It wasn't that she was afraid of her magic, it was more that she was afraid of what she could do to other people. She didn't mind using it on things that didn't have life, like that dummy when she was tested. But her magic could seriously scar someone for life if she used it right, and she didn't really want to do that, no matter who told her she was supposed to. Silver shivered slightly at the thought, quickly pushing it out of her mind. She looked up at Cid again when he cleared his throat.

Class? Oh, history class. She almost forgot about that. She really doubted it was that important, though. Well, maybe it was. Either way, she didn't really care that much. It wasn't like she was here for the school anyways. "Ah.. Class... Yeah, I'm not going," she said with a shrug. There was no use wasting her time there while she could be doing something else. Like training. "..Oh, there's a training room around here somewhere, right? Isn't it nearby?" One of her hands rested on one of the swords at her side subconsciously as she glanced around for signs of a training room.

Cid Akatsuka
Cid watched curiously, as the girl sighed. Maybe he hadn't read her completely right, or maybe he was just over-confident in his analyzing skills, Cid didn't know. This girl was kinda unpredictable. Neither of them had really given out too much of their personalities. Maybe its because they were both timid in some senses.

When she told him she was planning on cutting classes, Cid didn't know what to say. Should he be a proper student and usher her there? Or should he just relax a little longer? "Yeah? I did the same thing when I was a freshmen and kinda do it now too." Cid chuckled, but when Silver mentioned about training during classes Cid was automatically intrigued, even more so as he noticed the blade she kept sheathed with her.

"Yeah there's one nearby. We could head over there then, better then standing out here I guess." Cid began as he started to walk off in the direction with her. "You know how to use that sword?" Cid continued after a minute or so of walking out of complete curiosity, gesturing to the sheath with his.

If her swordplay was good then he'd be willing to train with her, and it'd be a good time-killer every once in a while for the both of them if this situation were to ever happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.