< Yami Ga Kuru >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacen walked to the dormitory block, keycard in hand and spinning his headphone cord around his fingers.
D-4...alrighty.He swiped the card and walked into the dorm, taking in its appearance. Fresh, clean...bed was made. Nothing out of the ordinary, but still rather spacious. Walking into the main area, he took note of the rooms. One on either side, with a common area and bathroom in the middle. Two rooms a block? Looks like I might have a roommate.
"Welcome, Jacen Eirsith. Welcoming initiated 2 seconds later than average, system reconfiguring." Robotic welcome party...and keyed to an ID database. Impressive..late, but impressive. Doesn't look like anyone else is here though.
Jacen tossed his backpack on the bed, and took off his vest, placing it over the bag.
Jeez...at least the AC works in here. Hopefully the cafeteria that headmaster pointed to during the tour isn't too far away...this heat is ass and I need food. He got up and walked towards the main door, closing his behind him and stopped as he noticed a dry-erase board on the room's door.
In case someone else comes in...should probably let them know someone is here already. He grabbed the marker and wrote "Maestro's realm, visitors welcome" in a basic script, adding a stylized snowflake under the words.
He smirked to himself before tossing the marker back on the table in the common area.
Who knows...might even make a friend on the first day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rakuyo released his grip, the cocoon opening back up, leaves falling back into their frail form. "Sorry, but this is the only way I see you discovering whatever it is you think you have bottled inside of you." he said, his stern face returning back to its usually fun gaze. "Needless to say, those books aren't going to get you anywhere. Real life is where you learn the most" he said, walking out of the room, not caring to wait for Enzo, heading to the cafeteria. "Perhaps I went to far" he muttered in his head, moving to the McDonalds he saw in the corner. he nibbled on a burger and planned some more, contemplating whether or not a prank was good for the second day. And then his mind drifted unto the thought of waking up before eight? Hell, time was meaningless to Rakuyo up until now. He wiped his face with the cheap paper napkin and stood up, planning to give his fries to that fox that Enzo brought along.

Until this point, the robotic voice hadn't greeted him. He jumped at the sound of its voice, spinning around and looking for its source, slowly backing into the room like a maniac. He had lived a fairly isolated farm life, not really interacting with technology. He turned to the familiar. "Hey, I brought you something..." he said, setting the box of fries down next to the laptop that the fox was using. He left the room and entered his own, flopping down on the bed.

Enzo fell to his knees, watching as his own blood dripped to the floor. His legs were too weak to stand, and Rakuyo had walked right past him and out of the door. Enzo was angry, but took his words to heart. He wiped his face, clearing away the blood for now. Around a minute later, he was rested enough to stand, and he slowly - but surely - limped his way out of the training room and to the nearest bathroom. First day at school.. Already getting bullied. One heck of a first impression..

Back at the 'crib', Kenji heard Rakuyo enter - not into the room, but back when he entered the building itself - and purposely ignored him until he heard a thud nearby. Kenji peeled his sight from the screen to look over at the box of fries nearby. "Hmph, not bad." He said lowly with an impressed look.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: AiDee
"You cannot heal a lifetime of pain overnight,
but you can be a candle,xxxxxxxxx
& light the darkness for some brighter days."
▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿ ▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴
Okay then! Let's hope this goes well.
After giving a cheerful goodbye, "See you later hero-kun!" to her white-haired savior, Mirai bounded off into the crowd to listen to the speeches. From the back, Mirai looked the part of a sixteen year old girl, but if you looked at her talking, you'd think she was several years younger. Once the speeches and the tour was over, she took a moment to go over the stuff she had been given. The dorm card she had been given was labelled A7. It was interesting to be part of the A dorms. A for awesome!

The door was all robotic and cool. Mirai pushed her ID into the slot and it opened to reveal a well-furnished room for two. A beautiful girl was laying on one bed. With a smile, Mirai knocked the wall lightly to announce her coming in. She didn't have to wait long, though, because a robotic voice installed in the room spoke. "Welcome. Mirai Yukimoto, room A6."

Mirai giggled at the sound of the voice and looked over at the girl before taking her backpack to the other side of the room and sitting on the bed. It was nice. Some of her belongings had been shipped over from Nagasaki. Only two medium sized boxes. Mirai didn't have many things. She was always changing homes so she tried to keep her luggage on the low.

"Hi, I'm Mirai," She smiled, "It's nice to meet you! Let's be good roommates."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
As the crowd from the tour began to disperse, Josey breathed a sigh of relief. Large crowds really weren't his thing. During the entire tour and introduction he had stayed as far away from the crowd as possible, to the point where he had to strain his ears to hear what the man at the front was saying. Luckily, he caught the jist of it. He picked up his luggage, which was nearly half the size of him and headed toward his dorm with an effort. This place is amazing! So much magic and possibilities! This is way better than reading those books. Where should I go after I drop off my stuff? Maybe I should grab something to eat. Or maybe go and train. Oh the library looked impressive, maybe I should go there! While thinking to himself, Josey walked right past the dorm. It took him a couple of minutes to figure out that he had passed his destination Where am I? Did I pass the dorms already? He looked back to see the boys dormitory in the distance. He hurried back to it, pulling out the card to his room.

Alright D5, here we are. He slid in his room card and jumped at the sound of a robotic voice welcoming him "Welcome Josey Monomoto room D5" Hesitantly, Josey opened the door. Inside he took note of the room. Hmm, two beds. It appears I'll be having a room mate. Tired from hauling his luggage around, and from all the walking, he laid down on his bed and shut his eyes.

Silver had almost fallen asleep, at least until she heard someone else enter the room. This must be her roommate. She opened her eyes and sat up, quickly trying to fix her hair since she feared it might have gotten a bit messy while she was laying down. When Silver finally looked at the new stranger, she realized it was the girl from before. She sure looked adorable when she wasn't crying. Not that she didn't look adorable when she was, Silver just prefered her not to cry. The girl politely introduced herself, and Silver stood up, brushing her clothes back down to prevent them from getting too wrinkly. "Nice to meet you, Mirai. I'm Silver," she tried to say in a nice, soft tone with a smile. The girl seemed fragile, which wasn't a bad thing, but Silver wasn't sure how to act around people like her. Which reminded her...

"Er... How's your arm?" Silver had recalled that it was bleeding a bit earlier, and she didn't want the poor girl to run around with an open wound. That would be awful.

• Time
4:00 PM

Enzo had taken care of the nose bleed once he had reached the bathroom. The mirrors there proved invaluable for him. He looked at himself afterwards. Both hands on the counter and slightly slumped over. He remembered he still had to go to the library, but wondered if there were going to be any other psychotic people willing to 'force out his potential'. He scoffed to himself, and pushed away from the counter, righting himself.

The trip from the restrooms to the library wasn't long, he had only passed a few empty classrooms on the way there. He could smell the dusty books just from the entrance. It only got worse when he entered. It was strange, the library looked much bigger on the inside, and it kind of hurt to think about how that worked. An old, strained, male voice sounded off from his right. "..Can I help you?"

It made Enzo look over in that direction, and change his overall mood to seem joyful. "Yeah, I'm new here and I was told to get my books here." "Down the middle aisle, and to your left. That should be where the orientation books are." Enzo nodded as thanks for the old man's assistance, and followed his directions. As he walked down the very tall aisle, he couldn't help but admire the different kind of books there. How-tos, Magic for dummies, Know the origin...
Enzo wasn't much of a reader, but he knew when to appreciate a good selection when he saw it.

Eventually, he came across the starter books. They weren't much to look at, mainly because they didn't go into as much detail as the other books there, and weren't the size of large shopping bags. He slid off his backpack, groaning at the thought of the possibility that all of his contents may be crushed. Surprisingly, they were in tact. He smiled, and began packing away some books to read later, mainly a guide and a spell book for newbies. Others were unimportant.

Enzo walked back out to the entrance. He knew he didn't have to pay for the books, as long as they didn't leave campus grounds, so he didn't receive any fuss from the old man. That was when he made his way back to the dorm, but just as he reached the lobby, he couldn't help but notice a rather large crowd near the cafeteria. He decided to get a closer look by wondering aimlessly until he was just outside of the group. It wasn't hard to see what was going on. There was a tall student, well built and an obvious muscle head, bullying a smaller student laying on the ground next to a pair of broken glasses. "Red! Red! Red!" cheered some heartless fangirls. Clearly the brute's name was Red. He had red, spikey hair, anyway.

Enzo wanted to step in, but he knew he couldn't do anything. With guilt, he backed away from the crowd, and let them continue. A few minutes later, he was infront of his dorm. He opened it with a swipe of a card and walked in, ignoring the robotic greeting. "Someone's salty." Kenji commented without even having to look. Enzo came into the room and dropped his now heavier backpack near the bed. "Did something happen?" "No, I'm just tired." Enzo replied, falling backwards onto the bed once more. "While you were gone, I got an idea.." "Mmmhmm." "This school's training system is kind of slow, so I will do the training." "Oh no.." "First thing after history class tomorrow, we're going to work out. Don't want to embarrass yourself in front of everyone else when the team designation begins." "I'm not doing that!" "You are. Don't worry, it's not hard. All they do is throw a bunch of drones at you so you can destroy them. After that, they either assign you to a team, or you make your own." "Kenji, you know I can't fight!" "Then you can help some other way. Maybe if you try hard enough, you can be the team's waterboy." "Not funny." "Just think of the money I c-.. You could get. Maybe by the time you get your first mission done, you'd have met a nice girl and have the money to take her out. "Okay, now that was funny." "Don't act like you can't do it. We're in the big, dangerous world all by our lonesome selves, right?" "..."

• Episode 1 ending in 4 posts.

• Thank You

"Ah, I totally forgot!" Mirai giggled at Silver and took at the scrape on her arm. The blood had dried, leaving a very gross looking injury. She shook her head at her own forgetfulness. She opened one of her boxes, taking out some bathroom supplies. "Give me a second, I will take care of it." Mirai smiled, "You should rest. Don't worry about me." She didn't want to interrupt Silver's rest. As she entered the bathroom with the small box, she called out, "Thank you for reminding me about the arm," she laughed nervously.

Mirai had enough experience with injuries to know what to do. She stifled a scream as she disinfected the wound with peroxide, pouring over her arm and holding it above the sink. As the dirt and blood rinsed away, she patted the cut dry, rubbed in some neo-sporin and searched for a bandaid.

When she was done, she washed her hands and splashed her face with water, setting up some of her things in the bathroom. She put the shampoos and bath washes around the bath tub edges, the face washes inside the closet behind the sink's mirror and cleaning supplies under the sink curtain. She took a moment to remove her eye makeup, tied her hair into a bun and pinned back her bangs. She could almost imagine the comfort. Change into sweats and jump into bed. Ahh, I'm finally here!

She returned to the room when she was done, falling onto her bed. A bed feels so nice! Mirai took a glance at her roommate's bed. Silver was very, very beautiful. She was excited to be her roommate.

Silver sat back down on the bed, watching as the girl went to the bathroom to take care of her cut. She was going to offer help, but it seemed Mirai had it under control. Silver laid back down on the bed with her arms behind her head, staring at the ceiling as she waited. She wondered what other sorts of people she might meet, and if she would meet someone she was looking for soon. But she didn't really want to think about that. Before long, Mirai came back out, looking like she made herself at home already. Silver couldn't help but smile a bit, thinking she should probably set her things up too. "All better?"

"Yeah. It's all better now." Mirai mumbled cheerfully. She was so comfortable on the bed that the excitement in her voice had bubbled down to a calm. She smiled at the ceiling, raising her arm and curling her fingers as if to grab at something. "I want to put stars on the ceiling. Or maybe a canopy. I don't know. Something interesting..." Mirai's voice trailed off. She rolled to the side of the bed, realizing she probably should put the covers on the bed already. She could see the pink bedsheets poking out of the box she'd open. Mirai rumbled off the bed and started opening her boxes. She started with the bed first, putting on the floral pink bed sheet and pillowcases. She tried to be as quiet as possible. She spent some taking out her books and journals and arranging them in a makeshift shelf next to her bed.

She sat down when she was done, crossing her legs and taking out her journal. Putting a box of color pencils in front of her, she drew a picture of the school as she she'd seen it today. When she was done, she wrote for a while.

Dear Mom,

I have finally made it to Sorcerers. Shall I consider this a dream come true? Today, I also met a white-haired savior. For a moment, I might have thought he wasn't real, but when I gave him one of my mints, he ate it and smiled. So he must be real. There was another boy, too. A small one, with black hair. I want to talk to him soon. I hope he doesn't feel that he pushed me. It was my own fault that I fell.

Mom, I really wish you were here. I am doing everything by myself. There's a band-aid on my arm from where I fell. If you were here, you'd kiss it and tell me everything would be okay. I bet even dad would tell me to stop being such a baby. Someone called me an idiot for falling today. It didn't hurt that much because Hero-kun was there. Hopefully, I will make some more friends in my year.

Mom, I wish you could see my room. My roommate is gorgeous. She's the kind of girl all the boys will probably follow. Ha ha. I can't wait to see them fall over for her. And I will feel very happy that she is my roommate, the popular gorgeous lady. [smileyfaces] The room is really nice. I hope I can put some stars on the ceiling and decorate my wall. I also wish that I had some blue construction paper. Silver seems like the type of person who would like the color blue. I can make her some origami cranes. [heart-heart]

Mom, where are you today?

Love,

Mirai.

She folded the top and bottom edges of the page so that it formed a triangle, covering the text. Many of the pages in her journal were folded in such a way. Where the two edges met, she For Mom. Finished writing, Mirai looked over at her box of her things and decided to keep unpacking.

Not more than a second after the brief school tour he was parted from his newly met young damsel and left alone again. The other students had all dispersed, leaving to their respective locations whether it be dorms, home, or checking out other places the school had in store. Sinclair found himself to be at a stalemate. He knew he had ordered for a dorm but he was beginning to wonder if he'd even be able to find it. His sense of direction wasn't always the best and he had hopped to not disorient himself while walking about the halls and looking like a lost git on the first hour of the school-year. The lament of a newbie, ah well, he had to suck up his apprehensions and start looking. Almost magically, the white haired stud pulled a keycard from his pockets and saw the text "D-4" printed on. He rose an eyebrow and looked forward to see if he was at least headed down the right path. To his luck, he was between the C and D sections of the male dorms. With basic observation and simply following through, he counted the numbers down from D-10 down. A lower number appeared on ever other side of the hallway walls causing him to zigzag his gaze some. Soon he finally arrived at his dorm room and with a simple swipe the door opened with a light clank of the tumblers unlocking and the hinges freeing themselves from the inner frame. Upon opening his room door he found he wasn't alone. Another student, almost similar, if not bigger in body tone already taking refuge inside of the room. This didn't really bother him none, he had a feeling he may be bunking with someone. Time to be social. "Ah, hello. I suppose we're sharing this dormitory, are we?" He closed the door behind him, pushing until he heard the reassuring clank of the lock. He dropped his bag by the table close to the large dresser and sat on the opposite bed combing his fingers through his hair in a single motion while taking a breather. The rooms air was nice and he felt at ease being able to sit again. "So we may as well get acquainted, no? My name's Sinclair. Came from a sheltered sort of life. Taught by my dad who used to teach here according to his stories. Taught 'Magic History' or some jargon." To his best effort, he clearly stated his name and why he was here. Now he patiently waited for his roommates rebuttal, if he feels inclined to return one.

So much for that. Another student came in as soon as he was preparing to leave, and introduced himself as Sinclair. He sat on the opposite bed, seeming as if he was waiting for Jacen to respond. Well, that was fast. "Pleased to meet you, I'm Jacen. I come from a slightly sheltered background, if you want to call it that. I'm predominantly self taught, picked up a few things from my grandfather's old books and I'm here to...learn better control/advanced techniques. At least that's what my folks told me." He grabbed his wallet and tossed his card into the back pocket of his pants.
"I was actually about to go to the cafeteria and grab something before exploring the campus a bit...wanna join?" He just got here, but it'd be nice to at least ask...no use going around the grounds alone if I don't have to.

Rakuyo sat up once again, the bed beginning to stiffen his back. He picked up the staff and used as a walking stick until he reached the door. Automatically, it slid open, a blast of cool air from the AC clashing with his own hot skin. Rakuyo had left the staff back by the door of his room, and was now walking into town to get some new clothes. Sure, he had money to get expensive clothing, but that wasn't exactly his style. He returned to the school with his first phone, a simple touch screen device with some fruit developer. He also bought himself a few new outfits.

So here he was, walking down the road with a dozen or more bags slung over his shoulder. He needed a haircut, how long had it been, really? 10 years? He thought he might be able to find a girl capable of doing it; most girls knew how to cut hair, right? He entered the school once again, whipping his brow. He was back in his room, and he sat on the empty floor of the center room. This place needed furniture...

> > Arc 1 < <
> > Episode 2: The Strongest Student < <
  • 9:10AM
  • Tuesday
  • 88 degrees
  • Student task: Report to the training room at 9:10AM sharp!
  • Rumor: None
The training room was filled with loud, destructive noises and the chime of magic spells going off. Students stood in line to perform their strongest magical, or normal attack on a humanoid drone to measure their current magic level, categorize them to their proper classrooms, and to determine if they're ready for teams. After each powerful magic attack was casted, a board would appear on the wall, almost like a scoreboard, showing them their damage level and magic input, as well as the magic type, classroom number, team eligibility, and the name of the next student in line to cast their spell.

Enzo showed up just on time, as they had just begun. He wore gym clothes this time around, since the newly arrived students still didn't have to wear them until Monday. Kenji rode on his shoulder. There was no way he'd let Enzo's money-making potential slip by him. Enzo was nearly blown away by the wind caused by the sheer power of one of the students. Apparently it was an air-type move, so that could have been the reason. Red, the brute from earlier, was standing near the wall, watching as all the new students gave it their own on the 15ft drone that took their new, but devastating moves.

Not everyone used destructive magic. Others had attempted to heal the drone, which counted the same way as damage. Some ripped apart the limbs of the drones, only to have them reattach right after. Enzo joined at the back of the line, and could hear the excited students even from where he was. "Are you going to watch me?" "I've been practicing this move for a few months now." "I hope I do good..." was basically what was going on in the crowd. Suddenly, the name 'Rakuyo Ketto' Appeared on the board, indicating he was up next.

• Locations
Sorcerers​
Lobby
Training room
Basketball court/Gym
Library
Cafeteria
Rooftop
Dormitory
Lobby
Dorms
Campus

Garden
Track
Town
Streets
The Wizard's Treat
Battle Royal (CLOSED)
Beach
Mage's shop
Docks
Forest
???

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Rakuyo sat up off of the pillar he was sitting on, approaching the robot he was supposed to attack. He was unsure if this "drone" would recognize Rakuyo's Magi. His was unique, the only seasonal type magic in the world. He looked around him, wary of the eyes of cute girls watching him. He wasn't exactly fond of using this spell, but if he had to use his most powerful spell, he would. He brought his hands up, an a magical circle formed under his feet. "Aurora Leaves" was all that was heard, and then a few solemn leaves materialized, each a hue of blue. They launched, lodging themselves in the metal of the Robot.

He turned, smirking at the few giggles that were heard from the audience. He brought one hand up, and snapped his fingers. In a moment, a sound that matched that a large tidal wave filled the room. In another, the room was filled with green leaves, and the drone was now nothing more than a pile of scrap, millions of tiny pieces filling the room. The giggles had disappeared.

• Love
Reactions: IAmEnzo
Cid Akatsuka had been doing nothing at all yesterday, it was his second year at Sorcerer's and he's learned a total of three spells. An impressive feat for a Spell Bladist like himself, as most enchants take about a year or so to practice till mastering. During the freshmen's orientation he just stayed in his dorm reading spell books that could possibly further his progress but for today he decided to watch what the new batch had got. Sitting on the bleachers where other upper-class men observed he could catch the glances of some students.

The freshmen were probably glancing at his attire, he looked like he came from the woods in the north instead of living in the city which was kinda true. He would changed into a more modern set, but his father hard-drilled the mentality of the Akatsuka clan. That the arts of Spellblading should be respected, the attire included. But anyway, Cid didn't really mind much he just watched curiously student after student seeing just how strong some of them were.

The tiny pieces that were once a full robot began to shake, and soon, all of them started to levitate, and slowly come back together, filling in missing pieces and parts like a jigsaw puzzle, until it was a completed bot. After the reassembly, Rakuyo's score was shown on the board. On a range from 0 to 10000, 10000 being the best in damage, Rakuyo had scored an 8500. As for magic input, he scored a 5000. His team readiness was definitely there, and his magic class was in the Mental category. (Telekinesis, Mind control, etc..)

The school's staff, along with some of the students, gave Rakuyo a hand for his effort, and he could be dismissed from the training room if he wanted.

The next name to appear on the board was 'Sinclair Viravichi'.

• Thank You
Silver had arrived in the training room a few minutes late, but there was no way she'd miss out on this opportunity. She would get to see other people's magic, and that was always something that she looked forward to in situations like these. She stood near the back, waiting for something exciting to happen, which she wasn't sure it would at this rate. The next name on the board was Sinclair. Silver thought it was a strange name, but she couldn't really talk about strange names. She glanced around, seeing a couple familiar faces, but none that she personally knew.

Seeing people attacking these strange dummies, Silver frowned. "Dummies? I can't use my magic on things that don't have minds..." she said to herself, perhaps a bit too loud as she crossed her arms in protest. Well, at least she could slice it up with her swords.

Sinclair showed up relatively late. He hoped his tardiness could be overlooked by the minute split he had to arrive. He saw the rest of the students lined up, awaiting their turn to prove themselves in front of the entire school. Before him stood a 15ft mechanism used to calculate a persons magic intensity and format it into a scale from 1 - 10000. From what he managed to gather a bunch of students had already made their mark by giving the machine quite the thrashing but it hasn't gone down. Strange, he didn't know the contraptions durability but it must've been pretty impressive if it had taken the brunt of multiple spells. Then again... Not everyone could've been damage dealers. He shrugged lightly, almost unnoticeably, and kept his forward march to the towering dummy. He scanned the thing, looking it up and down seeing if there were any obvious weak points or least protected areas but the whole thing seemed pretty solid. He took a breath to calm himself down and ignore all the eyes watching him as he was put on the stage. He opened his jacket and a pouch with chunks of solid iron were packed inside, he swung his hand over the pouch and the chunks reacted, following his movements. He turned his palm top-sided and the chunks flew over the robot. Orbiting the machine and thinning out into a needle shape. Sinclair then pointed his fingers downward and the needles extended, dozens of them pierced through the machine through it's head, jugular, clavicle, arms, calves, upper torso, hands, back, and feet. The machine was pinned to the floor under a not to therapeutic acupuncture. He lifted the needles, the metal had cried as it scraped off the needles. The needles then returned to their solid chunk state and collected back into Sinclair's hidden pouch as he closed his jacket. His job was done. He turned to the other reaches of the Training Hall, walking past the line of students. During his little walk he heard one girl talking to herself, she seemed almost disappointed in something. This caught the males attention, or more so he wanted to try his hand at being a problem solver again. He walked over to the distressed young woman. "Something troubling you?" He assumed she may have been a bit nervous to go up in front of so many people or that she just had some other problem stuck on her mind altogether.

Last edited:
The hull of the robot hardened after Sinclair's turn was over, the dents would fill in again, and like countless times before, it would look brand-new. On the board, Sinclair received the same score in damage as Rakuyo, a 8500. On the magic side of things, the white-haired boy made a 4450, and he was automatically flagged as ready when it came to teams. His classroom category fell under that of Mental, just like Rakuyo. The next name to have appeared on the board was 'Mirari Yukimoto'.

"They've got to be pretty strong to make that kind of score.." Enzo commented, as he watched both the performances of the students and the board which held their rating. "I'm supposed to beat those?" "Mhm, don't worry, I've got a plan." The very thought that Kenji had a plan for Enzo sent a shiver up the boy's spine.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.