< Yami Ga Kuru >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonya had been distracted by the bustle of students below but quickly sidestepped when Kenji suddenly joined her on the roof. She shook her head at him then resumed leaning over the railing. She had seen him talking with Enzo but decided against listening in. Her own need for privacy made her more conscience of the others. "It's nothing personal. I just needed some time to myself, that's all. So... How did the class go?" She looked at the fox, knowing the conversation was going to change course. "Or was there something else you came to tell me..."

Sonya cocked he head to the side as Silver seemed lost in thought before speaking, "Not really, I was on my way to the training hall and I saw you. you seemed upset so I figured I'd see if I could help."

She craned her head around Silver, "Hmm, Training hall's closed, Bummer. Oh well, Wanna talk about it? might help you feel better." She asked the girl next to her

Wait, wait...are you serious right now? She swung a katana at your-YES. And that's why the aloof, I don't trust anyone mentality doesn't always work.
Jesus...didn't know not trusting anyone would lead to someone LOSING that.
Almost losing it, but yes...there's never one "universal" mood or thought process. You have to adapt to all facets of life.
Speaking of adaptation...
Jacen slowly lifted his sword from the worktable and admired the soft blue glow and subtle hum of the blade. It was finally an HF sword...and it was his. Not a factory created piece with a serial number...not issued by a department...it was something handpicked and modified to his liking.
So this is what it's like...to really own a blade. It's actually mine...
Feels good, doesn't it?
Beyond good...this isn't from an armory, or a research lab like my other stuff. It's something handcrafted for me, by me.
Someone's excited...
Understatement of the century...the sheathe is already finished too. It'll accept no problem...I just wish I didn't have to put it in there.
I understand the feeling...you know I forged my own sword back in Japan as well? I never wanted to let go, let alone sheathe it.
I can only imagine. This was still already a sword...to forge my own? It'd probably feel incredible.
Oh it does...but remember, good things will come in due time. I suggest you hold off on using it for a little bit...lest you attract unnecessary attention.
Guess you know best.
Jacen slowly sheathed the sword and placed in the case from when he first purchased it. His estimate was right...about an hour to tweak it, and still a full day ahead.
You know what the hard part is now? Finding out what to do for the rest of the day...

Kenji kept a blank expression as he listened to Sonya's words, then spoke when she finished. "The class was fine, but you're right. I came for something else." His ears twitched a little because of the wind. "It's about what happened at that castle. Everyone's entitled to an explanation, and they're going to get it, soon."

Meanwhile, Enzo was on the move, entering the school and keeping an eye out for anyone he knew. The first person he saw was Silver, who seemed to be isolated with another student... in armor? Enzo raised his eyebrow in confusion. He shrugged. This was Sorcerers, what else would he be expecting?

Enzo approached the two females with his hands in his pocket innocently. "Uhm, hey, Silver." he said softly. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything, but... Kenji wants to explain some things that happened recently."

• Love
Reactions: AiDee
Silver stood there as she watched the other girl carefully, wondering what her motives were. Why would she stop to help Silver of all people? Silver frowned, not wanting to talk about it at all. But she also didn't want to be rude. As Silver opened her mouth to speak, Enzo appeared and explained that Kenji wanted to talk to them. Again, she frowned, but this time followed it up with crossing her arms and pushing herself away from the wall she was leaning against. She looked to the girl, and offered a weak smile.

"Sorry, I'm fine. I appreciate the offer. But I have to go now, maybe I'll see you later." With a nod, she turned to Enzo and gestured for him to lead the way.

The familiar's words made the second year furrow her brow in thought. Sonya stood and folded her arms. "Well, I'm not sure I really want to know anymore than what I already do but I doubt I should miss out on this." She turned to face the fox, her expression expectant. After what had happened and everything that the others had been through an explanation was well deserved. Sonya was, however, a little on the side of "ignorance is bliss" in this case. They had stumbled upon some seriously dangerous people back there and knowing anymore felt like dragging herself deeper into something she just did not feel ready for. "I guess I ran into this, huh?" She shook her head slowly. "No running now..."

Musical Ambience: Time to Let Go
"You cannot heal a lifetime of pain overnight,
but you can be a candle,xxxxxxxxx
& light the darkness for some brighter days."
▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿ ▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴

The few days after the battle passed, Mirai would find herself standing by the docks, the wind whistling through her hair. She would cast her eyes out to the water, where the island, the castle used to be, staring until her eyes would flood with tears. She didn't understand why it disappeared. She would reach out, stretching her arm into the mist ahead of her, outstretched fingers reaching and grasping nothing. A part of Mirai felt left upon the island that was gone, the part of her that was fearful of the future, the part of her that wanted to know everything.

The hundreds of scattered bodies plagued her dreams every night. She tried not to cry when she thought of the things she'd seen. A fragile existence already, Mirai felt intimidated by Sorcerers. Her life, fractured as it was, was going to crumble if she stayed here. And yet, part of her felt compelled to stay, a simmering passion in her wanted to face the things Sorcerers, and Team Valor were going to do to her.

She would have to accept it was time to let go of some things. So, for each day after the battle at island, Mirai came to the water and spent contemplative time staring at her own reflection, sometimes crying.

The day of their first class as a team, Mirai couldn't bring herself to get up from the docks. She'd spent an hour already, staring at the water, trying to create her water spells. Each time she attempted to cast a water spell, however, a surge of stinging pain ripped through her arm. Under her sleeve, upon her skin were the grayish imprints of something wrapping tightly around her arm. The darkness which had caught hold of her at the castle had left it's mark. Each time Mirai used her magic, pain would coarse through her arm. But she wasn't afraid. She stared herself in the eyes, conflicted emotions swirling in her mind.

I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid.

The reason she came to the docks every day wasn't just for peace of mind, to cast away the reminders of those dead bodies or the horrors they'd seen or the fear that was still settling in her, but to practice being able to cast her magic without trembling in pain. If the dark mark was going to say with her for a while, Mirai wouldn't let it become a burden to her teammates. Enzo had fought and struggled for them all on his own, putting his life on the line and she... She felt as if she'd watched, like an outsider, as they all suffered a cruelly dealt fate.

Class must be over by now. In a final movement, Mirai swept her arm across in front of her and her stream of water ripped past her shoulder, shredding off the length of her hair; from long blonde waves to a shoulder-length un-even cut.

She wasn't quite sure what possessed her in that moment, but satisfied with the reflection in the water now, because it looked like the Mirai of today and not the one of yesterday, she rose from the docks and gathering her backpack, walked towards the school. She mustered up the energy to smile as she entered from the rear entrance, making her way through the hallways. She spotted Enzo and Silver up ahead. They seemed to be walking in the opposite direction.

Thinking quickly, Mirai dashed forward, throwing her arms around the two of them from behind while squeezing herself in between the two. As she threw her arms around them, her left sleeve rose up a little to reveal part of the strange markings on her arm. In a movement too fast for the average eye to catch, Mirai tugged down the sleeve to hide it.

"Hello team valor~ sorry for missing class!" she smiled brightly, "And roommate, I haven't seen you in days! I'm sorry I didn't come to visit you at the medbay," she pouted to express her regret. The truth was that Mirai hadn't been back to their room either. She'd shuffled in and out to change, but she often slept at the docks watching the stars. She'd wanted to be alone. Though part of Mirai was forcing the cheerfulness, there was a bit of relief at finally seeing the others again, normal, uninjured and without dark auras or strange appearances.

For the first time since the nights she spent at the docks, Mirai felt as though she could finally breathe.

I'm won't be afraid.

Bowing his head to Sonya as a way of apologizing, Enzo began walking down the classroom halls. "Yeah, we both figured it would be a good idea to let everyone know about what happened at the castle, just in case someone were-" Enzo's eyes widened as he felt an arm wrap around him and squeeze him against.. Mirai?

She had made a sandwich out of the three, making Enzo laugh and a little flustered at the same time. "Haha, Mirai! I didn't expect to see you." He felt better each and every time a missing member of Team Valor appeared. Seeing his friends in general made him felt better, it showed him that even after a terrifying mission that was Castle Aurora, they were still looking strong.

"You're a second year, and not even a part of the team, but you looked like you knew what you were doing back then." Ears flickering, Kenji took a moment to watch the students down below. It felt like a peaceful day, and with the first class ending, they had time. "You don't have to come if you don't want to. We're not forcing you."

• Love
Silver was hardly paying attention to Enzo as they walked, but a sudden arm around her brought her back to reality. She could have sworn she saw something as the arm wrapped around her, but when she looked, there was nothing. Nothing but a smaller, familiar looking arm, with a friendly, familiar voice to match it. Her lovely, petite roommate. "Mirai..."

Silver took a moment to let Enzo finish his sentence before replying to her. "It's alright, I'm sort of glad you didn't," she said in a quiet tone with a soft smile on her face. The last thing she ever wanted the others to see was the pathetic, lowly side of her, so why was she acting that way now? Silver looked the other way and let out a slight sigh at the sudden realization.

"You cannot heal a lifetime of pain overnight,
but you can be a candle,xxxxxxxxx
& light the darkness for some brighter days."
▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿ ▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴ ▾ ▵ ▿▴

When everyone is so close, how can I be afraid?

"Haha, Mirai! I didn't expect to see you."

"I was looking for you!" Mirai smiled brightly at Enzo and turned her head to her roommate.

"It's alright, I'm sort of glad you didn't,"

Glad that she was forgiven, Mirai released the two from her sandwich hug and took the moment to peer at both of them closely as they walked. Enzo looked fully recovered, but tired, a bit sluggish, if she would be able to call it that. Maybe he was on a lot of medication? Or maybe he was just exhausted. Mirai knew Enzo had a lot on his mind. The double, Aurora, things that appeared out of nowhere and the Enzo that he transformed into each time they entered a rough battle.

Silver on the other-hand, Mirai couldn't read at all. Her roommate was a headstrong, stubborn woman, but Mirai knew there were things deep down that Silver concealed from everyone else. Images of what Silver undergoing torture at the castle flashed through her mind and she pushed them away.

Stop remembering the fear.

Subconsciously Mirai fingered the frayed edges of her hair. Now that it was at shoulder length, she couldn't feel it swishing around in a ponytail against her back and lack of the feeling made her a little nervous. Maybe cutting it wasn't such a good idea. She wondered if she using a hair dye to color it red might make things a little more interesting.

"Where are you two headed?" she piped up.

Enzo blinked curiously. "Looking for me?" Her question made his mind go back in time in an attempt to remember where he had been for the entire week. Other than visiting Silver at the infirmary, Enzo would be inside his dorm. Yeah, perhaps that was it.

He couldn't help but notice Silver's downed mood, as well. Their first encounter that day ended with her simply running away from class, and from the looks of it, she kept that mentality. Is it even a good idea to bring her? He wondered, his eyes falling to the tile floor in front of them as they moved.

Shrugging the thought away, Enzo looked to Mirai, who made her way in between the two. This gave him a good view of her hair. "O-oh, we're going to meet with Kenji. He feel as if we should at least know about what everything at the castle meant." His hand came up to scratch his head in nervousness and a lost for words. "I guess everything went by too fast, and some people wanted answers, so... Hey, what happened to your hair?"

• Thank You
Silver decided it would be best to remain silent at this point unless someone spoke directly to her. She hardly wanted to speak right now, anyways. However, when Enzo asked Mirai about her hair, she couldn't help but look. How had she not noticed that before? Mirai's hair wasn't as long as it used to be, but it still looked adorable on her. Maybe Silver was biased, though, after getting to know Mirai and finding that her personality was just as adorable as her image. She tilted her head, wondering the same thing as Enzo as one of her hands found it's way up to her own hair. She twirled it around for a quick second before her hand froze and dropped back down to it's original position. Twirling one's hair was a strange thing to Silver, and even now she didn't very well understand why people did it. One question ran quickly through her mind at that moment. Why had she just twirled her hair as if it were a habit she'd developed long ago?

Sonya gave Kenji a sad smile. "No, I want to go or...my gut is telling me to is more like it. I will probably regret it if I don't anyway." She let her arms drop to her sides then searched her pockets for her iPod. Once found, it was turned on and her headphones were plugged in. She did not consciously pick a song, but let whatever played...play. She smiled at it's choice and nodded her approval. "Yeah, I'll be there." She turned back to Kenji, her smile much happier than before. "Just let me know when we're doing this."

Class was over, and Alice had successfully memorized the dimensions and features of the room, as well as the faces and names of the classmates around her. She grinned inwardly, giving herself a mental pat on the back. Then, as students began to stand the female slid out of her seat and trailedout into the hallways, searching for a particular target...
Aha!

She spotted Enzo Ferrari and his group to the left of the hallway. Time to get the show onto the road. Alice approached them, pretending that she had no idea she was heading towards the group. As she neared Enzo, the girl faked a slip as she lost her balance, knocking into Enzo,"Ahh! I'm so sorry!" cried Alice as she nearly lost her footing again.

One minute Enzo had his focus on the two at his side, next minute he had someone crash into him like a meteor. "Wh-" Instinctively, his arms went up to catch the girl, but his feet ended up from behind him, and they both ended up on the floor. The back of Enzo's head smacked hard against the tile floor, making everything a buzz and blur.

"Nngh.."

• Love
Jacen emerged from the doorway, opting to chain dash his way back to the building. Might as well see if the others had plans for the rest of the day. I would come back to the hall to find this...lo and behold, Enzo is knocked on his ass once more...
It seems so is that girl from earlier...look.
Apparently those plans involved getting acquainted with the school's flooring.
Oh god...I'll bet a smooth grand that she had something to do with this.
She just got here, you won't chalk it up to an accident? Or just her being a clumsy girl?
Yeah...no.
Jacen lightly tapped the side of his vest, ensuring that he still had his sidearm in the inner holster.
You seriously keep that on you while you're on campus?
And when I'm not...you saw what happened back there, and I dare you to give me one good reason why I shouldn't.
Well, it's just not...becoming. Self-defense aside, is it really necessary?
No one besides us knows what went on, and lemme guess...it's more becoming to put an icicle through someone's chest if they try and stick me up? Or should I become a human taser and put a good 3000 volts to them?
...You know something, it hasn't even been a month and I already hate when you're right. And I'm the ancient one.
Then get ready to hate again, because I'm not chalking this to an accident...but I digress. I'll play it your way.
Jacen approached the scene, trademark expression on his face and a sigh left his lips.
"I come back and find Enzo on his back again. 1000 points to the contestant that can tell me why."
He glanced down to where "Alice" was, silently answering his own inquiry.

Silver was too focused on her own thoughts to see the girl approaching them, but definitely heard the screeches followed by the loud bang of Enzo's head hitting the ground. Silver cringed at the sound, hearing it almost hurt her head too. Before she could react too far beyond that, Jacen showed up to question the situation for her. Silver looked at the girl on top of Enzo, and Enzo, who seemed a bit dazed, probably from hitting his head on the floor so hard.

"E-Enzo, are you okay?..." That was a silly question. With a bang that loud, there was no way he'd simply be okay. She stared at the two, wondering what to do. One would normally help in this situation, right? Right, she thought to herself as she held out her hand for one of the two on the ground to grab and help themselves up with.

Kenji smiled at Sonya's boost of happiness. It seemed music shifted her emotion, and at the drop of a dime, too. "It's starting now, assuming Enzo's got the rest of our little group together." His fox eyes darted down to the ground, an odd 50 or 60 feet down, then back to Sonya. "We'll be expecting you." Effortlessly, Kenji stepped off of the side, disappearing over the railing like he was never there.

• Love

Her elbow throbbed and Alice winced; the fall hurt more than she expected it to. She lowered her gaze at the ash haired boy she was on top of, then forced a blush to creep into her cheeks, "I-I-"

She looked up to find another male and a raven haired female peering down at them, her blush deepening as she realized the position she was in, "I-I'm so sorry" she stammered as she quickly pulled herself off of the male, cheeks beet red, "I-...are you o-okay..?"

She nodded then retuned to her bag. Sonya looked back just in time to see Kenji jump down to rejoin the noise below. She couldn't help smiling a little as she brought the strap of the bag over her head to rest on her shoulder. It was a little weird at first, but she was coming to terms with how the fox was considered one of the adults she knew in her life. Sonya went back down through the door to the stairs, singing under her breath as she went to meet up with the others.

((This was typed from my reader, which does not mean auto-typo. There should be none. Still, I felt that I should let you guys know this is not from my computer.))

Status
Not open for further replies.