What does your username mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
... In hindsight, I hope it was because of my awesome roleplaying skills and not because they spotted some similarities :D
See, and whenever I read Aine, I just think of Ein. Which is great for all manner of different reasons.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
See, and whenever I read Aine, I just think of Ein. Which is great for all manner of different reasons.
I never noticed it, mainly because Aine doesn't sound like Ein in my native language, but this is amazing. My username is even more amazing than I initially thought :D

It all started when I finally started exploring the internet... Nah, kidding. I actually went by Anni at first, but then I morphed it into Anilinn since it sounded magical for some reason. Of course I started getting annoyed by it and wanted to change it, but my youtube-nick was not an option either.
I happen to like sunrises and sunsets so I used TwilightDarkness. A lot of Twilight fans has sent me friend invites...

Now, with not any options I made a new one and combined two of my greatest loves: Dragons and Final Fantasy. At that time I was playing FFXII and decided to be clever. They called the summoning creatures "espers" and I thought: "Hey, why not? It'll sound awesome!" Since I was also a bit lazy I dropped capitalizing and that's it. This nick is now my go-to nick and it's normally not taken! xD

Brovo, you absolutely MUST bring back your previous ferret pic. It was adorable...

*Ahem*
Story time!
So, my username origined from something a looonnggg time ago. (2 fricking years, Kaydhen. Not actually that long.)
As you may know, my real name is Kaydhen. Often shortened to Kaydhs, yada yada yada. So anyway, one day I was at home with my eldest brother, Reid. I was like, "Dude, Harley Quinn is the BOSS." and he was all, "Okay then. Explaining. Oh Kaydhen, you- Wait! Oh Kaydhen.. Okay then.. OMG!" And from that produced OhKaydhen. Reid still says it from when he was 12 (now 14). Like, it sounds as if you are saying "okay den" which I used to write on the back page of notebooks or in texts. Yeah.

Uhh... Current username. I am a massive fan of Lewis Carroll's works. I've always dreamed about Wonderland - The Spanish words under my name mean "The beautiful resident of Wonderland", for those who don't know. I got bored of seeing OhKaydhen (well, when my dyslexia let me) everywhere, and even Reid said I should change it. Resident of Wonderland then merged into Kaydhen of Wonderland, then I lost the spaces after thinking about important people saying stuffs like "I, blah blah of blah blah..." Tried with a comma, failed, lost the comma and BAM. I KaydhenOfWonderland.

Uhh, I think I'm also gonna tell about Silver's often username - LaaDiDaaLand. Heheh.
Right, basically,
"Dumb blonde always in her own little Laa Laa Land."
Demi Lovato's song was used to describe her since she sang it.. Blah.. Blah.. Anyway! She used to sing Laa Di Daa, Laa Di Daa. Whenever she did vocal warmups. LaaDiDaa.. And Laa Laa Land. She is a MAJOR Lovatic.. So yeah. She combined those two because she thought they were cool and they were pretty inspirational... She has a song about it. Heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.

*pets ferret*
*gives ferret coffee...*

Interestingly enough, I've had 3 usernames throughout my internet life. The first was Rayne13. It's meaning was simple, I liked the way it was spelled and it was the name of a character in a book I read as a kid and I loved the character but forgot the books name. 13 is my favorite number so I just tacked that onto the end of Rayne and that's what I used. This one only lasted a few months until I changed it to the second username.

My second username was DeathisSweet. This one lasted me a very long time, 5 years to be exact. I was a dark kid and the idea of death intrigued me in a more... poetic way then most kids. I was the only one not crying when Mufasa died and more intrigued as to why Scar killed him and then let Simba live with the lie that he was the cause of his fathers death. Anyway, I was also a suicidal kid and wondered how to kill myself in a 'sweet' way. So that's why I came up with DeathisSweet.

My third, and hopefully my last, username is Lawkheart. This is actually a name my mom told me to use. She had searched me on google and read a lot of my poetry on the site I used DeathisSweet on and she hated my username and asked me to change it. She stood behind me and watched me change the name to make sure. So I asked her what I should change it to and she thought a moment before saying "How about that teachers name on that show last night?" She had been watching an episode of Family Guy with my dad and the name of the teacher was Mrs. Lawkheart. I liked the name and took off the 'Mrs.' and left Lawkheart. And that's been my name ever since, almost 7 years (It'll be 7 in April). Sometimes I feel like changing it, but then anything I come up with doesn't sit right with me. I'd like to use it as my Author name instead of my own, since I don't like my full name, but I'm still writing up the list.

Caffeine, nectar of the Gods!

*slips on a pair of gloves*
*puts ferret back in cage*

Reminds me of when I was babysitting two ferrets for a week...

Well, clearly, it's because I'm so foxy.

Actually, Foxxie came out of my username on my last permanent roleplaying home: FoxLeFay. Simply enough, that was because I liked foxes and I liked Arthurian mythology, particularly, the character of Morgan le Fay. A partner of mine started calling me Foxxie and his nickname caught on quickly enough, overpowering the camp of those who wished to call me Lefay (and sometimes Leafy). It tends to be an odd enough spelling that I can usually grab it on any site I register for.

Darog is a play on "Drago" which was a random name I'd use for sites when I was but a tween.

Mine is simply my middle name. Not all that unique.

I like Dragons and the name is overly simple. Drake-L xD

It was an elementary thing. We were playing this game that I can barely remember, and it had to do something with elements and stuff. We all had to pick one out of the options, and since fire and ice were taken -- lightning was the one left that I found appealing. Then, suddenly, it just stuck to me. All these years. I've been using it as a username ever since. Lightning.

If there's something strange in your neighborhood.
Who you gonna call?
Ghostbusters!

Reactions: Brovo
Lucius Cypher. Lucifer. There's a trope for it. I went with Lucius cause it's Latin and thus cooler than "Louis", though I'd also sometimes use that. At first I chose the name for clever wordplay, but later I started to wonder: If Lucifer was a Fallen Angel, is there a chance for Arisen Demons? So often whenever I play RP's in which Demons and Angels are selectable races, I would create a demon who's on a quest for redemption, or at least heroics. I know, it sounds real basic: Oh, supposedly dark and evil hero character trying to break the mold and do good? So original. /Sarcasm

Still, I'd name my Demons Lucius Cypher or variations there of (Lucy Sphere, Louis Fear, Lucilia Fir, whatever else sort of makes sense) in order to convert a sense that they are trying to be what Lucifer stopped being; an angel of light who shines down onto the corrupt darkness, or some shit like that. I don't really look that deep into the religious lore behind him. Any who, at the very least I'll be playing characters who always try to give "Evil" a chance at redemption, or at least provide characters/races a reason why they don't need to be evil cliches. Everyone doesn't mind if you kill a whole village of orcs, but they'll be up and arms if you start trying to teach them not to be a tribal raiding society and turn them into an industrial civilization. Or if you start hiring out demons to provide relief work in the form of protecting settlements and developing a system of checks and balances amongst them. It doesn't always work, but it's better than assuming that it never could.

I actually got my old username permanently banned in a bit of teenage angst on my old site. So I was in need of a new online persona. Well, I had an RP character on the backburner named Tempest. She was a twin, her brother was named Titan. Basically, Tempest was the speed assassin of the duo while Titan was the explosive tank. Well, I kind of toyed with the names. I started googling the name Tempest, and, well, a part of my angst was over another member I had a bit of a longstanding grudge against. And I stumbled across this song. And I just loved it. I fell in love with it. Oh, and a bit more of my flare for the dramatic... I found this quote:

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Overall, I also felt like it summarized my general personality. I could be a bit of... A tempest, really. I raged on and could just be a bit chaotic and churn the waters when I went into a fit in my youth. I just would get so passionate and have so much energy with these moods, it never ended well. But, there was usually an eye to the storm somewhere.

Haha, the name has just stuck, I guess. I'm attached to it after years and years. It's just me now. I can't imagine not being Tempest.

Status
Not open for further replies.