What does your username mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Clears throat obnoxiously*

Alrighty! I'll explan my past and current username!

So first, I was The Red Tazelwurm, which was a character from Detentionaire, my favorite show at the time. After that I was Princess of the Teacup, and I chose that because I wanted something cutesy wootsy.

My current username however actually has a significant meaning.

Polystical is a mixture of the worlds Polytheist and Mystical, and they represent my love for Pagan religions, holidays and various gods.

Well let's just say I wasn't feeling very creative when I thought of my username

A mite is, among other things, a small bug, a video game enemy, and a military vehicle or two.
My username was chosen for the small bug, my avatar is of the video game enemy, and my custom title references the military vehicles.

How I came to use it... was it random? I actually don't remember! I just thought that changing it up and using a different name for this site would be neat.

Reactions: Dusk
Ernest Hemingway — 'I am like a blind pig when I work.'

Hemingway was born nearly blind in his left eye. This defect kept him from enlisting in the army; he volunteered for the Red Cross as an ambulance driver instead.

I started Iwaku with the username "bloodbitten".
I used to like vampires a lot but now I can't stand them.

So I changed it to "Riko Tanaka".
Those names are Japanese, and have the closest or exact meanings to my real name, so that's why I chose that.

:D Mine actually has three simple parts to it:

1. My name is Gwyneth

2. My favorite flower is the rose

3. In Welsh, Gwyn Rhosyn translates to 'white rose'.

Reactions: Tick
Lest

for fear that
—used when you are saying something in order to prevent something from happening

Reactions: The Returner
I started Iwaku with the username "bloodbitten".
I used to like vampires a lot but now I can't stand them.

So I changed it to "Riko Tanaka".
Those names are Japanese, and have the closest or exact meanings to my real name, so that's why I chose that.
I like your Avatar btw

Reactions: Queenslayer
When I first started browsing the web and joining sites, I simply went by Kage, which is Japanese for Shadow. It is a nickname I have had since I was a child due to my quiet and still nature. I followed my Godfather everywhere like a pale little shadow, hiding behind him when others were around. I am still quiet and calm to this day, and accidentally sneak up on/startle people all the time. However, due to the rising popularity of Anime and Manga around the world, Kage is invariably taken on any site I join. Thus, I started adding things to it. Kaioh is the most recent addition, and means Ocean King. I use it to due to my affinity to and love for anything and everything having to do with water and the ocean. My avatar reflects this, as the moon is the true king of the seas, controlling the very tides.

Couple years ago, I joined a recball team (paintball), and needed a "callsign".

I only had at that time, a Tippmann Model 98, the original 98 with the gills. No one really cares about 98s, but everyone loved mine, as back in 2000 or 1999, can't remember which, Tippmann offered the 98 in special powdercoated models, blue, green, and gold marble finishes if I remember right.

Mine was gold marble:
DSC_5400_1024x680.jpg

Simple. Adopted Goldmarble. Then I decided I needed a new screen name as my old screen name was sickeningly full of teenage angst.

Around the time I first joined, I spent a lot of mornings and afternoons at the Union building on one of the local campuses. I often considered the danishes, bearclaws, and coffee cakes when getting breakfast or lunch. I was also dealing with issues related to the difficulties I have with simply agreeing with others without thinking(even when I like the person I'm disagreeing with). I got called a lot of different things because of it. Somehow I was BOTH a conflict avoidant doormat(which was sadly kind of true at the time) AND a sadistic troll who allegedly loved conflict and stirring it up where it wasn't. I'm also a bit of a weirdo sexually, but ironically, I'm not really a sadist. But it sounded cool. All edgy and stuff.

While trying to think of a name I'd like, CoffeeCakeSadist just sort of popped into my head one night. I thought about it: I like coffee cakes. "Sadist" worked on multiple levels, including being a sneaky Ringo Shiina reference. And the initials spelled out CCS, which made me think of Card Captor Sakura (which was also cool because I was kind of big into CLAMP at the time).

I was a bit hesitant at first. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. A name for the parts of me that everyone, it seemed, was trying to kill or bury.

Sweet but capable of fighting back and enjoying it(my Apologetic Attacker tendencies notwithstanding).

I felt it fit.

At least I wanted it to.

And there we are.

My current username was actually given to me by a friend of mine and roleplay partner :) Apparently she happened to be on the wrong end of my... twist ;3 She kept calling me Noctis the Devious (Noctis being a pen name adopted from a signature and favorite character of mine) and it eventually stuck (she also called me jigglypuff but that's a story for another time >.>).

My current username sticks with me in one or another form (55gamer55, gamer55, gamer_5) from when I first made my mail. At that time my only notable quality was being heavily in PC games and emulated GBA games so it become my username. Why 5? I don't remember any more. It stuck and somehow looks like a good counter balance to the starting G in Gamer.

I also have una.deus which is my Skype username (gamer5 is the nickname) - named after a character of mine.

That is pretty much it.

Well, my username isn't original, I suppose. It's actually the name of one of the bosses from Dark Souls. Ornstein the Dragon Slayer. Tough ass motherfucker...and I respect that, besides he's cool.

I was in a Warriors (the kitties) roleplay ages ago on an MMO site, and my character (the character have prefix combined with suffix names) was named... Rainjay. But I just really liked the name as a username as well, considering I lack all other.

I'm a fan of Evangelion, and I feel I'm similar to Makinami Mari Illustrious.

I also have a sticker of her on my car :bsmile:

I have this korean guy on skype called Steven Choi. I stole his surname 7 years ago and wouldn't give it back. He called me names and said my potato salad was barely edible, but my will was stronger than that. I braved these harsh accusations. I persevered. I kept the name.

Also I'm a pastor.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: E.T. and Crow
I started in online communities in the game Runescape. Don't laugh; I still think its cool. I wanted to call my character Renaissance Woman, but soon learned that was too long. So I shortened it to Rengirl, but didn't like how it looked so I added the W.

I got my first taste of roleplay in the game and began looking for other venues. Wren Republic was my first ever true RP character. I have online friends who still know me only as Wren!

So when I came to Iwaku, Wren had to come along. I love hummingbirds and they love me. So I played on Wren and Hummingbirds and Hemingway, the patron saint of writers. Tada!

It's just short for my name, Kazen. Sometimes when Kaz is unavailable I used Kazzle, or KazzyFace. Just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.