What does your username mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it makes you feel better

I never played Halo, and so I assumed your username had been something interesting and original.

And now my dark secret has been unveiled to the world and everyone will know me for the unoriginal, nerdy, angst-ridden teen I am. Oh lawd.

• Love
Reactions: Lysander
My username was based off an album but I made a typo replacing Atlantis with Atlas, then made the account before I realized it.

So my username means I made a typo.

Started on a Star Wars site.
It's essentially a F2P Star Wars MMO, but everything is clicking on stuff and timers.
But when I was making my character I simply used the name generator a few times.
Got the name "Duvnar Magnum" and it became my first ever RP character when I entered that site's RP forums.

Fast-forward a few years later Duvnar is now a long used and polished RP character. And the RP is reaching the point where he would adopt a kid.
So I got him a son, same last name of Magnum. The first time I just grabbed the name "Gwazi" from a game I was playing at the time called Gladius cause it sounded cool.
And that's the story, "Gwazi Magnum" was the son of my original RP character.

• Love
Mine comes from a random name generator, sorta.

When I was making my first World of Warcraft character on a new server, I wanted to make a human Paladin. Made him a blonde dude because it fits the pally vibe. Then I got stuck on the name, as I always do. I hit the name randomizer thing until it spit out Yorik. Sounded appropriately Scandinavian for my big blonde guy, so I tried to use it.

The name was already in use, which was no surprise since it was one of the limited selections of names from the game's random human male name list. Altered it to Yorick, but that was taken too. Then I decided to change a letter, picked the first letter, and stared at my keyboard thinking of what each would sound like. I eventually decided on Jorick, pronounced as 'jor-ick' because I speak English and this was before I knew that some languages gave the J letter a sound like the English Y, so that turned out to be a funny coincidence.

That was my main character throughout all my WoW playing, and I eventually started using Jorick for other things because the various names I came up with before that were lame.

AmericanKestrel02.jpg

I forgot Drunkenbit and Minbin and Mini Meany Miney Moe

Me.

Though I affectionately like to cite my fathers fathers father, my great great grandfather was a Cherokee gravedigger at the peak end of the American Civil War. Released from slavery and lived somewhere in Southern Missouri at the time. He was given (or chose) a Christian name, which happened to be Graves. Though as time would have it, his first name is lost to the ghosts of my ancestors.

Blu is my solid nickname.

BluBlut. BluBlood. Blue blood is term for royalty.

I work as a tattoo artist. I see blood, smell it, clean up after it, thin tattoo inks out with it as I work the needles into the skin. Six days a week.

Visually it was the starkest difference between drawing on paper, practicing on pig skin, and then practicing on yourself. Blood. And as an apprentice, it probably gives you the most worry until you get use to the medium.

Back in 6th grade (little babby azzle) a friends of mine was attempting to make a table top game (which goes so well for youthful people, honestly). So being the entirely uncreative person I am I looked at what the other people were naming themselves. (Because making a character is the first step to making a game)
One of them named a character something like

Azatoth or Azath or azat...uh....dumb sounding bullshit.

Point is he had Azat in his name.
Which -spoilers- is the dumbest sounding collection of letters ever. The "T" sound completely stops the entire word for me. I just can't get over it... which is demonstrated with me not know the rest of the name.

So I took the Aza bit and was like.
"Well I can make this otherwise bubbly sounding name harsh as shit." And proceeded to at the 'R' like a dummy, and because "Thes" just sounds so gentle at the end of everything it was out of place enough for me to imagine that it sounds good to anyone at all.

So that guy I stole it from was like "Yo wtf you stole my name" and I did. But I didn't admit it at the time. He still uses that name but he's stupid.

Since then the name has become more important to me than my actual name. I use it literally everywhere.

Mine is an old reference from the Simpsons.

I thought Grif sounded like a nice name. It helped that I had been on a RvB binge a few days prior to using it for the first time.

But then I thought Grif was too short, so it became Grifspark.
Then I thought that sounded silly so a friend suggested Grif of Hearts.
Then I ditched the 'Grif' moniker altogether and used The Heartlander.
And now I'm back to Grif, since everyone called me that anyway.
I have the cutest little heart by my username now though.

So no real meaning. Just a slow progression of the same name, more or less, made to sound a little bit better (in my opinion) each time.

Razilin is one of my earliest D&D character names

Just a mashup of mine and my boyfriend's name. I like the way it sounds. So fantasy-ish. :3

As a kid, I never felt like my name fit me. I was constantly "trying on" new names. >>

Around fourth grade I discovered Diana and it has been my name since. Funnily enough, that was ALMOST the name my mom gave me before she changed her mind. o_o;

In the late 90s back when Sailor Moon was super popular and I was on my first online communities, people always thought I was Diana the cat. ><; Chibi Usas and Reenies always kept picking me up and petting me.

I screamed I'M NOT A CAT so much that I just ended up tacking it to the end of my name as Diana Notacat. >>

And that has been my internet name since. :D

Course now people keep thinking I am an owl. O_O I am Diana Notanowl. Diana Notacatowl?

Reactions: Lysander and Lady B
My name is a shorhand for Hellsinger, my first ever internet Username. People thought it was to long so they started calling me Hellis. Stuck with me for 12 years now.

Basically, it's a version of a name I created for a Skyrim character.

I made an werewolf Altmer mage with heavy armor and some kind of horrid/violent sense of humor (basically chaotic evil in alignment). I'm a sucker for immersion, so I use the prefixes and suffixes from Arena/Daggerfall when creating my charcaters, and combined the Altmer pref/suffixes to Cyrelian. And after playing about 200 hours, the character grew on me, and became my main.

So, having used another MMO/RP character name before, I changed it to Cyrelian, but thought some more about it. My name is Jean Elias, so, basically, I shortened Elias to Eli, kept the three first letters of the character name (Cyr), added Eli and then Jean at the end. So, Cyr-eli-jean. I pronounce it like Cyr-ely-shuhn, Jean being some mix of the American and French pronunciation.

It's basically just me trying to be a clever shit about names, while simultaneously being bored as hell.

Aine is actually the name of one of my first memorable characters on my old forums. She was an artificial human created out of pure malevolent energy in order to serve an evil overlord trying to kill of their good counterparts in an alternate reality. I chose name 'Aine' because it's actually a Celtic goddess of love and beauty and I thought it was hilarious because she was a) hideously deformed, b) utterly deranged, c) completely incapable of anything even slightly resembling love, but naturally, nobody got the delicious irony as I'm apparently the only weirdo who cares about Celtic mythology. It was a really entertaining character, though, and soon enough, my friends actually started calling me Aine. It just stuck with me.

... In hindsight, I hope it was because of my awesome roleplaying skills and not because they spotted some similarities :D

The story behind my username is pretty simple. Back when I was still getting used to the Internet, I went through a variety of usernames before I found one that I rather liked: Mrcandyman2000. I'm not sure why, it was rather random, but regardless, that was the username I used for everything; and still use on certain sites or games, such as Minecraft. Then one day I joined my first forum and they started calling me Candy, which I rather liked, so I changed it to be just that; thus cuing the stream of jokes about eating me... It was also around that time that I discovered Vocaloids, and I loved them so much that I eventually decided to integrate it into to my username; thus Hatsune Candy was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.