We're in this War Together (AngelFire and CrimsonMaiden)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isis smiled. "Dog's are known as man's best friend. They're loyal and sweet and just really awesome animals. Maybe I will get one. I'd like that. I always wanted a really big dog- like a St. Bernard or a great dane! Oh..." She had started talking too much. She was getting comfortable around this one too quickly, but she wasn't sure she minded so much. "You know, I'm starting to wonder if you have some kind of special power or something..." She shook her head.

"Power of what?" He asked. did she have something in mind? The things he could do were fairly common in his race, with a few exceptions and diversity of abilities.

"I don't know, something that works on people's brains or something!" She threw her arms in the air then quickly pulled them back in and folded her arms stiffly as if she were suddenly freezing. "I've been alone for so long and now you're here and asking me all these questions. Do you even care? This is just weird!" Isis pouted a bit as she walked.

Rikyo blinked. he hadn't meant to make her upset. "I'm just curious, I'm sorry." He looked at the ground and lowered to all four legs to walk. "I won't ask you anymore questions..." He said quietly. He didn't want her to be upset with him.

Isis looked down at him then sighed. "I didn't mean to yell... Okay maybe I did, I'm sorry. But I'm not angry or anything. It's just weird, like I said. There hasn't been anyone but me for so long, I don't expect anything from people anymore. Not even conversation." She loosened her arms. In the distance she was sure she could see something on the horizon. The fighting was far behind them now and the city was a few miles ahead. "Looks like we're almost there..." She glanced at him then the ground. "I don't mind the questions, I guess."

Last edited by a moderator:
"If you're sure. by the way, I don't have any phychic abilities. The word you're looking for is charisma" He smiled.

She smiled at that. "Yeah, I guess that's it." It was strange talking to someone genuinely interested in conversation. After the whole war thing she pretty much gave up on the human race as a whole. A people who start a war with beings light years ahead technology-wise were eventually going to kill themselves off anyway. "Thank you...Rikyo." She looked at him and smiled, genuinely smiled. Isis wiped the back of her hands over her eyes and sniffed a bit.

"It's no trouble at all, especially since Ive no idea what you're thanking me for." He made a purring sound. "What is that coming from your eyes?" he walked in front of her and stopped, staring closely with great curiosity. He wiped a little with his soft fingertips. "Are you sick?" He asked quietly.

Isis stopped and looked up. "Huh? No, I'm not sick. They're tears- happy tears." She giggled but then something occurred to her. "Does that happen when you get sick?" That was a scary thought. They used water to heal themselves and their eyes leaked when they got sick. Maybe she'd have to keep a closer eye on him than she thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
He nodded. "that scared me..." He breathed out and backed away. His eyes were fixed widely on the ground for a moment, as if he were in a trance. He snapped out of it and looked up. "So, that is a reaction to an emotion? That is so different."

She nodded. "Yeah, people cry when they're upset or sad too. Are you okay? It looks like we may be able to sleep in a bed tonight. I can see the town up ahead..." She now allowed herself to worry about him a bit. That look he just had was troubling.

"good. I am extremely tired. Would you like to try that ride on my back now? I feel that if we walk, our traveling will be painstakingly slow to the town. You can get off before we arrive so no one will get suspicious." He hoped she would say yes. He wanted to get there quickly.

(Keep in mind that he is a lot taller than the average human. Holding her on his back won't be a problem.)

Of course Isis gave him a look that said "no way" but she would liked to have arrived sooner rather than later. The thought was just so...weird! "I guess so... Alright." She folded her arms again. Last time he was injured but this time there was nothing hindering him so she decided against her gut feelings.

He laid down n his stomach and waited for her to climb on. "I'm sorry if this is weird to you, mostly, we carry the young on our backs like this."

"I suppose this is more efficient," she mumbled as she climbed on. "Uh, so how is this supposed to work? You're not exactly a horse."

"Hold on tightly." He started to run as fast as he could, the buildings of the town came closer and closer, the window smelled like smoke and wipped them in the face.

Isis gasped when started forward suddenly. She was leaning forward with her arms around his neck. He was really fast and they were close to the town before she realized it. She turned her head away from the oncoming wind and squeezed her eyes closed. It actually kind of was like riding a horse. This is crazy! There's no way he could have run like this while he was hurt! Even in her mind she was shouting against the wind. Hopefully he remembered to stop and not get carried away before they got to close to the town.

He stopped suddenly, feeling Isis fly forward over his head. His eyes widened and he jumped forward, catching her in his arms. "I am so sorry! I didn't realize how quickly I stopped!" He was holding her like a baby and blushed a little, putting her gently on her feet. "Are you okay?"

It was all too sudden that he stopped and she...didn't. Luckily, he was fast as to catch her before she hit the ground. Her eyes were wide and her hair was terribly misplaced all about her head. "Hah... Let's not to do that again." She was still catching her breath when he set her down. "Well...we're here now... Maybe you look human enough to pass so we can go...inside..." She groaned as she started to walk toward the town.

"I hope so." His ears were still tied back with his sleeve, his skin matched hers, the only thing that looked out of the place was his eyes and slightly pointed nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.