We're in this War Together (AngelFire and CrimsonMaiden)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isis stood under that shower head for what felt like an hour but was really only about thirty minutes. It was so cold she didn't actually want to stay in it long. She ended up having to use the tee to dry her hair and just wearing the tank top and pants. The pants were sweats for the sake of convenience; athletic attire was the smarter choice as opposed to jeans. She emerged from the bathroom refreshed and cool. "That was the most amazing shower I'd had in a while," she said with a sigh. She tossed her old clothes aside and went to her ramen. Still a little firm. She set the cup back down with a pout then turned to Rikyo. "You could use a show too. Oh, I'll turn the water back on for you." She did then returned to hand him her bag. "I grabbed some things for you too. I had no idea what size you were so I just grabbed something it sort of looked like you can where. Hopefully it'll be okay."

She had grabbed a pair of pants similar to hers, a scarf and bandana- whichever he would prefer and a few shirts. She had grabbed two shirts for them and some jackets as well. They each had one tee and one long sleeved shirt. She hadn't thought of grabbing shoes for him though and was starting to wonder if she should have. "The water's really cold," she warned. "I don't know if that would bother you, or if we even have the same sense of hot and cold, but it's super cold to me." Isis sat on the bed and yawned. She really was still tired despite the shower.

"Cold is fine, as long I get this dirt off of me. It should heal my wound more too." He saw the clothes she had for him and held them up. They looked a little small, but he lied and said. "Perfect!" with a smile. He took a short sleeved shirt and a pair of pants that looked the biggest and went into the bathroom. he unlaced his boots and kicked them off, then slid off the jumpsuit, once Isis was in the other room. He stepped into the tub and let the water wash over him. He scrubbed his head with his fingers and combed through his long, tangled hair. His ears turned down and back so they wouldn't get any water in them. Once his body was all washed and cleaned he got out and put on the new clothes. The shirt only came down to above his belly button and the sleeves were extremely tight and short. He took his pocket knife out of his jumpsuit secret pocket, and cut them off, leaving him with a tank top. One that only covered his pecks, which he didn't care if that was all Isis could get. She tried, and he was a lot bigger and taller than humans, so he couldn't expect her to get clothes that fit him. The pants were too short, but they weren't extremely tight, they just looked like shorts. He smiled. His hair was damp and very dark, plastered to his head and around his large ears. He left his boots off and just carried them and his jumpsuit back to the room.

Isis had picked back up her cupped ramen and swirled the noodles around a bit, hoping in vain that it would make them softer faster. "There has to be a better way. I didn't even think to get something to heat things up with. How stupid can I be." She mumbled as she stabbed into the cup. When Rikyo emerged she looked up and almost dropped her ramen. The clothes did not fit at all. "Um..." She pursed her lips in an attempt to keep her words in her mouth to think over them a few seconds. "That's... We have to find something else for you to wear. I can't walk around with you like that." She had barely been able to contain her giggles but managed to get it all out.

He looked down and frowned. His new cheeks blushed. "Is it that bad?" He asked. He suddenly felt very self-conscious and almost naked in front of her. He picked up and held his jumpsuit in front of him to cover up a bit. He couldn't contain his flushed, red cheeks. He went back into the bathroom and closed the door.

She suddenly felt guilty when he blushed. "I'm sorry, it's my fault! I should have gotten something bigger but I was in a hurry..." She guilty watched him retreat to the bathroom. "W-Wait! Don't put that dirty thing back on you just got clean! At least let me try to wash it for you!" She put her ramen cup back on the dressed and went to the bathroom door. "I'm sorry Rikyo, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'll go get something else if you come with me..." She stepped back from the door and grabbed her coat.

"No, you didn't offend me....It's just, I didn't want you to think I look silly." His ears drooped and he was sitting on the toilet with his head down. "I probably look like a big fool. it's not your fault that I'm huge compared to you." He let his jumpsuit fall to the floor.

Isis shrugged on her coat. "If you come with me we can go get something that fits. Or something that at least fits better. Come on Rikyo." She went back to the door and knocked on it. "I'm sorry." Great, first person she comes in contact with and she already has them holding themselves up in the bathroom. "Please come out..." Her voice was almost pleading now.

"I can't. My legs are showing." He said in despair. He started to take off the clothes. He didn't know what he was going to do, but he didn't want to wear them if she thought he looked ridiculous. He cared what she thought of him.

Isis sighed and looked at the floor. Wow... Now she felt like a total jerk. He had no home anymore, nowhere to return to and she had embarrassed him. She turned away from the door. Well, she'd really go out and get him something else but then she didn't want to get something wrong again. Turning back to the door she knocked again. "Do you know how tall you are in earth measurements? I want to make sure I get the right thing this time..." She stood with her hand on the door awaiting his answer.

"How tall are you?" He asked, now with no clothing on, thanking the Keeper of Utopia that the door was closed and between them. He leaned against it with his hands, looking at the ground.

"Uh... Five feet and four inches." For some reason she felt embarrassed giving out her height. "You're significantly taller than me, aren't you?" She stepped back from the door and folded her arms. It was sort of strange, the situation they were in now. She had never thought much about the aliens before all of this, but this one in particular was so human like she had forgotten that he was from another planet. Isis tilted her head in thought.

Rikyo was about to open the door, then he remembered he was only in his underwear and pulled the "Shorts" back on. He opened it and stood in front of Isis.He touched the top of her head and moved his level hand from her to where she about reached on him. She came up to about his chest. He still wasnt sure. He didn't now how tall a foot was. he looked down at her.
"How tall do you think I am?"

(He's about 7 feet tall)

She was startled from her thoughts when the bathroom door opened. She pouted when he placed his hand on her head and it only got deeper when his hand stopped at his chest. How tall did she think he was?! "Too tall," she said, scowling. "You're way over six feet. I don't know if we have anything that tall." Her pouting had yet to cease. Why was he so freakin' tall?! Oh yeah...he's an alien... Dang it. "I'll look for something I can't guarantee there'l be anything for giants," she said flatly. "I'll be back hopefully within an hour. Maybe that lady will let me have some more things." She waved to him before heading out the door.

"No." he grabbed her wrist and kept her from leaving. "I'll just wash my jumpsuit in the bathtub. Don't leave." He tried not to sound like he was begging. "Just stay here and eat your...Ramen." He pulled her gently back into the room. He didn't want to be alone again. She might be gone for a long time and he just wanted her to stay.

"Huh? What do you mean? I don't mind going, besides that ramen is going to take forever," Isis groaned. She really hadn't planned too well for the ramen thing. She looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? You really want to keep wearing that thing?" She closed the door. "Is something wrong? You don't trust me to find something nice for you?" He had to have something else to wear beside that jumpsuit, surely it would stick out too much. If the clothes didn't fit then the coat definitely wouldn't. She had a feeling there was something else going on but she didn't feel it was her place to ask. "Okay, I'll stay, if that's what you want." Isis couldn't help looking a little worried by his reaction but kept her thoughts to herself.

"Good." He went to the bathroom where the jumpsuit was and started the water. He dunked it in when the tub was full and scrubbed it with his knuckles.The dirt and ash came out suprisingly easy. It was a little burnt though, and where he got stabbed was ripped open. He took it out of the water and hung it over the shower curtain pole. He came out of the bathroom and sat down on the bed. "It's drying."

Isis sat on the floor poking at her ramen some more. After waiting all that time she was suddenly not in the mood for cold ramen. "It's finally edible and now I don't want it..." She scooped out a fork of it and ate it with resentment. She didn't look up when Rikyo came out but tilted her head when he spoke. "That's good," she commented absently. Well, that was one crisis averted. She glanced at him but didn't turn her head. "So, you don't have any plans or any idea what you might want to do now?" She slurped more noodles.

"I don't really have anything to do. I serve no purpose now." He said, curling up on the bed and staring into space. "I've lost my ship, I'm working with a human, for which I can be killed. Even if I didn't get helped by you, I would get killed, depending on if they thought I was usefeull or not. The war rages on and I am sitting in and empty hotel with a translator in my stomach, talking to a human. I shouldbe killed. I am a failure, and i've gone against my planet. I should have killed you when i saw you, with my dying breath, but I didn't. I don't know why you helped me. I'm not even a good one of my kind. I don't know why I'm with you now."

Isis wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and shrugged. "Well, you didn't, I did and now we're here. "I'm still not completely sure why I helped you wither but I'm glad I did. It wasn't until I met you that I realized I had been lonely. I could have walked off and left you die there, I could have left you after you got the water too; but I didn't. I liked having someone with me. I thought it was better on my own because everyone I cared about had died so I would stay lone and never have to care about anyone but myself. Obviously that's not how it stayed. So...I'm glad I met you and you didn't die and you didn't kill me and I didn't leave you." She quickly took in another mouthful of noodles so she wouldn't have to say anything else.

"What does your kind do to show affection?" He asked. he didn't look at her. He was glad she felt that way and wanted to show her how much he was happy she was here. And he was going to be living on this planet now, so he should learn their ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.