Welcome to the Exo War Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? And you already have a pic of that !

Found it when i was looking for another picture. Lol i take no credit for this or any picture i use.

A more serious request would be fine, also try to make it fit the Gundam-style and the overall theme. I don't think that dinobots would be any good in a fight either, too much mass and at such large sizes it wouldn't be able to handle the weight of armor. Not to mention that humans are humanoid and we would pilot a mech best if it had a similar shape to us: Having to account for a tail of long body would just make you react slower as you can't move naturally, instead having to think about each individual movement. Finally a mechanised dinosaur would just fall forward. It works fine for a creature with precise muscle control but the heavy and uncoordinated weight of all that metal at the front would make the mech do a face plant. Not to mention that, like most tanks, a mech would have most of its armor plating on the front because that's where it will sustain the most damage, making the front half of a dinobot heavier than the back half and therefor out of balance. Finally the lack of more human-like arms would put you at a distinct disadvantage in hand-to-hand combat because, let's face it, you can't just bite everything.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
A more serious request would be fine, also try to make it fit the Gundam-style and the overall theme. I don't think that dinobots would be any good in a fight either, too much mass and at such large sizes it wouldn't be able to handle the weight of armor. Not to mention that humans are humanoid and we would pilot a mech best if it had a similar shape to us: Having to account for a tail of long body would just make you react slower as you can't move naturally, instead having to think about each individual movement. Finally a mechanised dinosaur would just fall forward. It works fine for a creature with precise muscle control but the heavy and uncoordinated weight of all that metal at the front would make the mech do a face plant. Not to mention that, like most tanks, a mech would have most of its armor plating on the front because that's where it will sustain the most damage, making the front half of a dinobot heavier than the back half and therefor out of balance. Finally the lack of more human-like arms would put you at a distinct disadvantage in hand-to-hand combat because, let's face it, you can't just bite everything.
First off, that's a zoid not a dinobot. Second, the cockpit is in the chest. And third, the weight is balanced with the tail which also acts as a component to the main weapon hidden within the mech. A charged particle Canon. This bad boy is outfitted with thrusters, duel purpose shields (there is a reason for the blades on the forward side of those shields), jaws, claws on retractable cables, four canons, the horn on its head and an energy shield in addition to the charged particle Canon. The tail acts like the chamber for the blast as well as the cooling system. Armor isn't going to be assign issue when it was designed for offense and reflexes, which are two of my character's three strong points, and not defense.

The only zoid is remember is Shield Liger? And Saberlion?

And designed for reflexes and offense? No way. You would position and point that thing precisely like a long-range cannon but it won't be functional in the thick of combat. And there is no way that would be very mobile. Furthermore with a gigantic and slow dinosaur robot that only issues is defense. And there is no way that the tail helps balance it as the tail is made of rigid metal plates. A real dinosaur had balance because it could finely control its tail but a robot wouldn't offer that degree of control. I also think we don't have energy shields. And a horn and swords aren't armor??? What about the rest of it?

Besides my notes about armor and balance were about a general dinosaur robot design as that one up there is, in no way at all, practical. In fact, depending on the size, it would either be too light and get destroyed in combat with ease, or it would be too heavy to even move, or possibly to heavy to sustain it's own weight and it would fall apart.

Not that I want to argue about this.

Reactions: Killako
When i see dinobot i think transformers.

Yeah, me too .. Though i was using dinobot more as a description xD

A small note about the tail, each section has a joint that locks when the C.P.C. is charging up and firing. The weight of the equipment in the tail would offset the weight of the canon. I was going to go with a medium mech and again i would like to point out the thrusters for added maneuverability. That mech is basically a mobile weapons platform.

Can I have this one:

Gundam%2BAstray%2BBlue%2BFrame%2BD%2B(1).jpg

Hey guys, I'm really glad to see you guys plotting and exited about the RP, but before we make Jack jump through any design hoops, make sure you approve your mecha design with me first, either by asking in the OOC thread like Aeronfarron did, or through PM. I'm still working on some of the mecha ideas and story mechanics myself, although Jack has been kind enough to get some of the major types drawn for us.

More on the mecha will be coming, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Aeron, keep that in your back pocket for now and we'll see when I get some of the mecha lore worked out :)

As far as the timeline of events goes, my thesis defense has been pushed back to 6/25 (which is when a job application is also due), so we'll play the RP week by week for now and I'll revise the monthly calendar once I know for sure what's going on with revisions and whatnot.

And as always folks, make sure you're working respectfully with each other, even if ideas clash at first.

I'm sitting on my ideas for now

Hey guys, I'm really glad to see you guys plotting and exited about the RP, but before we make Jack jump through any design hoops, make sure you approve your mecha design with me first, either by asking in the OOC thread like Aeronfarron did, or through PM. I'm still working on some of the mecha ideas and story mechanics myself, although Jack has been kind enough to get some of the major types drawn for us.

More on the mecha will be coming, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Aeron, keep that in your back pocket for now and we'll see when I get some of the mecha lore worked out :)

As far as the timeline of events goes, my thesis defense has been pushed back to 6/25 (which is when a job application is also due), so we'll play the RP week by week for now and I'll revise the monthly calendar once I know for sure what's going on with revisions and whatnot.

And as always folks, make sure you're working respectfully with each other, even if ideas clash at first.

I'll keep it. Thanks!

Anyone want to collab?

Okay seriously. Why did I not get any notifications regarding the posts...?

Iwaku must be broken.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
All of these are looking great, guys! School really has been taking up a big chunk of my time, but I have a drive to Lake Benton today, so I'll be able to write on the way, and submit it on the way back!

I'll have it done by tomorrow morning, at the latest. It may be pretty long, just a fair warning, and I look forward to collaborating with you fine folk in the near future!

News Post

Hi folks, so as I mentioned earlier, I'm coming up on my thesis defense soon (pushed back to 6/25), and now I'm also trying to get the materials together to apply to a full-time job teaching writing at my old school. Both the defense and the job stuff are due the same day, so for this week let's focus on working on those collab posts and make those due by next Sunday (6/28). I'll also come up with a challenge post or two for you guys.

Thanks for sticking with me!

@Jack Doyle
Hey, head's up, since you formatted your text to black it just looks like a blank post on the dark backgrounds.
If you would kindly change it back to the default text, or a color people could read I would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:
Sorry .. I copied and pasted it right out of the google docs

Thank you!

I always use the paste as text tool to keep that from happening ^^ if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.