Welcome to the Exo War Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, it looks like Eddie might have some fine suitors

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Midian
Quick note guys:

Make sure you're keeping your posts up to a decent length. I've noticed a few posts on the short side as I've been reading through, so make sure you're meeting the minimum posting requirements. There's a link to a google doc in the Writing Resources/Quality tab that'll show you guys what these should more or less be looking like.

However, I'm also seeing some fabulous collaborative posting too, and a lot of sizeable posts that are very well-written. It's awesome seeing you guys work together! Have a good week, and hopefully I'll see a lot of you in the Google hangout this Saturday (6/13) at 5pm!

Reactions: Dip
Don't forget our plotting meeting, going on as we speak!

• Love
Reactions: Dip
Can you send me a link, via PM or email?

Chat Recap

We've decided to include in our schedule a once a month in-character chat where we play as our characters doing things like having a party, going on an adventure, etc. These can be events in-world or out of world for the characters, so if you have an idea for something you'd like them to be doing in one of the chats, feel free to post it. One we've decided on is having them play Clue together, which will be run by @CoffeeFalcon. This will likely be early July to give me time to defend my thesis and all.

We've also decided that during one of the three weeklong breaks the students will have, they will all have a townwide harvest festival. Their first year will be a 10-month school year with three spaced out, week-long breaks. For the first five months of Year One they will have physical training (PT) and basic mecha mechanics as their classes. For the second half of the semester, they'll focus on the dynamics of war and teamwork.

A lot of our characters seem like they may struggle with PT, so this will be a good bonding time for everyone, and get you guys interacting with each other more. I you'd like your character to work with someone in particular, go ahead and ask them ^_^

As far as character antics go, we've got Sydney flooding the laundry room and a fight between Henry and Isaac. If you'd like to add to this and couldn't make it to the chat, feel free to post things you'd like your characters to do/deal with and I'll incorporate it into the plot.

For tomorrow's post we'll find out about room assignments. If you haven't posted, make sure you do so by noon EST so I'll have time to read and react to your posts. Right now I'm still missing @Dip , @Jack Doyle , and @Killako 's responses.

Looking forward to posts from everyone! Don't forget to keep your responses at two well-developed, large-ish paragraphs or higher!

Reactions: - Falcon -
I have a question that I should have asked in the Google+ chat earlier. But I'll ask it now since I forgot earlier. What does the city do for resources? I believe that food has already been explained, as has water. However where does it get metals and other similar resources from? Is there a nearby mine (or other such collectable metal deposits) that the poor sweat and toil in? Also, I'm guessing that they use mostly wind-power to generate electricity for the city as the place seems to be suspended above the ground at some dangerous heights.

• Thank You
Chat Recap

We've decided to include in our schedule a once a month in-character chat where we play as our characters doing things like having a party, going on an adventure, etc. These can be events in-world or out of world for the characters, so if you have an idea for something you'd like them to be doing in one of the chats, feel free to post it. One we've decided on is having them play Clue together, which will be run by @CoffeeFalcon. This will likely be early July to give me time to defend my thesis and all.

We've also decided that during one of the three weeklong breaks the students will have, they will all have a townwide harvest festival. Their first year will be a 10-month school year with three spaced out, week-long breaks. For the first five months of Year One they will have physical training (PT) and basic mecha mechanics as their classes. For the second half of the semester, they'll focus on the dynamics of war and teamwork.

A lot of our characters seem like they may struggle with PT, so this will be a good bonding time for everyone, and get you guys interacting with each other more. I you'd like your character to work with someone in particular, go ahead and ask them ^_^

As far as character antics go, we've got Sydney flooding the laundry room and a fight between Henry and Isaac. If you'd like to add to this and couldn't make it to the chat, feel free to post things you'd like your characters to do/deal with and I'll incorporate it into the plot.

For tomorrow's post we'll find out about room assignments. If you haven't posted, make sure you do so by noon EST so I'll have time to read and react to your posts. Right now I'm still missing @Dip , @Jack Doyle , and @Killako 's responses.

Looking forward to posts from everyone! Don't forget to keep your responses at two well-developed, large-ish paragraphs or higher!
Sorry, have not been getting notifs from iwaku.

A lot of metal is recycled from old mecha stuff, but there's also a small mine on the edges of the town that lets them access a lot of metal deposits and the like. Whole lotta recycling, and a whole lot of mining and toiling by the poor. They do have wind energy, you're right, wind and solar. There's probably an emphasis on using more easily-worked natural materials (wood, stone, etc.) as opposed to metal for all but those than can afford a lot of it. People try not to leave the city much if they can help it, but I imagine there might be a deep mine or two outside the city walls.

It happens sometimes, Killako. I usually try to check threads manually every other day or so ^_^

I'm mostly asking because if the mine is outside the city then it may play a role in their wilderness survival training .. Should the training actually take place in the wilderness .. Large iron deposits could alter compassses and other various things .. It may also mean that, unless any amount of the subterranean mines are flooded, that there isn't much ground water in the form of lakes due to their being no underground water network or caverns. Thus there is no supply to fill those lakes and the only water would be running water coming from a spring somewhere. Obviously the city has water, mostly from purified rain water and I guess that the rich do some small amount of cloud seeding or something

• Love
Reactions: Falcon and Midian
Man, being a Girl Scout didn't teach me a damn thing about the outdoors! The world outside the city is more or less a scrubby, depleted wasteland except for possibly a mine and shitty handful of springs. It'll be very, very interesting. Do you mind if I use the iron deposit idea? I can't pass up messing with their compasses >:)

Go ahead, you don't have to ask me for permission xD I'm guessing that you weren't a very good Girl Scout?

And just so you know; you don't need a compass to find north.

Is the game set in the northern or southern hemisphere? Because that will affect the growth of moss as in the northern hemisphere the moss will mostly grow on the north side of a wall or a tree or object. Same with in the southern hemisphere, moss mostly grows in the more shaded southern side. Furthermore ants will build their dens on the less shadier side (so south when in the northern hemisphere and north when in the southern hemisphere).

• Useful
Reactions: Midian and Falcon
Leon

What is your temper like?Hell
Who makes you angry? Idiots
What makes you angry? Idiots
What smells like home? Smoke
What tastes like home? Sweat
What threatens you? Idiots
What empowers you? Work
Where do you hide? Nowhere
Where do you feel free? Forge

Cyril Ford.JPG

Name: Cyril Ford
Body: Stands 5'6, lean and almost skinny build. Lanky.
Personality: Usually cordial and friendly, but there's a lot of repressed tension in his body.
Reflexes/Speed: 10
Strategy: 5
Cooperation: 9
Offense/Weapons: 2
Stealth: 10
Medical: 1
Defense: 2
Mechanics/Repair: 1

Shan Feng.JPG

Shan Feng
Body: Hard to tell, wears clothing that is fairly baggy. Stands about 5'3
Personality: Cold, closed-off, authoritative, snappish. Sometimes looks sad.
Reflexes/Speed: 4
Strategy: 0
Cooperation: 1
Offense/Weapons: 0
Stealth: 13
Medical: 10
Defense: 5
Mechanics: 7

Nadine Perrot.JPG

Name: Nadine Perrot
Body: Strong, well-roped with muscle. Sturdy, but not intimidating. Stands 5'7.
Personality: Big sister/mama, fond of headlocks and cooking. Usually looks unapproachable because of Resting Bitch Face, but very kind.
Reflexes: 8
Strategy: 4
Cooperation: 9
Offense/Weapons: 8
Stealth: 0
Medical: 6
Defense: 5
Mechanics/Repair: 0

Agatha Desjardins.JPG

Name: Agatha Desjardins
Body: Curvy, soft. Graceful limbs, but slumped shoulders. Stands 5'2
Personality: Softspoken and quiet, but generally a sweet person when she opens up. Polar opposite of her sister, Emily.
Reflexes/Speed: 0
Strategy: 2
Cooperation: 8
Offense/Weapons: 5
Stealth: 0
Medical: 11
Defense: 11
Mechanics/Repair: 3

• Love
Reactions: Falcon
Status
Not open for further replies.