Welcome Back to the Guild [continuation]

So, I refreshed my Unread Watched Threads page, to see if anyone had posted anything new... Then I found this XD:

dYDD65c.png

Yeah, I saw that, too. Certainly was enough to make me do a double-take. XD

@Kagayours , would you say the rabbit defintely walking on/touching the floor?

Edit: Also, is the floor rocky or it's it like...an actual room floor. Like, flat and stuff. Aside from all the bones.

Edit2: Nvm posted anyway

Last edited:
Note to self: Post here tomorrow or something.

Reactions: Kagayours
I told you guys there was a way to get past this. :P I even tried to hint at it by pointing out that the rabbit flinched even at attacks that didn't affect it, and that it didn't expect to phase through the icicles (which is why it tried to knock them down, first). Which means that the rabbit isn't in-control of its tangibility (and isn't used to having that ability at all). Which means that it wouldn't make sense for it to be intangible any time the players attack it, and then suddenly tangible anytime it attacks the players. :P

And I was looking forward to there being a sort of lightbulb moment where you guys would figure it out, and realize that the rabbit can't actually hurt any of the party members, so they can just walk right past it. But uh... I could only keep the scene going for so long, you know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I told you guys there was a way to get past this. :P I even tried to hint at it by pointing out that the rabbit flinched even at attacks that didn't affect it, and that it didn't expect to phase through the icicles (which is why it tried to knock them down, first). Which means that the rabbit isn't in-control of its tangibility (and isn't used to having that ability at all). Which means that it wouldn't make sense for it to be intangible any time the players attack it, and then suddenly tangible anytime it attacks the players. :P

And I was looking forward to there being a sort of lightbulb moment where you guys would figure it out, and realize that the rabbit can't actually hurt any of the party members, so they can just walk right past it. But uh... I could only keep the scene going for so long, you know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, I basically figured it out, I just didn't say :P

That why Callum was hoping it was gonna work, since he noticed the rabbit hesistated. So his (And my) guess was that the Rabbit couldn't hurt them. The bone was a backup option if I was wrong and we could interact with it. Because otherwise Callum was fuuuucked. Two birds one...bone I guess.

Behold, Rithas' Tatical Fluke Masterclass.

• Bucket of Rainbows
@Rithas I would like to clarify that the "glowing doorway" isn't, like... a portal, or anything like that. It's just a relatively normal-looking doorway, with some sort of light source in the next room.

It would be like if you were walking around the house at night with all the lights off, and someone was using a TV or computer in the next room over. You're still too far away or at the wrong angle to see the screen itself, but you can still see the light pour out from that room, as it's the only significant light source around. That's the sort of "glow" I was referring to.

So, I mean, I guess Callum can still trip into the doorway if that's what you want. There's just... nothing really noteworthy I can say about it. :P

...Why did my brain say that Anime had only posted last saturday instead of last wednesday? >_<

We're gettin' close to endgame territory, folks!! Real close. owo

@Kagayours , does the computer have a mouse?

No.

[spoili]It's a touch screen. ...Er, touch-hologram, I guess.[/spoili]

(Spoilered in case you would rather figure that out IC. ...Even though it isn't a big deal.)

No.

[spoili]It's a touch screen. ...Er, touch-hologram, I guess.[/spoili]

(Spoilered in case you would rather figure that out IC. ...Even though it isn't a big deal.)
Is it bad that whenever I see a spoiler button I immeditally open it without even looking at the rest of the post?

Anyway, thanks for letting me know.

Also, something I wanted to ask before, but constantly forgot about: Did GM's PC have the same holographic interface? I forgot if it had or not, and the post where this was originally described made back on the Guild -- before Guildfall happened, that is. Point is, I can't go and check myself.

Also, something I wanted to ask before, but constantly forgot about: Did GM's PC have the same holographic interface? I forgot if it had or not, and the post where this was originally described made back on the Guild -- before Guildfall happened, that is. Point is, I can't go and check myself.

It was a similar interface, yes. Although the PC that we last saw GM use was a laptop, which did technically have a screen of sorts -- but the way GM used it was that he opened the laptop up a full 180 degrees (thus causing the screen to lie flat against the floor), and then the screen acted as a projector, creating hologram displays that floated above the screen area. In contrast, the PC that the players are seeing now does not appear to have any physical screen or projector, or really any physical components at all, aside from the keyboard. And the hologram display that the players are seeing now is also much larger than what the laptop was capable of.

But yes, to Leon, it would definitely be a very familiar-looking hologram system, aside from those differences. :P

It was a similar interface, yes. Although the PC that we last saw GM use was a laptop, which did technically have a screen of sorts -- but the way GM used it was that he opened the laptop up a full 180 degrees (thus causing the screen to lie flat against the floor), and then the screen acted as a projector, creating hologram displays that floated above the screen area. In contrast, the PC that the players are seeing now does not appear to have any physical screen or projector, or really any physical components at all, aside from the keyboard. And the hologram display that the players are seeing now is also much larger than what the laptop was capable of.

But yes, to Leon, it would definitely be a very familiar-looking hologram system, aside from those differences. :P

Yeah, thought as much. I'll try to get up a post tomorrow.

So, ordinarily, it would be my turn to post at this point, but, seeing as how no one has "clicked" any specific icons (for lack of a better term), it looks like you don't need me for anything just yet.

In which case, it would be your turn, @Rithas, unless there's something that you're waiting for me to post about that may have slipped my mind.

So, ordinarily, it would be my turn to post at this point, but, seeing as how no one has "clicked" any specific icons (for lack of a better term), it looks like you don't need me for anything just yet.

In which case, it would be your turn, @Rithas, unless there's something that you're waiting for me to post about that may have slipped my mind.
Err, my post was supposed to be like "Callum waved his hand through it randomly, therefor randomly picking one..."

Like, I assume you picked one by placing your hand on it/through it. And that what Callum was basically doing.

Err, my post was supposed to be like "Callum waved his hand through it randomly, therefor randomly picking one..."

Like, I assume you picked one by placing your hand on it/through it. And that what Callum was basically doing.

Oh. I thought you were saying that he just kind of... put his hand on an empty part of the desktop, thereby not clicking any icons.

I'll put a post for this thread back on my to-do list, then.

Oh. I thought you were saying that he just kind of... put his hand on an empty part of the desktop, thereby not clicking any icons.

I'll put a post for this thread back on my to-do list, then.
And I thought he was just moving his hand through the thing at semi-random, just to see if it actually responded to anything. Does this mean I should be editing stuff?

@Neobullseye @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

I know I already mentioned my RP hiatus in the Fandombound OOC, and I know AnimeLover probably saw my post in the Altera OOC where I mentioned that the timeskip post would be delayed, but, just to get us all on the same page:

I'm taking a hiatus from IC posts for a little while. Neo can go ahead and post if he wants to, but I won't be sending out any posting reminders until I'm ready to get back into RP stuff.

Unfortunately this means that the RP will be on pause for a bit until I come back. Sorry again about that...