Water Thing to Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
She smiled. "We mostly just try to make it. It's hard living down here."

Peter frowned a little at Kieara and reiterated.
"But surely, you must do something for fun around here."

"Mostly explore is what I do, of course they never wanna let me out of the castle. Or play with the sea life. Occasionally they'll have races or concerts."

"And that's one of the reasons I've never liked the idea of being a noble. Not that I mean any disrespect, I just enjoy what freedom I have."
And, while he did appreciate his freedom, surface life was more restricting than Kieara thought. Once a person grew out of childhood, to Peter, he felt it was all downhill. Taxes, work, the daily grind, time constraints, education, just the general cost of living - it was no wonder he wanted to just break away from it all.

Kieara smiled. "Wanna go see the manatees? They're fun to ride on." she spoke to him after she listened to him. As long as she was on castle grounds, she could do as she pleased.

"Manatees? Can't say I expected them to be down here, to be honest."
True, they were aquatic mammals, but they were still mammals - it was strange, for him, to think they would be so far down. Still, he did not question it further, given the improbability of everything that had happened thus far.

"They are usually hunted so when they are down here, they are protected." She told him and led him out of the room. Haji decided to tag along.

"I suppose that makes sense. I'm assuming you do something so that they can breathe down here? They're technically mammals, you know."
Peter just needed something to talk about - and, he thought that the process of getting a mammal to breathe underwater would be quote interesting.

"Yes." She smiled to him. "There is a special seaweed that we can feed them that only grows in Atlantis, it's much like when I transformed you. It allows them to breathe down here without the need for air.

Peter raised his eyebrows, looking particularly intrigued by such a thing. He was no scientist, but he was nevertheless interested in the concept.
"So, what other animals are kept around here? It's just... I've never really seen underwater life up close like this..."

"We have all the abyss creatures just outside town to the east there's a large dark cavern. The octopi and squids like it here too. Manatees, all the little school fish hang around too like clown fish and reef fish because nothing bothers them here. We have dolphins and kids are fond of crabs as pets. A couple sea turtles as well."

Peter smiled at this - he'd rarely seen aquatic life, so this was all a learning experience for him.
"I'd like to see all I can, if it's alright with you. I mean... It's my first time this far down, and all..."

"Of course. Though be careful. If I show you the abyss creatures we have to be careful. Some of them are rather large."

Though nervously, Peter nodded. he was in this deep - no pun intended - so he thought he might as well go for it.

"How do you feel about angler fish?" She asked him leading him towards a dark cavern.

"They're... a little creepy, but I'd love to see them up close."

"If you think those are creepy you haven't seen anything yet."

Peter's face dropped, and it wasn't the cold that made him white as a sheet. He wasn't the bravest of souls, so he didn't feel this would be as exciting as he thought.

They neared the entrance. "Personally I love the fish of the caverns. I find them fascinating but they're all so odd." She spoke. She stopped. "Let me adjust your eyes."

Though slightly nervous, Peter stopped, bracing himself for however Kieara chose to adjust his eyes. He thought she already had, but he didn't think to argue with the one who had been living here for - what seemed like - her entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.