Water Thing to Happen

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"H-hey! What're you doing?!"
Peter stood up, teeth gritted, fists clenched. He would admit that he wanted to know more of a mermaid's biology, but capturing one against his or her will wasn't something that he would do. Not just because he felt it was morally wrong, but the diplomatic backlash could spell disaster.
"Relax, kid. We know what we're doing."
"...IT'S A BLOODY MERMAID!"
"She got caught like a fish. She won't be our problem soon enough."

"L-let me go!" She squealed her voice in panic. She still tried to grip at the ropes, but the more she was hoisted out of the water the tighter they grew. She screamed out in pain as the vice like grips of the rope began to cut into her scales and tail. Red dripped down the net towards her upper body.

Kieara was loaded onto the boat, but to prevent her from escaping, she was kept tangled in the net. Had they known that a mermaid would be present, they would have had more substantial equipment for containing her - a tank, high-quality rope, things to keep her from struggling. As it stood, however, restraining her arms and keeping her immobilised by net was the best hope they had. they would have kept her hanging up, but she was getting damaged - that would decrease her value, and with merchandise like a mermaid, they needed the best price they could get.
Meanwhile, Peter was hatching a plan inside his head - it depended on whether the men were going to camp out on the beach or not. He assumed they would, in a more secluded area, given that they couldn't risk revealing their find until collection time. And that would be their downfall.

Kieara looked around desperately and began to cry. "Please please let me go..." She begged. "Please you're hurting me." She lay still on the boat. She was in to much pain to struggle. The more she lay there though the more sickly she looked without water.

"What do we do? She's looking awful..."
"She's a mermaid, numbskull! Get her in the water!"
"But her hands are still free!"
"Then tie them!"
And tie them they did, before pushing her back over. The net kept her from swimming away, while her binds kept her from using her hands to free herself. However, before she was forced under, Peter mouthed something to her, hoping that she would know what he was saying.
"I'll save you."

Kieara squirmed and smacked one of them with her tail sending him over. It at least gave her a little satisfaction. It hurt when she'd done it though. She was tossed under bound completely and dragged with the boat. IT was uncomfortable and she didn't like it. She saw PEter and understood his words. She didn't have the time for a thank you though.

It was in the wee hours of the morning the next day, that Peter began to execute his plan. The boat had been left some ways out form a secluded area of the beach, enough for it to be reached by rowboat, but far away enough not to attract much attention. Luckily, the waters were calm that day, and the flow of the ocean seemed to be in the direction of the boat. Wide awake and ready to go, Peter took hold of his trusty dive knife, and swam out to the bot Kieara was t. They had left her submerged, with her hands bound, though only one person was there with her. Nobody expected anyone to even think about freeing her, much less anyone swimming out to the boat without even surfacing to do so.

The darkness of the water keeping him hidden, Peter began the process of cutting through the ropes, starting with Kieara's hands. It was only a dive knife, but the rope in the net and the length of it binding her arms didn't seem particularly high-end. Indeed, it was far easier freeing her than he expected, but he didn't complain.
"Go, he whispered to her, "Before anyone notices you're free."

Kieara had been floating there sleeping when he found her. She woke with a start when he came but stayed still as he set to cutting her loose. "What about you? They'll see you're wet." She whispered back. "And I....I want to know more about you..."

Peter mulled over what Kieara was saying - did she want him to come with her? it would be nice, sure, but he would be gone for quite a while. He did, however, take into account one major feature about his life.
"I... I don't know. I suppose I could go with you, but what happens when you get home? I can't just move in. I'd be an outcast. And how would I find my way back home, if I can't make a new life anywhere?"
Not that he was particularly happy with his life on the surface, but that pretty much what it boiled down to.

Kieara giggled softly. She leaned forward and kissed him slowly. As she did a tail fin appeared where his legs should be. She could change him back at will should he wish to return but he was a nice human and she wanted to share her world with him.

"Wait, what the- mmph!"
Interrupted by Kieara kissing him, Peter couldn't finish his exclamation, but instead tried to push Kieara off of him. Contrary to popular belief, some men didn't like it when strangers kissed them out of nowhere. Upon her finishing, Peter looked down a look of sheer, unadulterated confusion plastered all over his face. "What in the blue bloody hell did you do to me?!"

"You wanted to see my world, I am giving you the chance, I changed your....stick...thingys....into a tail." She told him and spoke. "I could change it back if you want..." she said kinda disappointed.

Peter sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, and spoke. Almost apologetically - almost.
"It's not that/ It's fine if you can change me back, it's just... If you're going to do that kind of thing to somebody, it's usually polite to tell them first. Don't worry, I'll just have to get used to... these. And by the way, the sticks are called legs."

Kieara listened to him taking in this new knowledge. "Would you like to see Atlantis?" She asked him a little put off by his mean attitude.

Atlantis - the sunken city, once a legend, now nothing more than a children's story. Also Aquaman's domain in the comics, but that was hardly relevant. The chance to see a new world practically unknown to normal humans seemed to lighten Peter up significantly. Not in expression, sure, but his tone said otherwise.
"Atlantis? Of course, that'd be brilliant!"

Kieara smiled at his tone. She offered a hand to him in case he hadn't quite gotten the use of his tail fin yet. She did this and the strange crescent moon marking on her palm shone but she'd forgotten about it.

Peter took her hand, but made nothing of the symbol on it. So many things had happened that he really wasn't surprised at what was happening. Heck, he probably wouldn't be surprised if a kraken burst out of nowhere, and confronted them.

Kieara smiled and swam off slowly at first to let him get used to things then a bit faster. She took him into the depths where it got darker and her eyes seemed to glow as they changed to let her see in the darkness. She took him to a cove and back in it. After about a half hour of swimming through the cove, they exited upon a magnifiscent city that lit up the water around them.

Though he struggled a little to keep up, Peter was mostly able to keep pace with her. Most of the trouble came in the form of him being unable to control himself properly with a fin instead of legs - he did get used to it enough to get by on, though, by the time he reached Atlantis. nd, if he was honest, while it didn't look like how he had imagined it, he still thought it was incredible.
"This is... Wow, I don't even know what to say. I mean, really, this looks beautiful from here."

She smiled. Merpeople swam about to an fro and went about their daily lives. She slowed and swam him over to the edge of the city moving slowly so he could look around. "I am glad you think so." People were giving them odd looks, but each bowed their head as they passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.