Water Thing to Happen

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's gone....it's gone...." She spoke out of breath.

Tentatively, Peter let go of Kieara, panting nervously as he inched backwards.
"So... Maybe we should stick to the city for a little longer."

"Yeah....lets do that." She spoke and edged further into the city.

"So... What do we do now?"
Though still shaken, Peter had largely clmed down, and was able to speak without sounding as if death was right around the corner.

She let out a shakey sigh. "How about we see something calm like the dolphins?"

Were he able to, Peter would have flopped onto his back. Instead, he just settled for hanging his head.
"Yes. I think that might be for the best."

A couple of weeks had passed and Kieara had showed Peter how their life worked. AS they went she'd found herself smitten with the boy. She was hopelessly in love with him. She had enjoyed their time together immensely.

During the two weeks that had passed, Peter had grown quite fond of Kieara. Maybe not to the degree that he was smitten with her like she was to him, though. He did, however, note things that he hadn't before, or had deemed arbitrary. Just little things - how her face changed when she felt some things, cute little things she seemed to do whenever something happened, that sort of thing. He wouldn't admit it, but he himself thought there the possibility that he was beginning to fall in love with her.

Kieara was currently combing her hair. She'd made sure his option to go back to the surface was there if he wished it. She'd begun to wonder about the surface herself and what it was like.

Peter, in need of something to do - or someone to talk to - knocked on Kieara's door. Had he the chance, he would have gotten a job, but he was still getting used to things and how they worked. He had the basics down, but the surface world didn't have the rules and regulations Atlantis did. That, and he didn't exactly have much to show for employment opportunities.
"Kieara? It's Pete. Mind if I come in?"

Kieara smiled hearing his voice. "I don't mind. Come on in." She kept combing her hair with her seashell comb happily.

Peter entered, making sure to close the door as he did so. He moved beside Kieara, and looked to her hoping to start conversation.
"Your hair looks nice today." He said. It was an offhand comment, but compliment nonetheless. After all, there were worse ways to start talking to someone.

Kieara smiled a bit. "Thank you. That's sweet of you to say." She turned to look at him as she tied her hair back with some odd colored seaweed. "How is your day?"

Peter was stopped for a second, curious about the seaweed Kieara was tying her hair with. It wasn't noticeably so, but he was still interested in it.
"It's alright, I suppose. I've been reading up on mermaid history - there's quite a bit of it to take in, but I think I'll manage. So, how are you today?"

She smiled. "I'm well. Daddy's been having me run here and there and do this and that all morning." She finished tying her hair into a pony tail. She'd found a pretty color of the seaweed she'd liked and thought it would look pretty in her hair.

Peter smiled apprehensively, just attempting to formulate some sort of inoffensive response.
"So I've heard. The life of royalty can get quite hectic, can't it?"
He chuckled a little, and then looked to the seaweed in her hair. "I like the colour of that. It suits you."

Kieara blushed at his compliment. She spoke. "Thank you." She swam over to him and smiled. "Wanna go for a swim around town?" She asked offering her hand for him to hold.

Peter hesitated for a moment, but shrugged his shoulders and went ahead with holding her hand anyway.
"Sure, why not. I can think of worse things that going around town with you."

She didn't wish to make him awkward and when he seemed to hesitate at holding her hand it kinda hurt her feelings and made her feel gross or not pretty or something but she didn't voice it. "Alright. Where would you like to go?" She led him out.

"Anywhere's fine. Just not... Well, not THAT place."
Given the way he shuddered a little, Peter was obviously referring to the Fangtooth area they had fled from before. He quickly disregarded this, however, by making more smalltalk with Kieara. "And here I was thinking I'd be studying again... well, it's not everyday I get to take a swim with a pretty young woman such as yourself, so I think it can wait."

Status
Not open for further replies.