Water Thing to Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though the sights were amazing to a human like Peter, he tried not to let on that he was new in town. Sure, there were likely mermaids from other areas, but he had to at least pretend that he was an Atlantean. After all, he didn't know what prejudices they held against who -he just had ot act natural.

The routine continued as they passed through town. They kept nodding their heads. Kieara was leading him to the castle on down the pathway.

Though he much preferred more humble buildings, Peter did at least appreciate the grandeur of the underwater castle facing him. It looked a little gaudy, to him, but then again, he and always preferred forts to castles. Nevertheless, he still adopted some sort of amazed expression, taking in the sight of the building as they approached it.

As they reached the gates heavily plated mermaids with tridents stood there. They bowed to them as they entered. "Good evening princess." One of them stated as she led him towards the throne room.

"Princess?!"
The colour seemed to leave Peter's face like a squeamish girl leaves a spider exhibit. While he had no problem with royalty, and while eh had a sneaking suspicion that the castle wasn't just for show, the chances of him being rescued by, and rescuing a mermaid princess were slim at best. And yet, he was following one, on his way to meet the ruler of the realm. If he had trousers, it was likely that he would be soiling them at that point in time.

She led him on up to the castle and inside. The halls were decorated vastly. She led him down the hall to the throne room.

"You didn't tell me you were royalty!"
The words were whispered to her, almost hissed - not because he was angry at her being royalty, but because she hadn't told him. He didn't really sound angry, more confused and in shock than anything else. As if this wasn't enough, he demonstrated this through hand gestures as well, flailing about only slightly this time.

Kieara sighed and frowned. "Because people treat me different when they find out." she said to him and continued to lead him on. In the throne room another mermaid sat on a throne across the room. He held a large trident and wore a crown on his head. He bore long white hair and a matching beard. Behold poesidon.

Peter was about to raise a point, but stopped before he could speak. He was in a palace - he couldn't just argue about something he had no experience in. Maybe later, but not at that point in time.
When faced with Poseidon, it wasn't custom alone that forced Peter to bow. It was the sheer presence that he had - to a mere surface dweller like Peter, Poseidon's being there was enough to make him bow, and not rise until instructed to.

Kieara watched him and poesidon gave a deep hearty laugh. "Rise child rise." Kieara smiled at her father.

Peter rose uneasily, looking to Poseidon with no small measure of terror in his eyes. Staring down his boss was one thing, looking into the eyes of the god of the sea was another. And, while he would vehemently deny it, Peter's hands began to shake. Things had gotten weird fast for him, but he reasoned that it was at least better than what he was used to.

He swam over. "What is your name, where do you hail from?" He asked him.

Peter swallowed, and hard. He steeled himself - there wasn't a chance in hell that he could lie his way out of this one. So he had to tell a half-truth instead.
"P-peter Jones, sir. I hail from the Atlantic region, exact place of birth unknown."
He wasn't lying, though. His home country was in the Atlantic ocean, but he knew where he was born. He was just hoping Poseidon wouldn't pursue the matter further.

Kieara spoke. "He saved me daddy from men on boats, he's a human, but a friendly one." Poesidon seemed shocked. "Is this true young man?" He asked him.

"Y-yes sir... All of it..."
Peter's voice grew small as he spoke, not wanting to anger the sea god. Of course, all the meekness in the world wouldn't help if he suddenly decided the surface dweller had to go.

Poesidon seemed to mull this over then smiled. "Then I do believe this calls for a celebration. To honor this young mans fine deeds." He sat patting his back.

Peter stared incredulously for a second, looking around with no idea who to react.
"I... But..."
He could only speak in singular words, too confused to actually say anything coherent. He did, however, manage to eek out three words to not seem impolite, despite his fear. "Th-thank you, sir."

Kieara smiled as he stammered. "You're welcome. Thank you for saving my daughter." He spoke to him. "So what is life like on the surface world?"

Peter stammered nonsensically for a second or two, unable to answer properly. It was understandable - he was shaking in fear of the man before him, despite the fact that no hostile intent was shown.
"It... It's different. It's not bad, but it still has plenty of problems. The people aren't necessarily bad, not all of them."

Poesidon rose a brow. "Calm down child no harm will come to you here. You're welcome among my people. Do try to loosen up." Kieara went to his side and held his hand. "Ill show him around the castle daddy." Her father have a nod going to prepare things for a celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.