War of the Races OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metally? That's a terrible name...

Tenax is gonna comment on that later. Planned for him to say they need a proper name for 347

I sense a running joke of horrible nicknames coming!

Metally just sounds so weird and forced.
Please no horrible nicknames. I don't want to cringe every time I type them down.

By the way, Ysir's about to find out that giving a robot who doesn't know his own strength an object that it must swing at things is asking for the robot to accidentally break the object.
347's sorry in advance.

Fixed my species ;

:]

Fixed my species ;

:]
Sorry about it taking so long, but here I am. They're accepted, but just note that elves and griffins hold a grudge against all dragons no matter what because of events. Griffins were slaves to the dragons while the elves were genocide by the dragons so elves will attack on sight. Griffins might attack or act hostile.

Hey, remember when we all agreed that robots and machines were mysterious beings and that 99% of the population had no idea what they were and the remaining 1% were considered batshit crazy, plus the era's primitive knowledge of technology would translate into advanced robotics being above comprehension to anyone but an immortal? Especially since pretty much every robot out there has orders to shoot on sight making them unapproachable and therefore even more of an enigma?

And then everyone said "fuck it, the orcs fill their swimming pools with robots, the average merchant prince has met tons of robots and lends weapons for them to break every other week, most regular jack-offs have a complete understanding of advanced engineering in an age where catapults are the highest tech available, and pretty much every peasant in every kingdom has an Xbox Live subscription."

This is mostly a joke by the way... you guys don't need to explain it.

But yeah, what happened to mysterious robots? I thought we were gonna play them off as ancient machines unknown to all races, but everyone seems to know about them already.

Eh, I really shouldn't have allowed that. >_<

People like Ysir are 'collectors' of robots and sometimes they become active. Plus, Ysir was given knowledge by the Immortal Zanzibar(who is batshit crazy, never trust a Neromancer that has an army of undead kittens).

Anyways, I'm going to edit that post as of now. Thank you.

3X9BwKf.jpg

Reactions: Archwar
Eh, at least I'm retiring Hera so there's one less tech character to worry about. :)

Anyways, Hera's not completely gone. She'll be a wandering NPC that players can receive quests from or even trade with her.

Can I get an update on where we are so I can work on my starter?

Currently the group is outside the city being attacked by dogs. A fellow dragon is watching them from a distance.

Eh, at least I'm retiring Hera so there's one less tech character to worry about. :)

Anyways, Hera's not completely gone. She'll be a wandering NPC that players can receive quests from or even trade with her.
Don't take it the wrong way though. I'm not saying no one is allowed to be techy. I'm just saying that familiarity should be taken into account. Sharda's a good example. She knows about tech and has some, but it's somewhat basic and even she knows there's a lot more dangerous technology out there that even the orcs don't understand.
This is mostly a suggestion. You're the real GM, so you set the rules. This is just my two cents.

So my character will stumble up on them by chance?
Who is the fellow dragon?
is it me
I dont know if its me

So my character will stumble up on them by chance?
Who is the fellow dragon?
is it me
I dont know if its me
You have to post your character and no, it's someone else's.

Don't take it the wrong way though. I'm not saying no one is allowed to be techy. I'm just saying that familiarity should be taken into account. Sharda's a good example. She knows about tech and has some, but it's somewhat basic and even she knows there's a lot more dangerous technology out there that even the orcs don't understand.
This is mostly a suggestion. You're the real GM, so you set the rules. This is just my two cents.
You are correct and I did intend this for this to be a fantasy setting, but we have chainsaw orcs. Not like that's a bad thing, but it is kinda out of place in a fantasy world.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ayla
Well work has been a bit of a pain hence my silence. I'll try to have a post up later when I get to my laptop so I can at least attempt to stay with the group.

Reactions: Archwar
Well to be fair, Sharda has a decent idea of how hardware works, but robots are beyond her in terms of software. If 347 breaks it arm, Sharda could probably cobble something together to patch him up. But this whole memory data thing going on in his head? That's not something Sharda knows how to deal with. She's more of an engineer, not a programmer. Though she might know someone within the Ruined Peaks who could do a better job than her to both fix up 347 and deal with his memory issue.

Well to be fair, Sharda has a decent idea of how hardware works, but robots are beyond her in terms of software. If 347 breaks it arm, Sharda could probably cobble something together to patch him up. But this whole memory data thing going on in his head? That's not something Sharda knows how to deal with. She's more of an engineer, not a programmer. Though she might know someone within the Ruined Peaks who could do a better job than her to both fix up 347 and deal with his memory issue.
Just to keep things more on a fantasy level, knowledge of programming would be very limited.

Also, I think I came up with a nickname! Robo! Sucks I know, but it is better than Metally.

Status
Not open for further replies.