War of the Races OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okeedokey

Make a dinosaur.
Oh wait, we already have Tenax.

This roster's gonna start getting pretty big soon. Are we gonna gank the bad guys?

Make a dinosaur.
Oh wait, we already have Tenax.

This roster's gonna start getting pretty big soon. Are we gonna gank the bad guys?

We are getting big, however, there's no real bad guys here. Just politics gone bad.

We are getting big, however, there's no real bad guys here. Just politics gone bad.
Lemme rephrase it then.
Are we going to gank the politics gone bad?

Awesome, thanks for the clear up. Is it alright if I have it an hour or two before noon? While it might be funny to try and have a chicken chase down the caravan it is not all that realistic considering she has to bring a bag larger than her chicken self along.

Awesome, thanks for the clear up. Is it alright if I have it an hour or two before noon? While it might be funny to try and have a chicken chase down the caravan it is not all that realistic considering she has to bring a bag larger than her chicken self along.
Sure!

The IC has been quiet for a while.

I'll try to have post up later today. Also should be noted I might not be around come this weekend.

Got my post in. Kind of a long one.

• Thank You
Reactions: Archwar
Working on mine here. Got kind of caught up with biker things today, but I should have the post up here tonight.

• Thank You
And thus begins true combat.

Also, we will explore the relationship between dwarf, human, and elf deeper! Just know that hair color determines Dwarf House for some reason.

Red beard = House of Fire

White beard = House of Frost

Silver beard = House of... Silver

Dark Yellow beard = House of Sun

Golden beard = House of Kings

Green beard = House of Grass(Fear the grass!)

And blah, blah, blah.

Hmm... Now i have the sudden urge to make another character!

Give me some time to actually post for Sharda and I'll get something done for this new guy.

Alright, got that post up. Now I'm going to make a human or elven farmer/druid.

2706R9C.jpg

Name: Nyasha Sherri

Race: Half-Elf

History: Nyasha is the daughter of a human man and a wood elf druid. Their matrimony was made as a statement of peace and harmony between the expanding humans and the reclusive elves of that time, though even than their relationship was a hard one. There were still humans who hated the elves and elves who hated the humans, and saw Nyasha's parents as a corruption of each of their races, rather than a symbol of partnership. This caused their family to move away from their homes, going somewhere where such relationships were more accepted. It was only once they found a home, three years after their formal marriage, did they have a chance to settle down and become a family. Nyasha was the second and youngest child, having an elder brother before her. As a young child she remembered helping out her father many times in the field, along with her brother and her dog Yoyo. It was when she was working in the fields that she felt the call of magic, and when she asked her mother she decided to pass down some of her knowledge to her. So between the harvest and occasional hunting trip, Nyasha was taught the ways of druid magic by her mother.

Nyasha was a young woman when she grew restless of farm life. While she loved her family, she felt that her ability with magic was meant for more than ensuring a bountiful harvest. She wanted to see the world beyond the wheat and sugar cane, and so she told her parents that she would leave. But her parents refused to let her on account of the fact her brother had left only a few months before to join the army. Nyasha refused to give up however, and always made plans to be able to leave as soon as possible. But if only she knew what would have to happen for her desires to finally be fulfilled...

Skills:
  • Despite her appearance and personality Nyasha is tough and durable. Farm work has conditioned her body to be able to handle hour-long work and stress, meaning that it takes a lot to make Nyasha ill or fatigue. This also made Nyasha' body physically fit, though not to the extent that she could give soldiers a run for their money in raw strength. Still, she's much stronger than you'd expect for a elvish girl. Additionally Nyasha is quite athletic and acrobatic, capable of climbing various surfaces and balancing over various terrains like a monkey. She once managed to jump onto a dire bear and hang on until the villagers were able to subdue the creature. In heels.
  • Nyasha has some hunting skills she developed with her father. She uses mainly a longbow and spear, though she also knows how to use even modest farm tools for the purpose of hunting and hurting in a pinch. While she's no marksman, she's good enough with a bow to hit a deer running at full sprint, so long as she has a moment or two to lead her target.
  • Nyasha is also educated and train in "druid magic", though it's a bit complicated and different from your average wizardry. Nyasha's magic comes less from studying and applying magical theories and more on manipulating or calling forth nature's power. In a sense, Nyasha herself doesn't really make the magic and relies more on what's actually present in order for her to be able to do anything. For example, Nyasha can't make a fireball, but she can cause a simple candle flame to become a wall of fire. Nyasha herself prefers magic along the "Transmutation" school, that is to say, magic involving the enchantment or alteration of physical things. Her favorite spell is to turn herself into an animal or to turn wood into metal.

Religion:
  • Nyasha's training as a druid required a certain sort of religious tenant to be able to use fully. While most would deride druids as "old fashion" at best or "Barbaric" at worse, it's more about understanding than holding a rigid dogma of do's and don'ts. Nyasha see's nature as both a place where mortals and beasts must be able to work in relation to one another rather than constantly competing with each other. It's not a matter of "Survival of the fittest" but "Treat others as how you want to be treated". It's a hard thing to understand for those who aren't in tune with nature, so Nyasha tries her best to serve as a mediator for the two, at least when possible. That being said Nyasha was also taught to be able to "let things go" in the sense that stuff happens and she has to simply live with it. Things such as death or corruption. Things that, while she may dislike, she can't simply go about trying to change everything to suit her beliefs. A hard thing to do, but something she tries to follow.

• Nyasha likes magic and wishes to learn more, even beyond the magics of druid. The first place she wants to visit and perhaps call home would be some sort of mage college where she could learn more about magic and see if she could blend the two together.
  • Adventure and exploration calls out to Nyasha like water calls out to fishes. Perhaps not that severely, but still Nyasha wants nothing more but to explore the world around her and see it's many sights, traveling to various places. Even a simple climb up a mountain on the backdrop would be a worthy endeavor for her.
  • Nyasha is an avid hunter. Something of a vice considering her religion frowning upon the wonton slaughter of animals for the purpose of entertainment, though she at least tries to make use of every bit of creature she slays.
  • Music is foreign and unknown to Nyasha, and if she ever had time she'd like to learn how to play an instrument. She also wishes she could listen to music more often, even just to herself, but lacks the means to do so. Her singing voice... Leaves much to be desired, though she's good at whistling.
Dislikes:
  • Nyasha holds a very low opinion of those who see animals as just that; animals. While she understands the need to kill some either due to the dangers they possess or to survive and fight hunger, those who would kill animals for sport and not even bother to give them their rights are seen as the lowest of low to Nyasha. While she may be a hunter herself, she at least thanks her prey for the life she had taken from them.
  • Nyasha also doesn't really like soldiers or guardsmen, or generally anyone of militant occupation. She has had some bad experiences with them as they justified their actions as "lawful" or within the belief of their law. Again while she can understand their reasons to an extent, her experience with them often mires her view of them since they tend to corrupt or manipulate the law for their own ends, rather than for the greater good. Some are just misguided, but that doesn't make it any better.
  • She also holds a dim view of most organized religion. Nyasha herself isn't very religious despite the requirement of her magic, as she sees that more as a life style than a philosophy. Churches and such, while noble in their intent, seems more like an attempt to cash in on people's devout needs. She herself doesn't really believe in any gods, and even nature is no more powerful than the creatures within it, herself included.
  • Also as a farm girl, Nyasha hates bandits and thieves with a passion. Her home has been a target for these ruffians many times, giving her deep physiological scars that will bring out her berserk rage. She doesn't care for the justification of their actions or their lives that brought them to that point. If they made it a choice to take from others, they lost their right to live.
  • Nyasha is also illiterate. While her mother, father, and brother know how to read, Nyasha never bothered to learn and finds it to be boring when others tried to teach her. She prefers seeing and doing things now rather than reading what other people have done. She recognizes symbols well enough, though she typically just associates things with them rather than understanding the fundamental definition.

Notable Possessions:
  • Laminated bow - Actually very sturdy to the point that it can be reliably used to bludgeon someone to death without warping it's shape. It requires great strength to use, but the result is being able to send arrows with greater strength and penetration. Nyasha can use such a bow with ease.
  • Dagger - A simple blade for the purpose of cutting or stabbing things. It's designed in such a way however that she could attach it to a long stick or staff and turn it into a spear in a pinch.
  • Enchanted Sickle - This tool and weapon belonged to Nyasha's mother, who said that it would be a great boon for a druidest like herself. While Nyasha doesn't know the enchantment on it, the sickle can cause things that come into contact with the blade to burst with plant life. It requires druid magic to be channeled through it however, meaning that Nyasha needs to use her sickle as a catalysts and cast a spell for the enchantment to work. Once she does however, the enchantment will remain for a short while before wearing off.
  • Yoyo - Not the toy (though it he was named after it) but Nyasha's pet dog. He's older than Nyasha but just as limber and youthful. His good health is thanks to Nyasha's mother, who used her magic to give Yoyo an extended life, almost like that of a elf. He's still a mortal dog for all intents and purposes, but at least age won't kill him. Yoyo is rather intelligent to the point that if he could speak, he likely would, and at times comes off as more wise and perspective than Nyasha is. A decent hunter, he's very good at being sneaky and detecting others.
  • Wineskin - A deerskin pouch that can be used to hold either water or alcohol. Nyasha prefers alcohol despite (Or perhaps because) the fact she gets drunk easily.
  • Healing Kit - A collection of bandages and herbs that Nyasha can use to treat certain injuries, infections, and illnesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just so everyone doesn't get mad(or do, doesn't bother me either way). I will be participating in the big Rolling Thunder biker event tomorrow so I will be gone all day most likely to the evening. So peace out and I'll catch you on the flip side.

• Thank You
Hey, what happened to the co-GM? Did they disappear?

Oh no, quick, call the police! We've been robbed!

I've contracted them and they're busy with some real life stuff. So be patient young one!

Status
Not open for further replies.