War of the Races OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or do, your choice. But I bet one'd taste better.

By the way, can someone nickname Number 347 soon? Doesn't have to be in the next few posts, but typing numbers in place of a name can only be done for so long.

And, how's everyone doing?

Can't wait to kick some political ass.

Name: Soora (Her original name was Farcy Tullous)

Race: human

Description:
Soora was born in a well tended manor on the edge of the city of Worcest. Her parents were well respected doctors and she had a reletively quiet childhood. The oldest of three and the only one beside her baby brother to be able to use magic made her the one expected to carry and pass on her families "heirloom". Outsiders always said that the family was a bit unusual and some even went so far to say that there was something bad in their blood, but careful cultivation of the family's reputation made it so that they never really under suspicion. Their quiet and secluded house made for the perfect place where they could carefully practice their art. Peaceful as the city was Soora's first true test of her abilities outside of her family's courtyard came when she left home at the age of 18.

Her parents had decided that it was time for her to follow her own path and study magic beyond necromancy, curses, hexes, and those black arts that most steered so far away from. By this time they also trusted that she would be careful how she used her magic, and would not reveal the family's secret. For four years she studied, her main focus was in the School of Mind but her learning was never quite specified enough that she was given the purple robes. All the while she practiced necromancy in private, reading and rereading the thickly bound book that her parents had gifted her before she left.

When she left school it was quietly and without note. Another wish of her parents, to much attention was bad especially among a community like the Mages. For six months she worked odd jobs in the small city of Ferdan, before she suddenly disappeared off the map. For her entire life Soora had quietly done what her parents had told her, it was an annoyance at times but she understood that she could get them all killed if she stepped to far outside of the lines. However, with her connections few and friends almost none existent, she decided it was time for a little adventure of her own. Choosing a new name with no surname she went off in search of adventure. Out in the wilds with little chance of being recognized she was much more liberal in her use of necromancy. That is when she got herself into a little trouble.

In her second year of traveling she found herself outmatched by a mage far more powerful than she. She found herself caught unawares by a strange mad man and when she next woke up she knew that something had gone very wrong. Turns out that her opponent was quite handy with curses and had a really, really, strange sense of humor. From noon to midnight she would loose her will and her mind, becoming little more than a shambling zombie that was a danger everyone including herself. The spell also froze her within time making it so that as long as she is affected by the curse she will not age.

It has been six years since she was first cursed and as of yet she has found no way to break it. The most she has been able to do is change some of the-perimeters-of the curse. The curse requires that she change form to something for a certain period, and in her haste to try and break out of that zombie like state she ended up with a form that was far from flattering, a chicken. So far she has been unable to alter the curse further, but a daily brew of herbs and a few well placed seals of her own has let her shorten the time she is effected from noon to midnight to noon to six. Right now she is jumping from school to library looking for a way to break the curse and get on with her life.

c43bd7699bce89e237b28c0901f2b429-d4qp14l.jpg

RedShYokohamaBtyP.JPEG

Reactions: Archwar
Interesting, pretty sure there's a way to break the curse so accepted.

That is the hope ^.^ Although I hope it is not to to easy to break!

Name: Soora (Her original name was Farcy Tullous)

Race: human

Description:
Soora was born in a well tended manor on the edge of the city of Worcest. Her parents were well respected doctors and she had a reletively quiet childhood. The oldest of three and the only one beside her baby brother to be able to use magic made her the one expected to carry and pass on her families "heirloom". Outsiders always said that the family was a bit unusual and some even went so far to say that there was something bad in their blood, but careful cultivation of the family's reputation made it so that they never really under suspicion. Their quiet and secluded house made for the perfect place where they could carefully practice their art. Peaceful as the city was Soora's first true test of her abilities outside of her family's courtyard came when she left home at the age of 18.

Her parents had decided that it was time for her to follow her own path and study magic beyond necromancy, curses, hexes, and those black arts that most steered so far away from. By this time they also trusted that she would be careful how she used her magic, and would not reveal the family's secret. For four years she studied, her main focus was in the School of Mind but her learning was never quite specified enough that she was given the purple robes. All the while she practiced necromancy in private, reading and rereading the thickly bound book that her parents had gifted her before she left.

When she left school it was quietly and without note. Another wish of her parents, to much attention was bad especially among a community like the Mages. For six months she worked odd jobs in the small city of Ferdan, before she suddenly disappeared off the map. For her entire life Soora had quietly done what her parents had told her, it was an annoyance at times but she understood that she could get them all killed if she stepped to far outside of the lines. However, with her connections few and friends almost none existent, she decided it was time for a little adventure of her own. Choosing a new name with no surname she went off in search of adventure. Out in the wilds with little chance of being recognized she was much more liberal in her use of necromancy. That is when she got herself into a little trouble.

In her second year of traveling she found herself outmatched by a mage far more powerful than she. She found herself caught unawares by a strange mad man and when she next woke up she knew that something had gone very wrong. Turns out that her opponent was quite handy with curses and had a really, really, strange sense of humor. From noon to midnight she would loose her will and her mind, becoming little more than a shambling zombie that was a danger everyone including herself. The spell also froze her within time making it so that as long as she is affected by the curse she will not age.

It has been six years since she was first cursed and as of yet she has found no way to break it. The most she has been able to do is change some of the-perimeters-of the curse. The curse requires that she change form to something for a certain period, and in her haste to try and break out of that zombie like state she ended up with a form that was far from flattering, a chicken. So far she has been unable to alter the curse further, but a daily brew of herbs and a few well placed seals of her own has let her shorten the time she is effected from noon to midnight to noon to six. Right now she is jumping from school to library looking for a way to break the curse and get on with her life.

c43bd7699bce89e237b28c0901f2b429-d4qp14l.jpg

RedShYokohamaBtyP.JPEG

This either a very unorthodox treatment for a curse, or some kind of KFC sponsored subliminal messaging.
Also, the watermark on the chicken image is killing me.
I can't believe there is a real place called FeatherSite. It's a crappy 90's looking text/image site that's dedicated to chickens.

• Love
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

She wasn't to pleased with the switch herself.

So, we have a chicken for 6 hours a day. And a group of travelling mercenaries who likely don't get enough to eat as they'd like.

Well at least it makes for an interesting group.

Rightly so, and how has everyone been so far?

Im fine. Still a bit shocked by the ending of Mirai Nikki but...

Mirai Nikki?

Let me just look that up...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the series is a anime show about a contest where a group of high school students gain the ability to see in the future for the next 90 days thanks to some random deity and the one that is Last Man Standing becomes their heir or something.

Yeah. I skipped from episode 6 to the end because it was boring me which turned out to be a massive mistake and I had to look up the plot on wikipedia.

I've noticed no one has yet to post. Busy week I guess?

Good old case of the mondays I suppose

I'm good. Just a bit tired from the weekend, but I'm alive.

So, we have a chicken for 6 hours a day. And a group of travelling mercenaries who likely don't get enough to eat as they'd like.
Try it and she will peck your eyes out!

As a point of interest how affected would the war dogs be by an illusion?

They'll see the illustrations, but there's a chance they'll figure out it is a fake due to smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.