Vieuxpont Academy for the Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
rsz_img_20160222_215721663_zpsil9om38e.jpg

I apologise for the bad quality photo, but my scanner is broken.
Name:
Caoimhe Hambledon

Nickname:
Keevy, Kee

Real Age:

Appeared Age:

Species - The Selkie
Contrary to popular belief, Selkies do not shed their skin. They are a subspecies of Merpeople and consequently their transformation is triggered by exposure to water. All Selkies have enhanced lung capacity, and supernatural strength. In their full seal form, their skin is resistant to the cold and their senses are more acute.

Selkies act oddly when they have not touched a body of water in a while. They go through withdrawal and become fidgety, irritated and restless. Eventually, it will start to physically hurt - wracking pains across their bodies, shuddering muscular spasms and nosebleeds being the more common features of water withdrawal. Prolonged separation from water has been known to be fatal, as the muscular spasms can trigger a heart attack.

Powers:
Selkie metamorphosis: the lower half of Caoimhe's body transforms involuntarily into that of a seal when everything below the knees is submerged in water. Once in this stage, Caoimhe can voluntarily transform into a full seal. Reverting back into a human form doesn't need a trigger and can be done anywhere, but it's usually more convenient to have legs on land.

Water manipulation: The ability to move water, in all of its forms. The larger the body of water and the longer the power is used, the more energy it uses up until the caster faints. Includes the ability to freeze and boil water. NB: at the moment, Caoimhe is unable to properly control this power.

Will-o-the-Wisps: The ability to create ethereal orbs of blue flame. These fireballs are able to be controlled and can burn or pass through solid substances, but never be able to do both at one time. They seem to have a life of their own and Caoimhe refers to them as spirits. NB: at the moment, Caoimhe is unable to properly control this power.

Personality:
Optimistic || Stubborn || Loyal || Short-tempered
Caoimhe has a typical Scottish temperament; very rowdy and rough, but welcoming. She takes well to meeting new people and tries to include as many folk as possible in her life, surrounding herself with friends. On top of that, she is quick-witted and empathetic. This gives way to an open-minded outlook on life.

However, her upbringing has created an insatiable lust for adventure and excitement, which she channels into her rebellious actions and anti-authority mindset. Not only does she disregard rules, she openly mocks the enforcers with sarcasm and blunt honesty coupled with a sharp, witty tongue. Caoimhe sees danger as a challenge and is inevitably drawn towards trouble, sometimes instigating the situation herself.

Family:
Mother: Claire Hambledon
Father: Ferguson Hambledon
Grandmother: Cynthia Hambledon
Sisters -
Ellie
Donna
Scout
Tina
Beth

Brothers -
Robert
Kyle
Thomas

History:
In the rough wilds of the south-eastern Scottish coast, the Hambledon Fishermen flourished as a small, local business. It provided nothing but high quality produce, due to the hard work of the selkie staff.

Caoimhe grew up in a large family, which left little room for self-development. She went to a local public school and flourished academically, but the strenuous difficulty of performing magic frustrated and alienated her from her magically proficient siblings. Her own powers were chaotic, unpredictable and hard to control at the best of times. Exasperated with her progress, Caoimhe's father enlisted her into Vieuxpont Academy, in the hopes that she will benefit from the experience.

+ Adrenaline rushes
+ Thunder Storms
+ Music
+ Sleeping in
+ Eating fish/meat raw

Dislikes: (5+)
- Rules and authority
- Urbanisation of natural areas
- Glasgow
- Waking up early
- Salads

Strengths:
+
Physical strength
+ Self-sufficiency
+ Endurance/Stamina
+ Intellect
+ Empathy

Weaknesses:
-
Stubbornness
- Water Withdrawal
- Aggressive
- Overthinking
- Underestimating

Fears:
x Claustrophobia
x Suffocation

Crush:

Significant Other:

Last edited:
Vor'Zul is done!

Okay, he looks good!

Think I may also have Anael teach the Combat Against the Undead, just so I can give him another thing to do. So, Vor'Zul now has a partner in that class.

Sounds like fun, Mind you Vor'Zule will see Aneal as a equal and treat him as such.

I'm having trouble with the powers ATM. I don't know what to give my Selkie aside from the shape shifting. Any ideas?

Is this still open to more players?

Can I join? I'd like to be a professor.

Selkie Physiology This has some ideas for selkies.

Yup, this is still very open. Professors are most wanted right now.

Well, here's my character.~ Let me know if I need to change anything. (:

Professor Verillian

Original Form:
images

Latest Form:
tumblr_mdtf03i7eZ1ry14zno1_500_zpse4696d68.jpg

Name: Enzo Verillian

Nickname: E.V.

Real Age: 330

Appeared Age: 26

Species: Reptilian Shapeshifter

Powers:

-Ultimate Survivor: Enzo's flesh is comprised of cells that are constantly evolving and improving. During situations that could prove fatal, Enzo is able to transform his body to counter the danger. These include examples such as growing gills when underwater, or sprouting wings if falling from the sky. This unique trait has kept him alive for many decades.

-Copycat: Enzo is able to transform himself into a copy of any being he has come in contact with. While he is able to copy their speech and appearance, he cannot replicate their memories or abilities.

-Rapid Regen: Enzo heals at an accelerated rate and is able to grow back any part of his body, from limbs to brain matter. If completely destroyed, he can grow himself back from the smallest cell. He is strongest and regenerates the quickest when in lizard form, but as he hates that form he never brings it out unless absolutely necessary.

-Twins: Enzo can split himself in two, creating a copy of himself that has the same characteristics and abilities as he does. However, his clone does not posess the "twins" ability, and cannot split itself.

Class: Anti-Magic 101

Personality: Enzo's personality changes as he changes form. His original form is a very ruthless and devious creature. However, his latest form, which he refers to as Twelve, is more of a laid back type of character who just wants to coast through life. He still holds on to a couple of his core traits, but for the most part he is a completely different character.

Family: N/A

History: Enzo is a being that has been hunted throughout time. His abilities were coveted by scientists and evil doctors all around the world because they were so unique. He has been tested on, ripped apart, and gone through almost every form of torture known to mankind. His life has always been on the run, moving from place to place, never settling for too long. That is, until he arrived at Vieuxpoint Academy in the early 1900's. Only then, under the protection of Dean Vieuxpoint, was he able to finally rest for the first time in his entire life. Because of this, Enzo is extremely greatful and loyal to the Dean. Over the next couple years, he took up a profession as the Professor of Anti-Magic, in hopes that he would be able to educate younger supernaturals and protect them from ever having to go through what he went through. Currently, he is in his 12th form, and has been fortunate enough to not have to transform in many years.

-fish
-science
-combat
-animals

Dislikes:
-doctors
-needles
-any form of restraint (belts, chains, etc.)
-drugs
-troublemakers

Strengths:
-Can survive almost any situation
-Extremely loyal
-Powerful Mental Fortitude
-Slowed Aging
-Quick Learning

Weaknesses:
- Loyal to a fault
-Despite his high survivability, he isn't immortal and can be killed.
-Easily Angered
-Can lose himself in his transformations
-Cares a bit too much about his appearance, as his natural form is extremely grotesque.

Fears:
-Doctors
-Monster Hunters

Crush: --

Significant Other: --

He is accepted. I like that idea.

Alright, I need to update the cast list. I've been lazy in doing so.

Reactions: Quake
Tis updated. Also made a note on how we need more female professors.

Thanks for the help, @Tarieles - I'll look into it now. I'll put a more detailed description of Selkies limitations in the species tab, if that's okay. As a side note, Caoimhe's appearance has just been drawn, I'll post that up ASAP once I scan it.

Everyone's characters are very innovative and unique. I especially like the ghost (sorry, I forgot her name! ^^`) and Nox. I look forward to RPing with you all!

Ooh, and Enzo is almost certainly going to dislike Caoimhe, I can see it now.

Won't be able to post my professor character until i get my wifi working again.

Reactions: Tarieles
jude_by_abalint121-d9ssip0.jpg

[fieldbox="Appearnce, blue, dashed"]
General: Jude has black hair with strands of blue. His eyes are a deep blue. When he uses his powers, the whites of his eyes turn black. His skin is a healthy tan color, similar to hispanic skin. He has a nice face with nothing spectacular about it. While some consider him attractive, most don't remember him well enough to really make an opinion.
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 185lbs
Markings/significant physical features: Jude has a scar on his back which runs from his left shoulder blade down to his lower back. Each ear has two piercings. Jude wears an ear cuff on his right ear at all times (it's something that was given to him by a young man who he fell in love with a long time ago).
[/fieldbox]

jude_skteches_by_abalint121-d9ssj80.jpg

[fieldbox="General Info, blue, dotted"]
Name: Jude Chastiel Rosalind
Name Origin: Chastiel was the name given to him by heaven. Jude was the name his mentor gave him for use in the field. Rosalind was the name he was given when he irst came to the USA via Ellis Island.
Nickname: Roz
Sexuality: Gay
Species: Fallen Angel of Death
Real Age: Unknown
Appeared Age: 28
Powers/Abilities: Enhanced speed and strength. He can fly since he still has his wings, which are black with a tint of blue. He has the 'touch of death' due to his originally being an angel of death. This is the power to force souls from the living world to the after life. The touch of death can also rob people of time, which gives Jude a power boost. He's also invisible if he chooses. Only those who are close to death will be able to see him.
Class: Survival and Integration
Personality: Jude is a friendly guy who gets along with most people. He has many hobbies since he has lived on earth for most of his life. Due to his travels, Jude can relate to most different cultures and is very understanding of the world and its inhabitants. Jude can be stubborn at times and he can get mad if pushed to do something he strongly disagrees with, but that's rare. For the most part, he's extremely easy going and fun to be around.
Family: Marael (mentor; considers him family)
Likes: All aspects of music, people watching, reading, New Orleans food, puzzles, sunsets and sunrises, the sea
Dislikes: dances, war and fighting, chickflicks, Christmas, politics, sweet food and candy, rollercoasters
Strengths: creative, logical, talking people down, listening and consoling, understanding, knowledgeable about life in general, easdropping, going unnoticed
Weaknesses: bias against heaven and anyone associated, has his own set opinions, unyielding
Skills: can play almost every instrument, knows almost every language, has a fascination with origami, very good at math
Inabilities: can't dance, ride a bike, draw or paint, keep pets or plants, have a physical relationship
Fears: being alone, losing control, being manipulated
Crush: None
Significant Other: None
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="History, blue, dashed"]
Chastiel was created before the great war and was very involved in job. But the longer he continued as an Angel of death, the more unhappy he got. As he questioned his ability as an angel and also an individual, Chastiel disagreed with his job and fought hard to change who he was. The more he fought heaven the harder heaven denied his appeal to be something other than an Angel of Death. When the Holy Wars came about, Chastiel was torn between heaven and hell. The longer he stayed on the fence, the more he sided against heaven. Chastiel really didn't want to get involved so he decided to continue his work as an Angel of Death on earth. When the Angels of Death were called back to fight, Chastiel refused. This is when he fell in love with a human. Chastiel knew that they couldn't really be together due to his inability to have a physical relationship. It was hard for Chastiel with the war going on, so he decided to fall. After his partner died, Chastiel wandered the earth for centuries. Despite his being against heaven, and their wars, Chastiel still works as an Angel of Death. He allows souls to pass on since there are less Angels of Death today. Chastiel doesn't mind being a part-timer.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Angel of death....what'll happen if he bumps in to a god dam Lich.

He is accepted!

That'll be interesting to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.