Vieuxpont Academy for the Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, I can just see a chacracter being overly cruel and upending a cup of water over her.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ythania
Looks good, I can just see a chacracter being overly cruel and upending a cup of water over her.

Transformation is triggered when the body is submerged in water up to the knees.

People don't know that. I can see someone tipping a cup of water and getting a punch to the jaw.

She is accepted!

Transformation is triggered when the body is submerged in water up to the knees.

People don't know that. I can see someone tipping a cup of water and getting a punch to the jaw.
EXACTLY! so much fun.

• Love
Professor-
tumblr_inline_nmxm8vnWS81t3b15e_500.png

Art Credit
Name: Taran (Tah-ran) Nemus (Nay-moo-ss)
Nickname: Wicked (her show name from long ago)
Real Age: 127
Appeared Age: 30
Species: Centaur
Powers:
  • Enhanced Senses: A centaurs sight is two times as good as a humans, as well as their sense of smell and hearing. However their sense of taste is pretty dull due to the grain and vegetable diet they have.
  • Enhanced Physical Ability: A centaur's strength, speed, and agility are of course increased by about 60% (in reference to humans). However this ability also depends on the lifestyle they live.
  • Zoolingualism: Being part equine, centaurs can communicate with animals, although it is much harder to speak to predators due to the whole 'Rawr! I'm gonna eat you!' thing.
  • Magic Affinity: All centaurs have the potential to learn and harness magic, due to the nature of their physiology.
Class: Magical Creature Care 101 and Career Counseling
Personality: Taran is an easygoing woman with endless patience and a wry personality. She can be a bit competitive but she's fun loving overall. She likes to help her students in anyway possible, but she is in no way a pushover. Despite her easygoing personality, Taran has a darker, more reserved and depressed side as well. Due to the circumstances of her past, she is never truly happy, but it takes a truly close friend to see that (and probably Anael).
Family: Neyte Nemus/Little Trickster (Mother- Unknown Whereabouts)
Dhirn Nemus/Thunder Beast (Father - Unknown Whereabouts)
Sennie/Lethal Dancer (Sister - Unknown Whereabouts)
Jeren/Jet Setter (Brother - Unknown Whereabouts)

History: Taran was born in the height of the Wild West. She was a born in a rodeo herd, and for awhile her fate was to either be chased by cowboys and rustlers or perform in the ring for bored cowpokes. Don't get me wrong, she was the best at what she was bred for, but she knew that there was more to life and hated to be locked into one profession. One night when she and her herd were resting, a band of horse thieves attacked the ranch and she ended up separated from her herd. At first, she was going to go back for them, but after further assessing the situation, she realized that if she went back for them then her only chance at true freedom would disappear forever, so she abandoned them.

Being a centaur, it was hard for her to really blend in so she traveled by forests or at night on old trails. She came across multiple herds that often invited her to stay with them, but she never felt right accepting another herd's love when she had abandoned her original one, so she became a bit of a loner.

Years passed, and Taran got many odd jobs, like blacksmith, mailman, bodyguard, but when she was approached to become a teacher at Vieuxpont, she jumped at the chance to have a different career.
Lassoing Things she could easily just walk over and grab
Power smoothies
Pop rocks (about the only thing she can really taste)
Kids
Dancing
Being groomed
Dares/Bets/Games
Dislikes:
Being ridden
Branding
Flies
Talking about her family
People running under her
Documentaries
Strengths:
Extensive Knowledge of Magical Creatures
Lasso and Rodeo Skills
Increased Stamina
Understanding and Patience
Certified Mediator
Weaknesses:
Gets stressed easily
Missing Punctuality (almost always late for her own class)
Tendency to accept dares and bets
Can be stubborn
Hard to get up if knocked over
Fears:
Being chained up.
Seeing her family again.
Puddles (it's a horse thing)
Crush:
Significant Other:
Other:
She has an 'R.E' brand on her right thigh.
@Tarieles
I finally finished my professor and switched him to a her, so we can have more female professors. :D

• Love
I also want to mention, your characters choose the classes they are in. Once we get that far, I'll likely make a schedule of all the professors and their times they have classes. Thankfully, academy class times are different than high school class times, so this way it'll be easy to get in a different professor if any more join.

• Useful
I also want to mention, your characters choose the classes they are in. Once we get that far, I'll likely make a schedule of all the professors and their times they have classes. Thankfully, academy class times are different than high school class times, so this way it'll be easy to get in a different professor if any more join.

Surely the choice of classes would have been predetermined before arrival. It would be easier to ask for the players to OOCly sign up for classes now and incorporate them after an IC 'welcome day' to fill in the gap of waiting for responses, but I'm fine with either method.

Yeah, they would have been chosen before, but I'm making classes not start until a little later (like probably 2 roleplay days), so the first two are just welcome to school days, get to know your peers, etc. That, and because I didn't know which classes were going to be chosen by professors, I couldn't do a class list. This way, it will seem like the students chose beforehand, and we can use the current classes. I'd say it's a win win! But yeah, I'll get a schedule made for the days, and we'll work off of that. I'll probably do the normal 90 minute class periods, more for more intense classes or ones that would take a while.

Or I could have the people playing professors tell me which times they want when I put up the times available. Thoughts on which would be better? Me assigning or professor players choosing?

Okay, whipped up a real quick schedule of 90 minute class periods complete with the times when the school itself serves lunch (people can go off campus whenever they want for food). I have one for each day, but rarely will professors teach every day. Usually only 2-3 days a week. I also have it set up so people can be in whatever classes they want. So yeah, still trying to decide whether or not to assign classes certain times (which would probably be easier) or if you guys want to decide when to have them.

I've never been in a school RP long enough to be able to vote on this. I'll leave it to the others and instead ask if anyone wants to be talked to by Caoimhe.

I have Sable open now if you feel like talking to him.

Okay, whipped up a real quick schedule of 90 minute class periods complete with the times when the school itself serves lunch (people can go off campus whenever they want for food). I have one for each day, but rarely will professors teach every day. Usually only 2-3 days a week. I also have it set up so people can be in whatever classes they want. So yeah, still trying to decide whether or not to assign classes certain times (which would probably be easier) or if you guys want to decide when to have them.
This requires some clever management. Because people start to progress at VERY different speeds. I've had games where 2 characters are still roleplaying a date, while another is doing his homework at lunch for the next class, and someone is relaxing because its a sunday.
The fastest solution to this is for the DM go just go 'OK its Night now!' but what happens is some player post slowl ( @AshenAngel ehem, you need to post) and For example, I am currently assuming its mid morning, and while only maybe 2 to 3 minutes have passed with Nox and his tea and art, about 10 to 20 minutes has passed with Vor'Zul and his mental warfare in the library. if you have this say....2 real time weeks down the line you have players in all sorts of stages.
I suggest you give classes specific times, and we just try and keep people on the same 'day.' To do this we instigate a few rules:

1) The DM decides when it is night, and what day it is. no more, but HE MUST be considerate of other players
3) The DM tags ALL players in his day/night posts.
2) All players give a ROUGH time on their posts (quarter of an hour worth of acuracy at most)
3) all players tag all players referenced in their posts.
4) If you decide your character is going to bed, that puts you 'out' for this day.
7) fuck the numbering system.
7) Classes are 'started' by whomever posts towards it first, IE if the player posting as the teacher posts that he is starting his class, then the class is starting, If a player playing as the student posts that he is going to the classs, then the class is starting.
10) You can post twice as one character, so long as it is in the same post, so long as it has different times EG 10:45 Nox is having tea with Prof Leone (tag leone's player), 14:15 Nox is resting outside in the gardens. That means that the normal amount of interactions can happen. but we keep the 'day' structure, Just remember, you can't be in 2 places at once so if you post that at 14:30 you are going to a lesson, then you are having lunch at 13:45 several posts later, remember: you should leave enough time so not to be late to class!

Hey, sorry, but I've been really sick for the past couple days. Sinus infection and bronchitis. I probably won't be able to get a post up for the next couple days. Again, I'm sorry.

Hey, sorry, but I've been really sick for the past couple days. Sinus infection and bronchitis. I probably won't be able to get a post up for the next couple days. Again, I'm sorry.
ah, totally fine bro. I can understand being ill, If you can just do me a soid and write a 2 or 4 line post freeing up Nox?

Yup, I'm very familiar with time differences. I do agree with me deciding the time (I will wait for some people to finish up talking before stuff happens though), so please look at each of my posts for time in the future. So yeah, just try to keep times figured out in a normal way. I'm not too incredibly worried about being super accurate, but just within the right amount of time.

Then I will decide classes. If you want something specific, like if you absolutely must have the late class, then just let me know.

I think it'd be really good if there can be different threads for different places on campus, so people aren't just scrolling through to see which posts pertain to their character. In my experience, things get a bit jumbled and people miss stuff simply because there's just too much to shift through just to see if the character you're interacting with has replied to your last post.

I think it'd be really good if there can be different threads for different places on campus, so people aren't just scrolling through to see which posts pertain to their character. In my experience, things get a bit jumbled and people miss stuff simply because there's just too much to shift through just to see if the character you're interacting with has replied to your last post.
that gets VERY complex very fast, because you need to mod every thread and keep an eye on who is where and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.