Vieuxpont Academy for the Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I think I have a decently realistic schedule up. The more common classes get 3 days, the semi-common, a little specialized get 2, and the very specialized get 1. Thankfully, I'm in college, so I know what a schedule at one looks like. Yay life experience.

Also, stuff is color coded for ease. Gonna close applications when professor spots are full, and open them again if we need more.

mp13063950_1430747580550_9.jpeg

Name: Asami Yurie

Nickname: none

Real Age: 90

Appeared Age: 25

Species: Ghoul

Powers: Disease immunity, enhanced bite

Class: Herbology

Personality: Calm, kind, blunt

Family: None

History: Born to ghouls, fed on humans and corpses and went to school to become a teacher, preferring to teach about herbology than anything else.

• raw meat
  • the dead
  • the moonlight
  • stargazing
  • the rain

Dislikes:
  • dead plants
  • dogs
  • dull days
  • summer days
  • being bored

Strengths:
  • her cool demeanor
  • her knowledge of plants
  • her tolerance for stupidity that is bound to happen
  • her bluntness
  • her willingness to help students

Weaknesses:
  • her bluntness
  • cannot read the atmosphere
  • her hunger
  • her ability to space out during a lecture
  • sometimes considered not very helpful

Fears:
  • going hungry
  • Her hunger taking over and accidentally attacking either the other teachers or the students.

Crush: Open

Significant Other: Open

Last edited by a moderator:
How will the classes work exactly?

The system means we need to know what day it is. I think it should be Sunday; that way we have a day of welcoming and afterwards we can jump right into the classes.

Note that RPing days takes a very long time, and should probably be controlled by the DM. Can I suggest perhaps a school bell that goes off to denote the start of every class? Perhaps after a certain number of posts?

The system means we need to know what day it is. I think it should be Sunday; that way we have a day of welcoming and afterwards we can jump right into the classes.

Note that RPing days takes a very long time, and should probably be controlled by the DM. Can I suggest perhaps a school bell that goes off to denote the start of every class? Perhaps after a certain number of posts?
well since this is a collage/uni level roleplay in most uni's you actually have 'freshers week' which is a week with no lectures or lessons that allows for people to get to know each other and get used to it all.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ythania
If I may, what classes have not been claimed by professors?

The classes are working in a way that the students will have chosen their classes before they came to the school. The classes available can all be picked from (so just keep a general idea of your list for future reference, I don't need to know what you chose), and make sure you keep an eye on the time I put in my posts (it'll be at the top) so your characters get there on time. Also, you won't want to take all of them. You do need time for homework.

I will be controlling the time, but I won't be a time-Nazi about it. If you yourself cannot post for a professor, we'll just pass it off as them being sick or going out of town for some reason. No big deal. The class just won't happen that day. If a student can't post, people will assume they're skipping (not uncommon in college settings) or that they're also sick or are visiting family or something. If you wanted to be really cool about it, you could even RP that into your post when you got back. "X returned from his trip to see his mother." or "That was one of the nastiest colds X has ever had to experience." kinda stuff.

A mention: Also, I would really like some realism. "But Tari, these are magic beings, this is already unrealistic." You may say. Yeah, but some magic beings need food and sleep. While I don't expect you to RP every time they eat, drink, and shower, I do expect some sort of mention of doing daily things. Unless your character actually doesn't need food or sleep (angels/demons, robots, other immortals), they're not going to be able to stay up four nights in a row and never eat.

Another mention: You guys aren't the only students. There are NPCs that you can bully and push around. I myself will be using NPCs quite a bit.

• Useful
Reactions: Ythania
good luck trying to bully a several thousend year old golem monk who will just ask you what you are doing.

I should be able to get my teacher finished up and a post for my demon boy today.

Done with my teacher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just need to flesh out the personality, and she'll be good to go!

It needs to be longer than just three words, I'd like a few lines.

Ugh sorry for not responding. Was gonna post tonight after class but I got an awful migraine. Will get something up tomorrow, though. Maybe late tonight.

Reactions: Quake
Hey guys. Sorry to say this but i am dropping out. Too much is going on right now and it is hard to keep up. You can all just forget my character even existed. Bye.

Alright. :(

Come on y'all, let's get posting please. I'm tired of roleplays being a fad that only lasts a couple weeks on this website. Show me that this place is worth staying at!

I'll be posting momentarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.