VAULT WAR - Chat & Questions

Wait I'm confused. We can choose to take either a power bonus or a bonus to both age and sanity? or just one of the three?

You don't even need to do maths. if they have higher age or sanity yours becomes equal to that stat.

Only problem is it might actually be quite easy to get max age/sanity in a single conquest if you find an old/recent thread with no replies.

On the top of evil and benevolent characters...

Did everyone just skip my character? T______T I feel so unloved. Thanks guys.

*cries a river*

Who is this Zen person and where did they come from? .____.

And Porg, that may not be quite so much of a problem as you think. I mean... Yeah, you can max it out. But you can't get any more powerful than that. Whereas Power can just keep getting bigger.

Okay, So as I understand it. We can only pump one stat per conquest.
Power points are used up for combat between players, but we can use our age stat to heal back to our max? If I was at 13 age with a max power of 50 and i was knocked down to 20 in a turn then the max I could heal is 13 and that's once per day? Or can this only be done with an Absolute? In that case what do I use my age stat for?

If we pump either age or sanity then we have a cap at 61. For sanity that makes sense when making a sanity attack you can spare your own points. for absolutes its good because after you spend the points you can regain them through more conquests. You can rise to 61, make an absolute with sanity of say 30. and then gain more sanity points for yourself because you would be down to 31 on your stats. Right?
I feel like I might be beating a dead horse but its just a little confusing. Have any of the rules discussed in this Q&A been made official?

I really need a page that is all inclusive of every rule in the game that can be changed easily and is easily found so that I know whats going on. T_T

The combat rules are here, Timber.

And Age and Sanity isn't truly capped. Cos every month there's gonna be a new max added to this table. So if you're at max age/san all you have to do is wait a month then pounce on the newest threads that get dumped in the vault.

And none of these rules discussed here have been made official yet.

They haven't? Not the one about only grabbing one stat boost from a conquest, either?

o_o

N...no.... I thought we were still discussing stuff...

Reactions: 1 person
Sweet, I'll put the new rules into effect tomorrow.

And yeah, if you've got an Absolute built from FIVE corresponding threads that all reference the exact same roleplay world, then that's an Absolute that can't be destroyed unless your opponent takes out ALL FIVE of those worlds.

:3

Later on, I may even develop Genre Specific Powers that are based on the proportions of worlds you own from certain genres.

But that'll be an expansion, once everyone's used to the basics.

Looks like I will become... THE IDOLMASTER.

ARE YOU GUYS LADY!?

EDIT: Another question, I'm gonna be allying with Mr. Rape Tree. For him to travel to any of my lands as a free action, he needs to be adjacent to one of my lands, right? Must this adjacent connection always be referenced in every war record post in which he uses any of my worlds as a jump-off point?

Another question: Can an absolute be shared among allies? Like, for the above 5-world thing. I can anchor the absolute in the 5 threads, but what if one of them is owned by my ally? (In this case rape-tree)

Maybe for Age how it increases is by how many months older than yours it is and years. So if your thread's start date is July 2013 and the thread you conquer is January 2011 you would get 5 from the month and 2 from the year. That would work well for newer threads to get more age and if the same thing is applied for Sanity it's better for older threads. Or something like that.

When a world is conquered, does the absolute have to be created right away, or can we delay it's making?

^ you can create an absolute any time, as long as it follows the one-world one-absolute rule.

EDIT: Another question, I'm gonna be allying with Mr. Rape Tree. For him to travel to any of my lands as a free action, he needs to be adjacent to one of my lands, right? Must this adjacent connection always be referenced in every war record post in which he uses any of my worlds as a jump-off point?
Yeah, just mention it somewhere. Like "using ally's back passage lol". Just so I don't get confused and enraged.

Can an absolute be shared among allies? Like, for the above 5-world thing. I can anchor the absolute in the 5 threads, but what if one of them is owned by my ally? (In this case rape-tree)
Er.... I would say if he hasn't used it to make an Absolute, then he can give it over to you. I'm not sure how that will affect the game though... so we'll try it for now and see what happens later.

Maybe for Age how it increases is by how many months older than yours it is and years.
Yeah, I think we'll go with that

When a world is conquered, does the absolute have to be created right away, or can we delay it's making?
You can delay. Just make it absolutely (hurr hurr) clear on your character sheet which world the Absolute is tied to.

I have to admit, I'm still kinda fond of the 'soft cap' rule someone brought up earlier. That is, when you reach the maximum age/sanity, you can still gain +1 or something to either for conquering a new thread, even though it's younger/less sane than yours. Not everyone may choose to do that, since they can gain more from harvesting it's power or by just using their Age/Sanity to make an absolute and then reaping more benefits... but it also opens up the possibility that, if you're patient and keep with it, you could make a wickedly awesome Age/Insanity Absolute/attack/whatever. Idk.

So, absolutes become more powerful as you collect the IC, OOC, and interest check pages. I want to know if the same thing happens if you control multiple threads made by different people, but with the same subject.