VAULT WAR - Chat & Questions

faulkner

you can wait a little while before making one but be careful once you put the power into it you won't get it back if you decide to destroy it and your power stat will stay were it is at after you made the absolute

Yeah I know the effects, that's why I wanted to know if we could have time to consider it before making one, haha.

Okay, new question. If we make an Age Absolute or a Sanity Absolute, will it detract from our Age or Sanity the same way Power Absolutes do? It doesn't seem quite fair, given how much more slowly Age and Sanity build up according to the rules.

Hmm...

...it makes sense, by the Absolute rules, to allow Sanity and Age to be added in their entirety when you conquer a world.

But... that means Age and Sanity will increase VERY quickly... since even 0-power posts will have HUGE CHUNKS of age and sanity. All those crappy interest checks, failed OOCs, and piss-poor roleplays. They'll be yielding TONS AND TONS of age and sanity prizes. You could conquer a few of these shitholes and then unleash an ULTIMATE SANITY ATTACK that explodes someone's head in a single round.

I think a thread deserves to be valuable if it has a lot of replies. Because clearly its an idea that has worked and got lots of response. But a thread being valuable just because it's OLD? Or new? I don't think that's fair.

If someone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

Perhaps there's a way you could link the rules of creating an Age/Sanity Absolute to the power of the thread in question. Like, if it has fewer than X replies, you can only use up to Y points of available Age/Sanity when creating an Absolute for either of those stats?

Whoop whoop. Thread and View sorting is now disabled.

Perhaps there's a way you could link the rules of creating an Age/Sanity Absolute to the power of the thread in question. Like, if it has fewer than X replies, you can only use up to Y points of available Age/Sanity when creating an Absolute for either of those stats?

That seems like another dose of non-intuitive rules. Think about the children, Faulkner.

And surely, it's gonna be easy to bump up your Age/San by attacking a load of 0 Reply threads. They'll fall easily and you can reap sanity and age from them each time.

I dunno... it seems fair enough to me... but if someone's got a simple solution then let me know.

Can I destroy my occupied worlds at any time or only upon conquest?

Eh, I'd agree with you, Asmo, if we didn't have to wait 24 hours between each conquest. To choose between gaining +95 Power, and +1 age/sanity? Seems a whole lot easier to just not make Age/Sanity Absolutes, especially since if we lose them in battle, it'll take insanely longer to recoup them than it would to gain more power.

What are the benefits of having absolutes? When you can just have the points in your stats

Can I destroy my occupied worlds at any time or only upon conquest?
Whenever you like.

What are the benefits of having absolutes? When you can just have the points in your stats
Absolutes give you FREE attacks. Power Attacks that don't drain your own power. Age heals that can be used on the same round as an attack. Sanity Attacks that affect multiple opponents. They WILL turn the course of battle.

Eh, I'd agree with you, Asmo, if we didn't have to wait 24 hours between each conquest. To choose between gaining +95 Power, and +1 age/sanity? Seems a whole lot easier to just not make Age/Sanity Absolutes, especially since if we lose them in battle, it'll take insanely longer to recoup them than it would to gain more power.
Hmm... maybe we should change it so that you CHOOSE which stat to harvest from conquered worlds. You only get to choose one...

I need to apply my brainmeat to that idea and work out if it's fair.

*mind-melds with Paorou and Quill*

how about when you get to choose sanity or age increase you have to wait one day before increasing that same stat....like say you pick sanity the next day you can only pick age or power. But power you can pick consecutively if you want

What if you can choose to possess/shift towards the highest sanity/age among all the worlds you have? Maybe have this as an absolute shift option, like the type-change. So you can choose a thread and shift to it, making it an absolute that reflects your new age/sanity stat. Think of it as a one-time use stat-replacement.

The downside can be that this is permanent, and even if you shift to something else, you can't make a new absolute out of the older world anymore. Another downside is that if this world is taken, the opponent can replace his stats the same way you did.

This line of reasoning comes from the fact that with the current rules, you can't go beyond the max age or sanity anyway. (Essentially you add and add until you reach a maximum value that can't feasibly change with the current setup) This is quite unfair since some people start closer to the age/sanity max while others are so far behind that it'd take them months to become competent.

Er... but the way I have it now allows Age and Sanity to increase infinitely. If you capture 100 worlds then your sanity could be 100 + your starting sanity. And so forth.

But doing it your way will mean the highest you can ever choose to be is the number of months since the Vault started (currently 61).

And it doesn't solve Faulkner's problem - the time/benefit problem of making Age and Sanity absolutes.

How about this: The Age Absolute becomes a permanent regen rate. So EVERY round you fight, you heal an amount equal to the Age Absolute. And the Absolute Sanity attack is pitched against the lowest opponent but damages ALL other opponents equally, regardless of their sanity.

That way these two types of Absolutes, which are harder to make, are also VERY effective things to have.

I like it....besides we just started this still got plenty of time to smooth things out for everyone

Uh, yes.

Also if I can move to my base from any of the places I conquered can I still move to another place from my base?

And I update my profile with the new stats right?

Do I use the new power, sanity, and age when conquering a new thread and determining if it's more sane/older than I am?

Do the views get added or do I just use my base thread's views?

This may be a dumb question, but is something more sane when it has more sanity points? or is it more insane?

Absolutes give you FREE attacks. Power Attacks that don't drain your own power. Age heals that can be used on the same round as an attack. Sanity Attacks that affect multiple opponents. They WILL turn the course of battle.

Okay so I see the point of Age and Sanity Absolutes, but Power Absolutes? It cost an amount of power to create one, and then that absolute is a one attack per battle item of that same strength of the cost. So while it doesn't drain one to use it in combat, the creation of one drains your ultimate power score. It seems to be that it doesn't matter if you create one or not, you still end up with the same amount of power, just some of it condensed into one attack. It seems to me that a normal power attack could fill the same role. Maybe I'm just being slow, but can someone explain it to me.

Er... but the way I have it now allows Age and Sanity to increase infinitely. If you capture 100 worlds then your sanity could be 100 + your starting sanity. And so forth.

But your wording says that I can only increase sanity/age if the thread is saner/older than me. That means the max power is the upper limit of your chart, because I can't increase the score further if I am at that upper limit.

Also, +1 is a really slow increase, regardless of the potential. Especially because of the conditions to increase the values.

But doing it your way will mean the highest you can ever choose to be is the number of months since the Vault started (currently 61).

And it doesn't solve Faulkner's problem - the time/benefit problem of making Age and Sanity absolutes.

Not really, with the insta-top sanity/age potion, I'd have more incentive to make sanity attack/free heal absolutes, cuz I can easily restock to a manageable degree by capturing and making absolute the next world.

How about this: The Age Absolute becomes a permanent regen rate. So EVERY round you fight, you heal an amount equal to the Age Absolute. And the Absolute Sanity attack is pitched against the lowest opponent but damages ALL other opponents equally, regardless of their sanity.

That way these two types of Absolutes, which are harder to make, are also VERY effective things to have.

Kinda imbalanced if you make multiple age absolutes, dontcha think?