VAULT WAR - Chat & Questions

On a more serious note, more questions:

1. My total power score can be lowered by creating absolutes. Can this lowered score count toward qualifying for the base change?

2. If I get the OOC and IC of a roleplay, say I made complete absolutes of both (Both power). Can I fuse them into one absolute? (More for the sake of flavor than anything, I assure you.)

3. Creating absolutes takes up a free action for the day, right? Is there a limit to how many times we can create them (per day; other than the one world->one absolute rule)

1. My total power score can be lowered by creating absolutes. Can this lowered score count toward qualifying for the base change?
Yes. As long as you attack the world with a lower CORE power than what the world has. (it doesn't matter how many absolutes you're packing in this case)

2. If I get the OOC and IC of a roleplay, say I made complete absolutes of both (Both power). Can I fuse them into one absolute? (More for the sake of flavor than anything, I assure you.)
Yep.

3. Creating absolutes takes up a free action for the day, right? Is there a limit to how many times we can create them (per day; other than the one world->one absolute rule)
I'd say you can create as many Absolutes as you want per day, as long as you have the worlds to support each one.

ThE_DeAd and Chronos... what should we call our alliance? We're all kinda evil and undeadish.

The Bonesingers?

The Crypt Keepers?

Dead Reckoning?

Any ideas?

How about the Abyssal Ones? as in we were the ones who accepted the darker side of the abyss?

Are you limited to using ONE absolute per combat/action?

Also can you use an absolute from any world at any time? Or does it have to be the world that is in combat can only use the absolute that was created on that specific world?

The same question goes for powers. Can you use world type special ability from any world at anytime? Or does it have to be the world that is in combat can only use the type special ability that it has?

Once you occupy a world, you can ALWAYS travel to it, regardless of where you are.

Does this take up a day's movement, or is it a free pass?

Another Set of Questions:

1. Can I retroactively destroy any worlds I have conquered, or must I decide to destroy it upon landing?

2. If I must destroy it upon landing, can I move from that destroyed world on my next turn? (The destroyed world is used as the basis/source of my next move)

3. If I can retroactively destroy worlds, what happens to absolutes made from them?

4. Extending the above question, what if I make an absolute of a roleplay of which I have both OOC and IC, then I decide to destroy one of them - will I be able to maintain the absolute in its original state (when both were still undestroyed?)

Are you limited to using ONE absolute per combat/action?
Read the Absolute rules.

Also can you use an absolute from any world at any time? Or does it have to be the world that is in combat can only use the absolute that was created on that specific world?
Absolutes become your personal items/powers. You carry them with you.

The same question goes for powers. Can you use world type special ability from any world at anytime? Or does it have to be the world that is in combat can only use the type special ability that it has?
You can only use the World Type powers of your BASE WORLD. Nothing else.

So I'm some kind of Confluence pillar or something?
Read the Genre rules in the Bio template.

Does this take up a day's movement, or is it a free pass?
Free pass.

Can I retroactively destroy any worlds I have conquered, or must I decide to destroy it upon landing?
Whenever you like. You'll lose the Power and any Age/San points you got from it.

If I must destroy it upon landing, can I move from that destroyed world on my next turn? (The destroyed world is used as the basis/source of my next move)
Yes.

If I can retroactively destroy worlds, what happens to absolutes made from them?
They are lost.

Extending the above question, what if I make an absolute of a roleplay of which I have both OOC and IC, then I decide to destroy one of them - will I be able to maintain the absolute in its original state (when both were still undestroyed?)
Yes. This is why it makes sense to capture complimentary OOCs and ICs. It makes your Absolutes harder to lose.

Alright, now a question about base changing via absolute-rules.

Say I no longer care about my original base, and for some reason, it is lost. Do I lose all my starting stats? In other words, that huge chunk of sanity/age/power I gained from landing on that world?

If not, how much do I lose?

Whatever the taker gains from snatching your world is what you lose.

So if they conquer your base and take 18 power, 1 Age and 1 San - those numbers get deducted from you.

They can even steal your Absolute if they want to use it for themselves.

1. If I'm at the bottom of the page can I move to the thread at the top of the next page in the vault?

2.Is there any way we can search through the vault posts after they've been reordered based on start date etc? Because as it stands right now I'm having a hell of a time locating my threads.

1. If I'm at the bottom of the page can I move to the thread at the top of the next page in the vault?
Yep.

2.Is there any way we can search through the vault posts after they've been reordered based on start date etc? Because as it stands right now I'm having a hell of a time locating my threads.
If you have the link to a conquered thread, you can find it on a page by searching any of its stats, username, title, etc.

And that's about as easy as it gets. Every day I click on my V A U L T links and update them, since they've usually shifted to the next page. It's not that tricky once you get the hang of it.

For every character that joins Vault War, I need to find a thread and then RE-find that thread in 5 other ways. After the first few times it becomes a very straightforward routine.[/autistic smug]

i listed all my threads on paper with # of replies, starter, or last post; usually if I have one of those I can track my threads down easily

i listed all my threads on paper with # of replies, starter, or last post; usually if I have one of those I can track my threads down easily

Yeah I do the same, if you know the info of the thread you're searching by you can narrow down the page number as you look, and the occupied tags tend to make them fairly easy to spot.

Do we have to decide to make an absolute immediately upon conquering a world? Or can we wait a little while before doing that?

My base world was created by someone listed as a member, but their username is in Lurker colors. Does this matter, and if so, will it change my alignment?

The Realm : http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/showthread.php?t=6806

The Creator: http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/member.php?u=1246

Hmm... weird. o_O

I've gone into the Admin area and checked the account. They're definitely a Lurker... even though it doesn't say that on the mini-profile. It's possible that they've only JUST been flagged as Lurker status.

So yeah... your world has now changed Type. Think of it as a natural disaster, or a spatial phenomena. Something's happened to your world, and now its nature has changed.