LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Anime, Magical, Action, Etc
Hello there everyone..

I have an idea but before I go ahead and explain a bit about this roleplay, I am going to need 1 or 2 GMs who are willing to work with me on this. I wont talk much about rules and regulations when it comes to what we can and cannot do for the roleplay.. Not yet.

Its an RP in modern days. It's about vampires and their guardians. Every single vampire is assigned a guardian who is by their side. So they are basically a duo. Now, they can hate each other, or have a good relationship with one another.

It will be set in an academy and our characters will be older than 24.. College/University appropriate ages

It this roleplay, there will be politics, power plays, drama, twists, betrayals and a lot more. Definetely action as well... And lets not forget romance for those who are interested in that as well.

There will be powerful families and so on. More will be revealed once this has garnered enough interest.

I am looking for 12 players. If that's not possible, 8 or 6 would suffice as well.

I would like this to be a long term roleplay where we can do the world building together as we progress.

As for what the vampires in this world will be capable of doing... And the guardians.. That too, will be revealed once I know this RP is happening.

Let me know what you think. Ask me any questions as well. Do not hesitate to ask.

Also.. the title for the RP will be changed.. Its not going to be called something as generic as what I have up here.

You already know I'm in 😎

I have to be here for your debut so of course I'm here. @Justin you too

You already know I'm down!

I'm here and I'm down!

Count me in. Though I'm a little confused as to why 'older than 24' is 'university age' but hey! vampires and university students, basically the same thing!

Count me in. Though I'm a little confused as to why 'older than 24' is 'university age' but hey! vampires and university students, basically the same thing!
I am unsure about the age part since it differs in different parts of the world.. So feel free to educate me on what should be the apppriate age from and to.. When it comes to college students..

I am unsure about the age part since it differs in different parts of the world.. So feel free to educate me on what should be the apppriate age from and to.. When it comes to college students..
But that does bring an interesting question. How do you imagine the vampirism works here since based on the ages it sounds like they age and since there are families they reproduce too, right?

But that does bring an interesting question. How do you imagine the vampirism works here since based on the ages it sounds like they age and since there are families they reproduce too, right?

The vamps can reproduce yes.. And.. You can even get a half vamp with a human.. Interesting right? Anyhow.. Yeah. Either you're born a vampire, or you die with vamp blood in your system, which turns you into a vamp, but then.. You're not natural/pureblood I guess.

So age for vamps.. It works like this.

Once you hit 30, you stop aging.. Kinda.. You age veeery slowly. So when you're 100 years old. You would look like you're 35. Once you hit 150, you would look like you're 40.

In this RP.. an Elder vampire is considered 400+ years old. So that would make them look like they're 60 ish...

And Elder vamps hold a lot of political power.. Err.. some of them..

The academy is a place that's like coming of age for the vamps.. They are being groomed for the political world of the vampires..

There is a big hierarchy in the vampire world. And powerful families will have interesting roles.

The headmaster of the Academy is going to look like he's in his 50-60ss......

Does this answer your question? Ask me more.

• Useful
Reactions: MaryGold and wren.

The vamps can reproduce yes.. And.. You can even get a half vamp with a human.. Interesting right? Anyhow.. Yeah. Either you're born a vampire, or you die with vamp blood in your system, which turns you into a vamp, but then.. You're not natural/pureblood I guess.

Once you hit 30, you stop aging.. Kinda.. You age veeery slowly. So when you're 100 years old. You would look like you're 35. Once you hit 150, you would look like you're 40.

In this RP.. an Elder vampire is considered 400+ years old. So that would make them look like they're 60 ish...

The academy is a place that's like coming of age for the vamps.. They are being groomed for the political world of the vampires..

There is a big hierarchy in the vampire world. And powerful families will have interesting roles.

It does, I will be sure to have more questions for you soon ^^

Ok, so questions based on answers:
so basically vampires past 30 age at a 1:10 ratio, 1 'vampire year' = 10 human years?

Political power in human socieity or vampire society?

So the academy is like a 'you're now a vampire adult' ?

Can we have a rough outline of this hierarchy?

You asked what age is suitable for uni/collage, Well in the UK you go in to Uni at about 18-20 ish and come out 21-23 depending. Collage in the uk is a different thing.

What sort of vampires are these? blood sucking super humans? sparkely marble assholes? transform in to bats and smoke and only need a snack once in a while? Also, vampire magic? yes or no? Or are these traits family dependant?

And final, and most critical question: When we gonna get a OOC and a chance to build some characters?

Reactions: Phi Chisym
What do guardians do exactly? I'm not sure if this was asked yet or if I missed it somehow. Are hunters (or other entities) a thing that they protect them from or are they like walking blood pouches? Are they there to ensure the vamps behave? Is there a benefit for them or is that political too? I'm also kinda assuming they're human at least in most cases? 🤔

Ok, so questions based on answers:
so basically vampires past 30 age at a 1:10 ratio, 1 'vampire year' = 10 human years?

Political power in human socieity or vampire society?

So the academy is like a 'you're now a vampire adult' ?

Can we have a rough outline of this hierarchy?

You asked what age is suitable for uni/collage, Well in the UK you go in to Uni at about 18-20 ish and come out 21-23 depending. Collage in the uk is a different thing.

What sort of vampires are these? blood sucking super humans? sparkely marble assholes? transform in to bats and smoke and only need a snack once in a while? Also, vampire magic? yes or no? Or are these traits family dependant?

And final, and most critical question: When we gonna get a OOC and a chance to build some characters?

Yes, you are correct about the age.

Political power is mostly going to be in the vampire society... But.. there will be some power that very few vamp families have in the human society.

The academy is not what you said. Its basically like this. "You're joining the academy now. So the academy will prepare you for adult vampire life."

So once you're done with the academy.. errr graduated I guess.. Then you are considered an adult vampire, but since our RP will be based around the academy/college setting, RP will likely end once you graduate :P

As for the hierarchy... You need to be a bit more specific about that.. Since I am currently working on that stuff.

I can say that we will have Elder Vampires who "might" hold a lot of influence in the vamp society.

You will have families that are also considered clans. But there will be a council that will be controlled by five to six families that hold most of the power in the society, but an Elder vampire will be above them all.

You have nobles. Nobles are basically those who are of high rank but serve a family and the members of the family. When I say members of the family, I mean those who are directly related to the Family Head. Daughters, sons and so on. Then you have branches of that family that follow the main family.

Then you have Ambassadors that are basically the advisers/right hand of the Family Head. They serve to protect and do whatever the Family Head says.

Then you have Aristocrats, who kinda dont have a good reputation I guess. Since they have a some human blood in their ancestry and therefore they are considered the bad batch of the vamp race. You will have aristocrat families in this roleplay. One in particular.

So..

An Aristocrat family will have to answer to a Pureblood family. But know that an Aristocrat family is not a branch of the Pureblood family.

Elder Vampires >> Pureblood Vampires >> Nobles >> Aristocrats >> Guardians/Servants

Every family has an ambassador. Every vampire family has a guardian family that serve them. A guardian is assigned to a vampire, but not of the latters choosing.

I guess I want our characters to be around the age of 23-27 and in college/academy? Does that sound about right?

They are not sparkly but I would say they are all beautiful, lol. Or maybe not.. They are bloodsucking super humans. As for vamp magic... I'd say thats a part of this. Some would be more specific to some families, but mainly pureblood families.

As for the OOC and character building. That will happen once I feel we have the right amount of peeps.. And so far, it looks like that'll happen very soon.

Anyways, I hope I answered your questions to your satisfaction. if not, please ask me more.

What do guardians do exactly? I'm not sure if this was asked yet or if I missed it somehow. Are hunters (or other entities) a thing that they protect them from or are they like walking blood pouches? Are they there to ensure the vamps behave? Is there a benefit for them or is that political too? I'm also kinda assuming they're human at least in most cases? 🤔
They guardians protect vampires secrets. If a human finds out, they would take care of them. They would protect you against assassination attempts and so on. They are also there to make sure vamps behave I guess.. Depends on the situation. They are not humans but they USED to be.

• Thank You
Reactions: Monbon
Is this inspired by the vampire academy novels
someone did mention that when I talked about this RP a couple of days ago. I guess it is since nothing is sorta never original anymore haha.

Oooh, tell me there's still space in this. Sounds intriguing.

Any ETA on the OOC? We're already in the range of the amount of people expressing interest for this that you've wanted.