Unlikely Heroes

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, those are good choices. Number three seems a bit much but at the same time seeing who she is it might be the one that fits. I think I'll go with that one.

I'll go with 2.

Haha ... I don't know why but alligators remind me too much of Florida and I o.O don't know if Vida ever lived round there.

Hey Wraith you wouldn't happen to have a higher quality copy of your profile picture do you?

Hey I don't know how many of you still are (or ever were) on the Roleplayers Guild but if any of you are I've got another superpowered RP that is floundering in the membership department.

Running form the World

If anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your roleplay!

Hey all! I just wanted to check in and see how you all are doing since things have been pretty quiet recently. Things are starting to get rolling for the upcoming mission and I've worked out a few kinks with the pms I've gotten from you all so far and I look forward to those who haven't sent them in yet (hint hint, if you haven't done so it is highly encouraged that you get to it soon). After the timeskip things are going to get pretty crazy, pretty quickly since we will be jumping right into the action but before we get to that point we need to finish things up here in the IC and wrap up the loose ends.

First of all, Ceru is going to be dropping out for now but as always there will be a spot for him if he and his crazy character decides to rejoin.

Secondly, I see that there hasn't been any posts in the IC recently and was wondering if there is something I can do to help you guys out to get your posts up, especially with the characters in the the base. I'll be more than happy to sit down and chat with you if you are struggling with a post.

In the meantime, three weeks is quite a bit of time and more than enough time for our characters that are in the base to start to get to know each other more and form opinions, friendships or even rivalry with each other. As we finish up the IC it might be a good time now to think about how these relations might grow because it can affect how things will go during the mission.

I've started up a few thoughts Jenna might have about the others but this by no means has to be the final outcome of the three weeks but rather a way to start up a discussion with you all.

Callie: Jenna would like Callie or more specifically her bubbly nature as she reminds her of a more energetic version of her best friend. She would like to form a friendship with Callie but if they do it could possibly form into a one sided one since she would want Callie to take the reigns.

Ester: Jenna would trust Ester and trust her quite a bit due to her calm personality. Although she might reveal the most about herself due to this trust, she would be hesitant to show how much she is struggling even to her.

Katsuro: Jenna would be wary of Katsuro, if not intimidated of him. It will depend greatly on how he acts in response to her meekness in terms of how exactly their relationship will form but even so she will act polite towards him and avoid any unnecessary confrontation.

Max: Jenna would be quite curious in learning more about Max's history during his time living outside the country. Even more so would be her interest in his artwork which might fuel her curiosity in finding a non aggressive use of her powers with her abilities.

Pat: The trust Pat has gained from their time together trying to find Sam has grown as they spent time with each other and whether it is due to his age or his actions during this time she holds some respect for the man although she can be a bit too cautious about his powers to the point of avoiding any physical contact.

Teddy: Jenna would have a bittersweet relationship with Teddy. Due to Teddy's age, she would be a constant reminder of Sam and the broken promise she gave her. However she would be keen on getting to know the girl better and helping her out the best she can.

Vida: Jenna likes Vida and adores her cats. Even though she likes Vida, her eccentric ways and her powers would scare Jenna especially after witnessing what all she is able to do. However between her cats and how Vida is when she isn't scary Jenna tries to build a friendship between the two.

Sam and Christian: She would constantly be worried about them and although she wouldn't be able to do much herself in trying to find them she would bug Daniel as often as she can to go and see if he can locate them or if there has been any updates from Masaru. This would probably keep up for quite awhile but would start to die down a bit near the end of the third week when she would start to lose hope in finding them.

• Love
Reactions: IzKripp
Sorry about not posting in a while, I've basically been working overtime for the past 2-3 months. I should have a lot more free time starting next week, though. I'll aim to get a post up before the weekend is over.

As for character relations, I'm not too sure how Katsuro will be with most of them specifically, but (like his powers) he has a chameleon-like personality. He's good at conforming without appearing to be submissive. Since he's new to the group, he might be a little quiet at first to get a sense of what kind of people he's around, then he'll act accordingly.

I know he'll have a crush on Callie, and @Ryver K. Stella mentioned having him teach her some karate, which sounds like fun. So, if she's still down for that idea, we could say that during the timeskip he has taught her some pretty basic stuff.

I think Jenna's feelings toward him make sense and would be a fun dynamic. Although Katsuro will try to get on everybody's good side, her timidity will probably require him to go a bit out of his way, which is something he wants to avoid. He might feel like he's walking on eggshells.

I imagine him being particularly wary of Vida both for her powers and unpredictable personality.

And I guess he won't even know who Christian and Sam are until their return.

So, I'm open to any ideas anybody has with what their relationship might be like with Katsuro. Or we could just wing it =p

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: IzKripp and Rina
Assuming she remains in captivity for three weeks, I do have plans for how Sam will react and change. I also have plans for Mantovani.

Sam, whether she wants to or not, will be forced to use her powers regularly. This is despite her weakness. Mantovani has plans for mitigating that anyway, and will attempt to exploit any benefits she can give him. After three weeks of this, there will be certain changes which will be quite understandable, given the circumstances.

If she seems too bitter or resentful, try to imagine how your characters would react to that kind of imprisonment. Sure, she was accustomed to being held in the institution, but...they didn't have guns.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rina
Whoops, apologies for the delay.

Hmmm, Teddy relationships... Should always be cuddly. :P

Well, first off, easily enough, she wouldn't know Sam or Christian, though she'd likely be curious due to any references she manages to catch and the discussions about rescues and all that. She probably would have asked and would want to help, but there wouldn't be as much emotional obligation for her.

She'd probably feel a little out of the loop at first, just like, I really have no idea what's going on, I know Tia told me most of this but it is a whole other kettle of fish to see an actual hidden base and live inside it and be told that outside people contacting is prohibited until such time as it can be done safely. Like, what even is that supposed to mean? Reconciling all those xmen movies/comics with this actual real life weirdness would just leave her sort of wide-eyed and lost for a few days, I think. During which she would certainly appreciate Jenna's helpfulness and anyone else's. But after that!

Anyone willing to talk to her or let her talk at them is fair game. She'd be really eager to discuss powers and what people can do with them and how they all wound up here and discovered what they could do and if any of them remember each other from the bus crash.

She likes to make sure she knows everyone she's sharing space with, so she'd probably have managed to insert herself into everyone's day at least once, whether it was just her sitting at the same table or being in the same room and watching(not creepy, just quietly, totally ready to smile and invite talk), or actually having a conversation would depend on the other person's level of social needs/wants/comfort at the time of her making the attempt.

She'd be making use of paper and pencil and her new phone, to try making sure they don't say well, you don't need the phone if you're just using the old fashioned method and it works fine. But, like, Jenna, no touchy her phone! The precious!

Max would probably be the one she has the largest problem connecting with conversationally, simply because of his vision problems in the beginning, but with some lipreading and help from other people, that can be readily overcome. And given as they both have vision related powers, possibly something in common.

She could probably come up with questions for everyone. Just getting to know them, their preferences, learn new things for herself...

Katsuro and Max would potentially get cultural questions, or language questions, or sport questions. At least, once she finds out their sports.

Everyone would get questions about their jobs.

And she'd probably mention at least three times a day to anyone that she really hopes they can figure out something to do about the people on the outside situation because she doesn't want her parents to worry.

And I'm guessing that Vida would not be as much of a concern for her, because Teddy's not seen her creepy side and she has cats.

• Thank You
Well Christian's going to spend three weeks tracking down Sam so I don't think there's really any chance for development with anyone else.

• Thank You
Sorry for kind of falling off the radar for a while, I been a bit busy with school recently. I'll try to read over everything new in the OC and get up an IC post today if possible.

I have also just realised that I don't have the titanpad info, because I am slow on the uptake. Very, very slow.

Well, for the first bit of that 3 week period, Pat's probably going to be actively avoiding social interaction, due to a combination of the culture shock of going from decades living alone to suddenly living in close quarters with a bunch of "kids" running around, and that he has a migraine in effect (People = Noise = Bad). He'll probably be spending most of his time in his room with the occasional forays into in cafeteria and wherever their doing training. When the migraine lifts, he'll probably be a bit more sociable, though his natural solitary nature would prevent him from forming any relationship beyond acquaintance without significant effort on the others part, though he would have a bit of a soft spot for Callie, seeing as she helped him out earlier. He'll also have a lot more respect for Dr. Wilson than anyone else, just because he's a doctor and a closer to his age.

• Thank You
Vida is going to be Vida. Haha she will avoid people in groups and won't make an effort to talk to anyone unless something interests her. She is generally going to be nice to everyone showing no favorites.

Those she gets closest to will probably be those that show a liking to her cats more.

As far as any physical contact with any one she will most likely be fearful for them as much as she is for herself. So anyone being within contact range will probably send her into a small panic attack until she gets a grasp on what she can do and how it works.

Side note: she shows so fear of touching her cats and does not affect them.

• Thank You
About how much of an advance are we going to get on being able to control our powers after the three week period? Cause aside from hunting for Sam, Christian developing his abilities so that he can free her is second on his list.

Also Wraith, remind me, when Christian was captive did the mob's leader's name get mentioned?

You know...I'm really not sure if it did. It seems like no, but I'll have to check.

I just assumed no for the moment and kept referring to him as the guy in the suit. If it was I can edit his name in.

I'm not sure he's even revealed that name to Sam yet. For all she knows, he's just some Wall Street psycho who enjoys scaring the piss out of random teenagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.