Unlikely Heroes

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying 3.

Kirra updated Unlikely Heroes with a new update entry:

Chapter five!

And with that, we have reached the end of chapter four! There are a few things I ned to chang for my next post but I should have that up tomorrow followed by a pm the next few days that I will be sending to you all to prepare us for the next chapter!

In the meantime to kick off the next chapter, here is our theme song!

Chapter five: Time Weaver's First Assignment
Theme song:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: of Dirt
My post is up and PMs sent! I'll be getting my response up for the game tomorrow in case anyone else wants to answer.

Just out of curiosity, I've been gone a long time. Am I still welcome or has Christian met some terrible death by irrelevance?

Now there's an awkward way to go... Death by irrelevance. Unfortunately, I cannot answer that. I don't think he's met such an unfortunate end, but I've been a bit out of the loop recently myself, so... Sorry.

I'm just posting to say that aghk! I'm gonna try to get something up or started tomorrow, it might become necessary for a collab to happen, I'll um, jump into that skype chat as soon as I get the chance to and know in what direction I am taking the post. Apologies for the delay and lack of communication. I'll also get to that PM as soon as possible, Kirra, sorrrrry!

No, PoS; Christian is still in play. I've assumed he was laying low and figuring out what to do.

Any chance someone could catch me up on what's been happening since I left? Since when I disappeared Christian was separated from the group it's not unreasonable to assume that he's been hiding out somewhere. Also exactly what happened with Sam? I gather that she was rescued but since that would be heavily on Christian's mind it would be good to know the details.

Sam is actually still very much a prisoner, and has been moved to an unknown location. I have been planning to keep her there during the upcoming timeskip, for plot reasons.

Yes, Mantovani still has her. His position is clear: If she can't be an asset, she can still be a loss to a potential enemy. He'd rather burn one new plaything than let another group have it.

We're dealing with somebody who genuinely does not care whether an act is right or wrong; only that it can bring profit or cost, depending on how it's handled. That kind of mentality has to be approached very carefully.

I don't think it's at all reasonable to expect her to escape/get rescued before the next timeskip.

could you link me to the first Sam post after that one that ended with Christian being knocked out and dumped on the street?

Also on an unrelated note I just realized that the symbol we have at the beginning of the first OOC post is actually the mysterious Evo related symbol from Heroes whose origin was never explained.

EDIT: Never mind, I skimmed the posts since I left, mostly the ones about Masaru, the Reformer leaders and Sam. I think I'm up to date on anything that would effect my character in any significant way.

So Sam's going to spend three weeks in mobster custody. I assume trying to figure out her powers and attempting to translate that into not getting killed.

I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with Christian but I think it is reasonable to assume that he wouldn't go back to the Reformers. He's not stupid, he'll likely guess that if a bunch of mafia types let him go then they're hoping to track him back to where he came from, especially since Sam wasn't dumped with him. I don't remember exactly what type of tracer the mobsters injected him with but he could likely guess that at the very least it exists as tails could be more than unreliable for tracking someone, though he might not guess that it's implanted or know how to remove it.

Then again if he focused his spatial sense he might be able to detect it, though getting ride of it is another matter. If he's not going back to the Reformers and returning to his old life is out cause of the TSP I think Christian would try to locate Sam. He'd start by withdrawing the money off the Reformer card for cash, they'd be able to trace that but once he had the cash he could ditch the card. Then he'd need an abandoned building to hid out in and train his abilities/try to find Sam. Though I'm not exactly sure how all of that would go down. Though I do want to have him make a rescue attempt, whether or not it's successful is another matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be overthinking it. A subdermal implant is definitely going to leave some discomfort; especially if it was implanted by untrained personnel. Christian would be very acutely aware of its presence. It's not a great leap of logic for him to assume he's been chipped, especially with what he heard right before he blacked out. So that's totally IC for you to do that.

The best move for him, right now, would be to go off the grid. If it were any normal card, then I'd advise against using it. But, since it's run through a shell company (remember, these cards were meant to be a discreet form of allowance for people on the run), I doubt that any person could accidentally discover it. You'd have to be specifically searching for it, which would mean you'd have to know who your enemy is. Mantovani isn't even sure this group exists yet, so him discovering those transactions is unlikely at best.

Right now, you have a blank check. Your character could make any number of moves. Have fun with it. Run with it. Surprise us.

After the meeting gets completed, I believe.

Sorry about the delay. I was hit hard with the flu and am finally shaking it off. Let me get caught up on everything here and I'll get to work on the PMs!

1) Cameron wanted to join the TSP when the program first came out.
"You have no idea who I am if you think I would turn down the opportunity to become something more than I was. Do you know the potential someone can be with powers such as this? I had no plans on missing an opportunity like this."

2) Cameron had connections with Wilson before the TSP which helped him to be one of the candidates for Gen Bravo
"I've never met the man until the first day. Even so, I have far better connections to get into the TSP than that old man."

3) Cameron was convicted of a crime before getting involved with the TSP
"Convicted? No. There is no evidence of any crime that I might or might not have committed before the TSP. The power of money has an astonishing effect on making things clean."

Since you got it right @IzKripp it is your turn!

@Prince of Seraphs Yes! As the others said, you are more than welcome to continue here with the position you are in now, there is a ton of room for you to do things depending on what route you want to take.

The second time skip is going to happen after those at the cafe return and those at the Reformer's base get a bit of time to snoop around while the Reformers argue have a meeting about the upcoming mission. There are a few key pieces of information that needs to be found before things start.

Alright for my three I shall go with these...

1. Vida does not have a favorite color. She can't decide, so she likes stripes.
2. She once ran away from home when she was younger and was gone the whole night, she came back the next morning because she was hungry.
3. There was that one time with an alligator at her summer camp. She was dared to touch one and tried.

Reactions: Rina
Status
Not open for further replies.