Unlikely Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the true answer was... 2!

1. False, it would be difficult for Pat to think of losing a migraine as a bad thing ever.

2. True, Pat has a fairly good knowledge of how to use computers and the like due to his constant dealings with the medical field.

3. False, after the first month or so of getting migraines they became as consistent as they are in the present.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rina
@Yakamoz (Ryver) won this round!

The cafe group has gotten pretty far in their collab however for the rest of you (besides those who got their post up recently) I haven't seen much activity. Let's work on changing that.

If no one takes the marshmallow gun, I'm just gonna have to make a self-insert and take it for myself and see it you can shoot mini peeps with it. Do mini peeps exist? And then I will wander around on the ceiling shooting mini peeps at all of your characters. Why? Well, why not?

Yes! Who will be taking the marshmallow gun?

Who is going to be taking what weapon and do you all have ideas on what you are going to do once the game starts? Discussion in the Ooc is highly advised since I will be pushing things forwards since we have been stagnant for too long. I'm going to be getting a post up for Jenna tonight and after that will be getting a post up to start the game after only a few posts. Things will be moving quickly and I will be putting emphasis on our two week posting requirement so I highly encourage you all to start plotting and discussing with each other. Even if your posts are just a paragraph long, as long as it is a post pushing the plot forwards and not just a reaction post, I am perfectly fine. When I brought up the idea of the two week schedule I had no one say no to it so unless someone has something against it I think we all can get at least a paragraph up twice a month.

When are we going forth with that time skip? Cause there isn't a whole lot of meaningful stuff I can do till that happens.

Actually I think there is quite a bit left for you to do if we are still going with the plans you've talked to us about. The time skip is going to be taking us forwards by three weeks and I thought you were going to meet up with Tia before that happens and everything involved with that.

I sort of figured it would take Christian three weeks to be at the point where he was in a position to approach Tia, have any valuable information for her to work off of and not get arrested by the TSP.

If it helps you at all, Tia wouldn't necessarily bring you to the TSP if she thought of a better use for you such as she did with Teddy or if you presented her with something. She has a plan of her own brewing outside of the TSP so if you didn't want to be trapped with them yet, you don't have to be. She could be a good resource on helping Christian track Sam down and with Christian already in the grasp if TSP once it wouldn't be a stretch for her to find him since she would know who she is targeting.

The alternative is that you could work out what Christian is going to do from here. He needs to find a place to hide and possibly find answers on who took him and Sam without attracting attention from the TSP, Reformers and the group that has Sam. Finding information like that isn't going to be something an average person would exactly know right off the bat. Creativity is the key. At the current point everyone is at, you have the most freedom to run with an idea. Use that to your advantage.

I rather not have you sit around and do nothing and if I knew that sooner and that you were not held up with being busy I would have helped work something out sooner. I was waiting for a post from you to keep things going and it is something I suggest since it is better than the third option of waiting around.

Christian is unaware of Tia's abilities so at the point when he goes for help he would go to the TSP via leaving some sort of clue at his house which is presumably being monitored. He would also want to ensure that he isn't simply taken back into custody again which means prep work and training of his spatial sense so he knows if there is any backup and his telekinesis to aid in his escape should it become necessary. Once the time skip occurs I will likely detail much of his activities over the past three weeks but I don't think their is much of meaning I can do at the moment past explaining how he found a permanent shelter. Chances are he might go to the TSP sooner than three weeks but if he did it would not be immediately so if I have to choose one side of the time gap it has to be after.

Sooo... I need to know the status of the roleplay guys. It's been a bit over two weeks and we got two posts and no interaction in the OOC. The cafe group has been rolling pretty well and the collab is almost ready to be posted but I need to know where to go from here. Are we playing the training game? Is the open ended layout and the flexibility to play out the game hindering you all or is there no interest in it or is it something different altogether? With the collab coming to an end I need to know if we are going to move these new character to the game or if it would be best to do the time skip and skip the game altogether. I have no issues either way but this game wasn't only training for the characters but for you all to start to work together and use this flexibility to your advantage since the further we go into the roleplay the more things will be directed based on the characters actions (or lack of) rather than NPC involvement or the GMs railroading the roleplay. However it feels like whenever I keep things open, that is when things start to fizzle out.

Feedback would be appreciated. What is going well? What isn't? Are we reaching the end? Do we need a reset? Do you need more help working out a post because I am more than willing to help you out as I've done a few times already. I can only do so much without any feedback since it feels like the last few times I'm talking at you guys with very little feedback to bring improvement.

I've had a string of midterms recently, so that's why I missed the deadline. I'll hopefully be able to get a post up Wednesday.

As for feedback: I'd be fine playing through the training exercise but I wouldn't be against skipping it either.

As for feedback on why I've been posting infrequently: First off, its worth noting that these reasons are for me personally and likely not representative of the whole. The somewhat awkward situation that I'm in right now is trying to making a quality post out of a simple action. My next post on Pat will probably be able to be boiled down to something along the lines of "Pat feels anxious about the situation and goes down the path that they planned on." Of course, I can't just post that (and for good reason, it would be incredibly lazy and way way below the average quality of post around here) so I use one of the few writing techniques I have in my repertoire and add fluff. Unfortunately, for me at least, adding fluff that doesn't make your eyes bleed when you read it is very time consuming. So when it comes time that I should post, I have to choose between spending and evening making a below average post or putting it off, and I often end up putting it off. Not a very good excuse, but it's been what's happening.

As for feedback on how things could be improved: Can't say much here, unfortunately. My experience in role playing is pretty limited. Maybe we've been in the "no idea how to use their powers" stage too long? Of course, that's been mostly due to infrequent posting and not a fault of the RP itself. Still, at least for me personally, it kind of feels like I have this cool character with some cool powers... which I'm never going to get to use.

I personally feel that group-wide interest is tapering off, and I do not know how to repair that. I can only say that I am still committed to making this work, and that, although my characters are not presently "in the party", this does not mean I won't be participating. I just need something to participate in. With zero chatter in the OOC, and 90-most percent of Skype chatter being completely off-topic (i.e. having absolutely nothing to do with UH in any way), this savagely impairs my ability to contribute ideas constructively.

tl;dr Version: We need to communicate. Ideas, complaints, suggestions, compliments, plans for the future, methods for improving interaction, concepts for character development, constructive criticism on player skills...this should all be happening at least several times a week.

I'm usually pretty laid back about this sort of thing, but, today, I'm being that guy.

For the love of pie, guys, say something.

I'll say things for pie.

Sorry, I've been kinda off the radar for a while. I don't have any real input to offer for the current group activity. I wouldn't mind fitting Teddy and the others into the game if we can, but I also don't mind skipping forward, if that's more convenient or plot-proper, or just easiest. I'm good with either option.

I'm definitely still interested, I just don't usually partake in off-topic discussions unless they're 1x1 cuz I get lost in group conversations pretty easily. Which is nothing on anyone, I do like seeing that people are still around and talking, whether or not they're talking to me. :P That's just how I roll.

Is there anything people are particularly looking forward to with this first bit of over the hurdle, we all know we're special now we just have to figure out how or how it works?

I always like character interaction, so I know I'd probably love to just get a conversation going with Teddy and someone or two someones, and I never managed to get all the way through the epic back log of posts you guys made, :P but I wonder if the characters have just had a chance to chill and start to feel at home and show it. Maybe fight over ice cream or start finding out who they might or might not be able to get along with, or want to get along with, or maybe having fun practising their new identities with each other.

Or Vida's cats get so much extra cuddling it is not even funny...

Last edited:
I am in favor of a timeskip/training montage post, but then I am a little biased, being segregated from the group. Whatever the group decides, I will run with.

But...decide soon. UH has a good foundation. If it dies, it will be from lack of attention before anything else, and that's not the way a roleplay should end.

I'm down for the timeskip but then like Wrath I'm a little biased. Most everything that my character might do can be told in retrospect so a timeskip would give me a really lot of freedom with Christian compared to what everyone else can do with there characters.

Is there the possibility that if people don't want to do a time skip, a quick skype chat can be arranged to go through the game in short form?

I'm really against a time skip right now. I think it'd be more productive for those of you that are on their own to plan things out with each other so that you have a character to interact with that isn't your own.

Whatever else happens, I will be making little update posts throughout the training games. Could break it up a little, allowing for some variety in reading.

After quite a few months of observation, asking around and seeing the lack of motivation and activity in the group I have come to the conclusion that it is finally time to end things. Unlikely Heroes has been dying ever since my leave of absence and ever since has continued in that direction and although I've tried to push things forwards we have never been able to get back on track but instead continue to die out. Instead of reaching the bitter end (which honestly I've let things go too far already) I am going to cut the cord. It is unfortunate that things led to this and know that it is partially my fault that things went the way it did.

However, this isn't the end of Unlikely Heroes. Work is already in motion for a reboot with a small committee who will be working on improving, fixing and restructuring Unlikely Heroes. Your characters, powers and progress within the roleplay won't be for nothing though and we intend to continue at a future point within the story if you chose to continue to use your characters when the reboot starts.

The chat group will continue in Skype and I will be PMing each of you when the interest check is up but it ultimately up to you when the time comes if you join. Things will be different in many ways but it will still be Unlikely Heroes. The projected start of the reboot is in two months at most but we are aiming for a month both to give us time for the huge overhaul as well as let things settle down and have a fresh start to the new roleplay.

Thank you all for your time. It's been a fun journey and I look forward to what the future holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.