Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rina

UnlikelyHeroes3_zps32a86451.png

Chugging along since February 26, 2014
Current Players:
11/10

We are currently closed to applications! If you are interested in joining in the future, like to be put on a wait list or have any questions about the roleplay by all means feel free to contact me. As it was and always will be my policy, if you joined this roleplay in the past and had an accepted character and left on good terms feel free to get a hold of me regardless of how many people are in the roleplay and I will find a way to bring you back into the story!

Brief History

It was a year that caused a big impact to America.

However the twin towers were not the only thing that changed the the future of the United States. Instead of being broadcasted nationwide, the happenings of the Sierra Project was kept a secret. A small team of scientist under the watchful eyes of the U.S. Military went out to find a way to enhance human performance to prepare themselves for the future. However, instead of finding enhancements that could allow a person to grow physically stronger than normal or allow a person to be able to survive harsher terrains longer than normal, they created something much more than they could ever dream of. A serum was created with the properties of giving abilities that never seen before in humans

After the original group (nicknamed Generation Alpha) were tested on and the serum was found to be perfected, the Sierra Project moved to phase two with the introduction of Team Bravo in 2004. A group of ten were chosen to accomplish tasks deemed impossible by normal humans. However, things didn't go as everyone expected as Gen. (generation) Bravo was decommissioned and the Sierra Project was shut down in 2008.

Now it is 2014.

Saturday, May 3rd to be exact and a few people that previously worked on the Sierra Project are becoming restless. Taking three of the remaining ten vials of the serum, the Reformers started to set their plan into action but their plans fell through due to a minor car accident happened on the metro in New York city, breaking one of the vials during this process which allowed the gas produced from the vial to seep out and spread throughout the bus and unknowingly affected about a quarter of the people on board or nearby. Burger flipping teens, a first year middle school teacher, a recently divorced alcoholic, a tourist from Canada; just a group of average, everyday people who are soon going to be thrusted into a situation they would have never seen themselves in.

Welcome to the rebirth of the Sierra Project, Gen. Charlie.

Don't screw things up.

General Information

GM: Kirra
Co-GM: Trance
Artwork wonderfully provided by Lydyn and Ryver Rhine

Original Interest Check
Original Roleplay

• The guidelines (or rules if you rather have it called that) is quite simple and it boils down to three points as followed

Maturity
    This is the biggest rule for UH. Most, if not everything, rely on maturity here in UH. I could go off and list off twenty different rules concerning god-modding, power-playing and ways to address issues but following the rule of being mature covers it all both in terms of posting but as well as how to act in the OOC.

Posting
    We are quite lax in terms of posting, if not too lax at times. As long as there is communication going on either on Skype or the Ooc and things are progressing in the Ic, you are golden. As long as leaving a person behind doesn't become an issue posting more is not an issue and is encouraged. If you are going to be busy or will need a break from the roleplay please notify me so that we know what is going on and can find a way to work around it. Don't worry, we'v have many people join us and leave (some even returned down the road) so don't hesitate to tell us if it's time for you to move on.

This is an intermediate level roleplay so please abid, if not strive to these guidelines when writing.

Involvement
    Along with posting, getting involved in the OOC chatter or Skype is highly encouraged not only for planning and plotting for the roleplay but for the general health of the group.

Although not mandatory, Skype is a very good way to get a hold of me, Trance or many of the other roleplayers as well as being a part of the chat group we have there. If you are wanting to join, please PM Trance or myself your Skype information so we can get you plugged in. This will be the fastest way to get in contact with me.

• Gen. Alpha - The first group of Supers that were made from the Serum. Although the total amount of people that were a part of this generation is unknown, it is known that many died from the Serum or died shortly afterwards with only a few Alphas still around to this day. It is rumored that the higher concentration within the Serum that killed many of the individuals that were used for the Serum is also the same reason that out of the other Generations, those from Gen. Alphas have the strongest powers.

Gen. Bravo - After the Serum was perfected, ten individuals highly trained in different aspects were chosen to form a team to be be working alongside Person's men in 2004. These ten individuals were going to be the pioneers to a new future in stopping crime both internally as well as worldwide however plans have a tendency of going haywire which eventually led to the closure of the TSP.

Gen. Charlie - The third wave of Supers, this group is seen by Supers and TSP personnel alike as a band of misfits due to them being average citizens instead of highly trained personals or scientists as the first two generations were. No one is really sure what to expect from these people and if they will be a threat to the secret of the Sierra Project as well as becoming threat to themselves or others.

Levels (one, three and five) - Although the scientists that worked on the Sierra Project could have just called the Superpower growing stronger and such, they decided for the sake of science to classify the strength of power with one being the lowest, entry-level strength and five being the current highest rank although with the right circumstances there is a possibility of going past level five (more specifically if a level five Super had help from Daniel's power)

Reformers - Some see this group as terrorists while others see them as a group trying to stop the oppression TSP cause. Others (mainly grocery store owners) see them as a ravishing band of men obsessed with bacon and eggs. With their base located underground near a small town, the Reformers do their best to stay out of the sight of the TSP as they work on their plans for the future. Good, bad or crazy, they as well as the TSP know that they one of the main reasons the TSP was shut down in the first place.

Serum - Often found in a liquid state, under certain circumstances it can become a gas in which it is odorless, tasteless and nearly unnoticeable. This serum is only able to affect up to a quarter of the population at best by changing the DNA of a person which caused them to have abilities and certain body or mental achievements unattainable to normal humans. However this serum is not perfectly safe. There are still drawbacks caused by the serum, more so seen in Gen. Alpha due to the strength of the serum. Before the start of the roleplay there were only ten vials left in the possession of the TSP. Three have been stolen by the Reformers in which one broke. There are now two in the Reformer's possession and seven in the TSP with the potential to create many more Supers.

Sierra Project - It was said the the Sierra Project was formed by a group of scientists shortly after 2001 in hopes of bettering the future. Using the phonetic alphabet (which is also how the each generation got their names), they named the project of theirs after the aspiration of creating superheros (hint: S=Sierra in the phonetic alphabet). However when the government started to get involved things started to get messy and after the formation of Supers the Sierra Project was upgraded (or ruined coming from some perspectives) to the TSP.

Super - A person that was effected by the serum and thus has gained powers that is deemed impossible to humans.

Team Bravo - This is the team of Gen. Bravos as well as people that assist this group that are working for the TSP. In the past it was all ten Gen. Bravos and Carter but now with the formation of Reformers and a few Bravos flying solo the team consist of Carter, Richard, Tia, Ben and Aaron. Although Annie is technically not a part of Team Bravo she is usually clumped in that group as well.

TSP - Although the organization's name stands for The Sierra Project, most people won't use that name to avoid confusion with the Sierra Project which involved the formation of the serum. This group has two distinct parts in which one consist of Team Bravo while the other involves a more militaristic side of things with Pearson and the men and women under him. There is much to learn about this group and the history of what happened before TSP was shut down.

• General Bio
    Name:
    Please either have a picture and a small description (such as height, types of clothes normally worn on an average day, etc.)

Superpower
    Name of ability:
    Description:
    Level one abilities:
    What will your ability look like at level one
    Level three abilities: What will it look like at level three
    Level five abilities: What will your ability look like at level five
    Weakness/drawback: Any weaknesses or drawbacks due to your ability

History
    History: At least a paragraph
    The day before the bus ride: I would like to use this in exchange of having a personality. I would like to see what an average day was like and what type of person they were like before everything unfolded. Think of this as your introductory post.

[U][B]General Bio[/B][/U]
    [B]Name:[/B]Insert name of choice here as well as aliases and nicknames
    [B]Age:[/B] (Teen slot: 1/2 taken)
    [B]Gender:[/B] The usual male or female choice
    [B]Appearance:[/B] Please have a picture and a small description (such as height, types of clothes normally worn on an average day, etc.)

[U][B]Superpower [/B][/U]
    [B]Name of ability:[/B] What is your character's ability called
    [B]Description:[/B] Tell us exactly what this power is
    [B]Level one abilities:[/B] What will your ability look like at level one
    [B]Level three abilities:[/B] What will it look like at level three
    [B]Level five abilities:[/B] What will your ability look like at level five
    [B]Weakness/drawback:[/B] Any weaknesses or drawbacks due to your ability

[U][B]History [/B][/U]
    [B]History:[/B] At least a paragraph
    [B]The day before the bus ride:[/B] I would like to use this in exchange of having a personality. I would like to see what an average day was like and what type of person they were like before everything unfolded. Think of this as your introductory post.

Have an NPC in mind? Feel free to make one and use the template below.

Name:
    Appearance:
    Information known so far of the character:

[B]Name:[/B] Full name and alias
    [B]Age:[/B] Exact or general age is fine
    [B]Gender:[/B] Male, female or unknown
    [B]Appearance:[/B] Keep it as brief or as detailed as you like. Picture would be amazing though.
    [B]Information known so far of the character:[/B]Information as well as how they are connected to the story would be great.

• Here on Unlikely Heroes we use a color system to differentiate between three different categories to take out much of the hassle of who can do what to certain NPCs. In the first three posts when an NPC is introduced or have a change in status, their name or distinguishable characteristic will be colored with either red, yellow or green the first time they are mentioned by the owner and/or GMs.

NPCs in RED are going to be GM/Owner only NPCs
    • Important NPCs and villains that need to be played a certain way for the sake of the story will be in this category. The GMs will have full use of these NPCs even if they are NPCs made and used by another roleplayer if needed.

NPCs in YELLOW will need to have posts pre-approved
    • These will be regular tiered NPCs or villains that will be set into motion and played by the GMs (or a player if appropriate). With given consent for a post (or chapter in some cases) or having a post looked at by one of the GMs prior to posting (PM or Skype both of us), actions and dialogue from the NPC is okay.

NPCs in GREEN can be used by anyone
    • These will be regular or minor tiered NPCs or villains that will be set into motion and played by the GMs or a player if appropriate. Unless asked in the OOC not to use the NPC for a period of time (post or chapter), everyone can post actions and dialogue for the NPC as long as the character is played realistically to the way the GM (or player) set the NPC into motion.
    There will NPCs that won't have any of these three colors but will only apply to the no named (for the most part) NPCs that come and go as needed and can be introduced and used by anyone that will be used to fill in gaps and populate the roleplay (ex. shop clerk, TSP personnel, etc.)

Most reoccurring NPCs will be placed on a list with a minor description of them whilst the more important NPCs will be placed in the NPC Roster found below. If you are wanting to create an NPC or have an NPC posted on the list, please notify me.

For NPCs that require a character sheet, please use the sheet found in the prior tab.

Character Roster

• Name: Callie Wright
    Appearance:
    544edba7fdce3001dd1fb735199a5b27.jpg

I am your average American blonde. I have dazzling blue eyes and gorgeous golden locks. I wish I had perfect skin! Sadly my complexion is far from flawless, but I'll never let you see what I look like without makeup. I shudder just thinking about it! The rest of me is passable. I am curvy in the right places and I am tall enough. Well tall enough that most people assume I'm an actress or a model.

You don't need to be a model to have style! Few people acknowledge it though. It's sad that they prefer staring at my face rather than paying attention to what I wear. I mean, come on! Won't you be sad if I forget to compliment you today? Oh well! At least they smile back whenever I smile at them.

Ability: Matter Transmutation
    Level 1: Cal alters the structure of solids. Most of the time they become a soft, pliable substance. Heavier and denser objects take time to change. Her ability only works at touch-range.

Late Level 3: Light objects can be successfully transmuted. The new item would have the same density as the old one, e.g. producing an extremely large cotton ball from a bullet. Heavier, denser objects take a slightly shorter time to change, but they won't be fully transformed. The end result is often a soft, pliable substance with the colours of the intended object. Overall her ability is faster and her range has expanded. Her ability is most potent at touch-range.

Late Level 5: Now even medium weight objects can be transmuted successfully, but at a much slower rate compared to smaller objects. She may only be able to partially transform large heavy objects. It depends on the weight and density of the thing in question. For extremely heavy objects only the area within her touch-range is affected. By now her speed is such that small, less dense objects can be transformed almost instantaneously. Her range is approximately half of Jenna's effective range.

Ability Progress:

Level One: Light (Novice)

Level Three: Light (Intermediate), Medium (Novice)

Level Five: Light (Master), Medium (Intermediate), Heavy (Novice)
    • The objects she produces have the same relative density as the original.
    • Her speed is impacted by the number of objects she is focusing on. Even at Level 5 she struggles with three objects of any weight.
    • High densities will always affect her speed.
    • She can't seem to affect living material e.g. flesh. However at later levels, she can transmute dried hollow bones and wooden planks.
    • She can create more complex objects at later levels, but how well they function depends on her knowledge of the actual mechanism.

History

Cassonade posted on January 1 2014

As some of you may have guessed – I'm an air hostess! I have been working for American Airlines for the last three years, and I love every moment. The fun doesn't stop there. During my downtime I am freelance choreographer. I help people design new cheer routines and occasionally new dance routines. I doubt I want to be a full time choreographer. It's way too stressful! I just like talking to teenagers. I mean I was one till recently. Anyhow… I gotta run. Flying back to home in less than three hours. Gotta grab some candy on the way! xxx

The Day before the Bus Ride

Blonde hair fell over her eyes as Callie leaned forward. She counted silently under her breath as she held that position for several counts. She exhaled one final time before pulling up and lifted her arms into the air. Her legs drew together till she was sitting cross-legged with soles of both feet touching each other. She bent her right arm so that her hand reached slightly below her shoulder blades while her left hand held onto the elbow. She repeated the same movement with her left arm. Finally the young woman got up and walked over and held onto the handle of her cupboard door. She lifted her left leg up as her left hand grabbed onto her ankle.

"Cal! I'm going now. See you at dinner."

"Okay, Jan!" She yelled back to her twin as she relaxed.

Whistling quietly, Cal twisted back and forth, and then she held onto the railing and lifted her right leg. She released her leg and then jogged on the spot for several minutes. Satisfied she grabbed her sneakers and headed out the door. A couple of red and silver fringed pompoms rolled off the shoe rack, but she ignored them. She slammed the door after her. Five minutes later she dashed back and threw the door open. Shoots! Jan would flip if she noticed that. Cal quickly grabbed her half eaten packet of m&ms from her bedside table. Her eyes fell on her lemon yellow digital alarm clock. 7:45 am. Two hours before she has to leave home too. Taking public transport was gonna be a pain. Pfff! Jan had totally forgotten about her car. God damn it! Hopefully the sour-faced grump of a coach would love her proposed choreographed cheer routine! If all goes well she would be meeting the squad tomorrow afternoon to teach them their new routine.

Quotes

"Don't be shitting me now. Come on! Where's your fighting spirit?"

"Hey there, Georgie girl! Come give your big sis a hug!"

"Sugar cures everything. Throw away that Panadol and have skittles instead."

Played by Kumbaya

• Name: Christian "Chris" Tylers
    Appearance: Christian stands at 5'10" with electric blue eyes that are fogged over due to his blindness.
    portrait-of-a-handsome-twenty-year-old-man.jpg

Superpower
    Name of ability:
    Telekinesis
    Description: Christian can manipulate objects in physical space. At it's most advanced level only achievable by some test subjects this could extend to manipulating an object down to the subatomic level.
    Bear in mind that at each of these levels these are the abilities available not the ones that Christian has complete and utter control over.

Level 1 abilities:
    Spatial Sense: To "see" one's surroundings using telekinesis. This is is a great deal of help to Christian without the use of his eyes but it comes and goes, sometimes being very specific while at others being to vague to be of use or absent completely.
    Levitation: To lift an object, e.g. raising a pitcher several inches into the air.
    Maneuver: Alter an object's directional course, e.g. changing what number a dice lands on or deflect an opponent attack.
    Grip: Grasp an object firmly in place, e.g. hold back something thrown at the user
    Pull/Push: Pull objects towards the user or to push objects away from the user, e.g. yanking a book off a shelf or sliding a cup across a table.

Level 3 abilities:
    Ballistic Telekinesis: Where the user causes any nearby objects to be moved around the user at high speeds or to be propelled away from the user without conscious effort from the user of the power.
    Flight: Use telekinesis to fly. (Extremely taxing on the user and not effective as a means of transport, eg wouldn't rival those with flying ability)
    Choking: Strangle others from a distance.

Level 5 abilities:
    Force Fields: Condense the air around oneself in order to make protective shields, e.g. deflecting bullets.

Weakness/drawback: When using his abilities his other senses become sensitive, loud noises could shake his concentration causing his ability to stop working or go haywire.

History: Christian had a family once. A brother, sister, mother and father. No one could say his life was perfect but he didn't have it that bad, just another kid. That was until the car accident. Christian doesn't remember much of it. There was a Bryan Adams song playing on the radio and he was arguing with his brother Marcus over something trivial. There was a loud crash and the car crumpled sealing Christian in between the door and the front seat. It was agony, he couldn't see anything and there was something metal that had sliced into his leg. It was fifteen minutes before the paramedical showed up and another fifteen before they cut the car apart with the Jaws of Life and got Christian into an ambulance. He was sedated after that and when he woke up he was lying on a bed with metal handrails and uncomfortable sheets and he couldn't see anything. When the nurse realized that he was awake she told him that the crash had done some sever damage to Christian's optic nerve. There were a couple of procedures that could return his sight but they would have to wait a few months for the swelling to go down. Then Christian found out something that he never forgot. He was the lucky one. His father, brother and sister had all died instantly while his mother had flat lined after several hours in the ER. He was all alone. That was when he was seventeen. With no other family to speak of Christian was put into the foster care system. He spent his last two years of high school at a blind school learning brail and how to use a white cane. It was like he had to learn how to function all over again. Sometimes he felt like giving up. Was it really worth living like this? Then when it seemed like everything was lost Christian found his passion, music. He started to learn to play a variety of instruments including the piano, the guitar, the drums and the violin. When he turned eighteen and was to old to be in a foster home any more Christian moved into his own apartment. He began a small business teaching kids and adults to play on different instruments. At first people were hesitant to come to a blind man to learn something but eventually word spread about how good he was at it. Christian doesn't own a care, he can't really drive one after all and so he takes the bus to get anywhere he needs to go.

The day before the bus ride:
    Christian got up from his seat on the bus. It wasn't quite his stop yet but he liked to feel the forces of the bus buffeting him back and forth. He was of course used to it and held his balance with ease. "East Town Subway station." stated the clear voice of the buses automated announcement system. Christian didn't need to pull the cord. It was such a popular station that at least three other people would already have done it. Christian waited a couple of minutes before heading to the front of the bus. He liked to keep either ahead of or behind the crowd. It was enough that he could feel people staring at him, he didn't need people walking into him as well. The bus driver could see him standing at the rear of the bus; he'd have plenty of time to make his way off.

As Christian walked to the front he ran his hands along the headrests of each of the seats he past. Most of them were vacant by now. "Thanks for the ride." Christian said as he hopped from the bus stairs to the worn pavement. "No problem," the bus driver responded cheerfully "And if you need any help don't hesitate to ask one of the subway technicians or another bus driver. We're happy to help." "Thanks," Christian muttered as he disembarked. As helpful as the transit staff were Christian didn't like it when people talked to him like he needed help with every little thing. He was blind not stupid but most people didn't see the differenance. They saw his electric blue eyes, glassy and fogged and they all assumed that he need there help.

Christian reached up to the side of his backpack and unclipped the Long Cane that he used to detect objects in his path. There were several other types with varying lengths for different purposes but the one that Christian always kept with him was the most functional. The bus stop was Christian knew seven sidewalk slabs down from the subway system. Christian had taken to memorizing distances and times in order to get around because he didn't like to use any of the traditional tools most people associated with blind people. Christian didn't want a guide dog, he felt like that was saying look at me. He didn't wear shaded sun glasses, (though he didn't actually need those). And Christian only grudgingly used any sort of White Cane. He walked one, two, three, four, five, six, seven slabs. Christian turned immediately to his right and walked three steps. He was greeted with a whoosh of air as the stations automatic doors opened spilling conditioned air out onto the street. He smiled, it was always gratifying to do something so simple that everyone else took for granted without any help.

The topside of the station was quiet. Christian could hear a couple off in the corner arguing over transit times but other than that it didn't sound like there was anyone in the station. That was good. He didn't have a problem crowds. Most people got out of his way pretty quick but he could hear all of whispers from the people he passed. He didn't like it. The stairs he knew were eight steps in front then three to the left, there were thirteen of them leading down to the subway platform. He was just about to take that third step when he heard a voice from behind him. "Kid, kid, kids. What are ya doin'. Can't you see the stairs are wet? We just finished paving them." Christian let out a sigh before turning to the man whom he imagined to be wearing a hard hat and vest. As he turned he moved his Cane so that it was plainly visible. "Does it really look like I can see anything?" Christian asked the man with venom in his voice. Normally Christian was pleasant company but he absolutely hated it when people started a conversation with "Can you see". Off course he can't. It probably wasn't really fair to this construction worker. He was just doing his job.

"Sorry kid, I didn't know. The elevator is just over here if..." He trailed off not sure how Christian was going to follow him. Christian sighed again. "I can hear the sound of your work boots. Just walk me to the elevator." Christian imagined the man looking visibly uncomfortable but the steps started to move off to the side. Christian followed with ease moving his cane back and forth over the ground to make sure there was nothing in his way. Finally his can struck a wall with a metallic clang. The walls here were dry wall. This was the elevator. Christian paying no mind to the construction worker ran his hand over the wall till he found the down button. He pushed it and the door sung open with a sound. Christian walked inside and felt for the control panel. Each of the button numbers of inscribed with brail. Christian found the one that read B (Basement) and pressed it. The little metal box moved down slowly with many groans and clanks that Christian feared meant it would fall. Christian didn't like enclosed spaces. There was very little to feel and almost nothing to hear. It was the same reason he was afraid of water.

The doors finally slid open and Christian stepped out onto the platform. Moved his cane in front of him till it hit the bumpy yellow surface that marked the side of the platform. Here he waited. After five minutes Christian checked his watch. It wasn't anything fancy. The face flipped up to allow him to feel were the hands were and the cardinal numbers (12, 3, 6 , 9) Where marked with two dots while the others where marked with one. The train was five minutes late. He was going to be late for his lesson. Christian was a music teacher for a variety of different instruments that he loved to play and some of the people who hired him required that he go to there address to teach for whatever reason.

Finally off in the distance Christian heard the sound of the train tearing down the tunnel. Wind on the platform started to pick up and the train came into the station putting on the brakes at the last minute. When it had stopped Christian put his hand on the side of it and ran down till he found one of the doors. It was packed full but someone gave him there seat in the disabilities section. There weren't many perks to being blind but always getting a seat on public transit was one of them. The train took another ten minutes to get to his station. It was four stops away. When it stopped he used the wall of the station to help him get up the stairs and into the open sunlight. It felt good on his face. Like the station he'd gotten on at, the bus stop from right in front of the doors. After a bit of searching he found the poll and waited for the bus. It pulled up ten minutes later. He was defiantly late now. After confirming with the driver that he was on the right bus he showed the man his pass and used one of the polls running along the roof to guide him to the back where he took a seat.

Christian not for the first time in his life wished that he could see. The doctors had told him that there was almost no hope of his sight returning but still he dreamed about it. If only that crash hadn't taken everything away from him. Little did Christian know that another accident was about to give him exactly what he wanted. Just not in the way that he imagined it.

Played by Prince of Seraphs

• Name: Ester Analise Gardner
    Appearance:
    ciara-renee.jpg

Ester stands at a rough 5'4ft tall and weights 125lbs. She has long, brown hair the just reaches to the top of her waist, and has brown eyes. Esters usual attire would consist of jeans, a semi-formal shirt, shoes and horn rimmed glasses.

Superpower
    Name of ability:
    Cryokinetic freezing
    Description: Ester has the ability to lower the temperature enough to create a layering of ice that can spread. While not at affective as Cryokinesis, Freezing would still be proven tricky as an ability pitted against (If used correctly).

Level one abilities:
    -Basic freezing of liquids.
    -Be able to freeze objects in a rather thin layer of ice.
    -Freezing of humans IS possible but difficult.
    -Ice breath

Level three abilities:
    -Much more advanced freezing.
    -Granted to freeze over objects with a much sturdier layer of ice
    -Can freeze humans much more easily.
    -Cold Immunity

Level five abilities:
    -Granted better immunity over colder temperatures
    -Can turn specific body parts into condensed ice
    -Instant Freezing

Weakness/drawback:
    -If the temperature of an object or outside is above 35˚C freezing will not work as easily as it would
    -Those who wield Pyrokinetic abilties could be almost impossible to defeat
    -Heat based abilities in general

History: Born in the normal suburban life of Arizona, Ester Analise Garder's life was rather ordinary, and a little bit boring. Ester grew up with the usual things a child could want; Friends, Family, and A Social Life. Nothing ever really struck Ester as interesting. Growing up, Ester obeyed by the rules. She did was she thought was right for herself, her friends and other people. Ester thought that obeying the rules made her feel better, and that it made other people feel better. Family wise, Ester's family was plain and ordinary. A Mom, A dad, and A younger brother too order around. After graduating from High school, Ester applied for 10 universities in hopes of getting accepted. After being denied in 5 and whitelisted in 2, Ester decided to attend The University of Arizona for a degree in child psychology. After 4 years of University, Ester achieved her goal and received her degree. After one year of College life, Ester gained a job as a child psychologist at 23. Really she wants to see her patients be happy, and strives to help them to said happiness.

The day before the bus ride: 'You sure you can make a week without me?' Ester asked the child in front of her. 'Yeah...' The child replied, holding his hands together in his lap. 'You've worked with Alfie before, haven't you?' Ester asked. 'Yes Ma'am. I have...' The child replied. Ester smiled. 'Look at you Zach.' She said 'You really grown since I saw you for the first time. And I really do believe you can work with Alfie.' Ester quickly checked her watch. 'Well, that's the end of our appointment...' She said. 'I'll see you the week after. And please let me know how it goes.' Ester said, standing up. After the two parted ways, Ester made her way to her old car and quickly sat down, checking her mirrors. Ester started her engine of her old pick up truck and drove off from the school. Soon, Ester stopped at a red light, and sat backed... And started to ponder about her life. 'You should get a boyfriend...' Ester thought to herself, drumming her fingers against the steering wheel. 'John the Front desk guy's pretty cute...' She added 'But Lisa's prettier...' Ester chuckled a little bit and drove off as soon as the light turned green. (Hinting that she's a Bisexual/Possible Pansexual :D)

Played by ReganOs

• Current Name: Jack Skidder (?)
    Appearance: The character works out regularly enough to keep himself in shape. He's not buff, but he's not flabby, either, standing 6 feet tall

Superpower
    Name of ability: Third Option
    Description: In any system there are always binary decision points where taking one action causes specific negative effects, and taking an opposite action causes others. Third Option allows one to see where those negative effects can be lessened or eliminated. Or where they can be amplified.

Jack Skidder has the ability to "see" (more like "sense") the correct path to take based on intuition and informational input, but the sources of his information are not always clear. He perceives the ability as if looking into a spiderweb of possibilities and knowing which chord to pluck.

But in the back of his mind there's always the anxiety that he'll get it wrong. He knows he can't afford to, but he can't remember why....

(Each level of ability may manifest a different perceptual point of view, but what's most important in this ability are the downsides.

Level One: After using his ability, Jack suffers a mental blankout that lasts for a short number of seconds.

Level Three: The blanks become more like Swiss cheese to his perceptions, not just causing a general blank, but affecting vision, hearing, speech, movement, and/or other physical abilities in a random (and seemingly unpredictable) manner.

Level Five: Jack will be able to intuit information from multiple sources around him (like brief psychic flashes where he seems to be reading bits of everyone else's minds, but only tiny glimpses into others' thought processes - not telepathy), but he may cause some level of brief dysfunction in others.

As time goes on, Jack fears he may need to be isolated, and he is afraid he will have to spend most of his time alone.

We will find out that Jack has amnesia of a sort. All the memories are there, but they have been externally blocked. In high stress situations, he'll flash back and the memory will cause him to be indecisive, irrational, or just flat out wrong. He doesn't remember having amnesia. (No joke intended.) Things seem like they're going just fine. It's in some way like trying to remember what happened when one was drunk.

Character History/Beginning (Includes the day "before")

Combat had taught him to sleep lightly.

The nearby bushes brushed against some sort of body doing its best to sneak up on the foxhole where he and his buddy were dug in. They seemed to be laughing and he swore he could hear glass bottles clanking. He tried not to breathe, not only to feel invisible, but because the his uniform reeked of mold.

At the dusky edge of consciousness he heard a diesel engine's transmission ramping up in an effort to move some huge mass, likely a tank. And it was getting closer.

His brain screamed "DO SOMETHING".

The buddy he was sharing this pit with was asleep, and though he wanted to shake the man awake, his hands didn't move.

The truck/tank/whatever-it-was would be on top of them in seconds.

As desperation seized him, he realized he had a grenade in his hand, ready to lob at the oncoming monster. Suddenly, it was flying and exploded as it hit the vehicle.

He woke up.

Lying on the ground, trying not to focus on muscles that were cold and stiff—again--he looked up at the sky. His fuzzy brain slowly realized that he'd been woken by some sort of car crash.

Crumbling asphalt near a barely used dumpster wasn't the most comfortable mattress, and empty cardboard boxes didn't make the greatest pillows, but he'd slept worse places. He didn't get hassled much by the cops in this skid row alley he called "home". It gave him a chance to meet the homeless. Many were families who'd gotten booted when they missed a rent or mortgage payment. Some were mentally unstable, but beyond their Tourette's outbursts and a healthy dose of paranoia were generally harmless.

And there were a damn sight too many who were merely tossed aside after they went to serve with their Uncle Sam. Some had found home and gang life to be dead ends. Some believed the lies of glory until they encountered real bullets and "Stop Loss" protocols.

They'd gone from broken homes to broken promises. They'd been stripped of purpose. And now they didn't trust much of anyone.

But they trusted him.

He'd shown some how to stop feeling sorry for themselves and rebuild lives that had essentially imploded. He'd shown them how serving each other could help save them all. He'd built a tight knit group of people who looked out for each other and would one day breathe life again into their little corner of society.

He hoped.

And he hoped he'd never need to use them for an unspeakable end.

For now, though, he wasn't so worried.

Well, not about that.

He was more worried about the phone call he'd received yesterday.

Being somewhat traditional, he'd set his ringtone to a standard telephone ring. Many people were amused that his phone actually sounded like a phone, and not something from some noisy and untalented "music" hack.

"Hello," he'd said as he answered it.

The reply was three words he knew were coming, and wasn't sure he wanted to hear. "Pull the pin."

The connection ended and he hung up.

He'd been activated, and it gave him a feeling of anxiety, as though someone were slowly squeezing his stomach.

It wasn't himself he was worried about. It was his friend, Al, who slept only a few yards away on a slightly less crumbled piece of alley.

He'd moved swiftly, almost gliding, to the end of that alley and grabbed a copy of one of the free newspapers sheltered in an orange plastic bin. It was sitting just outside the liquor store.

He'd taken a deep breath and looked at the blinking OPEN sign. He wondered how Al would get along while he was gone. Alcohol gave Al some comfort from the demons that had infected him during his second tour. (Some people had called him Al Coholic. It was a cheap and adolescent joke. If only they'd known.)

Ambling back down the alley, he opened the paper to the section that had rooms for rent, and found the ad he was looking for:

Seeking single occupant for a room in a local cooperative.

Rent reasonable.

Call today.

DoD Property Management

He pulled his phone from one pocket and dialed the number. From another he pulled a pack of Marlboro 27s and a lighter and started to smoke.

"Hello?....Yes, I'm calling about the room....College age residents?....No, I don't mind that....No, I don't smoke (He flicked the cigarette away)....Tomorrow?...For dinner?....About 7? Sure I can make it. My schedule looks pretty open....OK....Yup....Yup....See you then....My name?"

He needed a name. Something regular....Joe? John? Too plain. How about....

"Jack"

And right in the middle of skid row....

"Jack Skidder....See you tomorrow."

And now that it had indeed become "tomorrow", he needed to make one more call.

Ring....Ring....Ring....Ri--"Charlie? I need your help."

Played by Jack Skidder

• Name: Jenna Baxter
    Appearance:
    f-ZUKrzN9WY.jpg

Jenna has an average build for someone that stands at a mere 5'1". Although one to wear cute attire, practicality and comfort is what is most important to her and is often found in jeans and simple shirt or a blouse with a matching pair of tennis shoes or flats.

Superpower
    Name of ability:
    Magnetic Manipulation
    Description: Jenna has the capabilities of moving and shaping metals that are able to be affected by magnets. Ever since the serum, a magnetic force has been created in her hands allowing to use her powers by pulling and pushing the metal she is concentrating on.

Level one abilities: Jenna is able to move small objects weighting at a max of ten pounds but any more than five pounds will require great focus and have the possibility of not working. She is able to alter and shape soft metals but causes a lot of strain and focus.

Level three abilities: Jenna can move metal up to half of what she can physically hold and able to alter the shape of soft metals at ease. She is able to alter denser and harder metals but without much success. Able to gain control over one of her weaknesses, Jenna can use her magnetism to willingly cause electronic disruption in objects such as surveillance cameras and the likes but only with direct physical contact.

Level five abilities: Jenna can move metal up to what she can physically hold and able to control up to two different objects (one for each hand) with ease. She can shape nearly any type of metal but is unable to change the given properties and traits of the metal she is manipulating. Her capability to cause electronic disruption has moved to a range of up to ten feet.

Weakness/drawback: Jenna is unable to use most technology until she is able to restrain her magnetic force while using the object and even then she has to keep a steady concentration to make sure she doesn't slip up. Strong magnets can interfere with her powers and is completely powerless against any metals not affected by magnets. Due to the magnetic force within her body, she is not able to absorb iron as well as normal people especially during prolonged use of her powers which causes anemia if she isn't watchful of her iron levels

History: Born and raised in central Florida, Jenna lived an average, upper middle class life with both her parents and a younger brother. Upon graduating from high school with decent grades, Jenna decided to move north to New York to experience life in the big city while in college, something she has been planning ever since she was young with her best friend. After spending two years living in a dorm and working at a coffee shop, Jenna moved into a small apartment a few miles away from the school and has been living there since. Enjoying life in New York, Jenna decided to stay instead of moving back to Florida. Although she hasn't found a job as a full-time teacher with her degree, she has been working as a substitute teacher for the last year with a promising chance of being a teacher next year after a recent interview.

The day before the bus ride: A small smile crept on Jenna's lips as she looked through the storefront window at the litter of puppies being displayed. Ever since she moved to New York, having a dog was one things she missed. The apartment she was living in had many strict rules and she often debated about moving out and living in a place which was more dog friendly but she knew that it would be unwise until she had a steady teaching job. As she normally was, Jenna was optimistic and had a good feeling that the interview she was in yesterday went well and that she would soon be on her way to fulfilling her goals.

With a small sigh, Jenna started to head down the street knowing that she didn't have much time to waste today. A small group of friends were meeting at her house in a few hours for dinner and she still didn't have the items necessary for dinner. "Crap." Jenna mumbled to herself as she reached in her pocket and realized that she forgot her shopping list at home. Mentally chastised herself for being so careless yet again, Jenna pulled her phone out to check the time. Frustration overwhelmed her as she shoved her phone back in her pocket knowing far too well that she wouldn't have enough time to run back home to get the list. Hoping that her memory is good enough to remember all that she needed, Jenna headed into the store and quickly grabbed the materials for the tacos her and her friends were going to eat before making her way to the checkout line, the worst part of shopping in her opinion. Waiting impatiently as the checkout, Jenna was glad when she was finally able to leave the store.

"Procrastinating again?" A familiar voice said in a jokingly as Jenna reached the street her apartment was on.

"Can it Emma or I won't procrastinate canning you." Jenna said with a slight smirk as she handed a few of her grocery bags to her friend. "You're a bit early aren't you?" Jenna said after unlocking and opening the door for Emma.

"Of course. I'm looking forward to eating on time this time around so I came to help you out." Emma jested as she placed the bags of groceries on Jenna's table. "I can start to cook the meat if you want to prepare everything else."

"You have to be kidding me!" Jenna exclaimed as dropped her groceries onto the table and rummaged through the bags.

"Forgot something?" Emma asked as she watched Jenna with folded arms.

"Yeah, I'm thinking we're going to have vegetarian tacos tonight. I forgot the meat."

Played by Kirra

• General Bio
    Name: Katsuro Nakamura
    Appearance: Katsuro is 5'9'' and weighs 165 pounds, with very little fat as a result of every day training. He has short black hair, dark brown eyes and enjoys wearing expensive, long-sleeved button-down shirts that he usually pairs with jeans.

28017-shawnyue-tt5x.jpg

Superpower
    Name of ability: Dynamic Camouflage
    Description: Allows the user to blend in with their immediate surroundings by mentally controlling the color pattern of their skin. Mastery of the ability will allow Katsuro to move in this state for great lengths of time, however the faster the movement and the longer the duration, the more energy and concentration is required.

Level one abilities: At level one, Katsuro has very little control over when his ability is activated. In fact, it won't have any chance of activating unless he has a rush of adrenaline. Once activated, the camouflage is imperfect in that the colors don't compensate for distance very well. The further away he is from the colors he is trying to blend into, the less convincing the camouflage. A close look at where he is standing can give him away. He cannot move at all if he wants to maintain the camouflage. Finally, the longest he can be blended-in without needing a break is one minute. Getting hit will break his camo immediately.

Level three abilities: At this stage, Katsuro has full control over when he goes into camo. He can move, though only at a walking pace, and can maintain camo for a maximum of five minutes before needing a short break. He can better compensate for distance, though still incapable of perfect camo. The imperfection of his camo can only be noticed under extreme scrutiny. A good punch will still break his camo.

Level five abilities: Once at level 5, his camo will be perfected to the point of appearing invisible, though perfect camo still impossible to achieve if moving any faster than a power walk. Regardless of perfection, Katsuro can remain in this state while sprinting at the cost of higher concentration and energy. The same goes for the duration and maintaining camo while withstanding strikes (though if he is withstanding strikes his location is probably already compromised).

Weakness/drawback: Katsuro's abilities are very limited at lower levels and even at mastery he can never hide the sounds he makes. Since, he cannot extend his abilities to his clothing; he must choose clothes that suit the colors he wants to mimic beforehand. He can always be a victim of imperfect camo even at level 5 depending on the speed he is moving at, the distance he is from the colors he is blending into and his level of concentration and energy (which will wane at high durations). Anything that can break his concentration or energy completely, even if for a moment, will totally break his camo.

History
    History: Katsuro was born in Japan, where his father heavily emphasized education, it's importance and how it will take him to the top of the social ladder if he was at the top of his classes. Although he consistently made the top five in terms of grades, his father was brutally obsessed with being at the very top and was disappointed in his son until the end where he died of cancer. Katsuro was 14 at the time and though he never felt love from his father, his disappointment affected him so much that after his death he contemplated suicide. His mother recognized his grief along with her own and decided to start again in America, where they moved less than a year later.

There was certainly significantly less stress put upon him without his father, but he still felt empty inside. He was topping his classes without trying, but he was bullied due to being an outcast in a predominantly white school. He stopped taking class seriously altogether and spent most of his time getting into fights, which led to him seeking out underground karate dojos, where training was rigorous and fights were fought until knockout. In the process, he had been hospitalized twice due to injuries. After the second hospitalization, she understood what he had been doing and pleaded for him to stop due to the danger, but he refused. As soon as he was okay the leave the hospital, she kicked him out of their home and left him on his own at the age of 20. From then on he made his living off the prize money of karate tournaments, both public and underground, along with womanizing rich women and sweet talking them into having him move in until he got bored of them.

"Why don't you get a steady job?" Katsuro heard her say from behind him. He was sitting on the queen-sized bed, having only gotten up twenty minutes ago and already finding himself in the middle of a discussion he didn't want to be having. He moved into the luxury apartment with the beautiful woman doing her hair behind him about two months ago. It was located on Fifth Avenue, with a great view of central park. Although born into a family with a sizable amount of money, she carved her path as a graphic designer for one of the city's most famous museums and was a performance artist herself. He found her performing in the park and managed to sneak his way in and close enough to say hi after she was done. It was a cake walk from there.

"You know I'm a fighter, Fae," he replied lazily as he got up from the bed and walked over to the closet to assess his limited collection of clothing. Which one do I want to leave with? He thought as he looked through them. He had been with Fae for a little over three months, which he considered to be a pretty good run. Usually he's only able to mooch for about month before they start prying into his means of making money and getting annoyed at the fact that he doesn't make as much as they'd like. In time the questioning becomes daily and the expectation to get a 'normal' and steady job becomes real. But Katsuro didn't want that. He liked living the way he did—day by day, never knowing what will happen tomorrow. He fought in the ring for a small sum and when he felt like living large for a little while, New York was packed with beautiful, rich women and all he has to do is get them to like him for a little while.

"But it's not like the prize money is that much and you don't always make first place."

"I consistently make top three," he quickly retorted.

"First place is where the money is."

He grimaced a little as he buttoned up his shirt. Dumb cunt who's lived with money her whole life is going to tell me where the money is, he thought. He looked at himself in the mirror after he put on a pair of dressy, black shoes and thought about where he would go to look for another woman. There's that new museum in Chelsea, he thought. Considering how long it had lasted with Fae, he figured digging around for another in the art department would be a good idea. "I know you like fighting, but there's just no money in it. I have nothing against it as a hobby…," he heard her continuing to ramble. "…and I know it's big part of your culture too." Rich white girls talking about my culture, he thought as he closed his eyes and rolled his them hard enough to feel like they were going to sink deeper into his skull. He put on some cologne. "I just can't be doing all the work. Do you want to make this work, Katsuro?" she always said his name in an accent that wasn't her own.

"No. I don't," he replied as he walked toward the door.

"What?" she asked in complete surprise, turning around for the first time to look at him directly. "Where are you..? You can't just…"

The sound of the door closing cut her off. Consistently make top three. For some reason his own words echoed in his head a little longer. Katsuro never knocked out when he lost public tournaments. It always dragged out for quite some time before finally coming to a judge's decision. 'His stamina and speed is remarkable,' he remembered the critique of one of his latest matches. 'But crucial kicks were missed, allowing for his opponent to get the upper hand where it should never have happened. It's like a tug of war. It's frustrating to watch him get the upper hand so often and just keep losing it. It's a very close call, but I have to give the win to…' Katsuro shook his head. He pulled out his iPhone and opened Google maps and typed in: W-H-I-T-N-E-Y-M-U-S-E-U-M

• Name:Maxim Emillianov (Called Max)
    Age: 33, well not quite, there are still a couple of months to go.
    Appearance:
    Max has one of those more or less average faces with dark hair and brown eyes you pass by everyday without having taken any specific notice of them and he has long taken no more effort to change this fact. He is about 186 cm (hails to the SI) tall – with the daily +/-2 cm fluctuations – and a good proportion of mass distributed all over. Should he wear a tight t-shirt or the occasional top-tank, one could see the relatively thick arms, which are due to the welding rather than real workout. He enjoys playing soccer, but as a fun game and not anything serious. As a native of the Karelian Ski resorts, he does enjoy this winter sport to great extents, but it has proven to be too costly in exile.

Superpower: Photonic Realization
    Basically, in the beginning it feels like Maxim's sense of sight has expanded to light (= electromagnetic waves) of all possible frequencies, making his brain take in input he could impossibly process, since he has now sensors seeing more than the (for humans) visible range of light. Then gradually, the massless corpuscles of light will be perceived the same way we perceive mass, in other words he would start to sense their interactions with other particles, and eventually be able to control or manipulate these interactions. This means above all a change in his visual apparatus, so that it is not so easily overloaded, meaning that he could for instance stare at the sun or right into a pointer laser.

Level one: He sees light, all of it; not only infrared and ultraviolet, but radiowaves, microwaves, x- and gammarays etc. It would of course take him time until he can make any sense out of it all, and find out about all the new colours he never knew existed.

Level three: He can see photonic interactions, be it the scattering of light, absorption, x-ray radiation or else, it all looks to him the way we see a bus driving off the station, rain drops bouncing off the ground, etc. If trained well, he would be able to gather immense amount of information about his surroundings at this point, like for example spectroscopic analysis.
    Remark: This is by no means like the other power, where one could see electromagnetic communications and decode them. When we see a torchlight, we could guess from what source it is coming and in which direction the source is found, but we can not say by how much Watt and what kind of bulb is producing the light.

Level five: Now it would not longer be about rays of light or waves, it is the point he starts to realize the light quanta, the photons. It is when the quantum logic becomes »apparent« to Max, the way we realize Newtonian mechanics. Among others, he will for example gain a sense of distance about stars, galaxies, galaxy clusters etc, since the Doppler effect and gravitational lensing will become part of processing his visual input.

Weakness/drawback: First of all, the amount of information his brain has to process all the time will take him long to get used to, and even after that, he'll need a great deal of education and some time again, until he knows what it is that he sees. His sense could also be blended by similar radiation, or even more intensive one of close enough frequencies.

History: Maxim was born in the Karelian Isthmus, in the urban region of Toksovo, close to Saint Petersburg, in Russia. Sometime in his school years he discovered painting as a hobby and sometime after highschool he found out about his best friend Viktor's sexual orientation, which grew to be a much bigger problem in Russia than the friends believed back in their late teenage years. This made Maxim become an LGBT activist, trying to secure a better future for Viktor and others, which led to him trying to portray the isolation, violence and fear they were put through in his paintings - still seeing them as a hobby and a means to let out the anger and the frustration though. With the attacks on homosexuals rising, he encouraged his best friend to leave the country – seeing no other short term solution to the rising violence –, and in order to further demonstrate his support he sought refuge together with Viktor. So they left Russia 3 years ago and have been in the States for the past two.

The day before the bus ride... was yet another exhibition he was practically forced to participate in. Not that Max detested the idea of his paintings finding an audience, but he preferred to go back to working as a professional welder – like back in Russia – than being dragged from an exhibition to another and from open debates to interviews on activism and homosexuality in Russia. It made him feel like an exhibition piece himself, something for »show and tell«. He was specially tired of his mediocre paintings receiving too much praise and people trying to interpret all sorts of philosophy or painting style he had never heard of. Sometimes people made him sick and sometimes he just wanted to live normally, and he wanted Viktor to live a normal life, too.

But for now he had to keep smiling, and entertaining people who made him feel tired, and angrier at the situation in Russia than he already was. The same old questions about the colours he used to emphasize certain lines, about the brutality of ignorance he had seen – in Russia, of course – about how he and his friend liked the US, or if they intended to get married – oh yes, most cases assumed he had to be gay to stand for gay rights. There were some who wanted to be nice and told him how much they just loved Russian accent, or tried saying a few words in Russian.

"You should really stay for the after party", said a woman in her fifties he was talking to with dreamy eyes and a smile which seemed to endlessly stretch over her face. "I would love to", he replied, using one of the most useful English phrases he had learned in the US, "but Viktor and I are starting this new project... with a couple of others... and it is a mess..." He tried his best at hand gestures while talking, in order to emphasize the necessity of him leaving for home. "Oh you've already made friends with other couples? That should be nice, maybe it'll make the both of you start to feel more welcome." Max just tried his dashing smile this time.

"It's just such a pity", said another one of the artists from the exhibition, a fashionable hipster about the same age as Max. Now he tried shrugging with the shoulders while closing his eyes for a split second and reopening them. "I guess it can't be helped... and we brought this really exquisite Vodka." And then there was that. He knew people meant well but the fact was that Max had never enjoyed drinking Vodka and ever since he had left Russia, the urge to not drink it had only grown stronger. "Next time", Max's answer came quickly, trying the dashing smile again, "I'll tell Viktor, as well," he said, thinking if he should have used »too« instead of »as well« also wondering if he had to explain that he meant telling Viktor about an after party or whether it was clear enough.
    "Well good luck with the new project then", said the hipster, giving him a generous hug, which confused him even more when he tried to reciprocate.
    "Thank you."
    "And let me know if you need connections to make it work out", offered the older woman as they kissed goodbye on the cheeks.
    "Thank you, and we'll sure ask you."

And so he left the gallery, not knowing whether to be disappointed or satisfied with his own work, or whether Viktor and he had gained something from all this, or rather suffered a great loss.

Played by Perry

• Name:Patrick Anderson
    Appearance: Pat stands at 5'10'' but is usually hunched over making him appear shorter. He weighs 150 pounds. He has deep wrinkles all over his face making him appear older than he actually is. His hear is a mix of gray and white and is kept quite short. He has a paler than normal skin tone. He commonly wears a sweater, usually of a darker color such as black, dark red, or dark green, with khakis, even in warm weather.

Superpower
    Name of ability:
    Pain Manipulation
    Description:Pat is able to cause any pain he feels to be felt by others. He can also (eventually) do this with other peoples pain as well. The pain is applied to the same part of the body Pat would feel it, so if Pat got shot in the arm, he could make other people feel as though they got shot in the arm. Range and efficiency or the ability increase with practice.

Level one abilities:Anyone within two or three feet of Pat will feel a lesser version of whatever pain he is feeling. This aura is uncontrollable and will only turn off if he is knocked unconscious, although with effort the radius can be reduced. With focus, he can make a single person feel an equal amount of pain he is currently feeling. At this level, the effect requires physical contact to have any real potency.

Level three abilities: Range is improved (although the effect is still severely weakened with distance) and the pain can be split among multiple people. Splitting also reduces efficiency significantly. Pat can turn the automatic pain aura off with little effort.

Level five abilities: Range and number of potential targets improved. (placeholder for something else)

Weakness/drawback: Until he gains true mastery of his power, it is fairly useless if he's not in any pain himself. It can not be used to kill in any way.

It is worth noting that there is a Pat's Power discussion on Titanpad that can be read if more info is needed. Some things still aren't finalized (such as what he gets (if anything) at level 5 but that's far enough away that it doesn't really matter)

History: Pat was a pretty average person in his early years. His parents were farmers and he lived in a rural community on the countryside. He was quiet and well behaved in school, earning above average but not stellar marks, and spent his free time helping out with the chores at home or playing outside with some of his friends. After high school, he decided to move to the city, hoping to find a better job than his small town could provide. Ironically, he ended up accidentally following in his father's footsteps by becoming a gardener for one of the parks in the city. The park was by far Pat's favorite part of the city, his rural origins causing him to vastly prefer the greens of the park to the greys of the urban landscape. The pay wasn't great, but it was enough to afford an apartment near his worksite as well as frequent nights out with some friends at the local bar. This continued for many years and Pat was content, if a little bit bored, with his lifestyle. Everything changed on the day of his first migraine.

It started out as a day like any other. Pat got out of bed, poured himself a bowl of cereal and sat down to watch the news on TV. After a few minutes of watching television he started to feel a headache coming on, but Pat just attributed it to still being sleepy after waking up and continued watching television. In a few more minutes, Pat had a throbbing headache. Thinking he had the flu, Pat got up to go phone in sick for work but at that moment the full force of the migraine struck. The searing pain he felt race through his head caused Pat's legs to give out as he collapsed back onto the couch. Pat lay curled up on the couch, his eyes squeezed shut, as he tried to weather the storm but the pain continued. After almost an hour like this Pat decided he needed to get medical attention. He slowly got to his feet and staggered out of his apartment, where a neighbour found him and immediately called the ambulance. When Pat finally got to the hospital, the doctors gave him some painkillers, which dulled the pain a little, and told him the migraine should be gone within an hour. When the pain persisted they said it should be gone within the next few hours, then they said is should be gone by the end of the day. Six days of puzzled doctors and restless sleep later, the pain had finally faded away. The doctors explained it away as a freak migraine and that he should be fine to go back to work. Pat went back to work happily, joking about the experience with his coworkers and thought that the worst was behind him. Until two weeks later he had another one.

After that, Pat's time was nearly equally split between sitting in his house with the blinds drawn closed trying to get some sleep during a migraine and bouncing from puzzled doctor to puzzled doctor trying to figure out what was wrong with him. Each of the doctors would give him some knew drug to try, but the general consensus was no one knew what was causing the migraines. Over time, Pat became more and more closed off from the outside world. Unable to work, Pat lived off disability checks from the government and spent much of his time reading in his home or just sitting in the park. He had to take an obscene amount of pills every day to try and keep his pain under control. While the drugs dulled the pain and allowed Pat to preform most task during a migraine, they were a long way off from stopping it. Pat got more and more distant from his friends, unable to spend the time and energy necessary to keep the relationships going.

TL;DR: Pat gets terrible migraines and no one knows why. This has lead him to live a very isolated life, with him spending most of his time in his apartment or at the park.

The day before the bus ride: Day two of the migraine. "Day two is always the worst." Pat thought to himself. In reality he thought this two himself the first day of the migraine and would likely tell himself this everyday until it ended. Pat knew all this, but somehow saying that the this day was the worst helped him carry on through the day, made him think it would be better soon. Pat slowly walked down the sidewalk, his hand in the pockets of his coat as he went along. It was ten in the morning and the streets were fairly quiet, or at least as quiet as they get in New York City. Loud noises increased the effects of a migraine, so traveling when there isn't much traffic became second nature for Pat. As Pat walked along, he could hear the rattle of the pill bottle in his pocket, shaking with every step he took. "A lot of help they are," Pat thought as the sound of a car driving by causes lances of pain to rush through his head. In his other pocket was the book he was currently reading, a fantasy novel almost a thousand pages long, a thin bookmark placed near the middle of it. The book was the reason for Pat's trek that morning as he planned to read it in the nearby park that he used to work at. The fresh air of the park always did more to help his migraine then pills ever did and the prospect of sitting down on a bench and continuing his novel was enough to get Pat to increase his pace. He was still in fairly good shape for his age, and his near daily trips to the library and park contributed greatly to that. "Yup, day two is the worst," Pat thought again as another car drove by him. Pat hurried along, desperate to lose himself in the quiet of the park and words of his book.

Played by dpickle

• Name: Samantha Cole
    Appearance:
    Upgrade_zps87c6f53f.jpg

Superpower
    Name of ability:
    Technomind
    Description: A Technomind, also known as a Technocrat, is a person endowed with an instinctual knowledge of technology. The exact function of this ability is theorized to be a form of psionic echolocation; specifically that a resonant telepathic pulse reflects differently from different components, making a complete map of any device possible in an instant. Combined with an instinct for form and function, this ability allows its user to instantly identify the purpose of any given device, as well as diagnose any potential problems or damage and formulate a repair strategy. It is simultaneously an ability to decipher technological components as well as an innate, natural knowledge of technological structures. It is not so much an inherent knowledge of existing technology as much as an instinct for the principles behind it.

The ability may be used at range, but with added difficulty. Direct physical contact is the most reliable method for use. There may be other related abilities, such as remote reading of computer files, but none are yet present in Samantha's case. In general, the ability represents an understanding of a given device, but it may grow to involve control over those devices as well. Such control would theoretically be achieved by supplying resonant psionic pulses to induce electronic current in a given device. Note that this will not work for anything purely mechanical; the devices must be controlled by way of electricity.

Level one abilities: Touch range identification of any device's function. The ability to diagnose malfunctions or damage and form repair strategies. Natural knowledge of which components can be used for any given purpose, which includes repurposing scrapped components or using devices in ways for which they were not designed. The beginnings of a skill with invention, granting her the ability to create new devices to serve a specific function (limited to devices which are slightly improved over existing technologies, i.e. modifying ballistics weapons to fire high-velocity ammunition). Invention of low-level defensive devices, such as Shock Gloves (explanation available).

Level three abilities: Ranged usage of Level One abilities, as well as some limited control over technological devices which have at least some form of electronic components. Manipulation occurs at touch range only, and is limited to a device's intended function (i.e. accessing computer files without using the keyboard or mouse, or activating/deactivating devices without using their controls). Elevated ability with invention and theoretical technology, granting greater range and function with new devices. Invention of the Shrieker, a sonic defense device capable of incapacitating normal humans with a frequency designed to disrupt audio/visual nerves, motor control and equilibrium.

Level five abilities: Ranged reading and manipulation of all technological devices which rely on electronic control, including the ability to overload devices with a psionic pulse. The ability to supply power to electronic devices via psionic energy transfer (the more complex the device, the more difficult this is to achieve). Theoretical technology becomes an integral part of the ability; every device is seen as a blank canvas, to be used in the creation of new devices. Invention of an electrostatic defense field technology, which serves as her primary method for participation in combat (can be explained in greater detail).

Weakness/drawback: The ability is primarily non-combative, essentially making her a normal human in any combat situation. In the absence of any specifically designed equipment, her ability will have no bearing on whether she can defeat an enemy. This ability also affects her mind, which is explained in her history section. Simply put, the ability causes her several psychological and social difficulties.

Additionally, the act of instantly absorbing all data associated with the form, function and purpose of a given device (even something as simple as a light bulb) is tremendously stressful. It amounts to volumes of information being suddenly and unapologetically shoved into her brain. Beginning at level 1, Sam has no defense against this "data overload", and will suffer severe backlash upon use of the power at full capacity. She also has no control over how fast the information is delivered until later levels. This will be alleviated over time, with practice and experience.

As she gains in power, Sam will be able to regulate the flow of data more effectively, but it is still a demanding task.

Also note that, although this ability will allow her to access or use devices, Upgrade cannot see or interpret any of the signals they send. She would be able to identify that a radio transmitter is capable of sending signals, for example, but could not intercept those signals with her ability.

History

Personality Profile (Included With Permission)
    Upgrade exhibits personality traits which may be most closely associated with social anxiety, paranoid delusion and detachment. She is unusually quiet, preferring only to speak when something of substance may be communicated. To that end, she may appear blunt or almost hostile to others. She is impatient, preferring expedience and efficiency over the niceties of polite conversation, thus is difficult to interact with on a social level. In general, she displays little patience for failure or incompetence, due in part to an inferiority complex which causes her to believe her accomplishments to be so basic -so general- as to be expected of others with little effort. This inaccurate self image may cause her to appear arrogant to others, especially when criticizing them for failure in an area in which she excels.

Trust is also a major issue for Upgrade, who appears to be on constant alert for treachery; even where there is none. This may point to some early trauma, but has not been confirmed due to her refusal to cooperate with psychological evaluation tests. Upgrade has a tendency to manipulate the results of such tests to create a confused psychological profile, apparently to dissuade further attempts to "figure her out".

She shows a brilliant mind, but a deep cruel streak which, if left unchecked, could corrupt her completely. Upgrade often enjoys weighing the risks of trust with those of treachery and has been known to be vindictive towards others she feels have betrayed her.

History: June 12, 2011, 11:14am
    I'll always remember the way my parents broke the news to me. It was different from their ordinary chastisements; different from their insistence that I keep away from their precious trinkets. They'd told me about a great opportunity. I didn't understand at the time, but they were about to expose me to the greatest push toward my talents that I would ever experience. They kept talking about cures and treatments, but no one ever really told me what I was being cured of.

May 10, 2012, 9:08am
    I remember the shrinks the most, honestly. While my parents' faces fade into the blur of memory and psyche, the shrinks are the faces I see; at least when I sleep. Dr. Couvaroubius is the most prominent. He tells me to let go of expectations, and to be true to myself. When I am, I get the treatments. This is how I learn that the doctor is a liar. When I see a dishonest person, it's his face I see.

October 17, 2012, 2:25pm
    I don't really hate this place. I felt out of place for the first few months, but as the time passed, I kind of accepted it. You always hear about how bad the food will be, and how horrible the nurses are. I don't think that's true. They're a bit preoccupied about games and group activities, but that's the worst of it. Well...until you consider the injections, that is. No one tells me what I'm being dosed with. I suspect it's something to subdue my mind. Everyone else seems so peaceful and happy after their medications...I wonder why I'm the only one to question it.

February 19, 2014, 4:02pm
    It's clear my parents aren't coming back for me. This is the third meeting they've missed. Maybe they have the money to keep me here, but they don't have the will to see what it's doing to me. I hear the screams of my dorm mates at night and I have to question why it's not me who's flailing against the restraints they use. My bed is bare, save for the sheets they give me. They tell me I'm a good girl, but no one will tell me what that means. I've seen three dorm mates vanish from our regular meetings. I wonder if they're cured or if something...else...has happened to them.

March 6, 2014, 11:36am
    The niceties of this place bedamned, I have to escape. It's clear to me that they'll never let me out of their own accord. They keep throwing terms at me, like "social miscreant" and "paranoid delusion", but they don't know. I've seen where the entrance is, and I've been exceptionally well-behaved. If my studies of human behavior progress, maybe I'll find a vulnerability in their system and escape.

April 5, 2014, 7:00pm
    The door is open. Every day, a man comes by the security checkpoint and tests the system. For thirty-two seconds, the system is offline. I know I can make it through if I distract them. I have resolved to give them something more interesting than myself to look at. Maybe they'll be too busy cleaning up to keep track of me.

The day before the bus ride: May second was like any other day for Samantha Cole. She woke when the morning announcements demanded it, showered and preened for the electric eye, and attended her first counseling meeting of the day. Oh, and she had her pills. She couldn't forget her pills.

That, as it turned out, was how she planned to escape this place. For weeks, she planned and plotted. She knew of a patient who would react badly to her medication. All she had to do was manage to save some and slip it to him unnoticed. The distraction it provided would give her cover to slip through the security checkpoint while it was down for testing. It all had to happen precisely the way she wanted it to, or she may never get another chance.

She practiced endlessly with a pebble she'd found in the yard. A crumpled paper cup served as her water prop. She would put her hand up to her mouth and let the pebble drop into her sleeve, then take the water and show the nice people how good she was at taking pills. It was difficult to get the pebble in the right place at first, but she eventually learned. With that part of the plan ironed out, she needed to work out a time and place to poison her target.

Poor Jason Reese ended up being her prime candidate. He was in for severe psychotic episodes, among other things. Sam resolved to slip him the drugs while they were eating. The resulting chaos would be enough to distract the facility's personnel while she made her escape.

Played by Trance

• General Bio
    Name: Thea 'Teddy' Palmer
    Appearance: 5'7", colourful clothes and animated expression.
    MV5BMTU5NTUxNTY0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU1MTY3OA._V1_SX214_CR00214317_AL_.jpg

Superpower
    Name of ability: Enhanced Visual Response
    Description: Teddy can process what she's seeing more readily than most humans. Her flicker fusion threshold is high enough that moving things don't blur as readily and she can focus faster on whatever she's looking at. The world seems slower to her than it does to everyone else, because she can keep track of faster objects.

Level one abilities: At this point, she has a flicker fusion threshold roughly 2x higher than most other humans. She can track thrown or falling objects further along in their trajectory without losing sight of them and observe more details from one blink to the next. Her eyes can adapt quickly to small changes in lighting, although extreme light/dark changes leave her peripheral vision compromised for several minutes. Any quick motion around her is more likely to distract her, and the flickering of old lights can give her a headache.
    Level three abilities: Augmented flicker fusion to roughly 3x that of other humans. She could keep track of a fruit fly if she wanted to… Her colour and depth perception are a little sharper during the day, but while she can see motion just as readily in the dark, she'll have a much harder time seeing anything staying still, even if she was just looking at it. The speed with which she is seeing and observing things is too fast for her to react to, and she would be slow by her standards. She'll still get headaches from most indoor lighting, unless it's very new, as it has a strobing effect, and any electrical screens, monitors(computers, phones) are harder to read. She also needs more food to keep her energy up, as the optical nerves and occipital lobe are using up more of it at a faster rate than her body is used to.
    Level five abilities: Her reflex arc is caught up with her perception of movement and she can now react in conjunction with her visual observations. In other words, her reaction time is significantly shorter. While her body still cannot move any faster than a regular human, the commands to move are processed faster. She also has less difficulty seeing in the dark, though it still isn't fully back to what it used to be.
    Weaknesses/Drawbacks:] She'll get headaches from most old indoor lighting and even using computers or ipads or iphones too much. Fast movements are distracting to her and the dimmer the lighting, the harder she finds it to make out details.

History
    History: Thea, she really does prefer Teddy, T-Bear if you want to get absolutely technical in your translation, grew up Deaf. She is proud of her heritage and of her parents' accomplishments and doesn't really see being deaf as a disability. She will acknowledge that it can be frustrating to be deaf in a hearing world, but sees no reason to think she's missing anything. Both of her parents are Deaf, most of her aunts and uncles and cousins are Deaf, many of her friends are Deaf. Her brother is only hard of hearing though, which he says is the worst of the deal, since he's neither nor. Needless to say, she's grown up in an environment where she wasn't the only one. So, she never really felt left out or different. Not to say that she's never had problems, or felt discriminated against, or been upset with someone else's opinion, family or otherwise, but for the most part, she's had a supportive and comfortable upbringing.

She went to a Deaf school during elementary, and took up gymnastics at her parents' urgings in the hopes that she wouldn't suffer her mother's dizzy spells. Or something. Actually, they might have been hoping that she'd just figure out how to keep her balance if she did wind up inheriting those, too. She's never been clear on the issue because it's been an age since they needed to explain it to her. She took to the sport like a fish to water and never looked back, so they didn't need any other reason to keep her in it. Brad, though most people call him Brat, took gymnastics for a little bit, though he prefers swimming these days. She did gymnastics all the way through middle school too, but her interest in it sort of petered out when her coach kept trying to get her to go farther in her competitions. She's a competitive girl when it means proving she can do it, but once she knows it's possible, she doesn't really see the point in putting herself through all that tension. She's recently begun taking up parkour instead. A different sort of athletic outlet…

After elementary, she did ask to switch into public school. That was her decision to experience the hearing world like other kids got to. She's never sure if she regrets it or not. She made new friends, definitely, but there's a big divide between what her parents see as acceptable, and what she thought was cool, and now she's got two different sets of friends she has to balance sometimes. She's grown up in a technological age where communicating isn't quite as difficult as it used to be. Her parents think she relies on her phone too much these days, they might be right, she's never apart from it, but she likes the equality of everyone texting everyone else. No middleman. They've gotten into fights about it, neither side entirely certain what they're advocating, whether or not her parents are trying to be traditional or just parents who don't want their kid spending all her time on her phone. And they aren't sure if she's using the phone as a crutch or just being the average teenager with her eyes glued to the screen. Brat just calls them all bonkers and doesn't get involved or someone might notice how often he's playing video games.

With only a month left before she graduates, Teddy's main focus recently has been studying and considering her options for the future. She's still not entirely certain what she wants to do, but she has a few ideas.
    The day before the bus ride: She had a song stuck in her head. Mostly just the rhythm, and she couldn't quite remember how the song went and it had been in her head all day. It was driving her mad. So, she was taking the chance while the bus carried her on her merry way to a friend's to see if she couldn't drum out the beat into something a little more recognisable than what her mind had already come up with. If worst came to worst, maybe Dana could help her, she remembered just enough of the words to maybe not be told that it was like a hundred other songs out there. Otherwise, she was doomed. Doooooomed.

Of course, having a song stuck in her head really wasn't the worst that could happen. She could have been all over bothered about getting a bad grade in her algebra test on Monday, and there was a good chance she might… She'd put off studying until this weekend and was putting it off again to spend Friday evening with Dana, who also, incidentally, was avoiding study. She felt a little guilty about it, but was hoping that they might get some review in while they entertained each other and maybe then she'd know just how screwed she was. So, yeah, focusing on that earworm was better than thinking about that. Right?

Drumming her fingers on her knees and surreptitiously signing the words one handed in what amounted to a whisper, she gave the woman across from her(who was looking rather confused by her antics) a sunny smile and carried right on trying to figure it out. She'd gone home after school to drop off her bag and grab her pjs, and toothbrush and let her parents know that she was hoping to sleep over. She had her phone if they wanted to text and yes, she'd leave it on and keep it to hand the whole time and if the plans changed she'd let them know, but otherwise they'd see her around noon tomorrow. They'd asked for Dana's number too, a precaution she'd been a little leery about, since Dana probably didn't want her parents texting her whenever they'd lost track of their kid. But it wasn't an unreasonable request, so she gave in after a moment more of thinking about it. They only wanted her safe. She… well, she liked being safe. No objections there.

When her stop came, she hopped off with a wave to the driver, even if he might not be able to see her through the crowded aisle, and skipped two steps down the sidewalk before jumping to swing on a tree branch up and over a very cracked paving stone and then jogging the half block to Dana's. Ringing the doorbell once she also knocked in case it wasn't working, then peeked through the window and waved at Dana's mum who let her in with a smile and pointed upstairs. She thanked her for the direction and then thumped her way up to Dana's bedroom door to tackle the girl with her song complaint and notion that they ought to go out running before dinner, because she wanted a right proper appetite to eat whatever it was her mum was cooking. It smelled good!

• Name: Vida Curacio

Appearance
    She only stands about 5'3 and weighting roughly 110lbs. It is common to see her with her hair unkept and clothes wrinkly with cat fur. Though her looks give off a homeless feel she makes sure to bath every day, sometimes.

IMAG0593.jpg
    IMAG0591.jpg
    0e2b8799-8f89-4b44-b8bd-e8b5011b45d7.jpg

Common clothes. Doesn't own anything fancy.

Superpower
    Name of ability:
    Rapid cell regeneration/degeneration
    Description: The ability to heal herself and others rapidly. She can cause cells to regenerate to the point they age and die, her only special way of killing someone.

Level one abilities: Heals self effortlessly. Has to rely on transfusions or injections to heal others at first, clumsy working on healing others through skin to skin contact. She has no control over her ability when her emotions run wild.

Level three abilities: Able to heal others without effort through skin to skin. Can improve the muscle tissue of others to make them stronger for a short time. Can cause peoples cells to break down or grow out of control, best imagine of this would be cases of Necrosis.

Level five abilities: Has full control over being able to heal anyone and can target certain areas for concentrated healing. Since her cells are constantly repairing themselves as they are damaged her aging has slowed. She can kill by touching someone's skin if needed by causing them to age rapidly. Aging process depends on age and health of person effected. An average adult would take up to 5 minutes to kill.

Note: Her fighting ability acts much like Apoptosis, but in an extreme state. The result of her attacking someone seems to cross over to Necrosis, which is cell death due to trauma.

6bc218e1-befe-465c-bf54-a3b1bcf2ede2.png

Weakness: Character is rather useless alone, mostly a support character. She won't die because of her healing, but she is easily contained and can be used as a living hospital if hooked up to a transfusion. Even though she heals fast she feels pain like a normal person and if the injury is server enough will lose consciousness. She also uses a lot of energy to heal herself and others, so she needs to consume a lot of food to replenish her supply.

Drawbacks: Causing someone else to age makes her own cells age at the contact point. Meaning her fingers or hands would wither with the person and decay. Depending on how far she goes with the aging progress she would have to recover or practically regrow her digits. Is very reserved about using this ability. Excessive use of healing caused her to become weak, such as she breaks down her fat reserves and muscles to use as fuel.

History
    She was a drop out college student going from part-time to part-time to make ends meet. Her only family that she had in the city was her two cats that she had brought with her when she moved out of her parents house claiming she could live out of her own.

Her standoff personality didn't win her any friends like she had hoped when she moved. Instead she had a simple plan everyday. Wake up, eat, feed the cats, go to work, come home, eat and sleep.

Added Note: Vida suffers from a type of personality disorder. She is friendly enough that at first people wonder why she doesn't have ANY friends. After spending more time with her people start to notice something is off about her.

....and by off I mean this Rabbit is crazy :bunny:

Day Before:
    "Vida wake up!" She heard her boss yell.

She had nodded off again that day, if this kept up she would be fired by the end of the week.

"I'm sorry.." She replied as she stood up from her slouched position against some boxes in the back.

"Sorry? You fell asleep when you had customers sitting in your section. They sat there for thirty minutes before someone complained that their waitress had disappeared!" He was furious with her. She could tell by the vein on his head that went *throb throb throb* with every word that he spoke. She stared at him as he yelled trying to think of what to say to him, but her head was blank. All she heard was his words echoing around. "Just go home." He finally said.

She didn't even bother to fight back. It was obvious that she should leave. If she stayed then even more mistakes would be made. "Yes, Sir."

Walking back to her apartment she reminded herself of all the hours that she had worked that day. She had pulled at double at her first job and worked only half a shift at her second. She counted about eighteen hours of work in one day. "I guess that was too much.." She grumbled to herself. She needed the extra money though to afford to buy herself some new shoes. The ones she was currently wearing were starting to get holes in the bottom.

Arriving at her apartment she opened the door and was instantly greeted by two cats that brushed against her legs and meowed for attention. "Hello Co-co Bear, Hello Baby." She greeted them with a yawn. Putting some food down for them she didn't even bother changing her clothes as she laid down in her bed. She reached over and set her alarm clock so that she wouldn't over sleep and pulled the covers over her head. One more day behind her.

Played by IzKripp

NPC Characters

[tabs]
[tab=TSP]

• Name: Annie Willis
    Appearance

pretty-asian-woman-using-laptop-computer.jpg

Information known so far of the character: Annie is the lead doctor for the TSP. She has a close relationship with the Bravos compared to most members of the TSP. Married weeks prior to the Reformers resurfacing to Aaron, Annie is now pregnant and has been doing the best she can keeping it a secret for as long as she can for the sake of her child.

Updated on 12/14/2014

• Name: Aaron Willis
    Appearance
    262264378270706330_vvxU6ZdD_c.jpg

Superpower: Pangolin Attributes
    Information known so far of the character: Aaron is one of the ten members of Gen Bravo and is married to Annie who is expecting a baby.

Updated on 12/14/2014

• Name: Ben Crane
    Appearance
    press14-2--3774883513615149044.jpg

Superpower: Empathy
    Information known so far of the character: For a person that can read the emotions of other people, he is quite levelheaded and seen as the unofficial leader out of the Gen. Bravos still left at the TSP. Out of Team Bravo he is closest to Tia whom the two have a sibling-like relationship with equal amount of caring and picking on each other for fun.

Updated on 12/14/2014

• Name: Lee Carter
    Appearance
    man-in-suit.jpg

Information known so far of the character: Carter is the team leader of those that are still a part of Team Bravo and is well liked and held with respect by the other members of the team although he is not a Super. Although Pearson and himself doesn't see eye to eye on many things, he is usually the one that can knock the most sense into him out of everyone in Team Bravo

Updated on 12/14/2014

• Name: Keith Sanders
    Appearance

Information known so far of the character: The right hand man of Pearson, Sanders is the person that is in charge of the soldiers in the TSP. Although harsh and not one that trusts Supers, he is very loyal to the cause.

Updated on 12/14

• Name: Tia Harris
    Appearance
    H2.PNG

Superpower: Electronic Communication
    Information known so far: The youngest member of Gen Bravo, Tia is usually seen as the spunky little sister from the broken family Team Bravo has built. She has a mild phobia towards large cities and if possible will avoid leaving TSP due to being overwhelmed by her power

Updated on 12/14/2014

• Name: Thomas Pearson
    Appearance
    businessman2.jpg

Information known so far of the character: One of the people greatly involved in the Sierra Project during it's infancy, Pearson is the one that took control of TSP once the serum got into the possession of the military.

Updated on 12/14/2014

• Name: Richard Scott
    Appearance

Information known so far of the character: Hired after the TSP was shut down, Richard worked with Carter keeping track of Team Bravo and the vials. Although he knows much about the TSP by being Carter's assistant, his relationship with the team is very scant since they've only recently met. Although young and inexperienced, Richard is a reliable man to Carter.

Updated on 5/3/2014

[/tab]
[tab=Reformers]

• Name: Cameron Myers
    Appearance
    Mens-red-hair.jpg

Superpower: Soon to be revealed
    Information known so far of the character: The leader of the Reformers, Cameron is the furthest form being the friendliest person out of the Gen. Bravos.

Updated on 12/14/2014

• Name: Daniel Gray
    Appearance
    04a8ee1793fb79148076020beda0af5a.jpg

Superpower: Power Amplifier
    Information known so far of the character: Often seen as someone that is calm and collect, he is often seen as being the opposite of Josiah. He is a wonderful tactician and will often use his intellect when possible instead of stirring up a fight.

Updated on 12/14/2014

• Name: Dr. James Wilson
    Appearance
    cast_rosen___CC___685x385.jpg

Superpower: Ability Replicator
    Information known so far of the character: As one of the last three remaining Gen Alphas as well as part of the original team of scientists working on the serum, Dr. Wilson is one of the few people that has been a part of the project ever since its beginning.

Updated on 12/14/2014

• Name: Garret Bell
    Appearance
    jackson-rathbone-nicola-peltz-paris-02.jpg

Superpower: Elasticity
    Information known so far of the character: Although Garret can be lacking when it comes to brains however more often than not his upbeat personality and his compassion makes up for this downfall. With ten people chosen specifically for their talents even to this day many of the Bravos wonder why he was chosen.

Updated on 12/14/2014

• Name: Josiah Park
    Appearance
    Kim_Sung_Soo_4.jpg

Superpower: Teleportation
    Information known so far of the character: Sarcastic and with very little patience with others, Josiah can be seen as someone that is a bit harsh, even towards Cameron. However his intentions are always for the team and is willing to go over and beyond his capabilities for their sake.

Updated on 12/14/2014

[/tab]

[tab=Others and Guest Characters]

• Name: Tatiana 'Tiana' MacEwen
    Appearance
    nm2062682.jpg

Information known so far of the character: A medical supplier for the Reformers and nurse Tatiana MacEwen is the girlfriend of Ester. A current medical student in medical chemistry, Tiana hopes her future endeavors will get her somewhere in the world of medicine. She hopes to later become an actual doctor and help those in need.

Owned by Regan
    Updated on: 9/12/2014

• Name: The Life Weaver
    Appearance: Unknown
    Information known so far of the character: A secretive man working alongside Cameron, the Life Weaver has the knowledge of working around Tia's power and is willing to do so at a price.

Updated on 12/14/2014

[/tab]
[tab=Minor Reoccurring NPCs]
Jake- No older than seventeen or eighteen, this teen is seen as the incompetent rookie of the gang JC runs. During chapter four he stole Sam's card worth $800 that led into the chase and eventual first battle the Charlies faced.

JC- In his early to mid twenties, JC runs a small gang with Jake and a handful of other people in the city near the TSP base. In chapter four he claims that he has friends in higher places but if this was just a threat or the truth is unknown at this point.
[/tab]
[/tabs]

Last edited by a moderator:
Story so Far

• The Week of Change
    Chapter starts here

After a six year long hiatus, the events that took place when the Sierra Project continues as Carter, the man in charge of Team Bravo (a team of Gen. Bravos working for the TSP) rallies up his team after the sudden disappearance of three of the ten remaining vials of the serum that is capable of giving abilities to about a quarter of the people that come in contact with it. With suspicion that the Reformers (former TSP members that left for their own unknown cause) is the cause of the sudden disappearance, Carter heads to the Rocky Mountains in search of Tia, a level four Super with the ability communicate with electronics. During his discussion with Tia it is noted that Pearson, the militaristic man in charge of the TSP doesn't know about the vials as of yet and that they must be found before something is done with them.

As this is going on, a scene is unfolding in New York City as Dr. Wilson, a Gen Alpha that was also one of the original scientists involved before the Sierra Project, boards a bus with the three stolen vials as he prepares to meet with Cameron, one of the Gen Bravos. However, his plans changes as the bus crashes into a FedEx truck and unknown to him and everyone else on the bus, one of the vials breaks and an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas is released into the bus and affects some of the people on the bus as well as a few that happened to be near the bus. During the chaos, Dr. Wilson slips away and makes his way towards a park where Cameron, the leader of the Reformers, is already waiting. However to both of their surprise, one of the vials is broken and knowing that there's going to be new Supers appearing, the two quickly devise a plan to find the new generation of Supers, Gen Charlie.

As the two groups rush to find the Gen Charlies, people throughout the city are noticing changes within themselves as the serum starts to take an effect. Symptoms start off with a migraine and is followed by flu-like aches throughout the body, giving the Charlies a restless night of sleep. With all prior symptoms and pain gone the next day, a new symptom starts to appear that is beyond any explanation as their powers start to awaken ranging from a bad case of sandy hands to suddenly healing from injuries to even causing others pain. Throughout the week, some brush off the incidences as nothing more than coincidences and try to keep a hold of their jobs or survive on the streets while others ponder the thought of conferring a doctor or even a priest while some even decide to step up and stop a robbery at a store or even try to take on the role as a vigilante. Unbeknownst to all of them, great change is about to occur in each of their lives as the TSP and the Reformers each start to get closer to finding all of the Gen Charlies.

As Tia and Carter as well as Richard, Carter's assistant reach the nearly empty Headquarters, the trio meet Aaron and Annie, the newly married level three Pangolin Super/head doctor couple and Ben, the level four Super with powers over emotion. During a meeting Tia set up, she reveals that Dr. Wilson was the one who took the three stolen vials of serum and during the crash he was spotted in through traffic cameras and with the suspicion that one of the vials were administered, finding the affected civilians is vital. However before they could get far in their meeting, Tia is interrupted by Pearson, who is quite pissed at the situation at hand which during his conversation reveals that the reason the last ten vials of the serum wasn't destroyed but due to known reasons. With permission to track down the Gen Charlies, the temporarily reformed Team Bravo quickly works together as Pearson gathers his team, bringing the Headquarters back to life.

Meanwhile Dr. Wilson and Cameron rejoin the other three Gen. Bravo Supers that make up the rest of the members of the Reformers. Josiah, the level four Supers with the ability to teleport is sent to work with Daniel, a level three Super with the ability to track and amplify a Super's ability, to find the missing Charlies while Garret, a level three Super with the ability to stretch his body works with Dr. Wilson on a future plan.

To be continued in chapter two...

• Within the Sandy Van and the Cell of Solitude
    Chapter starts here

Under construction: Will be up Monday or Tuesday

• Welcome to the Reformers
    Chapter starts here

Under construction: Will be up Monday or Tuesday

• Thief on the Loose
    Chapter starts here

Woohoo!

I'm done for the night but the IC should be up within the next few days.

I should be able to post my cs tonight, if I don't I will have it up in the morning for sure :)

Reactions: Rina
Name: Ester Julia Gardner
Appearance:
ciara-renee.jpg

Ester stands at a rough 5'8ft tall and weights 120lbs. She has long, brown curly hair the just reaches to the top of her waist, and has brown eyes and sandy skin. Esters usual attire would consist of jeans, a semi-formal shirt, shoes and horn rimmed glasses.
Superpower
Name of ability: Cryokinetic freezing
Description: Ester has the ability to lower the temperature enough to create a layering of ice that can spread. While not at affective as Cryokinesis, Freezing would still be proven tricky as an ability pitted against (If used correctly).
Level one abilities:
-Basic freezing of liquids.
-Be able to freeze objects in a rather thin layer of ice.
-Freezing of humans IS possible but difficult.
-Ice breath
Level three abilities:
-Much more advanced freezing.
-Granted to freeze over objects with a much sturdier layer of ice
-Can freeze humans much more easily.
-Cold Immunity
Level five abilities:
-Granted better immunity over colder temperatures
-Can turn specific body parts into condensed ice
-Instant Freezing
Weakness/drawback:
-If the temperature of an object or outside is above 35˚C freezing will not work as easily as it would
-Those who wield Pyrokinetic abilties could be almost impossible to defeat
-Heat based abilities in general
History: Born in the normal suburban life of Arizona, Ester Analise Garder's life was rather ordinary, and a little bit boring. Ester grew up with the usual things a child could want; Friends, Family, and A Social Life. Nothing ever really struck Ester as interesting. Growing up, Ester obeyed by the rules. She did was she thought was right for herself, her friends and other people. Ester thought that obeying the rules made her feel better, and that it made other people feel better. Family wise, Ester's family was plain and ordinary. A Mom, A dad, and A younger brother too order around. After graduating from High school, Ester applied for 10 universities in hopes of getting accepted. After being denied in 5 and whitelisted in 2, Ester decided to attend The University of Arizona for a degree in child psychology. After 4 years of University, Ester achieved her goal and received her degree. After one year of College life, Ester gained a job as a child psychologist at 23. Really she wants to see her patients be happy, and strives to help them to said happiness.
The day before the bus ride: 'You sure you can make a week without me?' Ester asked the child in front of her. 'Yeah...' The child replied, holding his hands together in his lap. 'You've worked with Alfie before, haven't you?' Ester asked. 'Yes Ma'am. I have...' The child replied. Ester smiled. 'Look at you Zach.' She said 'You really grown since I saw you for the first time. And I really do believe you can work with Alfie.' Ester quickly checked her watch. 'Well, that's the end of our appointment...' She said. 'I'll see you the week after. And please let me know how it goes.' Ester said, standing up. After the two parted ways, Ester made her way to her old car and quickly sat down, checking her mirrors. Ester started her engine of her old pick up truck and drove off from the school. Soon, Ester stopped at a red light, and sat backed... And started to ponder about her life. 'You should get a boyfriend...' Ester thought to herself, drumming her fingers against the steering wheel. 'John the Front desk guy's pretty cute...' She added 'But Lisa's prettier...' Ester chuckled a little bit and drove off as soon as the light turned green. (Hinting that she's a Bisexual/Possible Pansexual :D)

Tadaaa! I cleaned her up quite a bit and added and took out some things. Made her a little bit younger.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
General Bio
Name:Patrick Anderson
Appearance: Pat stands at 5'10'' but is usually hunched over making him appear shorter. He weighs 150 pounds. He has deep wrinkles all over his face making him appear older than he actually is. His hear is a mix of gray and white and is kept quite short. He has a paler than normal skin tone. He commonly wears a sweater, usually of a darker color such as black, dark red, or dark green, with khakis, even in warm weather.

Superpower
Name of ability:Pain Manipulation
Description:Pat is able to cause any pain he feels to be felt by others. He can also (eventually) do this with other peoples pain as well. The pain is applied to the same part of the body Pat would feel it, so if Pat got shot in the arm, he could make other people feel as though they got shot in the arm. Range and efficiency or the ability increase with practice.
Level one abilities:Anyone within two or three feet of Pat will feel a lesser version of whatever pain he is feeling. This aura is uncontrollable and will only turn off if he is knocked unconscious, although with effort the radius can be reduced. With focus, he can make a single person feel an equal amount of pain he is currently feeling. At this level, the effect requires physical contact to have any real potency.
Level three abilities: Range is improved (although the effect is still severely weakened with distance) and the pain can be split among multiple people. Splitting also reduces efficiency significantly. Pat can turn the automatic pain aura off with little effort.
Level five abilities: Range and number of potential targets improved. (placeholder for something else)
Weakness/drawback: Until he gains true mastery of his power, it is fairly useless if he's not in any pain himself. It can not be used to kill in any way.

It is worth noting that there is a Pat's Power discussion on Titanpad that can be read if more info is needed. Some things still aren't finalized (such as what he gets (if anything) at level 5 but that's far enough away that it doesn't really matter)

History
History: Pat was a pretty average person in his early years. His parents were farmers and he lived in a rural community on the countryside. He was quiet and well behaved in school, earning above average but not stellar marks, and spent his free time helping out with the chores at home or playing outside with some of his friends. After high school, he decided to move to the city, hoping to find a better job than his small town could provide. Ironically, he ended up accidentally following in his father's footsteps by becoming a gardener for one of the parks in the city. The park was by far Pat's favorite part of the city, his rural origins causing him to vastly prefer the greens of the park to the greys of the urban landscape. The pay wasn't great, but it was enough to afford an apartment near his worksite as well as frequent nights out with some friends at the local bar. This continued for many years and Pat was content, if a little bit bored, with his lifestyle. Everything changed on the day of his first migraine.

It started out as a day like any other. Pat got out of bed, poured himself a bowl of cereal and sat down to watch the news on TV. After a few minutes of watching television he started to feel a headache coming on, but Pat just attributed it to still being sleepy after waking up and continued watching television. In a few more minutes, Pat had a throbbing headache. Thinking he had the flu, Pat got up to go phone in sick for work but at that moment the full force of the migraine struck. The searing pain he felt race through his head caused Pat's legs to give out as he collapsed back onto the couch. Pat lay curled up on the couch, his eyes squeezed shut, as he tried to weather the storm but the pain continued. After almost an hour like this Pat decided he needed to get medical attention. He slowly got to his feet and staggered out of his apartment, where a neighbour found him and immediately called the ambulance. When Pat finally got to the hospital, the doctors gave him some painkillers, which dulled the pain a little, and told him the migraine should be gone within an hour. When the pain persisted they said it should be gone within the next few hours, then they said is should be gone by the end of the day. Six days of puzzled doctors and restless sleep later, the pain had finally faded away. The doctors explained it away as a freak migraine and that he should be fine to go back to work. Pat went back to work happily, joking about the experience with his coworkers and thought that the worst was behind him. Until two weeks later he had another one.

After that, Pat's time was nearly equally split between sitting in his house with the blinds drawn closed trying to get some sleep during a migraine and bouncing from puzzled doctor to puzzled doctor trying to figure out what was wrong with him. Each of the doctors would give him some knew drug to try, but the general consensus was no one knew what was causing the migraines. Over time, Pat became more and more closed off from the outside world. Unable to work, Pat lived off disability checks from the government and spent much of his time reading in his home or just sitting in the park. He had to take an obscene amount of pills every day to try and keep his pain under control. While the drugs dulled the pain and allowed Pat to preform most task during a migraine, they were a long way off from stopping it. Pat got more and more distant from his friends, unable to spend the time and energy necessary to keep the relationships going.

TL;DR: Pat gets terrible migraines and no one knows why. This has lead him to live a very isolated life, with him spending most of his time in his apartment or at the park.

The day before the bus ride: Day two of the migraine. "Day two is always the worst." Pat thought to himself. In reality he thought this two himself the first day of the migraine and would likely tell himself this everyday until it ended. Pat knew all this, but somehow saying that the this day was the worst helped him carry on through the day, made him think it would be better soon. Pat slowly walked down the sidewalk, his hand in the pockets of his coat as he went along. It was ten in the morning and the streets were fairly quiet, or at least as quiet as they get in New York City. Loud noises increased the effects of a migraine, so traveling when there isn't much traffic became second nature for Pat. As Pat walked along, he could hear the rattle of the pill bottle in his pocket, shaking with every step he took. "A lot of help they are," Pat thought as the sound of a car driving by causes lances of pain to rush through his head. In his other pocket was the book he was currently reading, a fantasy novel almost a thousand pages long, a thin bookmark placed near the middle of it. The book was the reason for Pat's trek that morning as he planned to read it in the nearby park that he used to work at. The fresh air of the park always did more to help his migraine then pills ever did and the prospect of sitting down on a bench and continuing his novel was enough to get Pat to increase his pace. He was still in fairly good shape for his age, and his near daily trips to the library and park contributed greatly to that. "Yup, day two is the worst," Pat thought again as another car drove by him. Pat hurried along, desperate to lose himself in the quiet of the park and words of his book.

• Thank You
Will resubmit when time allows. Right now I'm nursing a gigantic headache, and such activities are not typically helped by gigantic headaches.

Glad to see the thread is up again. It will be nice to actually be able to log in and post.

[BCOLOR=transparent]General Bio [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Vida Curacio[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 25[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Female[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She only stands about 5'3 and weighting roughly 110lbs. It is common to see her with her hair unkept and clothes wrinkly with cat fur. Though her looks give off a homeless feel she makes sure to bath every day, sometimes. [/BCOLOR]

IMAG0593.jpg
IMAG0591.jpg
0e2b8799-8f89-4b44-b8bd-e8b5011b45d7.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Common clothes. Doesn't own anything fancy. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Superpower [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name of ability: Rapid cell regeneration/degeneration[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Description: The ability to heal herself and others rapidly. She can cause cells to regenerate to the point they age and die, her only special way of killing someone.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Level one abilities: Heals self effortlessly. Has to rely on transfusions or injections to heal others at first, clumsy working on healing others through skin to skin contact. She has no control over her ability when her emotions run wild. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Level three abilities: Able to heal others without effort through skin to skin. Can improve the muscle tissue of others to make them stronger for a short time. Can cause peoples cells to break down or grow out of control, best imagine of this would be cases of Necrosis.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Level five abilities: Has full control over being able to heal anyone and can target certain areas for concentrated healing. Since her cells are constantly repairing themselves as they are damaged her aging has slowed. She can kill by touching someone's skin if needed by causing them to age rapidly. Aging process depends on age and health of person effected. An average adult would take up to 5 minutes to kill. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Note: Her fighting ability acts much like Apoptosis, but in an extreme state. The result of her attacking someone seems to cross over to Necrosis, which is cell death due to trauma. [/BCOLOR]

6bc218e1-befe-465c-bf54-a3b1bcf2ede2.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weakness: Character is rather useless alone, mostly a support character. She won't die because of her healing, but she is easily contained and can be used as a living hospital if hooked up to a transfusion. Even though she heals fast she feels pain like a normal person and if the injury is server enough will lose consciousness. She also uses a lot of energy to heal herself and others, so she needs to consume a lot of food to replenish her supply.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Drawbacks: Causing someone else to age makes her own cells age at the contact point. Meaning her fingers or hands would wither with the person and decay. Depending on how far she goes with the aging progress she would have to recover or practically regrow her digits. Is very reserved about using this ability. Excessive use of healing caused her to become weak, such as she breaks down her fat reserves and muscles to use as fuel.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She was a drop out college student going from part-time to part-time to make ends meet. Her only family that she had in the city was her two cats that she had brought with her when she moved out of her parents house claiming she could live out of her own.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her standoff personality didn't win her any friends like she had hoped when she moved. Instead she had a simple plan everyday. Wake up, eat, feed the cats, go to work, come home, eat and sleep.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Added Note: Vida suffers from a type of personality disorder. She is friendly enough that at first people wonder why she doesn't have ANY friends. After spending more time with her people start to notice something is off about her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]....and by off I mean this Rabbit is crazy :bunny:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Day Before[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Vida wake up!" She heard her boss yell. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She had nodded off again that day, if this kept up she would be fired by the end of the week. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm sorry.." She replied as she stood up from her slouched position against some boxes in the back. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry? You fell asleep when you had customers sitting in your section. They sat there for thirty minutes before someone complained that their waitress had disappeared!" He was furious with her. She could tell by the vein on his head that went *throb throb throb* with every word that he spoke. She stared at him as he yelled trying to think of what to say to him, but her head was blank. All she heard was his words echoing around. "Just go home." He finally said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She didn't even bother to fight back. It was obvious that she should leave. If she stayed then even more mistakes would be made. "Yes, Sir." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Walking back to her apartment she reminded herself of all the hours that she had worked that day. She had pulled at double at her first job and worked only half a shift at her second. She counted about eighteen hours of work in one day. "I guess that was too much.." She grumbled to herself. She needed the extra money though to afford to buy herself some new shoes. The ones she was currently wearing were starting to get holes in the bottom. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Arriving at her apartment she opened the door and was instantly greeted by two cats that brushed against her legs and meowed for attention. "Hello Co-co Bear, Hello Baby." She greeted them with a yawn. Putting some food down for them she didn't even bother changing her clothes as she laid down in her bed. She reached over and set her alarm clock so that she wouldn't over sleep and pulled the covers over her head. One more day behind her.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Name: Christian "Chris" Tylers

Appearance: Christian stands at 5'10" with electric blue eyes that are fogged over due to his blindness.
portrait-of-a-handsome-twenty-year-old-man.jpg

History: Christian had a family once. A brother, sister, mother and father. No one could say his life was perfect but he didn't have it that bad, just another kid. That was until the car accident. Christian doesn't remember much of it. There was a Bryan Adams song playing on the radio and he was arguing with his brother Marcus over something trivial. There was a loud crash and the car crumpled sealing Christian in between the door and the front seat. It was agony, he couldn't see anything and there was something metal that had sliced into his leg. It was fifteen minutes before the paramedical showed up and another fifteen before they cut the car apart with the Jaws of Life and got Christian into an ambulance. He was sedated after that and when he woke up he was lying on a bed with metal handrails and uncomfortable sheets and he couldn't see anything. When the nurse realized that he was awake she told him that the crash had done some sever damage to Christian's optic nerve. There were a couple of procedures that could return his sight but they would have to wait a few months for the swelling to go down. Then Christian found out something that he never forgot. He was the lucky one. His father, brother and sister had all died instantly while his mother had flat lined after several hours in the ER. He was all alone. That was when he was seventeen. With no other family to speak of Christian was put into the foster care system. He spent his last two years of high school at a blind school learning brail and how to use a white cane. It was like he had to learn how to function all over again. Sometimes he felt like giving up. Was it really worth living like this? Then when it seemed like everything was lost Christian found his passion, music. He started to learn to play a variety of instruments including the piano, the guitar, the drums and the violin. When he turned eighteen and was to old to be in a foster home any more Christian moved into his own apartment. He began a small business teaching kids and adults to play on different instruments. At first people were hesitant to come to a blind man to learn something but eventually word spread about how good he was at it. Christian doesn't own a care, he can't really drive one after all and so he takes the bus to get anywhere he needs to go.

Christian got up from his seat on the bus. It wasn't quite his stop yet but he liked to feel the forces of the bus buffeting him back and forth. He was of course used to it and held his balance with ease. "East Town Subway station." stated the clear voice of the buses automated announcement system. Christian didn't need to pull the cord. It was such a popular station that at least three other people would already have done it. Christian waited a couple of minutes before heading to the front of the bus. He liked to keep either ahead of or behind the crowd. It was enough that he could feel people staring at him, he didn't need people walking into him as well. The bus driver could see him standing at the rear of the bus; he'd have plenty of time to make his way off.

As Christian walked to the front he ran his hands along the headrests of each of the seats he past. Most of them were vacant by now. "Thanks for the ride." Christian said as he hopped from the bus stairs to the worn pavement. "No problem," the bus driver responded cheerfully "And if you need any help don't hesitate to ask one of the subway technicians or another bus driver. We're happy to help." "Thanks," Christian muttered as he disembarked. As helpful as the transit staff were Christian didn't like it when people talked to him like he needed help with every little thing. He was blind not stupid but most people didn't see the differenance. They saw his electric blue eyes, glassy and fogged and they all assumed that he need there help.

Christian reached up to the side of his backpack and unclipped the Long Cane that he used to detect objects in his path. There were several other types with varying lengths for different purposes but the one that Christian always kept with him was the most functional. The bus stop was Christian knew seven sidewalk slabs down from the subway system. Christian had taken to memorizing distances and times in order to get around because he didn't like to use any of the traditional tools most people associated with blind people. Christian didn't want a guide dog, he felt like that was saying look at me. He didn't wear shaded sun glasses, (though he didn't actually need those). And Christian only grudgingly used any sort of White Cane. He walked one, two, three, four, five, six, seven slabs. Christian turned immediately to his right and walked three steps. He was greeted with a whoosh of air as the stations automatic doors opened spilling conditioned air out onto the street. He smiled, it was always gratifying to do something so simple that everyone else took for granted without any help.

The topside of the station was quiet. Christian could hear a couple off in the corner arguing over transit times but other than that it didn't sound like there was anyone in the station. That was good. He didn't have a problem crowds. Most people got out of his way pretty quick but he could hear all of whispers from the people he passed. He didn't like it. The stairs he knew were eight steps in front then three to the left, there were thirteen of them leading down to the subway platform. He was just about to take that third step when he heard a voice from behind him. "Kid, kid, kids. What are ya doin'. Can't you see the stairs are wet? We just finished paving them." Christian let out a sigh before turning to the man whom he imagined to be wearing a hard hat and vest. As he turned he moved his Cane so that it was plainly visible. "Does it really look like I can see anything?" Christian asked the man with venom in his voice. Normally Christian was pleasant company but he absolutely hated it when people started a conversation with "Can you see". Off course he can't. It probably wasn't really fair to this construction worker. He was just doing his job.

"Sorry kid, I didn't know. The elevator is just over here if..." He trailed off not sure how Christian was going to follow him. Christian sighed again. "I can hear the sound of your work boots. Just walk me to the elevator." Christian imagined the man looking visibly uncomfortable but the steps started to move off to the side. Christian followed with ease moving his cane back and forth over the ground to make sure there was nothing in his way. Finally his can struck a wall with a metallic clang. The walls here were dry wall. This was the elevator. Christian paying no mind to the construction worker ran his hand over the wall till he found the down button. He pushed it and the door sung open with a sound. Christian walked inside and felt for the control panel. Each of the button numbers of inscribed with brail. Christian found the one that read B (Basement) and pressed it. The little metal box moved down slowly with many groans and clanks that Christian feared meant it would fall. Christian didn't like enclosed spaces. There was very little to feel and almost nothing to hear. It was the same reason he was afraid of water.

The doors finally slid open and Christian stepped out onto the platform. Moved his cane in front of him till it hit the bumpy yellow surface that marked the side of the platform. Here he waited. After five minutes Christian checked his watch. It wasn't anything fancy. The face flipped up to allow him to feel were the hands were and the cardinal numbers (12, 3, 6 , 9) Where marked with two dots while the others where marked with one. The train was five minutes late. He was going to be late for his lesson. Christian was a music teacher for a variety of different instruments that he loved to play and some of the people who hired him required that he go to there address to teach for whatever reason.

Finally off in the distance Christian heard the sound of the train tearing down the tunnel. Wind on the platform started to pick up and the train came into the station putting on the brakes at the last minute. When it had stopped Christian put his hand on the side of it and ran down till he found one of the doors. It was packed full but someone gave him there seat in the disabilities section. There weren't many perks to being blind but always getting a seat on public transit was one of them. The train took another ten minutes to get to his station. It was four stops away. When it stopped he used the wall of the station to help him get up the stairs and into the open sunlight. It felt good on his face. Like the station he'd gotten on at, the bus stop from right in front of the doors. After a bit of searching he found the poll and waited for the bus. It pulled up ten minutes later. He was defiantly late now. After confirming with the driver that he was on the right bus he showed the man his pass and used one of the polls running along the roof to guide him to the back where he took a seat.

Christian not for the first time in his life wished that he could see. The doctors had told him that there was almost no hope of his sight returning but still he dreamed about it. If only that crash hadn't taken everything away from him. Little did Christian know that another accident was about to give him exactly what he wanted. Just not in the way that he imagined it.

Superpower
Name of ability: Telekinesis
Description: Christian can manipulate objects in physical space. At it's most advanced level only achievable by some test subjects this could extend to manipulating an object down to the subatomic level.
Bear in mind that at each of these levels these are the abilities available not the ones that Christian has complete and utter control over.

Level 1 abilities:
Spatial Sense: To "see" one's surroundings using telekinesis. This is is a great deal of help to Christian without the use of his eyes but it comes and goes, sometimes being very specific while at others being to vague to be of use or absent completely.
Levitation: To lift an object, e.g. raising a pitcher several inches into the air.
Maneuver: Alter an object's directional course, e.g. changing what number a dice lands on or deflect an opponent attack.
Grip: Grasp an object firmly in place, e.g. hold back something thrown at the user
Pull/Push: Pull objects towards the user or to push objects away from the user, e.g. yanking a book off a shelf or sliding a cup across a table.

Level 3 abilities:
Ballistic Telekinesis: Where the user causes any nearby objects to be moved around the user at high speeds or to be propelled away from the user without conscious effort from the user of the power.
Flight: Use telekinesis to fly. (Extremely taxing on the user and not effective as a means of transport, eg wouldn't rival those with flying ability)
Choking: Strangle others from a distance.

Level 5 abilities:
Force Fields: Condense the air around oneself in order to make protective shields, e.g. deflecting bullets.
Weakness/drawback: When using his abilities his other senses become sensitive, loud noises could shake his concentration causing his ability to stop working or go haywire.

• Thank You
So are we just going from where we were in the story on RP Guild?

I think so.

Anyone know how I'm supposed to retrieve my character sheet? RPG has been inaccessible to me.

Oh! I got mine from one of the links that Kirra gave on skype. She has them saved to a document that she sent out.

Yes, we are starting where we left off. For reference I've added all the posts from this chapter(starting when the thief took Sam's card).

All character sheets, vital ooc information, IC posts (although the Google drive is only on the current chapter since I need to clean up the whole roleplay so that its easy to read) are backed up. The link can be found on titanpad

Wraith (... or Weaver, I'll stick with Wraith it's familiar) it's your turn to post.

Speaking of character sheets, for those who haven't gotten their sheet up yet please try and get it up sometime soon. I am slacking off a bit as well but with people potentially joining us int he future it would be good for them to have a reference to go off of concerning powers. With free time in the evening after holiday festivities, I should have it done.

As things start dwindling down with the group dealing with the gang, feel free to use the NPCs as necessary and push the plot forward but before we open the door and catch up to the thief lets make sure we cover all our bases by making sure all the gang members are dealt with as needed, the characters that need tending/talking/questioning their location (especially since Sam and Christian never caught up with the group) has been done before anyone barges into the building. However at this point I think we will be ready to move forward very soon especially if everyone works together to push things forwards.

Basic Bio, Deepskyblue
Name: Callie Wright
Power: Matter Transmutation
Allegiance: ???

Callie Wright, Lightskyblue

• I am your average American blonde. I have dazzling blue eyes and gorgeous golden locks. I wish I had perfect skin! Sadly my complexion is far from flawless, but I'll never let you see what I look like without makeup. I shudder just thinking about it! The rest of me is passable. I am curvy in the right places and I am tall enough. Well tall enough that most people assume I'm an actress or a model.

You don't need to be a model to have style! Few people acknowledge it though. It's sad that they prefer staring at my face rather than paying attention to what I wear. I mean, come on! Won't you be sad if I forget to compliment you today? Oh well! At least they smile back whenever I smile at them.

• Level 1: Cal alters the structure of solids. Most of the time they become a soft, pliable substance. Heavier and denser objects take time to change. Her ability only works at touch-range.

Late Level 3: Light objects can be successfully transmuted. The new item would have the same density as the old one, e.g. producing an extremely large cotton ball from a bullet. Heavier, denser objects take a slightly shorter time to change, but they won't be fully transformed. The end result is often a soft, pliable substance with the colours of the intended object. Overall her ability is faster and her range has expanded. Her ability is most potent at touch-range.

Late Level 5: Now even medium weight objects can be transmuted successfully, but at a much slower rate compared to smaller objects. She may only be able to partially transform large heavy objects. It depends on the weight and density of the thing in question. For extremely heavy objects only the area within her touch-range is affected. By now her speed is such that small, less dense objects can be transformed almost instantaneously. Her range is approximately half of Jenna's effective range.

• Level One: Light (Novice)

Level Three: Light (Intermediate), Medium (Novice)

Level Five: Light (Master), Medium (Intermediate), Heavy (Novice)

• The objects she produces have the same relative density as the original.
    • Her speed is impacted by the number of objects she is focusing on. Even at Level 5 she struggles with three objects of any weight.
    • High densities will always affect her speed.
    • She can't seem to affect living material e.g. flesh. However at later levels, she can transmute dried hollow bones and wooden planks.
    • She can create more complex objects at later levels, but how well they function depends on her knowledge of the actual mechanism.

• Cassonade posted on January 1 2014

As some of you may have guessed – I'm an air hostess! I have been working for American Airlines for the last three years, and I love every moment. The fun doesn't stop there. During my downtime I am freelance choreographer. I help people design new cheer routines and occasionally new dance routines. I doubt I want to be a full time choreographer. It's way too stressful! I just like talking to teenagers. I mean I was one till recently. Anyhow… I gotta run. Flying back to home in less than three hours. Gotta grab some candy on the way! xxx

• The Day before the Bus Ride

Blonde hair fell over her eyes as Callie leaned forward. She counted silently under her breath as she held that position for several counts. She exhaled one final time before pulling up and lifted her arms into the air. Her legs drew together till she was sitting cross-legged with soles of both feet touching each other. She bent her right arm so that her hand reached slightly below her shoulder blades while her left hand held onto the elbow. She repeated the same movement with her left arm. Finally the young woman got up and walked over and held onto the handle of her cupboard door. She lifted her left leg up as her left hand grabbed onto her ankle.

"Cal! I'm going now. See you at dinner."

"Okay, Jan!" She yelled back to her twin as she relaxed.

Whistling quietly, Cal twisted back and forth, and then she held onto the railing and lifted her right leg. She released her leg and then jogged on the spot for several minutes. Satisfied she grabbed her sneakers and headed out the door. A couple of red and silver fringed pompoms rolled off the shoe rack, but she ignored them. She slammed the door after her. Five minutes later she dashed back and threw the door open. Shoots! Jan would flip if she noticed that. Cal quickly grabbed her half eaten packet of m&ms from her bedside table. Her eyes fell on her lemon yellow digital alarm clock. 7:45 am. Two hours before she has to leave home too. Taking public transport was gonna be a pain. Pfff! Jan had totally forgotten about her car. God damn it! Hopefully the sour-faced grump of a coach would love her proposed choreographed cheer routine! If all goes well she would be meeting the squad tomorrow afternoon to teach them their new routine.

• "Don't be shitting me now. Come on! Where's your fighting spirit?"

"Hey there, Georgie girl! Come give your big sis a hug!"

"Sugar cures everything. Throw away that Panadol and have skittles instead."
      [tab=Updates]​

Last edited:
      • Love
      General Bio
      Name: Jenna Baxter
      Appearance:
      f-ZUKrzN9WY.jpg

Jenna has an average build for someone that stands at a mere 5'1". Although one to wear cute attire, practicality and comfort is what is most important to her and is often found in jeans and simple shirt or a blouse with a matching pair of tennis shoes or flats.

Superpower
      Name of ability: Magnetic Manipulation
      Description: Jenna has the capabilities of moving and shaping metals that are able to be affected by magnets. Ever since the serum, a magnetic force has been created in her hands allowing to use her powers by pulling and pushing the metal she is concentrating on.

Level one abilities: Jenna is able to move small objects weighting at a max of ten pounds but any more than five pounds will require great focus and have the possibility of not working. She is able to alter and shape soft metals but causes a lot of strain and focus.

Level three abilities: Jenna can move metal up to half of what she can physically hold and able to alter the shape of soft metals at ease. She is able to alter denser and harder metals but without much success. Able to gain control over one of her weaknesses, Jenna can use her magnetism to willingly cause electronic disruption in objects such as surveillance cameras and the likes but only with direct physical contact.

Level five abilities: Jenna can move metal up to what she can physically hold and able to control up to two different objects (one for each hand) with ease. She can shape nearly any type of metal but is unable to change the given properties and traits of the metal she is manipulating. Her capability to cause electronic disruption has moved to a range of up to ten feet.

Weakness/drawback: Jenna is unable to use most technology until she is able to restrain her magnetic force while using the object and even then she has to keep a steady concentration to make sure she doesn't slip up. Strong magnets can interfere with her powers and is completely powerless against any metals not affected by magnets. Due to the magnetic force within her body, she is not able to absorb iron as well as normal people especially during prolonged use of her powers which causes anemia if she isn't watchful of her iron levels

History: Born and raised in central Florida, Jenna lived an average, upper middle class life with both her parents and a younger brother. Upon graduating from high school with decent grades, Jenna decided to move north to New York to experience life in the big city while in college, something she has been planning ever since she was young with her best friend. After spending two years living in a dorm and working at a coffee shop, Jenna moved into a small apartment a few miles away from the school and has been living there since. Enjoying life in New York, Jenna decided to stay instead of moving back to Florida. Although she hasn't found a job as a full-time teacher with her degree, she has been working as a substitute teacher for the last year with a promising chance of being a teacher next year after a recent interview.

The day before the bus ride: A small smile crept on Jenna's lips as she looked through the storefront window at the litter of puppies being displayed. Ever since she moved to New York, having a dog was one things she missed. The apartment she was living in had many strict rules and she often debated about moving out and living in a place which was more dog friendly but she knew that it would be unwise until she had a steady teaching job. As she normally was, Jenna was optimistic and had a good feeling that the interview she was in yesterday went well and that she would soon be on her way to fulfilling her goals.

With a small sigh, Jenna started to head down the street knowing that she didn't have much time to waste today. A small group of friends were meeting at her house in a few hours for dinner and she still didn't have the items necessary for dinner. "Crap." Jenna mumbled to herself as she reached in her pocket and realized that she forgot her shopping list at home. Mentally chastised herself for being so careless yet again, Jenna pulled her phone out to check the time. Frustration overwhelmed her as she shoved her phone back in her pocket knowing far too well that she wouldn't have enough time to run back home to get the list. Hoping that her memory is good enough to remember all that she needed, Jenna headed into the store and quickly grabbed the materials for the tacos her and her friends were going to eat before making her way to the checkout line, the worst part of shopping in her opinion. Waiting impatiently as the checkout, Jenna was glad when she was finally able to leave the store.

"Procrastinating again?" A familiar voice said in a jokingly as Jenna reached the street her apartment was on.

"Can it Emma or I won't procrastinate canning you." Jenna said with a slight smirk as she handed a few of her grocery bags to her friend. "You're a bit early aren't you?" Jenna said after unlocking and opening the door for Emma.

"Of course. I'm looking forward to eating on time this time around so I came to help you out." Emma jested as she placed the bags of groceries on Jenna's table. "I can start to cook the meat if you want to prepare everything else."

"You have to be kidding me!" Jenna exclaimed as dropped her groceries onto the table and rummaged through the bags.

"Forgot something?" Emma asked as she watched Jenna with folded arms.

"Yeah, I'm thinking we're going to have vegetarian tacos tonight. I forgot the meat."

Status
      Not open for further replies.