Unlikely Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly quite a bit disappointed how you have been handling all of this Prince of Serraphs. When I was notified about how you were posting on the Guild on everyone's behalf in the IC and OOC I contacted you in a PM asking you to get in contact with the others to make sure if they would be okay with it since at that point I was already receiving some concerns about it. Since you have been saying countless times that you frequent the Guild I made it easier and more accessable and messaged you there. That was a month ago. You never once replied to that message or asked for permission and instead ignored my request and continued to post.

Since you were unable to take on that request the next logical step was to tell you to stop posting altogether on our behalf since there is someone who was uncomfortable with it. I am going to respect everyone's personal privacy and comfort level and continuing to post is honestly is quite disrespectful to your fellow roleplayers in UH.

After a month of not responding, this is what brought you to action. I respect that you prefer the Guild as I mentioned in my PM and like you I am still a frequent visitor however as I said, this isn`t only about personal preference but what is best for UH and if someone is uncomfortable, it isn't going to make UH a healthy place to post and be a part of.

When you got back to me on this second PM you mentioned that you wanted to know who was in contact with me about this concern ad as it is with what is spoken to me in privacy, I was not going to tell you but instead mentioned that we could start up an anonymous poll so that you could see that there is an actual concern. This was supposed to be done AFTER all the facts were stated as well as openning up a space for discussion if someone wanted to input something. This didn't happen. Instead you undermined my power as a GM and posted in the OOC without all the facts in a manner that didn't display everything that has been going on such as the plan was if you wanted to do a poll.

I am disappointed that you went this route and decided to stir up trouble as you have done after seeing how mild tempered UH has been as a whole since it's conception. I have given you ample opportunity to handle this situation in a mature manner but every step of the way your have chosen otherwise. I do have to leave for work and will have to resume once I am home but we are not done here.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: of Dirt
If I'm being honest I don't understand why this could possibly be a problem at all much less as big a one as it is blowing up to be. Essentially the old thread is serving as a database for my person use. Other people not affiliated with UH might read it and if they do I hope they enjoy the story but the old UH is purely information. I'm not recruiting more characters or altering anyone's post or anything other than moving the text. As I've told it's for my benefit because this site is a little out of my way so the old UH thread helps me keep track of what's going on and any relevant information that might be a bit older. Not to be insensitive but me updating the old thread is purely about me and my ability to function properly in this RP and make my posts as interesting as possible. I'm not trying to facilitate moving UH back to the Guild or doing anything to change the dynamic of this RP. It really is purely for my convenience. If that sounds self centered then it likely is but really I'd like to know what exactly the problem could possibly be.

With regards to the PM. I didn't actually get it, well I got it in the sense that it made it into my inbox but looking at the time stamp I believe it came during a fairly busy time in a RWBY RP I'm involved in during which me and four other guys were PMing back and forth rather heavily. The alert may have gotten erased as I thought it was part of that discussion. For that my sincere apologies but I wasn't ignoring you or disregarding your authority as GM. I simply didn't read your message.

To whoever it was that brought up the issue in the first place, I'm not mad about it or anything but I think it's kind of rude when I do something that you for whatever reason find distressing rather than bringing up the issue with me after which we can work together to find a solution that both of us find acceptable instead you go over my head, essentially going to my boss, to someone who has the power to force me to cease instead of working through a compromise.

Kirra, my apologies in the PM I missed the word "anonymous" in your final paragraph. I was under the impression that you wanted to open up everything to public opinion and get a discussion going regarding what might be the problem with this. I presented the situation as far as I'm aware it is. I wish to update the old UH to function as a personal database for use over the course of this RP. Pure and simple. I didn't want to mention that someone had brought this up as being a problem because 1. that paints it as a negative issue which might influence how people respond to it and 2. I didn't want to single out whoever it was, making them feel as though I was targeting them.

If I've caused problems for you with how I've handled this my apologies.

The original issue was reposting without permission. That was addressed in PMs. Now...regardless of what responses were given, or whether they were received, I saw your response to Kirra, asking who had concerns and why it was a concern. That response indicates reception of the request to cease and desist. After that request, before any response from Kirra, the reposts continued. This shows intent, as well as defiance.

Now...I am totally willing to bury any other issues that we have had, because I know that we're all coming from different roleplaying backgrounds. Not everyone is going to be on the same page. But...defying a C&D order while it's still under discussion would never be tolerated in any legal system, regardless of where you live.

Part of my job is to make sure the players get what they want. I was doing my job when you contacted us, after that long hiatus, wanting to know if your spot was still open. I was doing my job when I said "yes, come back". I was doing my job when I tried to come up with plot for Christian. I was doing my job when I brainstormed with you, to make sure you still had a place in Unlikely Heroes.

But I was also doing my job when I told Kirra I could not support the reposts. In any just society, this amounts to plagiarism. You are taking the words of others and reposting them without their consent. That is plagiarism, pure and simple. No feelings, no emotions, no opinions, no bias. Just fact.

Everything else can be worked on, but if that's something you're going to insist on, then you are opposing every principle of basic roleplay etiquette. And I must defy you.

Either the reposts stop, or this escalates. Those are the only two possibilities. Now it's time for you to choose.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry it had to be said that bluntly.

That's not true. It is true that I was relocating posts on the day that Kirra issued the cease and desist notice. It is more than possible that I may have moved a couple of posts after she posted it but I stopped after seeing and responding to it. I wished to clear up exactly what the issue was and not alienate my GM who's been more than patient with me falling in and out of this RP (I'm still really sorry about that). I may not have agreed with the C&D order but I did not openly defy it after I saw it.

With regards to plagiarism. I never claimed that any of the work was mine other than the posts actually written by me. I took several steps to avoid anyone who might have browsed the thread thinking that. Each relocated post has the avatar and name of the roleplayer who wrote it, for those of you that changed names after swapping to Iwaku it has both. There is a disclaimer in the character tab reporting that the work is not mine and I told some RPer that asked about it that it was not all my work. I'm not trying to plagiarize anyone, the updating of the thread is, was and should it continue will be purely about keeping stock of the RP nothing more.

Wrath if you had a problem with me updating the old thread why didn't you say something to me. I'm not unreasonable (I don't think anyways) we could have come some sort of a conclusion. Or at least avoided involving everyone in such a public and messy manor (though I'll take responsibility for that one).

I actually came into this debate late. I was not aware this was even happening until the conversation with you and Kirra. Basically, what I think has to be suspended in favor of what's good for the roleplay, and it is in that capacity that I am now acting. Please understand that this is not a targeted attack on you as a person. There is a violation of etiquette and protocol, which has had to be brought up because it was not solved through private communication. That's all.

I want a peaceful solution. I will hear any ideas on how that can be achieved. But...if a poll is taken and even one player casts a "no" vote, then reposting must immediately stop. That's the long and the short of it. I would expect no less.

This is not over. No judgments have been made yet. There is still time to figure this out. I encourage you to wait until Kirra responds and try to work this out.

There is still a place for Christian in Unlikely Heroes. It's just...there are a few changes that need to be made first. Nothing more.

Aghk! Sorry guys, my computer is being a butt. I still have Skype on my phone, but long posts are a pain on here.

I might still make the effort, but probably not before any time skipping happens, unless folks are wanting further closure with how Teddy joins up? Skype the scene, maybe?

Happy New Years everyone! With the holidays finally over I'll work on catching up with everything once I get home (along with a map of the warehouse). I'm sorry about the delay @Prince of Seraphs. I haven't forgotten about you. Once we get a few more posts for the cafe I'll get a post up for that part but I'm currently unable to do so until we more posts.

@Jack Skidder (?) Not to be rude and maybe you discussed this with the GMs over PM and it's all okay in which case ignore me but can you really drop back into an RP you were barely apart of over a year ago with an IC post and no form of OOC explanation or request to return? I mean you've only posted once before and that was in the December of 2014. I probably shouldn't be the one mentioning this given that I've fallen out of and returned to this RP twice already but isn't that just a little rude to the people that have been dedicated to this since the beginning?

Thank you for your concern @Prince of Seraphs! A lack of talking in the Ooc (private or not) can become a big issue especially if someone comes back into UH without prior contact and making sure they are caught up. In this case although he did act a bit premature and posted before he or I could make a post here in the Ooc, he did contact me through Skype (which if any of you haven't joined yet I encourage you to do so) to let me know that he was interested in joining again as well as the goal of getting a post up twice a month and as a minimum (which I am hoping we all can strive for), one a month. There is some discussion that still needs to be done before fully integrating @Jack Skidder (?) which I hope we can do soon.

As for your posts on the Guild Prince of Seraphs, honestly I think it would be best to find something everyone would be comfortable with whether it is okay for you to continue posting, posting only the IC post or perhaps if you do not prefer Iwaku another means such as Google Docs or some other private way of keeping track of posts. I understand your concerns as well as the concerns of the group and if we can find an agreed way of going about this I would like to find this and go that route. I will be setting up a poll as soon as I can figure it out and will keep it open for one week. I will post it here and in Skype once it is up.

@of Dirt, you should make it harder! That way someone else might get a turn. I'm curious on hearing what they might have for their characters. @dpickle? You haven't gone in awhile in the game. Would you like a turn? Post one truth and two lies and the rest will have to figure out which one is which.

@Nemaisare, no worries. You are not the only one with some RL things that is getting in the way in the cafe group. I might try and see if we all can figure something out via Skype and possibly do a collab in which each of you can post bits and pieces up to what you all are able to given each of your circumstances into a bigger post I'll formulate. I will start that up tomorrow.

I got the poll up. For some reason I wasn't able to get it here in the OOC and must have missed something so you'll find it in the IC.

Sure, I can go.

1) Since learning his migraines fuel his power, Pat has the fear that his migraine's going to cut out at an important moment.

2) Pat is more proficient with technology than most people his age.

3) Pat's migraines were more erratic when they started and got progressively more consistent as he got older.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rina
Hmm I'm going to vote three!

Here is the map for the capture the flag game. The Charlies are team two and the yellow squares are the flags. Each square is five feet in length and the shaded area around the flag is where the anti-super tech is in use (which will move as the flag is being moved).

The weapon list is tentative and if you have a suggestion that you would like, please mention it here or Skype and I'll add it to the list. Everything so far on this list has been requested by someone in the Skype group and I did add a few of the funny ones you guys listed just for you all (maybe Garret was hungry during the last game and forgot the bagels?). THE WEAPON LIST WILL BE FINALIZED AND NOTHING WILL BE ADDED ONCE MY NEXT IC POST IS UP.

Each team have:
-5 firecrackers
-3 smoke grenades
-1 short staff
-1 small jar of crushed ghost peppers
-2 jars of sterno
-2 heavy duty flashlight
-3 flash grenades
-3 lighters
-2 marshmallow gun and a bag of marshmallows
-1 bag of hardened bagels (Team 2 only)
-1 bottle of water

MwZGyIm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm voting 3. I almost went with 1 since no one else has, but I just can't imagine being worried about not getting a migraine. >.>

That map is really wonderful, Kirra, as is the list of weapon choices. Oh man, I love it. And the bagels. Snrk.

Also, thought this was rather relevant...

I'll post the answer in a few days if no one else makes a guess. On an unrelated note, Josiah is using his power to bring the Charlies to the training area correct? How will that work with him teleporting Pat? Will he teleport like normal and feel the effects after or will Pat's power interrupt it in some way?

Reactions: Rina
Seeing what happened the day before Josiah would make sure to movr Pat and Vida last and separately (Pat first then Vida). So that he can concentrate on one distraction at a time and if something goes wrong it won't bother the rest of the group. It will be taxing on him but he would be able to get them there but a brief break would be needed to gather himself. He will break contact as soon as he can to limit his exposure but anything too long can harm his concentration which would be a bigger issue than the actual pain due to his training before TSP.

I'm debating on that one Nemai. It would be something that would be longer lasting compared to the rest and a bit too easy for something that would effect someone that long. You could always lick the marshmallow and dip the end in the crushed pepper and shoot it in the person's face with the marshmallow gun XD

Actually could someone do that. It would be amazing since the marshmallow was a gag weapon per Garret's request.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahahaha, marshmallow ghost pepper mini bombs.

And yeah, just having a whole jar of the powder would be kinda detrimental for anyone nearby unless you had a method for reducing its effects on your group or focusing the spray towards a specific someone/body part.

I sorta just want someone to try pocketing it for use later. I dunno, spiking the punch with ghost peppers... >.> Oh man, no one let Teddy know what's in the jar. No one. I don't care if she's not in this scenario yet. Don't let her know.

Status
Not open for further replies.